Author Topic: Oil-pulling, Anyone?  (Read 77792 times)

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
Re: Oil-pulling, Anyone?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
On the curezone site it says that there ARE harmful bacteria in the oil in your mouth.  One man even reccommends rinsing with sea salt a couple of times to kill anything left after you spit.  Here is a link.  http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=827338  Have fun reading!
Lisa
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »
Well, I just finished my 2nd one!  I feel sleepy and arthritic today.  The sleepiness is increased since the pull and the arthritic feeling is slightly decreased.  My neck is very stiff when I try to turn my head.  I am keeping tabs on these symptoms and going to post in a few days if there is any difference.  Are any of you girls doing more than one a day?  So far, I have only done 1 a day, but was thinking on doing another before bed.  Any thoughts?
Lisa

He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Gabriel

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
I am doing it more than once  a day.  I was not going to do a second today but decided to try because I wanted to see if I could get the same response as this morning. Both times I felt I needed to cough up gunk. The second time I did it, after spitting, I kept gagging. Its not the oil but phelm in my chest.  I can't figure how to make it come out.  My sinus area also starts dripping as soon as I swish. Don't know why but it does. Even though I am only doing 10 minutes right now (tomorrow I will do the full 20) I can feel a difference.  Someone said that 10 is not enough but on earth clinic they have said if you need to work up to 20 minutes then do it, that every bit helps.  I also read that using coconut oil is one of the more powerful oils and it may cause detox faster than say, olive oil.  Just what I read on curezone a little while ago. 

In Christian love,
Gabriel

YoopreMama

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
Lisa,

You are funny!  :D I did do a 2nd oil pull on this "inaugural, auspicious day whence came the oil pulling"... ;)  I did spare my church members the viewing pleasure, though.  :o

It actually aids in the children and I having some light moments during the day--they get such a kick out of trying to make me laugh and thus, spit it out.   :P ;D  They like the sign language and notes...I like seeing how much body language they are able to read.   :)

I will keep trying the sesame oil...try 2-3 times a day...my teeth are shinier!   ;D

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »
Jen,
Glad I could add to your day!   ::) ;D  I WILL do it again before bed.  I am currently looking for plain sesame oil.  Although the roasted tastes good, I don't know if I am getting the full benefit out of the pulling.  It sure does change color though! 
I hadn't thought about being entertainment for the kids!  :P  I go in the bathroom and shut the door!  Maybe tomorrow we will try the entertainment thing!  :-*  The neck is gradually getting worse so I guess my body is releasing a lot of junk.  WOO HOO!  (I have to think of SOMETHING to be happy about!)
Off to fix din-din,
Lisa
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 03:28:13 PM »
Its not the oil but phelm in my chest.  I can't figure how to make it come out. 

Maybe you should try Lobelia. It would make that stuff come out of your chest!! Don't do it if you are pregnant.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline IMPersuadd

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »
So, I am fascinated by this thread - can those of you who are doing this PLEASE keep us posted at the two week mark.  Just wanting to know how it works long-term; and any side effects or surprises that may come up.

Also, any opinions on if one is nursing?  With the release of toxins would they enter your milk supply? 

Thanx,
Lori
I aM PERSUADeD

Romans 8:38-39
II Timothy 1:12

YoopreMama

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »
I plan to continue this very weird thing.  :D Twice today and only felt sleepy...did the 20 minutes w/ sesame oil.  Hoping to see improvement w/ skin--love what it's done to my teeth.  LOL.

Gabriel

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
I am pregnant right now but still doing it. I have a pdf that I downloaded that says it is safe to do while pregnant. It is safe for children above 5. I wouldn't trust my 5 year old not to swallow it as I have a hard time not swallowing when a bit gets to the back of my throat. Just my opinion though. 

