Author Topic: Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD): Causes & Cures?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD): Causes & Cures?
« on: June 21, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
Anyone on here been diagnosed with RSD? My mother-in-law has it and has been being doing better since her surgery but still suffers from certain things that just make her miserable. Tonight she was really down because she sweats so much for no reason and then she has to take potassium pills to replace what she is losing in the sweat and it doesn't leave her feeling too well. I just thought I'd throw this one out there (hopefully it doesn't flop like my Fiddle Faddle thread :D-thanks anyways HB! :D ) If anyone has experience with this and could pass on something that helped them that doesn't require taking MORE drugs that would be great. Thanks! The DR. suggested Botox injections on her face to keep her from sweating but she wasnt' so sure about that but she IS desperate ( she is also on low dose high blood pressure medication for it but it's not working)! She's miserable and embarrased  :( and she's a new mommy of a little 15 mo old that was literally dropped in her lap so she wants to be able to function for her and her grandkids! BTW she told me to ask on here! Thanks again!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD): Causes & Cures?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:04:23 AM »
I believe RSD is an autoimmune disorder.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  CLICK HERE for an article about relieving and reversing these types of disorders.

These types of disorders are also linked to LGS.  CLICK HERE for that information.

Basically what all of this means is that diet(or lack of) is the major contributor of most of the disease that are prevalent today.  When we take medications we kill off necessary components of our whole body process and then other components begin to overpopulate (candida and overactive immune cells).  These domino into many other problems (autoimmune, food intolerances, bowel disorders, etc.).

To reverse these conditions and heal our bodies, we need to eliminate refined sugars and grains.  We need to balance intake of omega 3 and 6's, which means eliminating hydrogenated processed oils and eating only the fresh whole fats that nature (God) has provided.  Supplementation is available in the form of cod liver oil and other fish oils and omega 3's are also found in flax seed.  Then add in the good veggies and fruits to gain vitamins and antioxidents to fight off disease and free radicals which cause inflammation and cancer.  If you're not eating enough of these, supplementation of a GOOD multivitamin might be in order, but so many of these are wasted as they are not broken down in the body and absorbed properly.  Treating for candida sometimes can really speed up this process and in many cases might be crucial.  Supplementation of probiotics is a very good addition to the diet either through fermented foods or pill form.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
Re: Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD): Causes & Cures?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:23:07 AM »
  I  have been trying to help her with her diet with little hints here and there-mainly for the lil one but hinting to her ("no she doesn't need lotsa fruit juice for vitamins-she needs FRUITS"). She has a HORRIBLE diet! But this RSD was brought on by a car accident which is how alot of people develop it. She damaged her nerve. I'm going to keep lovingly teaching her-she's very receptive when it comes to the health of the baby. I just that if anyone else out there suffered from it benefited from acupuncture or something specifically for the excess sweating-caused by the nerve responses.