Author Topic: My amalgam removal experience...and yours  (Read 97511 times)

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
My amalgam removal experience...and yours
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »
Well, I'm in the midst of getting my amalgams removed, (which is purely God's hand of blessing!) and was wondering about others of you who have had this done. I have one appointment left for removing the last of 11 :o silver fillings. Yes, that was 11. :'( After reading the entire amalgam thread, praying, and even repenting to God for poisoning this body, and asking for his mercy, I read 2 more books and skimmed a third. There were great testimonies of major health changes. I've felt nothing positive yet, but understand the major change happens after the last bit of mercury comes out. So, I'm looking for testimonies of anyone who has had this done.
Have you done any cleansing, before, during or after?
Did you make dietary changes?
Did you go to a mercury free dentist?
I would love to hear your experience!

As for me, I miraculously found a mercury free dentist only a half-hour away. And, he's covered by our dental insurance!!! ;D (There's only11 mercury free dentists in the state that are listed at the link in the amalgam thread).
He does not use the vitamin C IV, as is suggested in the 2 books I read. But I've been taking several grams of vit C before during and after and had no reaction. (Except for the first visit, when I stopped taking it immediately after because of the numbness. Then I had sudden dizziness and nausea that evening.) but If I take it right away, and throughout that day, things seem fine. Looking forward to this last appointment!
Hope to hear from you!!
-Visionarymom

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
Re: My amalgam removal experience...and yours
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:01:12 PM »
I am going to have it done. I am going to go to a lady that was trained by Dr. Huggins but she is very expensive. I know this works. I have done everything I can health wise and the few things I have not been able to resolve all point to my fillings. I am looking forward to seeing if there are responses here. I will try not to be to jealous that other people have been able to get them done first! LOL
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
Hi everyone!
I am the husband of boysmama and would like to share about my experience with getting my 'silver' fillings replaced.

My first fillings were put in at age 14 (I'm 32 now). Several years ago I came across some information that indicated some negative side affects with mercury and somehow I learned that they use mercury to make the material in tooth fillings. But I wasn't married yet to my 'Supermom' wife and so the information remained as nothing more than a vague feeling of doubt as to the wisdom of using these 'silver' fillings.

As time went on, especially after we were married and were attempting to find out what it means to live a healthy lifestyle, we became more and convinced that we wanted to get them replaced. We did of course want to do it right so we did more research into proper procedure. That was when we had a bad case of sticker shock! Yikes! 10 grand to do dental work? Groans!!

Nevertheless here we are 6 months later and we both had ours replaced.(we did have to borrow some of the money for the last ones :-[) I just got mine done 6 days ago and already I'm sleeping better and have more energy. I expect much more improvement yet but this is good already!

Sleep problems were a big part of my trouble also poor memory and an ever weakening immune system. For example I had never suffered from allergies until about three years ago and seemed to get worse every year. I hope to avoid that this year!

I could go on and on about this because I'm really excited about this but I must go and spend time with 'Supermom'! ;)

I certainly would highly recommend getting this done, it's definitely worth it!

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »
Just curious, how long have y'all had your fillings?  I only have 2 seals, and they are white.  I asked my dentist about amalgam fillings and he said he hasn't done one of those in over 10 years, maybe longer.  He said no one does them anymore (maybe he meant no one around here).  I'm 27.  My mom has 3-4 silver fillings that our dentist did in the 1970's.  Do dentist's still use these?
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »
Just curious, how long have y'all had your fillings?  I only have 2 seals, and they are white.  I asked my dentist about amalgam fillings and he said he hasn't done one of those in over 10 years, maybe longer.  He said no one does them anymore (maybe he meant no one around here).  I'm 27.  My mom has 3-4 silver fillings that our dentist did in the 1970's.  Do dentist's still use these?

yes!  here i have to ask specifically and make sure they use white! 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 06:44:14 AM »
Dentists still use amalgam around here...they do put in white fillings if you ask but some dentists don't even have/ do metal free white fillings. We have a friend and one of my siblings that just got amalgams put in and the dentist assured them that all the amalgam precautions are hooky  >:( . Dh's last amalgam filling was put in about 4 years ago  :P when we really should have known better. I haven't had a new one for a long time.

