Author Topic: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction  (Read 172415 times)

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
Re: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 08:07:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to begin taking this while working. Can't help but wonder if I'll start feeling yucky at work and have to leave.  :-\ I may begin on Friday afternoon, with my evening meal and since there is no school on Monday, that would give me 4 executive days to be home. Does it matter which meal you take it with, or in the middle of rather?

About the after taste, I haven't tasted of course sicne I've not yet taken it, but it smells just like Ginger Ale to me!  :D
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 09:08:31 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement ;D I started with 2YA and 1 TTU this morning at 8:15 right after breakfast. How soon will I feel detox symptoms? Should i be taking 2 TTU morning and night? I also have Supermom, but I haven't started that as I have 4 mercury fillings and i thought I would wait until the YA/TTU detox symptoms had subsided. Not sure if that is the way to do it ::) We have already gone 8 days without yeast/sugar so maybe detox won't be as bad  ;) ;)

Thanks ,
           Becky

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement ;D I started with 2YA and 1 TTU this morning at 8:15 right after breakfast. How soon will I feel detox symptoms? Should i be taking 2 TTU morning and night? I also have Supermom, but I haven't started that as I have 4 mercury fillings and i thought I would wait until the YA/TTU detox symptoms had subsided. Not sure if that is the way to do it ::) We have already gone 8 days without yeast/sugar so maybe detox won't be as bad  ;) ;)

Thanks ,
           Becky
If you've not had any die-off after eating a no-sugar diet for 8 days, I suspect, you'll have little to no reactions on the YA and TT.  If you do, they'll probably be in the form of mild itching, nausea, headaches or lethargy.

Be sure and let us know how it turns out.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 09:21:29 AM »

Man are you fast ;D That's good news thanks for sharing. I will keep you up dated. Quick question, when should i start adding in homemade,fresh ground wheat bread and honey/maple syrup? Also would you recommend that i just start Supermom now ??? The mercury issue is the only reason I've waited on the Supermom.Thanks for all you do HB ;D Oh yeah this is all 6 of us doing this and hubby has had no reaction, so he wants to know when we can have brown rice?

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »

Bump

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »

Man are you fast ;D That's good news thanks for sharing. I will keep you up dated. Quick question, when should i start adding in homemade,fresh ground wheat bread and honey/maple syrup? Also would you recommend that i just start Supermom now ??? The mercury issue is the only reason I've waited on the Supermom.Thanks for all you do HB ;D Oh yeah this is all 6 of us doing this and hubby has had no reaction, so he wants to know when we can have brown rice?
I would say 2-3 weeks would be a good time to allow back a few sugars so long as their healthy, like the whole grain bread and rice.  The honey, I would pay attention to symptoms and keep it at a minimum.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
I am posting for support, mainly and reassurance. My first dose (2 v-caps) of YA was taken last night before bed time. I prayed over them first  :D It didn't seem to phase me as I worked today and I didn't even taste the oregano oil. I took my next dose this evening after supper and in about an hour... my face felt hot and flushed and I am extremely sensitve to light (everything seems MUCH brighter than usual and is so bright and I having to squint a lot). My head feels the side of about 20 heads and there is pressure inside and fullness and dizziness (really bad when getting up) and a dull headace. My stomach isn't really upset though. Strange. I plan to take my next dose in the morning and again tomorrow evening at supper time. I am taking TT6 with each dose. Can someone tell me my feeling are normal? Please?  :(
Also, I have been bad and have not planned my diet well before starting the YA. Of all things, my mom had us for dinner tonight and guess what she had? I'm so ashamed to say hotdogs! :-[ (chicken, not pork, but hotdogs nevertheless) on WHITE buns with fries.  :o Could that have affected my symptoms more? Yesterday, I ate more healthy. I did have whole grains only-no white stuff. Will eating less refined sugar/starches make the die-off less severe? I've got a whole bag of lemons. What are they good for? I have a scary feeling that this is only the beginning. How long does the die-off last again? Please pray for me and... any encouragement is welcome. ;)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »
Hi there... sorry you've got the headache  :( I know what it feels like :'(  You're normal. ;) I guess there is a chance you are allergic to something in there. I don't think so but you could keep it in mind...The longest die-off headache I had was 5 days straight not solid pain, but never totally gone either, but that was the absolute  worst...I'd say your worst case senario would be two or three days...depends on how yeasty you are and how much care you take the next couple days. I was VERY careful w/ what I ate, only low-glycemic veggies and proteins like meat and eggs. Steam/fry your veggies in coconut oil if you can. Drink lots and lots of water- a gallon or more. Rest as much as possible- your body has lots to do right now and rest/sleep will give it a chance to do its thing. Epsom salt baths are wonderful, often times my headache would almost fade after a bath. Just get out if you start feeling even worse... and you can skin brush to help keep your lymph flowing... having regular BM's will probably help you feel better... If your having trouble there I'd do something to get it moving ;) You might want to back off on the yeast assassin and take extra TT. Oh and the lemons should help a little add some fresh juice to the water you drink. I'd say 1 lemon for each quart of water for one day and maybe 2 per quart the next... You get through this  ;) and if you are like me you'll feel better once it is over. :) :D ;D YEAH for maiden!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »
boysmama,
Thank you for your kind encouragement! Today has been some better. I didn't sleep a lot, but have done a lot of low key things like baking bread for church tomorrow-which was a bit foolish as I ended up eating more than I should have. Anyway, I have tried to have more protien and less carbs today. I did an organic egg veggie omelet for brunch, cooked in palm oil and an avacado for mid afternoon snack and bites of bread here and there.  :-[  For dinner, I am preparing a romaine and spinach sald w/ a homemade ACV vinegarette. My plans are to try and minimize the carbs and increase the protiens for a week. Do you think by that time I can begin adding more healthy carbs back in? Or should I stay low carb throughout the entire bottle of YA?  :o I do have a concern about the extra fat in the protiens and in the...fats and how that may cause weight gain? But of course they are "good" fats, like coconut and palm oil, virgin olive oil, avacados and olives, etc. Hopefully all will even out. I also think that some of my symptoms last night may have been acredited to the sinusitis I'm fighting. Again, thank you for your kindess! :) Prayers are always appreciated.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 05:29:14 PM »
I'd stay lowcarb for AT LEAST two weeks- and no bread either ;) NO-NO ;D ;D I assume the YA is for yeast and not parasites... Check out the thread on treating yeast and you'll get a full answer on whether you should stay low carb and why.

