Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 252175 times)

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #810 on: May 02, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »
OK, so I read the tread you linked to & there's a mistake.

The 1st post on that thread says- which is supposed to be Dr. David Christopher's direct instructions to her: "It involves 2 days of drinking 1 qt per day of black walnut hull and pau d' arco tea and then Slippery Elm and Licorice (mixed equally) 1 TBSP every waking hour for 2 weeks and then back to the Black Walnut Hull and Pau D' Arco tea for 2 days.  At that time I am to start lots of fermented foods...homemade sauerkraut, kim chi, ACV (raw), fresh homemade yogurt...to recolonize the colon.  He said that this program is very effective and will get rid of all yeast during this 14 day treatment. "

Then someone later in the thread starts talking about 1 TBSP of each- SEB & Licorice every waking hr.

The thing is, most doses for licorice root is about 1 TEASPOON at a time & that dose is usually taken 4-6 times a day. Large amounts of licorice can really raise your blood pressure, cause major water retention, etc. I can see taking 1 TBSP MIXED & Licorice & SEB (which would be 1 1/2 teaspoons each) & you could easily take 1 TBSP of SEB at a time but to take a full TBSP of powdered Licorice every waking hr (assuming 16 hrs a day) seems to be way too big of a dose.

Is it possible that the person that first posted maybe mixed up on measurements? Tablespoon is abbreviated TBSP, TBS, TBLS or T. Teaspoon is abbreviated Teas or t.

The idea itself sounds great- it would be very healing to the gut. I'm just not sure about the idea of taking that much licorice root.

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #811 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:03 AM »
You eat on days 1&2 and 17&18, just the only herbs you take are the teas.

Oh, I don't know how I missed that. I am *still* reading day one and two the pau d'arco and black walnut tea all day.  THEN, eat steamed veggies. Okay, but now you are eating the steamed or raw veggies the ENTIRE time?  Just drinking the pau d'arco and BW on day 1, 2, 17, and 18?

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #812 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:36 AM »
You eat on days 1&2 and 17&18, just the only herbs you take are the teas.

Oh, I don't know how I missed that. I am *still* reading day one and two the pau d'arco and black walnut tea all day.  THEN, eat steamed veggies. Okay, but now you are eating the steamed or raw veggies the ENTIRE time?  Just drinking the pau d'arco and BW on day 1, 2, 17, and 18?

That is correct. :) Yes, and I eat meat and eggs, but try to limit them as much as possible. I would make sure that any meat or egg's are Organic etc etc..... Because don't some nasty meat companies put sugar in their meat? I thought I had heard something about that.

Okay, this fast is looking easier and easier, now! YES!!!  We only eat organic grass fed meats and eggs, here!  Thanks!!

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »
HappyWifey - I want to do this cleanse soon. We are going on vacation at the beginning of June and I need to decide if I want to do it before or after.  Anyway...
I read over the SNH Yeast Program thread with your "coach", but it seems like there is conflicting info. In her reply #37, she answers your questions about the cleanse.

Here is your question: About the licorice and slippery elm, is that one TBS each? - Her answer: One TBSP of each per hour...mix 4 TBSP of Slippery Elm and 4 TBSP of licorice in about 2 cups of water - it is easiest in a vita-mix or smoothie mixer and that will be loose enough to "drink."  Drink the equivalent of 1 TBSP every waking hour.  I figured about 8 - 10 hours/day.

Ok - So she says yes to 1 TBSP EACH per hour, but then she says to mix 4 TBSP each of SEB and Licorice in 2 cups of water, then drink the equivalent of 1 TBSP every waking hour.

That seems like it would equal only 1 tbsp together (1/2 TBSP each). I just do not want to buy and extra pound each if I do not have to. It is not cheap!  ::)

Can you please clarify. Maybe I am reading it wrong. Thanks.

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2010, 05:37:19 AM »
This was posted yesterday. http://articles.herballegacy.com/  It is the same cleanse, but a little different and less specific.. He says "one tablespoon of slippery elm gruel five times a day". Or you can also buy their "capsules".  So I am guessing that the gruel also has the Licorice and you are to take 1 tbsp of the mix. He never tells you licorice, and is not real specific on some things, but with the other instructions I think it can be figured out.