BTW I don't deserve even half of any of the good things my dh says about me  :D He is just really sweet!  :-*

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:42:19 AM »
Ok, I'm back. Its been about 1 1/2 weeks since the last metal was removed. The good news is that I believe I am sleeping better at night, and had not had to have naps at all during the day! (except Sunday, which is sort of a tradition here to sneak one in while the little ones nap. ;) So, progress is good so far.

I am taking the chlorella and rosehip c from beeyoutiful, which I'm sure are both helping tremendously. I've not yet started officially "cleansing", because hubby wanted me to wait till the metal was gone. And now we've got some "events" coming up, so super healthy eating will be out of the question for now. But in a few weeks, I plan on starting yeast assasin for 3 weeks, and then do a liver flush or 2, maybe more depending on how it goes. Ultimately, I may attempt the master cleanse, but timing will be critical so as to avoid any major family "holiday" things.

Anyway, it's a good start so far.

Sadly, our insurance ran out before the fillings, but praise God for supplying our needs anyway!!!

The worst part of the whole thing was that on my last visit, the last 2 fillings removed revealed a LOT of decay underneath. The dentist told me I may need a root canal or possibly lose one or both teeth! :'( Well, I'm not doing the root canal, especially after what I've read about them! :o ) But he said there was a small possibility that a crown will work, if the tooth heals enough over the next 5-6 months.  So he put in a "temporary/permanant" filling and will check it in a few more weeks. I'm praying for healing, and wondering about putting some comfrey leaf powder back there overnight. Anybody tried that or think it would help?

Ok, this got long...sorry. But thanks for the responses already received!

Visionary mom

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »
V...mom, I had one tooth that was awfully close to a root canal also, but it has done fine. Of course it could go bad at any time I suppose but- same here- root canal  no way  >:( :P Hope it works out well for you too!

I am not sure about what might help healing...I think there are several things mentioned elsewhere on WTM and I'll keep an eye out for an leads... Personally I wouldn't do comfrey in this situation :-\
Hope all goes well for you. Sure is a journey, but hey, thankfully we can undo some of the things ignorance brought us into  8)
I have posts here and there about my experience. One of these days I need to put it all together here ;D

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »
The worst part of the whole thing was that on my last visit, the last 2 fillings removed revealed a LOT of decay underneath. The dentist told me I may need a root canal or possibly lose one or both teeth! :'( Well, I'm not doing the root canal, especially after what I've read about them! :o ) But he said there was a small possibility that a crown will work, if the tooth heals enough over the next 5-6 months.  So he put in a "temporary/permanant" filling and will check it in a few more weeks. I'm praying for healing, and wondering about putting some comfrey leaf powder back there overnight. Anybody tried that or think it would help?

I have heard that Xylitol is wonderful for teath and can even possibly heal "bad" ones.  My uneducated understanding is that there are a couple of different kinds of Xylitol - corn/birch derived and fruit/vegitable derived.  I think the former is good for teeth.  I may be wrong though  ::)

Hope your tooth heals!!!

O!  DH is seriously looking into this proceedure...there is a dentist that will do it only 20 min from our home.  Is $100 - $200 a tooth sound right?

Thanks!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 06:08:56 AM »
O!  DH is seriously looking into this proceedure...there is a dentist that will do it only 20 min from our home.  Is $100 - $200 a tooth sound right?
Thanks!

[/quote]
That price mght be right if the fillings are VERY small and can be filled w/ a composite. I hope they are  ;D because if they require inlays or onlays it is about 10x that amount for ONE tooth :(
You also might want to consider what method the dentist is going to use for removing the amalgam. If he is going to drill it out and let you swallow the pieces we would say look for another dentist. At the minimum you want him to use a rubber dam to isolate each tooth as he extracts the amalgam and to drill as little as possible to minimize mercury vapors. It is best if he provides alternative air source through a mask. If your dentist doesn't think mercury is harmful he will not provide you any protection from the risks of exposure during removal. There are risks if you are not protected at all. Some notice nothing and for others the exposure proves disasterous.

Offline mamaoffour

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »
Well, I'm in the midst of getting my amalgams removed, (which is purely God's hand of blessing!) and was wondering about others of you who have had this done. I have one appointment left for removing the last of 11 :o silver fillings. Yes, that was 11. :'( After reading the entire amalgam thread, praying, and even repenting to God for poisoning this body, and asking for his mercy, I read 2 more books and skimmed a third. There were great testimonies of major health changes. I've felt nothing positive yet, but understand the major change happens after the last bit of mercury comes out. So, I'm looking for testimonies of anyone who has had this done.

