Author Topic: Oil-pulling, Anyone?  (Read 77070 times)

YoopreMama

Re: Oil-pulling, Anyone?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:24 AM »
I am doing a salt water flush from the Master Cleanse this morning.  Had a headache last night and some nausea this morning and last night.  Think I swallow bits of sesame oil.   :P

Now that I'm "flushed" out, I wonder if my skin will improve.  I think my colon needs to be regular for me to do this, so garbage doesn't sit there too long and get reabsorbed.

Been doing it 2x a day now for a couple of days.  I have some moles that are seemingly falling off.  Very curious--wonder if that Black Salve has anything to do w/ it.

Offline Daniel's Cousin

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:43 AM »
 I think I'm going to start this tomorrow morning. Should I wait a certain amount of time before eating (after pulling)? Also, is it best to just rinse the mouth with warm water, brush with baking soda and peroxide, or brush with my normal Colgate? I haven't quite been able to wrap my mind around not brushing my teeth (too many years of "show me your clean teeth, Carrie", I reckon), but I think I can (maybe) handle it. :-\
 The whole liver squirting thing does make me a bit nervous- what exactly does that do to your body :P? I think I can understand the clinical aspect of it, but what are the noticeable physical effects? Will my stomach be hurting/cramping? Will I feel sick, tired, crabby, hot, cold? Will I have headaches, skin problems, stinky feet (I'm trying to cover all the gruesome possibilities  ::))?
 Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  ;D  
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »
I think I'm going to start this tomorrow morning. Should I wait a certain amount of time before eating (after pulling)? Also, is it best to just rinse the mouth with warm water, brush with baking soda and peroxide, or brush with my normal Colgate? I haven't quite been able to wrap my mind around not brushing my teeth (too many years of "show me your clean teeth, Carrie", I reckon), but I think I can (maybe) handle it. :-\
 The whole liver squirting thing does make me a bit nervous- what exactly does that do to your body :P? I think I can understand the clinical aspect of it, but what are the noticeable physical effects? Will my stomach be hurting/cramping? Will I feel sick, tired, crabby, hot, cold? Will I have headaches, skin problems, stinky feet (I'm trying to cover all the gruesome possibilities  ::))?
 Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  ;D  

If your stomach is NOT empty you could feel nauseous. I've learned with my son that he cannot tolerate any fats or oils towards the ends of his meals (even milk) b/c it makes him feel nauseous (b/c of the liver squirting bile into his FULL stomach).
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline mama star

• Learning
  • Christmas 2007
    • Lonestar Sentiments
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »
Did anyone answer if it was ok to do this while nursing? If someone did, I missed that post. Anyone know?
I love my little stars...and the big one too! :)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
I am thinking about trying this but can't figure out if I really should.   I don't have a gallbladder so wonder if that would make it harder on my liver.   Also, as much as I would like my amalgam fillings to fall out I don't know if I could find a dentist to put the composite ones in.   Guess I am just being chicken, I don't really want to feel BAD.   Are those of you doing this really feeling icky?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
bump

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
I've done this twice today with no ill effects at all.  I took my walk up a large hill with a high wind chill and my asthma was there but may have actually been better.  I'm guessing either there is something else causing some of the big detox symptoms for some or that I may be healthier than I thought.  Hard to believe that!
Of course I could just be wishing for those results!

YoopreMama

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007, 04:22:45 PM »
I have a terrible rash!   :(

It's like the kind you get w/ a reaction to amoxicillin.  On my belly, upper arms...pink, mottled...I only did the oil once this AM for about 5 minutes.  The salt water flush really cleaned me out and I've eaten well today so I'm perplexed...this is a good thing, right?  A rash is a sign that the body is ridding itself of junk, right? I'm really wondering right now.  Pulling out my burdock root and PMS (detox) tea for a nightcap.

Will check in tomorrow.

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 05:09:12 PM »

It's like the kind you get w/ a reaction to amoxicillin.  On my belly, upper arms...pink, mottled...I only did the oil once this AM for about 5 minutes.  The salt water flush really cleaned me out and I've eaten well today so I'm perplexed...this is a good thing, right?  A rash is a sign that the body is ridding itself of junk, right? I'm really wondering right now.  Pulling out my burdock root and PMS (detox) tea for a nightcap.

