Author Topic: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction  (Read 184422 times)

Offline Gods_child

• Adept
Re: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
Okay, I have a question... or two. I've read how good it is to eat fermented milk products while on this yeast diet/cleanse but I am allergic to dairy. Can I still have the plain yogurt and kefir? I believe I am lactose intolerant, so when the dairy is fermented, is there still lactose in it? And am I allowed to have it in that form? Also...can I have goat's milk? Is that considered dairy? Does it contain lactose? Sorry if this sounds silly...I'm a beginner! Any help would be very helpful as I am on the 4th day of this candida cleanse/diet. I am taking yeast assasin and tummy tuneup following the instructions on the bottle, is this correct? And ofcourse...watching my food intake! Thanx!

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2008, 04:08:52 PM »
Yogurt and other fermented milk (including goat) is a wonderful thing to have even if you have had an alergic reaction from milk products in the past... in my experience, anyway. You might try a bit and see if you have any reactions if in doubt.

I too have a question. Is it a good idea to eat less when on the diet? I find that since I started working towards eating low carb/sugar free, I am more tempted to avoid eating food period than eating the "good stuff". Should I be making myself eat more, even if it is repugnent to me? I know I can, if it is better...

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2008, 03:17:46 AM »
.... I believe I am lactose intolerant, so when the dairy is fermented, is there still lactose in it? And am I allowed to have it in that form? Also...can I have goat's milk? Is that considered dairy? Does it contain lactose? Sorry if this sounds silly...I'm a beginner! Any help would be very helpful as I am on the 4th day of this candida cleanse/diet. I am taking yeast assasin and tummy tuneup following the instructions on the bottle, is this correct? And ofcourse...watching my food intake! Thanx!

Goat's milk does contain lactose.  Fermented products do to, unless you drain the whey off.  In the process most of the lactose will end up in the whey.  My son cannot have cow's milk and we thought it was a lactose issue.  However, he is fine with raw goat's milk.  It seems his problem had to do with the size of the protein in the milk rather than the lactose.  You might just try some goat milk and see how you react.  I'd go completely dairy free for 4 days first to get a clear indication of how you react to the goat milk.  This way you will know for sure you are reacting to the goat milk, not other dairy that was still in your system.  Also, if you can find fresh goat milk it is much better tasting than the store bought kind.  It's enough better, that I milk a goat. ;)

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline momto4girls

• Adept
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
Is it possible for probiotics to cause die-off?

Can you take enough probiotics to over power the yeast in the gut WITHOUT taking any kind of yeast killing supplements of any sorts? That also includes NO diet change.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2008, 03:54:53 AM »
WITHOUT taking any kind of yeast killing supplements of any sorts

Probiotics do kill yeast.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline created2worship

• Learning
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
I just finished a 4 day 4 night Candia/toxin Cleansing fast (water only). A little more info: I had been struggling with candida symtoms, and troubles with my eyes feeling achey, burning/hot, and not being able to focus as well as inability to think clearly or focus. I decided to do a 5-7 (didn't make it that long) day water fast to try and fluch out my gut and start building it back up.

Day One: Detox was OK, headaches, hunger pains, "fuzzy" feeling, and tierd/not wanting to focus eyes,  but I was able to put in 7 hours at work...

Day Two: Detox a little worse, just headaches, weak achey muscles and some eye tierdness, went to work for 7 hours again

Day Three: Felt pretty good! Just tierd and a slight headache. Went out to eat with my family at a mongolian bbq and didn't even feel hungry. Went out house hunting with my oldest sister in the below 0 weather... Decided to do an enema when I got home bcause I felt like there was still some junk in my colon and I wanted to be ALL cleaned out. I did 2 in a row, and it wasn't coming out clear after the second, but I felt SO weak that I decided I needed to stop.

Day Four: Was torture! I had a low grade fever, white coating on my tounge, metalllic taste in my mouth, nausea, acid reflux ( tasted bile in my mouth), and extreme tierdness/weakness/acheness. Alot of troubles with my eyes, too. Spent the entire day in bed.

