Author Topic: Berkey Water System NA in Iowa??  (Read 4836 times)

Offline HeyMom

• Adept
    • My journey with Jesus as a young widow, Courage Road
Berkey Water System NA in Iowa??
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
not available in Iowa!     >:(  something to do with the state?  imagine that!  when i called CS @ Berkey they didn't have details, just that it was against state regulations.

anyone know why?

i am trying to be creative as to how to get one......shhh.... :-X
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
www.courageroad.blogspot.com

Offline Melie

• Master
Re: Berkey Water System NA in Iowa??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 08:09:31 AM »
I have one and really like it.  Been using it for over a year.  I'm surprised they won't ship one to you. Maybe someone from here or someone you know in another state, could order you one and send it to you.  You could pay them through paypal even.  I would but we are in the process of moving and having lots of other issues so I can't add anything to our life right now.  If you can't find another way, contact me and I can try to help in a couple weeks.

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »
You could probably get one off Ebay without a problem.
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline morethanalive

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »
not available in Iowa!     >:(  something to do with the state?  imagine that!  when i called CS @ Berkey they didn't have details, just that it was against state regulations.

anyone know why?

I'd be happy to ship a brand new one to you for $175 on Monday via UPS Ground.

My site: More Than Alive.com

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 11:56:56 AM »

anyone know why?

Redneck Water Filter
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jeff.freeman71

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:58 AM »
I know that this is an old thread, but a few people were talking about making their own Berkey water filter from a five gallon bucket.  I was going to make my own as well, but then I found this http://www.disasterstuff.com/store/pc/Bucket-Berkey-Water-Filter-20p1202.htm Bucket Berkey water filter and I figured why try to make it myself when it costs less to just have them send it to me.  Been using it for years and it works great.  I do wish that I would have done the four filter system, but it is still a great value in my opinion.