Author Topic: How do YOU steralize enema tips?  (Read 2723 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
How do YOU steralize enema tips?
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
I was curious if there was a right or wrong way to do this?  I am usually the only one who does an enema in the house, but occasionally will do one on the kids if they are really ill but it is rare.  What I have been doing is submerging the tip immediately after my enema in a hydrogen peroxide solution in a plastic cup.  Then, I boil some water in my "enema pot" (that is it's only use in life :) )  I add the tip and boil for about 20-25 min.  I wash the pot by itself in the sink with an older sponge that I then toss out.  I hope this isn't a gross way to do it!  I just thought that maybe it was being done wrong.  Perhaps, because the other day I gave one to my son and boiled the water all the way gone and my enema tip melted into the cast iron pot and I had to smell plastic fumes for a day.  I am out of an enema tip, enema pot, and wondering if there is a better way to do this!  Any suggestions on what everyone else is doing!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: How do YOU steralize enema tips?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »
I don't know about the enema tip, but I think you might be able to salvage your cast iron skillet.  See the thread "Supplement your Iron without the Side Effects".
  My favorite herb book!!