As for me, I miraculously found a mercury free dentist only a half-hour away. And, he's covered by our dental insurance!!! ;D (There's only11 mercury free dentists in the state that are listed at the link in the amalgam thread).
He does not use the vitamin C IV, as is suggested in the 2 books I read. But I've been taking several grams of vit C before during and after and had no reaction. (Except for the first visit, when I stopped taking it immediately after because of the numbness. Then I had sudden dizziness and nausea that evening.) but If I take it right away, and throughout that day, things seem fine. Looking forward to this last appointment!
Hope to hear from you!!
-Visionarymom

Visionarymom:  Did you say your insurance actually covered the removal?  Did you have to get a special recommendation from a doctor on your health?  I haven't checked into to this yet with my insurance.  My husband thinks that if we convince the insurance company that my amalgams are causing me more harm than good, then maybe they will cover some of the costs.  I have 14 in my mouth right now!!  I have only had them for about 3 years now, but ever since I got them I have been plagued with: Chronic fatigue syndrome, yeast overgrowth, fungal infections on my skin, headaches, tooth problems(a couple of my teeth are starting to decay I think) depression, axiety, brain fog, memory, and more problems I just can't remember right now.  I'm only 28 and already feel this way.  I know it will cost us a fortune to do this, but we are willing to get these out anyway.  Oh yeah, I got these fillings put in when I was 4 months pregnant with my first child.  I had no idea how dangerous these fillings could be to me or my unborn child.  I can't believe the dentist did this procedure while I was pregnant.  FYI my son has Sensory Integration Disorder and other neurological problems now.  I know deep down in my heart that this procedure made him like this.  It's amazing that he isn't Full "blown" autistic now because of this.  I so mad about my fillings!!  Dentists should warn pregnant women who have no idea on the effects of Mercury to their unborn children at least.  I remember on the day I got them done I swallowed lots of pieces of metal!!  Now I know what I swallowed was all kinds of metals, and they all went straight to my unborn child.  Sorry this is a little off topic.  Just waned to talk to someone who has removed their amalgams.  I pray every night that God will provide us a way to get these fillings out of my mouth.  I  just want to be the best mom I can be, right now, my health is suffering and I'm having a lot of problems with side effects from my amalgams.  Please pray for me and my family.  I know God answers prayers.

Misty
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it(Prov. 22:6).

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »

Hope to hear from you!!
-Visionarymom

Visionarymom:  Did you say your insurance actually covered the removal?  Did you have to get a special recommendation from a doctor on your health?  I haven't checked into to this yet with my insurance.  My husband thinks that if we convince the insurance company that my amalgams are causing me more harm than good, then maybe they will cover some of the costs.

Check with the insurance. The lady that is going to do mine (when I save some money) will be partially covered by insurance also. The office I have spoken to said that I have to pay them cash up front and then they will help me fill out insurance papers so I get part of it back.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
When my husband had his mercury fillings replaced he had them done as his cavities got bigger (before tea tree oil).  Our dentist only charged us $30 extra to remove the old filling and replace with the new ones.  He put a rubber dam around each tooth and sucked up the fillings as he drilled them out.  My husband had about 8 or 10 teeth done last year and we spent about $4500 total (that includes a few crowns at $1000 a pop).  It might be much more expensive to just have them removed when there is no other existing work getting done on the tooth.  We just did them as work popped up. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 05:36:53 AM »
I'm so glad to have found this topic and am curious still about how the results are of those who've had it done now that they are a couple months out.  As for me, I have been plagued by health issues the better part of my life.  I have evaluated my health history for quite some time and it occured to me that after I had my first major health issue at 15 (type 1 diabetes), that it was after I had several metal crowns put on my teeth and a couple of traumatic fillings placed.   I went on to develop low thyroid, menstrual problems, gallbladder removal(no stones, just "infected").  Low white blood cell, major systemic yeast issues, and finally chronic fatigue syndrome.   I have been to countless doctors who all just shrug basically.  I did find a medical doctor who practices wholism and he has been a God send.  He believes our bodies really tell us what is wrong and there are medical ways to confirm if you know where and how to look.  He also tested me for mycoplasma and it was highly positive but the treatment is anitbiotics long term and I know my body could not handle that, so I'm trying silver colloid when I get enough funds together.  I also thought having my mercury removed might give my immune system a boost so I had them removed February 27th.  I'm feeling pretty rough.  I'm doing the vitC,  bentonite clay and fiber and other detox nutrients but I'm still in a lot of pain.  The dentists said I did have some bacteria leakage under both of my bottom fillings so he had to drill those out further.  But in the mean time still having a lot of my same issues and I think it's because the mercury leaked into other areas of my body. If things start to improve I'll update.