Will check in tomorrow.

I actually have a thought on that belly rash.  My son has one right now on his belly too. My daughter did earlier...

My son's bile duct seems to have become unobstructed in the last week, freeing all this toxic bile to flow down through his intestines to exit his body. My guess is he is reabsorbing through his intestinal tract the "free radical" waste & it is attempting to exit through his skin also.

What seems to be helping him is eating lots of blueberries!  :D  Actually, antioxidants in general. Between meals he craves blueberries & cranberry juice. NOW, fair warning, it does make you pass gass like crazy. All those "free radicals" are getting "fixed" by the antioxidants rendering them less toxic to the body, but produces gas as a result.
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 05:44:35 PM »

Will check in tomorrow.

Are you having any itching with the rash?  When you said "like the kind you get w/ a reaction to amoxicillin", it made me think of an allergic reaction.  You can develop allergies at any time.   I was giving shots to someone every other day, and about the third week into treatment - with no prior warning - she developed a severe allergic reaction.  They determined that it was most likely the oil that was binding the injection fluid - it may have been sesame oil.  If the reaction gets worse, I would think about allergies.  Just my 2 cents, but since I'm not a professional I won't send a bill!!  ;D

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:46 PM »
Anybody???????? :) :)

Could we get a list of the oils to use and any specific benefits each might have? I looked on curezone, but didn't have time to sift through the 47 pages!! On the other sites I've looked on, it talks about sesame and sunflower, I think...

I have flaxseed oil, and "pure" olive oil (in other words, not all of it is cold pressed). Which, if either, would be better to use? I was hoping the flaxseed would be good, but don't want to waste it oil pulling if it's not a good one to use. So I'd love input from some of you who are knowledgable about oil pulling.... THANKS!!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2007, 12:13:40 AM »
I actually have a thought on that belly rash.

My son's bile duct seems to have become unobstructed in the last week, freeing all this toxic bile to flow down through his intestines to exit his body. My guess is he is reabsorbing through his intestinal tract the "free radical" waste & it is attempting to exit through his skin also.

What seems to be helping him is eating lots of blueberries!    Actually, antioxidants in general.  All those "free radicals" are getting "fixed" by the antioxidants rendering them less toxic to the body, but produces gas as a result.
--likemanywaters

Are you having any itching with the rash?  When you said "like the kind you get w/ a reaction to amoxicillin", it made me think of an allergic reaction.  You can develop allergies at any time.   I was giving shots to someone every other day, and about the third week into treatment - with no prior warning - she developed a severe allergic reaction.  They determined that it was most likely the oil that was binding the injection fluid - it may have been sesame oil.  If the reaction gets worse, I would think about allergies.  Just my 2 cents, but since I'm not a professional I won't send a bill!!  ;D

God bless you both for being so kind as to offer your thoughts!   :-* 

I am awake now after being so itchy--took a bath. Yes, the new rash is itchy.  Baths give some relief, but I've been out of DSS and just been using Epsom Salts. I'm quitting the black salve and upping my liver supportive herbs.

I had wild blueberries today and lots of garlic and onions...yogurt and water, too.  I will keep it up and cling to the hope that I am somehow helping my liver to work better and that it will pass.  Keeping the bowels going is key, too, I think...and antioxidants...thinking about another liver flush tomorrow, but not sure I want to flood myself w/ more junk!  If this rash spreads to my face, I'm gonna' be cross.  >:(

I wonder about an allergy to the sesame oil?   ???

Now, I also have a dermatologist appointment scheduled for next week.   ::)  What kinds of questions would be helpful?  I don't want prescription drugs, for sure, but surely she is going to know something helpful on the topic....can she test my liver?  What would she look for? 