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »
yes, I am taking it because I have many of the Candida Yeast symptoms. I also have cats and I've heard that if you have pets, you most likely have parasites.  :o So... I guess I'm taking it for both.

Offline Mrs. JDT

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 06:59:12 PM »
Hi all. I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I searched, but couldn't find anything that mentioned the specific thing we are dealing with. If this is in the wrong spot as well, I also apologize. Here goes:
My husband has very bad seasonal allergies and we thought it might have to do with candida. So we ordered the Beeyoutiful Yeast pack and some Bee Immune and Bee Strong for him. He has been on a low carb, yeast free diet for about 2 weeks as well as taking all the  supplements I mentioned. His allergy syptoms are better (no stuffy nose, no clogged ears or dry mouth and eyes...) but he is having extreme fatigue and aching in all his muscles. At first I thougt it was die off, but it has only been getting worse the longer he is on the diet and takes the supplements. He should be over the die off stage, right? He says he feels like he just lifted weights and his muscles are BURNT out. He is having a hard time at work (he's in construction) because his muscles just ache and are tired, all over. Could he be having side effects from the supplements? Some one suggested taking potassium. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2007, 07:14:47 PM »
It sounds like it could be detox to me - I always feel like I've been run over a truck when I'm detoxing.....

Offline Mrs. JDT

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »
Die off, huh? I thought it was supposed to go away after a few days....he has been doing this for a little over 2 weeks, but maybe he's just super "yeasty".... :) when will the muscle aches go away if it is die off?

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
Die off, huh? I thought it was supposed to go away after a few days....he has been doing this for a little over 2 weeks, but maybe he's just super "yeasty".... :) when will the muscle aches go away if it is die off?
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,425.msg1202.html#msg1202
Quote from post- "... Die-off reactions may last from a few days to a few weeks but usually clear up in less than a week. ..."

Offline Mrs. JDT

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2007, 09:09:31 PM »
Sorry, I didn't look at that thread before posting. We'll try some of the suggestions. THanks to everyone, sorry for being redundant.  :)

Offline Linguist77

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »
I've found supplementation of the amino acid L-glutamine to be very helpful for me while yeast cleansing. It protects muscles and can also hel repair your intestinal lining. Here's a quote from a great article on candidiasis:

"One particularly useful nutrient is the free-form amino acid glutamine. Glutamine is very pivotal in maintaining proper muscle mass, brain function, intestinal integrity, and stable blood sugar levels. It is often prescribed to recovering alcoholics by natural therapists to control alcohol cravings. 1-3 grams before each meal is suggested. Glutamine is excellent for helping to heal leaky gut syndrome, a very common symptom of intestinal candidiasis. Also, since weight loss is usual with severe candida infestations, this amino acid helps protect against muscle loss. Glutamine is also very stimulating to the immune system. Do everything you can, then, to acquire it and be diligent about taking it."

http://www.biblelife.org/candida.htm

Hope that helps!

Laura in Poland
Laura in Arizona

www.theylivedintents.com

M, age 4: "I'm a good tornado that looks like a frog!"