Offline mamaoffour

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 06:21:10 AM »
I'm so glad to have found this topic and am curious still about how the results are of those who've had it done now that they are a couple months out.  As for me, I have been plagued by health issues the better part of my life.  I have evaluated my health history for quite some time and it occured to me that after I had my first major health issue at 15 (type 1 diabetes), that it was after I had several metal crowns put on my teeth and a couple of traumatic fillings placed.   I went on to develop low thyroid, menstrual problems, gallbladder removal(no stones, just "infected").  Low white blood cell, major systemic yeast issues, and finally chronic fatigue syndrome.   I have been to countless doctors who all just shrug basically.  I did find a medical doctor who practices wholism and he has been a God send.  He believes our bodies really tell us what is wrong and there are medical ways to confirm if you know where and how to look.  He also tested me for mycoplasma and it was highly positive but the treatment is anitbiotics long term and I know my body could not handle that, so I'm trying silver colloid when I get enough funds together.  I also thought having my mercury removed might give my immune system a boost so I had them removed February 27th.  I'm feeling pretty rough.  I'm doing the vitC,  bentonite clay and fiber and other detox nutrients but I'm still in a lot of pain.  The dentists said I did have some bacteria leakage under both of my bottom fillings so he had to drill those out further.  But in the mean time still having a lot of my same issues and I think it's because the mercury leaked into other areas of my body. If things start to improve I'll update.
hodgy:  I'm glad to hear that you are getting these out!!  Sorry to hear that your not doing well right now.  Hopefully, you will detox the Mercury out of your system and feel better.  Please let us know how you are doing.  We are all praying for you.  I have a appointment today with a Mercury Free dentist about possible getting my amalgams out.  Really just an estimate and exam on how bad my mouth is.  I know it's going to be pretty yucky under my fillings, since I have been in a lot of pain from my fillings.  Good luck to anyone getting these out.
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it(Prov. 22:6).

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence and prayers.  I found a great web page full of detox information and others stories of their struggles. It is www.cfspages.com, the info was under "Is it chronic fatigue of chronic mercury poisoning?" Very interesing information.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:48:04 AM by healthybratt »

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 03:40:36 AM »
It's been almost 1 week since removal and I actually have a normal temperature of 98.6 for the first time in seven years!  I keep taking it over and over just to make sure it's for real.

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 07:03:48 AM »

Visionarymom:  Did you say your insurance actually covered the removal?  Did you have to get a special recommendation from a doctor on your health?  I haven't checked into to this yet with my insurance.  My husband thinks that if we convince the insurance company that my amalgams are causing me more harm than good, then maybe they will cover some of the costs.  I have 14 in my mouth right now!!  I have only had them for about 3 years now, but ever since I got them I have been plagued with: Chronic fatigue syndrome, yeast overgrowth, fungal infections on my skin, headaches, tooth problems(a couple of my teeth are starting to decay I think) depression, axiety, brain fog, memory, and more problems I just can't remember right now.  I'm only 28 and already feel this way.  I know it will cost us a fortune to do this, but we are willing to get these out anyway.  Oh yeah, I got these fillings put in when I was 4 months pregnant with my first child.  I had no idea how dangerous these fillings could be to me or my unborn child.  I can't believe the dentist did this procedure while I was pregnant.  FYI my son has Sensory Integration Disorder and other neurological problems now.  I know deep down in my heart that this procedure made him like this.  It's amazing that he isn't Full "blown" autistic now because of this.  I so mad about my fillings!!  Dentists should warn pregnant women who have no idea on the effects of Mercury to their unborn children at least.  I remember on the day I got them done I swallowed lots of pieces of metal!!  Now I know what I swallowed was all kinds of metals, and they all went straight to my unborn child.  Sorry this is a little off topic.  Just waned to talk to someone who has removed their amalgams.  I pray every night that God will provide us a way to get these fillings out of my mouth.  I  just want to be the best mom I can be, right now, my health is suffering and I'm having a lot of problems with side effects from my amalgams.  Please pray for me and my family.  I know God answers prayers.