Day Five (today) Woke up feeling alot better ( no nausea, acid reflux or aches), but was feeling very weak and had a headache. I decided that I needed to eat, as I was getting really scared- having a hard time breathing, feeling dizzy and blacking out if I wasn'e laying down, feeling like I was going to faint, etc. I had a cup of juice and a little later on some veggie broth. Both felt great on my tummy, and within a few minutes after drinking the juice my headache dissapeared. I also took some probiotics. Still in bed, really weak tho.

ANYWAY, Here is my question: I still feel like I wasn't done detoxing, yet I HAD to stop or I would have ended up hurting myself. Any suggestions for A) continuing to cleanse my system while still eating and B) lessening the detox symptoms so I can function again?

TIA! (hopefully I put this in a good place, I just couldn't seem to find a thread that it fit in well...

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
Healing Naturally With Bee 9-day Diet for severe detox

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/dig6.php

You might try this diet.  It is supposed to minimize the die off.  I have found that after my first really bad die off the rest has not been as bad.  When I first feel die off symptoms due to increase in antifungals, I immediately take Vitamin C and often have a bath with epsom salts.  I also have increased the antifungals very slowly and gradually in order to not have such severe die off again.  I did not want to be that sick again.  My understanding is that it will take one month of healing for every year of candida overgrowth symptoms. So for me, I expect it to take 7 months or more to heal from candida overgrowth.  (probably longer due to my cheating on the diet..lol)
Mrs. P

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
So, by extreme fatigue, does it mean that you feel like you can barely walk because your feet feel like lead? I'm having a hard time carrying my one yo son! Every time I try the candida diet, this symptom happens, and it seems to keep getting worse as the days pass. 6 full days is the longest I've made it without stopping, and usually, my hubby tells me I look horrible and should stop. I was thinking it might be a potassium deficiency, but yesterday took 2 grams of potassium chloride with NO change!!! Might this be something other than die-off?
-visionarymom

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
Yes, that's what my fatigue was like. If it happens everytime you try to get rid of your candida, then it's probably die-off. The other thing to consider, is whether you are taking anything that you may be reacting to.

Look for things to reduce die-off symptoms. Make sure your bowels are moving so the toxins are leaving and not just sitting there. Taking psyllium/plantain seeds, helped me. So did taking cayenne. I'm sure there are other things that ease the symptoms, I just don't know them off the top of my head. Maybe someone else can help.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
Ok, I just started this diet/cleanse today, is it possible that I would be feeling the effects already?  How would I know since I was feeling bad before i started?  Right now I have a migraine, upset tummy.

I started taking yeast assasin too.  i wasn't sure if I was supposed to start taking that so soon?  Anyway, i don't even think i ate everything I was supposed to today, eggs w/onions for breakfast, brown rice with onions, tomato paste, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, sea salt, and put that on a tortilla.   Chicken for dinner, with salad, with homemade dressing, with some braggs apple cider vinegar.  now, I know i haven't had any sugar today, that's probably the only thing I did right.  ::)

I know I really crave sugar, esp since we have maple syrup boiling all over around here!  I do get cranky if I don't have sugar.

So, am i just having my normal headache, aches & pain problem that brought me to do this candida diet, or is it die off?

thanks,
wendy

Offline Mamatoto

• Adept
    • Lanae and Baby
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »
I had a bad cold and was feeling icky before I started my cleanse, so I understand now knowing what to blame your symptoms on.  You may never really know for the first few days/weeks whether it's the cleanse or the lingering sickness or a combination of both, but for me there came a point where I knew my symptoms changed for the worse and I officially blamed the candida.  I think I wrote a little bit about it on the "Daily Log" thread while I was going through it.  I look forward to you joining Jemima and me on the "Daily Log" thread - you may want to read the past week and half or so of posts on that thread to catch yourself up on both of our treks, plans, questions, etc.  Best of luck tomorrow!
These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.  Deut 6:6-7

www.facebook.com/LanaeLeavittArbonneConsultant

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:19:21 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jkchaffin

• Wide Eyed