YoopreMama

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »
Hello, Ladies!   ;D

There is another thread on general detox symptoms that may be helpful:

Detox: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 11:03:34 PM »
I think I have read through most of the posts on yeast die-off and I still have a question.
I have been sugar, flour, potato, rice, pasta, milk, honey, bread...starch-free for 11 weeks.  I have been following an Atkins sort of diet.
I haven't had a yeast infection for over a year and now, suddenly, when I am eating a "safe" diet and have for 11 weeks, I have a raging yeast infection.  It started this morning and I was totally inflamed by early evening.  I have never had one progress so rapidly!
I only suppliment with Potasium.
I am at loss. 
Could this be from some sort of die-off, even after 11 weeks?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 05:39:20 AM »
I think I have read through most of the posts on yeast die-off and I still have a question.
I have been sugar, flour, potato, rice, pasta, milk, honey, bread...starch-free for 11 weeks.  I have been following an Atkins sort of diet.
I haven't had a yeast infection for over a year and now, suddenly, when I am eating a "safe" diet and have for 11 weeks, I have a raging yeast infection.  It started this morning and I was totally inflamed by early evening.  I have never had one progress so rapidly!
I am at loss. 
Are you taking any type of probiotic supplements?  Killing yeast isn't enough.  You have to replenish the gut with other organisms to keep the yeast from coming back.

Also, are you taking any progesterone?  or some other food that might convert to sugar by candida?  This may have caused your most recent outbreak?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Bek

• Learning
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2007, 02:28:19 AM »
My DH and I started taking YA and the original TT two days ago and so far we have not had any die-off symptoms. We're staying away from all sugar and watching our carb intake very carefully. Are we not patient enough for the die-off or is this a sign that we actually are we not victims of candida overgrowth? We both are currently taking 2 YA and 2 original TT at breakfast and supper. Any thoughts?

Nickole

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 02:32:24 AM »
My DH and I started taking YA and the original TT two days ago and so far we have not had any die-off symptoms. We're staying away from all sugar and watching our carb intake very carefully. Are we not patient enough for the die-off or is this a sign that we actually are we not victims of candida overgrowth? We both are currently taking 2 YA and 2 original TT at breakfast and supper. Any thoughts?

Me too - two days, and nothing.  Maybe a dry mouth though, but I get that sometimes when I drink hot tea all day and forget to drink water.  I would like to know the answer to this too.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2007, 03:52:50 AM »
Not everyone will experience die-off.  If you don't notice any worsening of symptoms, that's not necessarily a sign that you don't have any candida and it's not necessarily a sign that you're not healing either.  It really depends on how bad you have it and how well your body is able to process the toxins as the candida die off.  You need to really decide based on the reasons you chose to treat--symptoms and/or possible causes and just be prepared in case die-off symptoms do appear. 

My favorite herb book!!

Offline Bek

• Learning
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 04:02:17 AM »
Hehe, we must be really tough Nickole!  ;D I wasn't expecting this, and hopefully it stays this way and is just as effective  ;) Thanks HB!

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »
I am at loss. 
Are you taking any type of probiotic supplements?  Killing yeast isn't enough.  You have to replenish the gut with other organisms to keep the yeast from coming back.

Also, are you taking any progesterone?  or some other food that might convert to sugar by candida?  This may have caused your most recent outbreak?

I have been taking acidophilus but nothing that should be converting to sugar.  I think it was a hormone thing though.  I started my period 3 days into the infection.

I did end up using Monostat for 2 days and taking 3x as much acidophilus.  When my period started, I had almost total relief already so I just let things alone.  I seem to be fine now.

Thanks for your concern.  I'm going to track things closer next month to see what the cause is -- that is, in case it happens again.

Offline rachel87

• Learning
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
I had NEVER heard of Candida yeast or Leaky Gut syndrome.  Reading all of these posts tonight have been so insightful.  I started the TT and YA last yeast after reading information and matching symptoms.   I have been researching the Candida.    It is amazing how so many symptoms/issues I thought were separate may not be:  IBS,  bloating, weight gain, ovarian cysts, abdominal pain.   I just had surgery last week to remove a cyst and he found a large "adhesion" on my lower intestine that had to be removed.   
     It is only 3 days on TT and YA - no bathroom trips, tummy aches - only a difficult time sleeping.

Many of you are so committed to such a change of diet.  I respect that greatly.... although I am not sure I am at that place in my life... but perhaps.