Misty
[/quote]

Hey Misty, SOOOO sorry for not answering sooner!! I haven't been on for a few months! Anyway, YES, my insurance, which is Delta Dental (premier, I think) paid for most of the removal. Essentially, the dentist charges a certian amount for the composite fillings, and the insurance pays 100% UP TO the cost of an amalgam filling. Anything above that, you pay. I had 11 fillings, and paid about $40 per filling. That cost completely depends on the individual dentist, because they decide their fees. However, if you have any large fillings, you may require an onlay, of which, my insurance pays 80%. So my cost for each onlay was about $200, give or take some.

I don't know if bugging your insurance company is the way to go, but possibly. You would have to gather research about the dangers of getting amalgam during pregnancy as well as give evidence of your child's health problems. They may tell you to sue your dentist for negligence or something like that. I don't really know.

All I did was locate a mercury free dentist, tell him I wanted them all out, and he submitted the claims to the insurance company. I never dealt with Delta one time. However, all my fillings were between 5 and 25 years old. If your fillings show no signs of deterioration, the dentist may not be able to get the insurance to pay. Again, I don't know. But I hope You will be able to get the work done!

Visionary Mom

Offline BetsyBoo

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 07:05:43 AM »
)I  will keep you posted on how my heath changes. I hopefully will start getting the old fillings taken out next month. This maybe helpful to those who don't feel well either.
I wish a had an answer for my headaches. The are robbing me from so much.
I just found Rebekah's site on fillings. I printed it off and glean from it as well.

Thank you for this website. It has help me so much. May God bless you richly for all your time.
                                                       Good Health to all
                                                                   Betsyboo

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
It's me again. My amalgam "cleansing" has come to an abrupt halt, because 3 weeks after the removal was complete, I got pregnant!!! I still take some chlorella and 1 vit C each day, but am persuing  no other cleansing. I was all set to begin the full gammit, including gall bladder/liver cleanse, and the master cleanse, but was one day late for my period. Decided to get a preg test instead, and it was positive!

After contacting my naturopath, she told me chlorella would only strengthen the pregnancy, and enemas/colonics were good till the 3rd trimester.

We were trying to NOT get pregnant for 6 months following amalgam removal, but apparently my charting skills have deteriorated! ;)

Seriously though, I was concerned at first, knowing all the potential problems, and just had to give it to the Lord. Thankfully, I did complete a menstrual cycle before getting pregnant, which is supposed to be a big dump of mercury from the system. God put this baby there at this time, so it's in His hands.

My question now is if there is more than one!!! Mercury amalgam removal increases fertility quite a bit (I've read). So far I'm at 8 weeks and have already gained 6 lbs! (In the past it's been only about 3-4 lbs in 12 weeks!!!) My morning sickness started even before I confirmed the pregnancy! And the preg test, which was in the middle of the day my period was supposed to come showed up very bright and very fast!

Ok, this is completely off topic now. Sorry, just wanted to let everyone know why I'd not been updating on the process!

Hope removal goes well for everyone else.
Visionary Mom

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »
When I went to have mine out, the dentist said that people had silver fillings removed quite often for looks(not health) and that he has never had an insurance company deny coverage.  I have Humana Dental and it cost me $450 to have three removed and replaced.  It has been worth it.  I too have many of the issues mentioned above and they are improved(not gone) since having the removal.  Still struggling with brain fog and fatigue, even though that has gotten better.  I have major yeast issues but I have actually gone 3 days w/o nystatin,diflucan or garlic and the yeast is tolerable.  I used to take probiotics by the handsful and could tell they just hitched a ride, but now they are really working.  Oh! and my sense of smell!!!  I didn't realize I didn't have one before, but now everybody and everything has a smell (who knew?).  I hope mamaoffour can have this done soon.  I do think this was a MAJOR link in my lack of health.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »
Okay everyone. We finally have the money almost saved **we have to pay upfront and then our insurance reimburses us afterwards for part** and my appointment is on the 17th. If anyone could say a big (or even a little) prayer for me I would appreciate it. I have had some decay under a few fillings for the last year but wouldn't let the local dentist take out the old filling and replace it because he grinds them out. FYI That is really BAD to grind them out. BAD BAD BAD! So, I opted to wait and I just hope that it hasn't decayed much more under there.

