Author Topic: Has anyone tried G Diapers?  (Read 56874 times)

Offline MommyGus

• Mymanswoman
  • Adept
  • most of my kids
Re: Has anyone tried G Diapers?
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
I noticed that too!  I would like some, but I allready have enough cloth diapers, and I probably shouldn't spend the money.  They look like they would be less bulky though.  Maybe I can get some in the future.
4yo DD: "Mom can I have a cookie?"
MommyGus: (being silly) "Say 'You are the best mom in the whole world'"
4yo DD: (being very sweet) "I love you Mom...In the best world...I love you"

Offline kisbaba_1

• Adept
    • epres[h] - a virtual tea house
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »
i've thought that, too... maybe if i can save $30 in groceries one month, i could buy one pack and try them out!
blessed mother of three: lydia rayne (3), judah wisdom(2) and isaac justice (7 months)

epres[h] - a virtual tea house

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »
I just spoke to a rep and she gave me a coupon code for $2.00 off.  I don't know if you need to be a first time buyer, but it's worth a try!            2BUCKSOFF                ~L

YoopreMama

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 06:48:04 AM »
Today only (prob. gone soon), a great deal on a starter kit for G diapers:

http://www.babysteals.com 

$49.98

51% off Reg. $101.94

"This set includes three great orange and three genuine vanilla bean little gPants, swishstick and handy user guide. Use with gRefills or use with gCloth (sold separately) and you’ll find they’re far less expensive than other cloth covers."

http://www.gdiapers.com/gdiapers101

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »
oh, i'm so sad! i didn't happen to see this yesterday, those are the diapers i am hoping to use! and the bella bands that are the deal today are sold out too.   :'(  i will now go and sign up for email or something so i can know what the deal is!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2009, 06:31:23 AM »
Again today.  Hurry!

Today only (prob. gone soon), a great deal on a starter kit for G diapers:

http://www.babysteals.com 

$49.98

51% off Reg. $101.94

"This set includes three great orange and three genuine vanilla bean little gPants, swishstick and handy user guide. Use with gRefills or use with gCloth (sold separately) and you’ll find they’re far less expensive than other cloth covers."

http://www.gdiapers.com/gdiapers101

YoopreMama

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
I finally bought my g Diapers inserts and have washed them 3/6 times, per instructions, before deciding to just try them.   

I like how easy they are to assemble and put on, and that the velcro straps close in BACK, so baby (um, 19 month old) cannot open them so easily.

The 2 wet diapers absorbed very well, I'm glad to see I put the right (softer) side on his skin.  I then folded in our pre-folds the short way to see if they fit and they do (now re-reading the thread through, I see you all were doing that, too).   8)

I bought these b/c it was a great deal and thought it'd be helpful for me toilet training him on #1 (already trained on #2--yay!).  I think my husband will like putting these on and off, too.   ;)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
I finally bought my g Diapers inserts and have washed them 3/6 times, per instructions, before deciding to just try them.   

I like how easy they are to assemble and put on, and that the velcro straps close in BACK, so baby (um, 19 month old) cannot open them so easily.

The 2 wet diapers absorbed very well, I'm glad to see I put the right (softer) side on his skin.  I then folded in our pre-folds the short way to see if they fit and they do (now re-reading the thread through, I see you all were doing that, too).   8)

I bought these b/c it was a great deal and thought it'd be helpful for me toilet training him on #1 (already trained on #2--yay!).  I think my husband will like putting these on and off, too.   ;)

hey Yooper! how are you liking your Gdiapers?  and when they say wash 6 times, do they mean the cover? seems silly, since that's not the absorbing part. 

on a side note, i am looking for the best place to buy some of the flushable inserts, i am watching some on ebay, but looking around for the best deal.  i don't want to use them all the time, just have them for going out.  also, looking for the best deal or a cheap way to do the cloth ones.  thinking about doing the tri-fold cloth diapers, whatever they are called!  Yooper what did you do? did you buy actual G cloth inserts or invent something else?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline bettarcamping

• Learning
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »

[/quote]
  thinking about doing the tri-fold cloth diapers, whatever they are called! 
[/quote]

I'm not Yooper, but I found that the infant size prefolds (trifold cloth diapers ;)) fit perfectly in our medium G dipapers. We bought them just to use with the flushables on camping trips and while traveling, but they've come in handy when I forget to put the diapers in the wash!!!  Prefolds worked perfectly as cloth inserts :)
Wife to the worlds bestest husband and Momma to the sweetest little girl who will be a big sister this summer!