In Christian love,
Gabriel

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 06:41:34 AM »
You guys are killing me.   :-X
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 07:19:11 AM »
Come on HB, you might as well try it!!!!
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

YoopreMama

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 08:22:42 AM »

Oh, dear HB!   :-*  Don't zip your lips!  C'mon and try it!   ;D

I think it's helping my chapped lips!  I want a mental picture of you typing and swishing with "the eye" rolling back in delight over the taste of sesame oil.   ::)

My skin is going crazy, though.  Back of thighs, stomach, etc...that right ear.  What's this doing to me?!   >:( ??? :P

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
Off to buy oil tonight!  'If it doesn't (can't) kill us it makes us stronger,' right?  I can't wait for whiter, healthier teeth and maybe it will help my shoulder impingement!  You guys are having too much fun with this so I might as well, also!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »

Oh, dear HB!   :-*  Don't zip your lips!  C'mon and try it!   ;D

I think it's helping my chapped lips!  I want a mental picture of you typing and swishing with "the eye" rolling back in delight over the taste of sesame oil.   ::)

My skin is going crazy, though.  Back of thighs, stomach, etc...that right ear.  What's this doing to me?!   >:( ??? :P
I have sesame oil.  I use it in my Korean cooking and it's not something I would want to put into my mouth straight.  I'm just gagging, thinking about it.   :-X
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »
I was just researching this a little...Anyone losing fillings doing this?  My husband has a mouth full of amalgam fillings and one site said they could basically fall out.  Also, wondered if any of you had info on a caution I read about not doing this if you had to take antibiotics before seeing the dentist.  Seems to me the bacteria is leaving your body with the pulling and when you rinse well, it's gone.  I was just diagnosed with mitro valve prolapse and would like to see my grandchildren some day!

Offline chopchop

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 10:46:02 AM »
Now I am Interested......could you tell me where you found out about the amalgam fillings falling out.  Would it be possible to do it in hopes that that will happen?   ::) I am thinking, "That would be GREAT!" and then I can get them filled properly with resin?  :o   :D

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »
I was just telling my husband about that!  I was at earthclinic.com.  I just pulled up a search for oil pulling and that was one of the sites.  It was a question and answer area.

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »
that's exactly my thought chopchop ;D that would solve alot of issues for many
of us on this forum  ;)

becky

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »
You guys are too funny!  :P  I am on my third day and last night was a whopper!  The toxins started moving and when they finally started moving whew! lets just say I hope it doesn't last very long!  Today my MAN took me to get massage to help things along.  I have been having a very stiff neck the last few days and a sore back.  Man!  Did Grace start something!  I was sweating toxins and feeling very light headed. She told my Husband that she didn't want to start on me unless he guaranteed her a minimum of 4 visits.  Massage therapy is a slow BUT SURE way to cure a lot of ills.  I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR MY MAN!  8)  He has scheduled me with Grace for the next month and I am so excited.  Don't get me wrong, it was not the most pleasant experience, BUT the results are going to be so worth it!
I was telling my Mom and she said there it is $90 for HALF AN HOUR  :o :o  We are paying that for 4 -- 1 hr. and 15 min. sessions!  God is good!  Anyway, this oil-pulling has started something............
Have a great night,
Lisa
My Intro
Visit our site!

YoopreMama

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 11:34:43 AM »
Lisa-

Glad to hear something's happening w/ you that you can attribute to this nutty stuff.   :)

My rash is spreading and I'm assuming it means my liver is getting stuff out?  ???

I'm on Sandra Cabot's liver page, http://www.liverdoctor.com/default.asp, and just put a hold on her book at the library.  I think the liver is key...likemanywaters' posts have been interesting...about the sulphur and antioxidants, especially. The Fungal-Bacteria thread's been good, too. 