So, I go the 17th and then in 2 or 3 weeks I go and get them all removed!!! Yippee!

If anyone is curious. The lady I am going to is named Dr. Blanche Grube and trained under Dr. Huggins who wrote the book Uninformed Consent. If anyone wants the number it is (570)343-1551. She is located in Pennsylvania. Or you can go to www.DrBlancheGrube.com to learn more. On that website there are more links that you can click on to read about amalog fillings and toxicity. I put this information here because I know how confusing it is to start trying to find a doctor **at least if you are wanting to get it done right!**
Visit my-

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 02:26:04 AM »
I do pray that your experience brings you renewed health.  I am glad I had it done, my "inner doctor" tells me this is a heavy burden removed.  Yet, I too had leakage and irritation under my amalgams for at least 6mo-1yr prior to removal and this has proved to cause more challenges. :(  I have started to see a new MD who told me he has a dentist who uses ozone to remove the bacteria down below the filling in the tubules and nerves.  Ever heard of this?  I have 1 filling that I had the filling repeated in due to continued discomfort but it is STILL bothering me.  I've tried all the natural suggestions for fighting infection, plus I relented and took a Z-pack and it did help with the pain and irritaion for a little while.  The MD said that naturally an antibiotic would have that effect, because they suppress all immune response good or bad. (He also added that is NOT good, try not to take any more!)  Anyway, I'm going to make an appointment with the ozone dentist if this doesn't go away.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »
Well, my appointment was delayed and rescheduled and I finally got in for my first appointment on Monday. Here is what they did-

I have about 7 or 8 fillings. Before my first appointment I got complete bloodwork done and got my hair tested for heavy metals.

At the appointment one of the things they did was a mercury Vapor Analyzer test using a Jerome Mercury Vapor Analyzer just like the EPA would use if they were evaluating an area for safety after a mercury exposure. My mouth was way more toxic than the standard for an area and if I was an area they would shut me up and call me toxic. Then I chewed gum and it was even worse. None of my filling are new and yet they all let off a LOT of mercury vapor when I chew or drink.

They also tested my electrical charge of my teeth that have metal in them. I guess it is like a battery. When you put metal in an acidy solution it creates a battery. A car battery uses lead, my mouth uses mercury, copper, and whatever else is in there. We figured it out and four of my mouths could operate a flashlight. I should have enough current to power an LED though! LOL

Part of that explained why the ringing in my ears gets so high pitched when I lay on my Nikken magnetic mattress pad. I guess some people can even pick up radio waves and hear music because of fillings in the mouth.

This was the best dental experience ever. They didn' t just go over my teeth. They went over my whole body health. She went over my blood/hair results. I guess a lot of it was good but then some of it was not which I already knew. We have been able to figure out that my toxins are seeping through and affecting my thyroid. That is why my lymph nodes beside it swell sometimes. It is also why my heart skips around sometimes. It isn't making enough hormones to pump my heart all the time. I also have some infections in my stomach and bladder and through my digestive system that should fix once my fillings are removed.

The only thing we didn't figure out yet is why my platelets are so low. They have been low for years and she could tell me that without me ever bringing it up. I am losing blood somewhere but we don't know where yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it fixes once my fillings are gone too.

It is such a breath of fresh air to get help from a doctor who cares, knows about health and addresses the problems instead of the symptoms.

I know this post is long but I shared all this to make something clear. The expense of getting teeth fixed right is outrageous but is worth it. I know that every penny is worth it. If you are struggling with wether or not to spend the money I would tell you to do it. It may be the fix your body is looking for.

The only bad thing is now I have to stop nursing. :'( Once the fillings come out my body will start dumping toxins. Unfortunately it goes straight into the milk. Boohoo He is 1 1/2 but still nurses all the time. My next appointment is on the 21st so I need to stop by then. I guess that this whole time he has been getting some in the milk and while in utero through the placenta. The first child gets the most mercury and then less for each child thereafter (unless you are getting more new mercury fillings put in). It can affect the baby. The scary part is I will be more fertile in the long run. ((I already have 5 children in about 10 years!!!))
Visit my-

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:03 PM »

Interesting experience.  I know I noticed a big difference when we removed my mercury fillings, and so did my husband.  But for those platelets......  have you ever been tested for ITP?  Aplastic anemia?  Either or both of those?  Would you mind sharing how low they are?  Having just been through this with my MIL, it makes me wonder. 