My blueberries are thawing for some warm homemade yogurt!  YUM!   ;D

Offline Daniel's Cousin

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2007, 04:47:49 AM »
 Okay. I went to Wal-Mart last night, and all they had was olive and coconut oil. I decided to go with olive, because 1) it doesn't need to be melted, and 2) I already had some at home (simple enough economics  ;D).
 I did a whole bunch of thinking about it- last night and this morning- and finally worked up my nerve, got my spoon, stood over the sink (just in case the taste was too horrid  :P), and bit the bullet (as they say- though I'm not entirely sure why  ::)). For the first minute and fifty-three seconds, it wasn't too bad. By the two minute mark, I was gagging and choking up bile and reaching for my Colgate  :-X. Blech. My stomach started doing weird 'I need to vomit' things, and I wound up on the bathroom floor, crying and gagging. It was not a fun morning  :'(.
 I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try again, but if I do, it won't be with olive oil. The problem is, all the health food stores are in Columbia, where I rarely go. Camden's kind of the fast food type of town, not the health food type  :o. So I don't know when I'll be able to get different oil, but when I do, I'm not going to try to multi-task. Dressing and pulling are mutually exclusive, from now on  8).
And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2007, 05:04:13 AM »
I am thinking about trying this but can't figure out if I really should.   I don't have a gallbladder so wonder if that would make it harder on my liver.   Also, as much as I would like my amalgam fillings to fall out I don't know if I could find a dentist to put the composite ones in.   Guess I am just being chicken, I don't really want to feel BAD.   Are those of you doing this really feeling icky?
Liver/Gallbladder flushes are recommended for those who have had their gallbladders out, because if your gallbladder had stones, it's a pretty good indication that your liver has stones.  Just from what I've read, this appears to be just another method of doing a liver/gallbladder flush. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15:35 AM »
I got my oil at Kroger.  They had a lot to chose from but they weren't all cold pressed or refined like the web sites said.  It was pricey but I decided that I would use so little that it would maybe stretch itself.  I got toasted sesame oil.  Not fond of the taste, myself.  My husband did say he thought my teeth looked whiter this morning and I have only done the pulling three times in two days.  I have also been bleaching my teeth for some time now with not that great results.  They seemed to get whiter but just not as white as I would have liked.  Woohoo if this is working! 

'Bite the bullet' came from the 'old west' days when people got shot or wounded and they gave them a bullet to bite down on for pain (maybe bullets were soft?).  They had no anesthesia so they gave them something other than their finger to bite.  Or at least that is what I have heard.  I seem to have a lot of useless information in my head.  Do you think my kids will get a good homeschool education on useless information?

By the way...girls doing the salt water flush.  Please be careful of doing that too often...I understand that if you stimulate your bowels artificially too much, they will not work properly on their own.  Somehow they lose their ability?  Look into it before you take my word for it.

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2007, 05:21:23 AM »
I read that olive oil is very heavy to start out with.  I am using sunflower oil that I got from Kroger.  I put a drop or two of peppermint oil in it and swiss and pull for twenty minutes.  I have found out that if you put it in your mouth and jump in the shower, that 20 minutes goes by alot quicker.  I am in and out of the shower, have my hair combed out and get dressed, and times up!  Works for me.... 
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2007, 05:22:44 AM »
Just a thought.  I don't think toxins should be leaching into your body through your intestines.  If they are, you may have damage in the intestinal tract that may need to be healed.  I suppose if you were just so overloaded that you couldn't flush them properly, they might "overflow" but if your intestinal tract is not leaking and working properly, I wouldn't think this would an issue.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2007, 05:29:28 AM »
Okay. I went to Wal-Mart last night, and all they had was olive and coconut oil. I decided to go with olive, because 1) it doesn't need to be melted, and 2) I already had some at home (simple enough economics  ;D). 

I decided to use coconut oil (from Mountain Rose Herbs) because I had it at home already.  I don't even take the time to melt it.  I just take the Tbsp of oil solid, put it in my mouth, and it starts to melt immediately.  As I feel it become liquid, I just start swishing, and soon all of it is melted.  It usually only takes a minute or two at the most for all of it to melt, and I don't have to fuss with it.  When I was fighting a cold, it made me gag, and a couple of times I had a coughing bout.  I waited until that was nearly over to start up again, and now I don't mind it at all.  If I just keep busy, the time is up before I know it.

I think my teeth are getting whiter, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.  I won't say anything to anyone else, and if my dentist at church (or his wife) notices, then I'll know that it's not just a figment of my imagination!