Time to change my diet again!   ::)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
Now I am Interested......could you tell me where you found out about the amalgam fillings falling out.  Would it be possible to do it in hopes that that will happen?   ::) I am thinking, "That would be GREAT!" and then I can get them filled properly with resin?  :o   :D

Hey~~~~~~~~That is exactly what I was thinking.    ::)   My husband doesn't think spending all that money to have amalgam fillings removed is worth it but if they fell out I would have to do something.    ;D
Keep us posted.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
Some food for thought......... EVERYONE OF MY MERCURY/AMALGAM FILLINGS HAD DECAY UNDER IT!  This is what sold my MAN on getting all of mine changed.  The dentist wanted to fix one because it was chipped.  Well when he got it all out, there was a great big cavity under there!  At that point, Husband started asking and because of my sensitive teeth I ended up getting everything fixed.  The dentist wasn't convinced that this was the way to go, but after removing filling after filling and finding cavity after cavity he sang a different tune.  I was very happy to find out that I don't have sensitive teeth at all!
Anyway, just something to think about.
Lisa
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 01:40:04 PM »
is it saFE to do while on YYA/supermom/cod liver oil? I also have amalagam fillings in 4 teeth( to in molars;deep) so i don't mind them getting loose but i don't want to cause any adverse health issues :-\ I already have heart skipping from time to time related to stress.Wow what a goof i am ::) So i just don't want to worry needlessly if that makes sense. I also wonder what some of the detox symptoms are in others.

Becky

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »
This is supposed to be a sort of heavy metal cleanse according to the web site I mentioned earlier.  That is why the fillings come out.  My husband and I have both had cavities under every amalgam filing we have ever had replaced. 

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
This is supposed to be a sort of heavy metal cleanse according to the web site I mentioned earlier.  That is why the fillings come out.  My husband and I have both had cavities under every amalgam filing we have ever had replaced. 

My guess would be that the reason fillings sometimes come out is because the oil works it way in between the filling & tooth, (if there is ANY little space there with that much swishing it WOULD work it's way in) & breaks the bond holding it in. Just my .02 & food for thought. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline chopchop

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »
My guess would be that the reason fillings sometimes come out is because the oil works it way in between the filling & tooth, (if there is ANY little space there with that much swishing it WOULD work it's way in) & breaks the bond holding it in. Just my .02 & food for thought. Blessings ~herbalmom

If this is true, why wouldn't the resin filling come out in the same way?  This is something that I Wouldn't want to happen. KWIM?

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 04:01:39 PM »
I feel the same way as herbal mom about the oil getting between the tooth and filling, although, there could be something to the metal removing itself.  The reason the oil gets between the amalgam and not the resin is the way the resin is bonded (basically fused) to the actual tooth.  The amalgam fillings 'float' and with time there are gaps between the filling and the tooth.  I don't think it would be anything to worry about with any white fillings. 

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 03:29:55 AM »
Could we get a list of the oils to use and any specific benefits each might have? I looked on curezone, but didn't have time to sift through the 47 pages!! On the other sites I've looked on, it talks about sesame and sunflower, I think...

I have flaxseed oil, and "pure" olive oil (in other words, not all of it is cold pressed). Which, if either, would be better to use? I was hoping the flaxseed would be good, but don't want to waste it oil pulling if it's not a good one to use. So I'd love input from some of you who are knowledgable about oil pulling.... THANKS!!!

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:51 AM »
Hey!  Looky what I found!  I was just reading some more testimonies and came across this one and wanted to share with you all.
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=837424#i
I have braces and this news was wonderful to hear.  WHEN I finally get them off, I can remove the stains from my own teeth w/o going to the dentist.  WOOHOO!!
Happy reading,
Lisa
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 03:54:11 AM »
Just finished my first oil pulling...seems like I should have some taffy after all that 'pulling.'  Anyway, I don't have any funny side effects yet but I can still taste the toasted almonds even though I brushed my teeth, but good.  That was the only cold pressed oil they had besides olive oil at the grocery store that was open last night.  I found that I had to spit out some of it twice during the 20 minutes.  My mouth was producing more saliva than I could contain so I wonder how much oil was left by the time I was done.  Looking forward to curing all my ails and living to be 140 as on some of the sites I've read.  I'll keep you posted on that if this website is still here in 100 years!