Hope your removal goes well!

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 02:07:50 AM »

Interesting experience.  I know I noticed a big difference when we removed my mercury fillings, and so did my husband.  But for those platelets......  have you ever been tested for ITP?  Aplastic anemia?  Either or both of those?  Would you mind sharing how low they are?  Having just been through this with my MIL, it makes me wonder. 

Hope your removal goes well!

patti
What is ITP and Aplastic anemia? I know that my iron is really good so it shouldn't have anything to do with anemia. I don't know what the number for my platelets are but I know that they are all immature. My body is sending them out immature because it going through them so fast. She said that because of what she saw she could determine that this has been going on for years. She is right because I remember even with my first pregnancy (10+ years ago) the doctor said my platelets were low. I have my bloodwork paperwork but I can't tell which one is my platelet number. It is confusing to figure out the bloodwork.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:24:14 PM by The Spaminator »
Visit my-

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »
My dh would like to have his mercury fillings removed.  What are some questions that should be asked when interviewing a dentist?  If you have a recommendation for a dentist in the northeast Texas region, please pm their name to me.
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:46:39 AM »
I had my fillings removed WEEKS ago. Here is what has happened since then-
  • Within 24 hours my temp had gone from 97.1 to 97.9. It is now up to 98.3 and I am sure soon it will be better. The mercury had thrown off my thyroid and my temp will be going up as I fix my thyroid.
  • I used to get a feeling of uncontrolled temper... I couldn't ever figure out why I couldn't get victory over it. Now that is fixed.
  • Sometimes I would get acne on my chin- now I don't!
  • I used to dream so vivid and WILD that I didn't always get a good nights sleep. I thought (and the chiropractor) that I must have major issues. The very same day I went to bed after getting my fillings removed that changed. I now sleep through the night. I don't remember my dreams very often, they are not waking me up, they are peaceful and not so vivid. Before I didn't know if I was asleep or awake and now I know!!!!
  • I would get so nervous (not that often) that I would shake.
  • I had heart palpitations quite often! Since my filling removal I only have had that happen once or twice and not very bad.
There are probably other symptoms I am forgetting and as I remember I will probably come back and fix them.
Visit my-

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »
As a courtesy to the member who started this thread, please attempt to stay on topic as much as possible.

If the conversation triggers a new subject of interest, please search the forum for a more appropriate thread for the discussion. 

Mercury Amalgam Fillings:  Questions & Answers

When one cannot be found, start a new one.

Thanks.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 02:36:02 AM »
We changed insurance recently and I was able to get all of my mercury fillings removed. I spaced it over 3 visits: upper right quadrant (2 fillings), upper (3) and lower left (2) quadrants, and lower right (2) quadrant.
Doing one side all at once was pretty tough, I really don't ever want to do that again, but I was trying to save on gas, it is an hour drive to the dentist. My face has been pretty sore. He even used my teeth as an example for a paper he was writing.  :o He took pictures of before and after.
The dentist I used had a vent placed right by my face that pulled the gasses away from us, he used a dam to suck the mercury away as soon as he removed it. I did not have any mercury to swallow (YIPPEE!). They rinsed and suctioned everything out very well. I was super impressed with this Christian man, and he didn't charge that much, about $100-150 per tooth, depending on size of filling. Insurance will not cover it all, so we will pay alot of the cost, but it is well worth it for me.
I didn't have serious crippling problems, but I did have nagging overall health problems. Since having them removed, my temperature has leveled out at about 98.6, mine used to be normal at 96- I was having hypothyroid symptoms, my cycle is normalizing, I sleep SO good at night now, with dreams, I don't know how long it has been since I slept like this, I didn't realize how bad it was. Also, I have severe allergies, I am hoping the removal helps them somewhat, I have no metal taste in my mouth now, and I have an overall good healthy feeling. PRICELESS!
During the weeks he was removing them, I was taking high doses of vit C to keep the mercury from being absorbed in my body. After he took the mercury out, I would take activated charcoal in water to flush my body.
This is my experience, I hope it was worth reading.