Author Topic: What can I buy at Walmart?  (Read 18478 times)

Offline ALittleMore

• Adept
Re: What can I buy at Walmart?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »
In answer to things you can get from WalMart, you can also buy olive oil and make your own massage oils. Extra Virgin is the most healthy, but if you don't want the olive oil smell, you can buy a lighter grade. When I say "make your own" though, I mean, you can just add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil and you're ready to go. So it shouldn't be overwhelming, and it isn't expensive or time consuming. ;)

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
Healthybratt, I couldn't find any aluminum-free baking powder. What was the brand of yours? Maybe I can ask them to get it. Plus a lot of those other things! Boy, we just have plain old RC Cola and a Moon Pie type of stuff at our Wal Mart. I think we live in one of the "unhealthiest" states, though, so that may be why.

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 04:40:09 PM »
The brand of baking powder is Rumford, and the can is TINY, so it might be hard to spot on the shelf.  It is a red can.

Good luck finding it!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:05:17 AM by joyfullyhis »
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 05:31:02 PM »
The brand of baking soda is Rumford, and the can is TINY, so it might be hard to spot on the shelf.  It is a red can.

Good luck finding it!

Okay...it's baking powder, right?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »
Healthybratt, I couldn't find any aluminum-free baking powder. What was the brand of yours? Maybe I can ask them to get it. Plus a lot of those other things! Boy, we just have plain old RC Cola and a Moon Pie type of stuff at our Wal Mart. I think we live in one of the "unhealthiest" states, though, so that may be why.

RUMFORD - it comes in a red can.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline tkmuskrat

• Learning
    • www.xanga.com/tkmuskrat
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but I have noticed that more "organic" and healthy foods vary walmart to walmart. Here in my part of Oklahoma, you can find more of the "good" stuff in the more, ahem, "affluent" part of town, I guess because the neighboring community can afford the higher prices of some of the stuff :)
Kristie M.

wife to Al, SAHM of 5