Offline Daniel's Cousin

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2007, 06:15:09 AM »

I decided to use coconut oil (from Mountain Rose Herbs) because I had it at home already.  I don't even take the time to melt it.  I just take the Tbsp of oil solid, put it in my mouth, and it starts to melt immediately.  As I feel it become liquid, I just start swishing, and soon all of it is melted.  It usually only takes a minute or two at the most for all of it to melt, and I don't have to fuss with it. 

That's a good idea. I'll get some coconut oil this weekend.

When I was fighting a cold, it made me gag, and a couple of times I had a coughing bout.

That may be my problem; I am a bit stuffy.

Thanks.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »
Liver/Gallbladder flushes are recommended for those who have had their gallbladders out, because if your gallbladder had stones, it's a pretty good indication that your liver has stones.  Just from what I've read, this appears to be just another method of doing a liver/gallbladder flush. 

Thanks  healthy
I kind of have been thinking along those lines but am still not convinced I want to try this.   I really hate the throwing up and diarrhea that come along with liver problems.   Guess I will have to clear my schecule for a week and just plunge in.  :-\   Thanks to all of you people who have posted results.  It helps.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2007, 09:50:02 AM »

Thanks  healthy
I kind of have been thinking along those lines but am still not convinced I want to try this.   I really hate the throwing up and diarrhea that come along with liver problems.   Guess I will have to clear my schecule for a week and just plunge in.  :-\   Thanks to all of you people who have posted results.  It helps.
You could start slower with some milk thistle, dandelion, spirulina or chlorella.  These are all great supplements to detox your liver with and not near as drastic as flushing.  Maybe after a couple of months of supplements, you'd be less likely to be sick doing a flush.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Daniel's Cousin

• Adept
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2007, 10:14:53 AM »
 HB, your new little machine gun guy is scary  ;D.

Offline Tech Serv Assistant

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
Today my mom, sister (sunflowergirl) and I jumped on the oil pulling wagon. ;) I have done it twice today and am very anxious to see results! Has anyone had it help headaches? Just curious.

HB, your new little machine gun guy is scary ;D.
I agree! :D
"God isn't a mouse on strings. God IS the strings." - Marion, Bible Prof

"You know, when you look at the lineage of Jesus, it isn't too whippy." - Marion, Bible Prof

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »
You better watch it or I'll split your thread.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »

My five year old is gonna loooooove this one! LOL!

YoopreMama

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
Finally finding some encouraging stuff on detox/skin rashes: (sorry so lengthy) from:  http://www.webdeb.com/detox.htm

SKIN RASHES 
Returning to the symptoms which occur on a superior nutritional program, people who have had tendencies in the past to recurring skin rashes or eruptions will frequently tend to eliminate poisons and harmful drugs through the skin with new rashes or eruptions. If they go to a doctor now who is not familiar with this aspect of nutrition, he will diagnose it as an allergy.

They ask. "How come. I'm eating better now than I ever did before, and instead I'm getting worse?" They don't understand that the body is retracing.

The skin is getting more alive and active. It's throwing out more poisons more rapidly now that the body is building more power which is saved from those hard-to-ingest meals which have been discontinued.

TOXINS DISCARDED 
These toxins being discarded are saving you from more serious disease which will result if you keep them in your body too much longer - possibly hepatitis, kidney disorders, blood disease, heart disease, arthritis, nerve degenerations or even cancer - depending upon your hereditary or structural weaknesses. Be happy you're paying your bills now in an easy-payment plan.

MILD OR SEVERE SYMPTOMS 
You may he eating perfectly in regard to quantity, quality and observing all the correct rules, and still symptoms will occur. Those who have lived better lives in the past - who have eaten better foods and who have abused their bodies less with overeating will have reactions ranging from almost none at all or very mild symptoms which may be uncomfortable or acute.
Those who have lived worse lives and poisoned themselves more will experience more severe symptoms - if their liver, kidneys, or other important eliminating organs have been damaged. When they have been renovated to the point of fair working order, they will no longer produce symptoms.

EXAMPLES 
Headaches may occur at the beginning:
fever and/or colds may also appear:
the skin may break out;
there may be a short interval of bowel sluggishness,
occasional diarrhea.
feelings of tiredness and weakness,
disinclination to exercise,
nervousness, irritability, negativity or mental depression,
frequent urination etc.