YoopreMama

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2010, 03:33:30 AM »
Hi, 4myhoonie! :)  I still like them.  I've been using the next size diaper prefolds as inserts for naps and at night...my infant prefolds are on loan, but I bet they would be perfect--thanks for making me realize that, Bettarcamping!  :)

I did wash the cover 6 times, just tossed them in as I had a load of perm. press.  I was waiting to get the inserts so I wasn't in a hurry.  :)  They leaked occasionally, when I went too long w/ the gcloth inserts, but that doesn't happen really anymore.

hey Yooper! how are you liking your Gdiapers?  and when they say wash 6 times, do they mean the cover? seems silly, since that's not the absorbing part. 

on a side note, i am looking for the best place to buy some of the flushable inserts, i am watching some on ebay, but looking around for the best deal.  i don't want to use them all the time, just have them for going out.  also, looking for the best deal or a cheap way to do the cloth ones.  thinking about doing the tri-fold cloth diapers, whatever they are called!  Yooper what did you do? did you buy actual G cloth inserts or invent something else?
eBay did get some decent deals on the flushables, but not good enough for me.  Amazon had a deal once...may come around again.

We used disposables on our recent trip, and we just don't go out much to justify the cost.   :-\  I bought a pack of cloth inserts (washed 6 times), and use them during the day for toilet training, and a trifold at night.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2010, 05:10:24 AM »
Hi, 4myhoonie! :)  I still like them.  I've been using the next size diaper prefolds as inserts for naps and at night...my infant prefolds are on loan, but I bet they would be perfect--thanks for making me realize that, Bettarcamping!  :)

I did wash the cover 6 times, just tossed them in as I had a load of perm. press.  I was waiting to get the inserts so I wasn't in a hurry.  :)  They leaked occasionally, when I went too long w/ the gcloth inserts, but that doesn't happen really anymore.

eBay did get some decent deals on the flushables, but not good enough for me.  Amazon had a deal once...may come around again.

We used disposables on our recent trip, and we just don't go out much to justify the cost.   :-\  I bought a pack of cloth inserts (washed 6 times), and use them during the day for toilet training, and a trifold at night.

ok, so i think i will just get some of the trifolds at WM tonight, and wash them a bunch.  i have a few old ones that would probably be more absorbent that have been used as burp cloths for 7-10 babies.  not sure if the $30 for 6 inserts would be worth it.  if i can just use the tri-folds i think i will. 

thanks for your input gals!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
ok, so i struck out on finding the prefolds, cuz they didn't look like cotton, they were called "birdseye" and just didn't look very absorbent.  i was thinking about maybe these here, is this something i could use in a Gdiaper?  i am totally unsure what i am doing here so please forgive me!  ::)

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=765

YoopreMama

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
I would have passed on those birdseye diapers, too.  I am pretty sure we had some and they weren't terribly absorbent.  There is definitely a range of quality to be found in pre-folds.

I looked at those doublers, and their size looks about right.  However, I have some doublers, too, and they do seem meant to be used w/ a pre-fold.  Not sure how long they'd last for a diaper change...the gDiapers, I think, are hemp and cotton...VERY absorbent, like a diaper.  I suspect these wouldn't be the equivalent, if price is any indicator.

I might look here at the hemp ones...http://www.cottonbabies.com/index.php?cPath=26

I was in your position not too long ago...once you get started, you learn quickly!  :)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »
has anyone used the small size gdiapers inserts with the Medium size diapers?  i am thinking i will switch to the med soon.  just wondering if it's really necessary to buy the med/large ones.  also, interested if someone would have some for sale.

modified:  considering something different that would hopefully work better for him.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:38:55 AM by 4myhoonie »

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »
I have some med (pretty sure) g-diapers for sale.  I have 4 covers and 6 liners (if I recall). I used homemade cloth inserts with them, which I would send along.

I would like $25.00 for the whole lot, shipping included.

Please e-mail me (rather than PM) at:
andrewbajus@ gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife