Author Topic: Calcium Deposits on the head  (Read 13463 times)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
Calcium Deposits on the head
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
Ok, this is weird... I have noticed a not so cool trend going with my family. I don't know what's going on, but a lot of relatives (aunts, uncles, my father, myself) just to mention a few have these weird bumps on our heads. Mine is still really small, but I'm getting a second one already. My aunt had hers removed a few times, only to get more. I've been reading a few threads, and I came to the conclusion that these are calcium deposits... am I correct, or totally off? If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know....If these are calcium deposits, would taking cal-mag help?? Getting worried, but hoping to get some advice!! Thanks a lot!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Re: Calcium Deposits on the head
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:44:27 PM »
What symptoms make you think they are calcium deposits?  Where are they?
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »
Well, to tell you the truth, there are no symptoms! :-\ The only thing I have to go off of is the bumps. That's all there is. Some big bumps, some small bumps. We all have them on different parts of the head. It just sounded like what the other people described, so I assumed it was the same.. ???
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:57:24 AM »
Well, to tell you the truth, there are no symptoms! :-\ The only thing I have to go off of is the bumps. That's all there is. Some big bumps, some small bumps. We all have them on different parts of the head. It just sounded like what the other people described, so I assumed it was the same.. ???
Didn't the doctor tell the aunt what they were when she had them removed?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:06:51 AM »
I have had a "bump"  ;) removed from my head, but it was a cyst.  Could they be cysts?  They're described more here:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1992.0.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 05:08:44 AM by Kati*did »
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »
I'm sure the doctor did, but my aunt does not speak English...so I highly doubt she would have remembered..plus, I don't talk to her much...but I guess it would be quite smart to ask her, huh? ;)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:36:45 PM by its_me518 »

Offline Amey

• Adept
    • Amey's Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
I've just been reading about a lack of Vitamin K relative to Vitamins A and D causing calcifications of arteries and organs. Could this be related to Vitamins A, K, and D? I don't know if that's possible or not, but just adding to the "information pool".

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 05:37:18 PM »
Well based on what little knowledge I have (and I do mean little  :D) and a background working with the brain, I know that your lymph system is pretty complex.  And enlarged lymph nodes from time to time is normal. 

My DH has 2 lumps on his neck that have never grown and the doctors say they are perfectly normal lymph nodes.  I have one under my left ear.  I do know that ear is prone to infection and does not drain well. 

Are the lumps really hard, like bone, or are they more tender? 

If they are constantly enlarged, is it possible that these are water filled cysts? 

And is it possible to have your aunt's doctor send her a copy of the diagnosis?  He won't send them to you because of HIPPA laws, but it would do you all well to know exactly what it is, espcially when the doc asks, "So what runs in the family?" so you can tell him.
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »
This is going to sound pretty dumb, but I'll tell you anyway. ;) I had my dad call my aunt and ask her what the doc said. She said she has no idea what it is. She went in for an appt. The doc scheduled the "surgery". She went and had them cut out. That's it. She has no clue what they are. I think I'll have a hard time getting her to track down and record of it.

The bumps don't seem to be growing at all. They are fairly small, and unnoticable. I just thought I'd ask around and get some ideas! ???