However, the great majority of people find their reactions tolerable and are encouraged to bear with them, because of the many improvements which have already occurred and are becoming more evident with each day. This acts as an inspirational force to them.

SYMPTOMS WILL DIFFER 
The symptoms will vary according to the materials being discarded, the condition of the organs involved in the elimination and the amount of energy you have available. The more you rest and sleep when symptoms are present, the milder they are and the more quickly they are terminated. Be happy you are having symptoms.

YOUNGER AND HEALTHIER EVERY DAY 
Realize deeply that your body is becoming younger and healthier every day, because you are throwing off more and more wastes which would eventually have brought pain, disease and much suffering.

Those who have the worst symptom-reactions and follow through to their successful termination are thus avoiding some of the worst disease which would eventually have developed had they continued their careless eating habits.

CYCLICAL IMPROVEMENT 
Don't expect to go on an ascending scale of quality, that improving your diet will make you feel better and better each dax until you reach perfection. The body is cyclical in nature. and health returns in a series of gradually diminishing cycles.

For example: you start a better diet and for a while you feel much better. After some time, a symptom occurs - you feel nauseous for a day and have diarrhea with a foul-smelling stool. After one day you feel even better than before and it goes fine for awhile. Then you suddenly develop a cold, feel chills and lose your appetite. After about two or three days (assuming you don't take drugs or do anything else about it), you suddenly recover and feel better than you did for years.

Let us say this wellbeing continues for two months, when you suddenly develop an itch or rash. You don't take anything special for it. This rash flares up, gets worse and continues for ten days, and suddenly subsides. Immediately after this you find that your hepatica is gone and your energy has increased more than ever before. The rash became an outlet for the poisons in the liver which produced the hepatitis.

DOW JONES RECOVERY CYCLES 
This is how recovery occurs - like the cycles in the Dow-Jones Average at the beginning of a bull market recovery.

You feel better, a reaction occurs and you don't feel as well for a short while. You recover and go even higher. Then another reaction occurs, milder than the last. You recover and go even higher. And so it goes, each reaction milder than the last as the body becomes pure.
Each reaction becoming shorter in duration and being, followed by a longer period of feeling better than ever before, until you reach a level plateau of vibrant health.
Here you become relatively disease-free.

CONCLUSION 
We must learn to obey the laws of Nature. We must learn to eat simple pure and natural foods, properly prepared and combined, and our bodies in return will cast off all the poisons we have taken in during our lives.

The mysteries of the body, the operations of nature, the vital forces working in nature are far beyond what our minds are prepared to understand at present.
Every great physician or scientist who ever lived marvelled in awe and humility at the wonders of nature. Yes - we are "fearfully and wonderfully made."

(Stanley S. Bass, 1984)

P.S.  A heating pad feels really good on the itchy belly!   :)

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2007, 04:09:33 AM »
Very interesting info!  Thanks for sharing the research.  That could explain alot of my life.  Eating well, breaking out, eating poorly, sometimes breaking out sometimes not.  Day three of me doing the oil pulling with amazing results and no negative symptoms, yet.  I walked a steep hill yesterday in a high wind chill with almost no asthma symptoms.  That was amazing for me!  My teeth are getting much whiter and they feel great! 

YoopreMama

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »
I have resumed oil pulling, as of this morning.  :)

I used coconut oil..much more pleasant than the sesame (and I kind of liked that). Noticed I was sleepy again tonight. Also went to the "Eat fat, lose fat" thread to consider more how the good fats help us w/ so much; even losing weight!  A healthy liver is something to strive for...I want to learn more...time to start a liver thread?   ;)

Offline Tech Serv Assistant

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2007, 05:24:47 AM »
I am on my second day of oil pulling, and so far it hasn't been too bad. We've been using sunflower oil which has fairly nice taste (for oil that is! ;)). I have made it roughly 10-13 minutes each time. So far I don't think I've had any detox symptoms, but I am only on my second day so I'm sure they're coming! :)
"God isn't a mouse on strings. God IS the strings." - Marion, Bible Prof

"You know, when you look at the lineage of Jesus, it isn't too whippy." - Marion, Bible Prof

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2007, 05:27:21 AM »
I do this almost every morning now and I notice a definite change in my tooth color also. Finally a way to whiten my teeth that I actually feel good about  ;D