Can someone take a look and tell me what you think?  Thanks.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »
I know this will make it confusing but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong instructions.. So I deleted all of my posts about this cleanse and made a new topic about just it. Of course I will post here for the daily log when I start. :)

Here is the link for the Thread. http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,27426.0.html

Hopefully all of the inconsistencies will be gone but please check it over to make sure it's all right! It is WAY less in licorice and the other herbs so check it over carefully!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:49:13 PM by HappyWifey »

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #816 on: May 26, 2010, 08:07:41 AM »
Well I was hoping to post sooner but I haven't been able to yet. Today is day three and I have been feeling really good the whole cleanse so far, except for a couple hours yesterday where I felt restless and lazy. Not sure if it was related. :)

I have been taking coconut oil along with the herbs, 1 1/2 T before each meal. I was reading a book that mentioned that half of the coconut oil is the compound that fights candida. I am thinking about doing a three days coconut oil cleanse in the middle of this cleanse also.

Both Robert and I have been really enjoying the food, for some reason my creativity has jumped in and every meal has been wonderful so far. :) We are missing the milk and butter though. :)

We accidentally cheated last night. :P We bought some lunch meat for my mom, and we were really hungry and still had a ways to go before we could get home to eat dinner so we ate a slice of ham, and then thought about looking to see if there was any sugar in it. Yup there was. :/ And that after a very fruitless search for sausage without sugar.

So everything is going really well so far!

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #817 on: May 31, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »
Well today marks the end of the first week. I am still quite happy with this cleanse. I am noticing that my candida symptoms are slowly but surely disappearing and I am also losing weight. :) I have lost 4lb this week.  The first 4 or 5 days or so I felt very tired, weak and lazy but I am beginning to feel better about that. My husband has had to add his apple juice and Perfect Food back into his diet because he just  can't keep up in his work without it. I did have one day where I felt sick to my stomach, headache and pretty yucky, but I haven't felt like that at all since and that only last 3 or 4 hours. I think the hardest thing for us right now is the no fruit, ice cream cookies and cake have no appeal to us, but fruit just makes our mouths water like crazy! I have been taking more SEB and licorice then is called for because I want to make sure that I heal really well.

My parents are also going through this, but I have a feeling that they wont do as well because they are allowing all kinds of things in their diet like, dairy, buckwheat, and even small amounts of sugar! My mom thinks it's ok because they are taking something called MMS that is supposed to kill the candida. :/
we'll see how it goes......

I can't wait for this cleanse to be over, just because I really miss fruit!

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #818 on: June 02, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »
HappyWifey -  I am still planning on doing this cleanse after vacation, so keep posting your progress!! Hope you are doing well!!

Offline Monita

• Adept
« Reply #819 on: October 16, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »
HI, I have been wanting to do this for awhile now and have just decided to start this week.  My yeast related problems are joint pain, eczema, sun allergy, frequent uti's skin getting flushed hot and tingly, memory loss, confusion and brain fog.

I started a no sugar or carb diet on Tuesday.  On Thursday. I felt rough......headache, tired and grouchy.  On Friday my headache was so bad I thought I would go blind.   Today I feel so much better!

I am waiting on my yeast clear and probiotics to come in hopefully early next week.  I plan to be on the no sugar or carb diet for a month and then see where I am. 

Just though I would jump in here and document my start to a yeast free self. ;D  This thread and other related threads have been so helpful.  Thank you all so much for all of the info and personal experiences about yeast.  Very encouraging! :-*

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #820 on: October 16, 2010, 05:09:11 PM »
Well today marks the end of the first week. I am still quite happy with this cleanse. I am noticing that my candida symptoms are slowly but surely disappearing and I am also losing weight. :) I have lost 4lb this week.  The first 4 or 5 days or so I felt very tired, weak and lazy but I am beginning to feel better about that. My husband has had to add his apple juice and Perfect Food back into his diet because he just  can't keep up in his work without it. I did have one day where I felt sick to my stomach, headache and pretty yucky, but I haven't felt like that at all since and that only last 3 or 4 hours. I think the hardest thing for us right now is the no fruit, ice cream cookies and cake have no appeal to us, but fruit just makes our mouths water like crazy! I have been taking more SEB and licorice then is called for because I want to make sure that I heal really well.

My parents are also going through this, but I have a feeling that they wont do as well because they are allowing all kinds of things in their diet like, dairy, buckwheat, and even small amounts of sugar! My mom thinks it's ok because they are taking something called MMS that is supposed to kill the candida. :/
we'll see how it goes......

I can't wait for this cleanse to be over, just because I really miss fruit!

i would like to hear an update on you and your parents. after several months, it would be interesting to see which plan worked. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #821 on: October 19, 2010, 10:57:43 AM »
Well my dad for sure is still having candida problems. I'm not sure about my mom. I have some issues still too, but they are also ones that can be caused by hormonal imbalances, which I know my hormones are out of whack. My purely candida symptoms are gone though and have not come back. :)