Author Topic: Diapers  (Read 110322 times)

Offline Gigi

• Master
Re: Diapers
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2010, 05:41:46 AM »
Do you mean you have to change the insert, plastic snap-in liner AND the cloth exterior?

That does seem odd.

Where is it getting wet?  In the leg area or the top band?  Like, soaked?

I had trouble with everything feeling kind of damp, but not soaked.

Do you think your inserts are nice and absorbant, not needing to be stripped or anything?

Do you think that the dipe is too big?

I like petrimama's suggestion.  Maybe it'll work?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2010, 02:38:52 AM »
yes, the whole diaper.  at first i figured it was too big, cuz we were using them since he was born & he was only 6 lb.   i just thought he'd get bigger and i'd be able to just change the liner.  the outer cover is wet around the leg area and the whole diaper feels damp.  i bought the gdiapers liners, and am just washing w/ Tide.  maybe i will call the company and see what they say.  thanks!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2010, 04:18:39 AM »
I just read something on a wool diaper covers forum that might answer your question about what covers will work with the gdiaper inserts.  Here's what I read:

You can actually use the gdiaper disposable insert in any cover. When we travel, that what we do if we won't have access to a washing machine. Then we rinse the covers in the sink. We've used them with whisper wraps, duo wraps, flip diaper covers, bummis covers, wool covers, you name it. They're great when in a pinch. They also cover more area (they are wide) so they tend to keep the poo off the sides of the covers.

I know some people use prowraps with a prefold folded into the cover and no snappi or pins to hold it because the cover holds things in place pretty well.  HTH. 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »
hi all! i am using my gdiapers med/lg. inserts in my Flip covers (LOVE them!) and wondering, is there any way to remove the residue from diaper rash ointment?  it seems to be staying on my inserts.  i don't use it very often, but did when he was tiny.  it is stuck on my smalls which i'd like to sell, if i could get it off!  any ideas?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:23 AM »
Any body know of a place to get REALLY BIG cloth diaper covers?? My 2 year old is almost 50lbs and I want to go back to using cloth diapers at night but I need a cover/pants/wrap that is big enough to go over her oversized body:)

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
4myhoonie:  Have you tried scrubbing the inserts by hand, maybe with some dish washing soap?  It would be a pain, but I imagine it would work.  I don't know of anything else off hand.

Sewbusy:  I did a brief search at a site that I know sells cloth diapers for adults.  It looks like they might have some covers that would work.  Here's the site:  http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS_2/YOUTH-PRODUCTS

Also, you could make some fleece or wool covers using this lady's FREE pattern, she includes an XXL option:  http://katrinassqs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-soaker-pattern.html

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:16:24 PM by born-an-okie »

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »
will try that, i think at one point it crossed my mind..............and then went somewhere else!  ;) i'll post if it works!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »
Any body know of a place to get REALLY BIG cloth diaper covers?? My 2 year old is almost 50lbs and I want to go back to using cloth diapers at night but I need a cover/pants/wrap that is big enough to go over her oversized body:)

Looking for a cloth option for a 5 year old at night

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »
hi all! i am using my gdiapers med/lg. inserts in my Flip covers (LOVE them!) and wondering, is there any way to remove the residue from diaper rash ointment?  it seems to be staying on my inserts.  i don't use it very often, but did when he was tiny.  it is stuck on my smalls which i'd like to sell, if i could get it off!  any ideas?

The Unique Complete Stain & Odor Remover in the post linked to below is good for getting out grease (which diaper rash ointment has a grease type base to it) & any other organic matter in them as well. You would want to use say 2 cups to a bucket of water & let the diapers soak for a day or 2 mixing it around several times during that time.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,24791.msg239723.html#msg239723

Offline plnkmomma

• Learning
« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
I was wondering if any of you have use Cloth-eez® Workhorse™ Diapers http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/workhorse.htm? I know you have to use an other cover and plan to use wool! I am just looking for information on diapers to use with our next one. Thanks