Your posts are helpful.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
I have been sugar, flour, potato, rice, pasta, milk, honey, bread...starch-free for 11 weeks...I haven't had a yeast infection for over a year and now, suddenly, when I am eating a "safe" diet and have for 11 weeks, I have a raging yeast infection....I think it was a hormone thing though.  I started my period 3 days into the infection

I had what seemed to be recurrent vag infections during cleansing that turned out to be hormone related.  I have a fibroid on my ovary and for some reason this caused symptoms similar to yeast infections about 7 days into my period each month for 7 consecutive months.  After beginning progesteron therpy, these symptoms stopped completely.  Progesterone therapy is not recommended in the first weeks of candida treatment as it converts easily to sugar, but in the mean time, natural treatments for yeast infections were successful at keeping the symptoms tolerable and short lived each month.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:40:21 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
  All itchers/detox rashers, read!   ;D

Counteracting Die-Off

When yeast cells are rapidly killed by the immune system, drug treatment, or dietary intervention, a "die-off" or Herxheimer reaction occurs. This reaction is caused by the massive release of toxins from dying candida cells. Toxic proteins from the dead yeasts cross cell membranes, enter the bloodstream, and trigger an intense immune reaction.

Yeast Die-Off Inhibits Treatment

Die-off and the Herxheimer reaction occur when a larger number of yeasts die rapidly, releasing toxins and causing allergic reactions. A die-off reaction is especially pronounced when using powerful antifungal drugs like Nystatin that literally cause yeast cells to burst apart. Even though a strong die-off reaction causes a significant amount of discomfort, it is a sign of a successful treatment.

An effective means to reduce the discomfort of die-off is to take the supplement compounds listed under "Other anti-yeast supplements," (at left), drink plenty of fluids, and consume 30-40 grams a day of dietary fiber. That will deactivate, absorb and rid the body of toxic debris from dead yeasts...from Candida Yeast Protection Program

HB--God bless you for this:-* I just got connected w/ this Herxheimer reaction after searching why my extreme itching/rash has persisted so long...after realizing that I had it spelled wrong, I found your post.  Here's some more on it:

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Pubs/herxheimer.html

HISTORY
The phenomenon was first described by Adolf Jarisch (1860-1902) working in Vienna, Austria, and a few years later by Karl Herxheimer (1861-1942), working in Frankfort, Germany. Both doctors were dermatologists mainly treating syphilitic lesions of the skin. They noticed that in response to treatment, many patients developed not only fever, perspiration, night sweats, nausea and vomiting, but their skin lesions became larger and more inflamed before settling down and healing. Interestingly, they found that those who had the most extreme reactions healed the best and fastest. The patient might be ill for 2-3 days, but then their lesions resolved. 

The best assistance for the body is drinking plenty of distilled water (a half gallon a day is recommended).

Other helpful suggestions include:

Getting plenty of sunshine
Minimizing exercise for the detox period
Keeping the organs of elimination (the bowels, lungs, skin, kidneys, lymph) functioning properly
Keeping the diet relatively pure during the detox period so that the body is not loaded with additional chemicals and toxins to eliminate while it is already working hard.
Adding lemon to the water, taking cold press olive oil first thing in the morning, taking sea salt baths and/ or steam baths and saunas, plus liver and elimination system supports can also be helpful, though any herbal supplements should be kept to a minimum and should be very mild and gentle in nature. 

and..

http://www.lassesen.com/cfids/herxheimer.htm:
Treatment (reduction)
Treatment consists of two approaches: improving the blood flow to clear the toxins faster (see vascular constriction), or, neutralizing the toxins (or both)

Probenecid (Dr. Jadin *)
Benadryl (antihistamine)
Therma-Flu or equivalent
Aspirin (Bromelain may increase it!)
Meptazinol 
Increase in blood thinning supplements
Lemon/Olive Oil drink (may be done with water or Grape Juice)
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (Organic) or 1/2 lemon rind)
1 Tbsp cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil Water or juice ... stir
Concord Grape Juice with flavoids (widens blood vessels)
NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs),
pain medication (see ibuprofen risks..)
muscle relaxers,
hot baths / hot tub
steam (dry or hot) sauna
a saltz bath: add 1 cup salt, 1 cup soda, 1 cup epsom salts, 1 cup aloe vera, to a
hot bath, remain in and keep hot for about 1-1/2 hours all the while consuming
about 2 quarts of warm water.
Hale's breathing
Control panic attacks, anxiety and worry (they constrict the blood vessels, worsening the effect).

Should we start a thread on it?   ???

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:31:13 PM by YooperMama »

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »
I'm on my third day of the diet - meat, green veggies, raw almonds, eggs, butter, and plain kefir.  I've had pronounced fatigue, brain fog, headaches, and now sweating/face tingling episodes.  I'm taking Tummy Tune-Up, Flaxseed Oil/Coconut Oil and Supermom. 

I took odorless garlic for the last 24 hours and I now reek!!  My nursing baby stinks too, I am told.  Of course, I don't smell it myself, but why would Odorless garlic make the whole room I'm in stink??  I think I'll hold off on this for awhile.

I also drank about two gallons of distilled water in the last two days.

Question is...Will this clear up the candida without Yeast Assassin?  Is there something else I could get that would kill off the yeast or will the elimination diet do the trick?

Amy