Author Topic: kidney stones and calcium ?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline bzymom4blessings

• Wide Eyed
kidney stones and calcium ?
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:27:07 AM »

HI All,
I have/had a kidney stone, just went and done the ESWL procedure to break the stone up, I tried organic kidney stone relief to no avail. The Dr. seems to think it was a calcium stone, so should I avoid all calcium? I'm not sure. I just got my Supermom vitamins and I'd like to take them, but they have calcium.. Just not sure if the calcium build up in the "stone" is the same make up as calcium supplements?
Anyone??

Thanks
Carrie
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
Re: kidney stones and calcium ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 10:44:28 AM »

HI All,
I have/had a kidney stone, just went and done the ESWL procedure to break the stone up, I tried organic kidney stone relief to no avail. The Dr. seems to think it was a calcium stone, so should I avoid all calcium? I'm not sure. I just got my Supermom vitamins and I'd like to take them, but they have calcium.. Just not sure if the calcium build up in the "stone" is the same make up as calcium supplements?
Anyone??

Thanks
Carrie

Read Let's Get Well by Adelle Davis. It goes into details about what kind of diet to follow to prevent kidney stones. Also, Doug Kaufmann's Fungus Link books make the case that calcium deposits are the body's way of neutralizing the acid toxins from yeast/fungus & his science makes a lot of sense. His web site is: www.knowthecause.com & his t.v. show is: Know the Cause, it may be on in your area. HTH~herbalmom

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 01:27:48 PM »
If you have a buildup in calcium, it's not a sign that you are getting too much, it's a sign that you're not absorbing enough.  You need to make sure you're getting enough vitamins D, E and A, magnesium and omega 3 fats.  Supermom's should help with this.  I would also recommend cod liver oil.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 06:43:53 PM »
You don't need to cut back on calcium - you need more!  This is so contradictory to the AMA but I have seen this over and over again in friends and family.  One of my favorite tapes is Dead Doctors Don't Lie.  He discusses the whole calcium/kidney stone fallacy.  But if you're fearful of adding more calcium, the absolute best thing you can do is to drink one 8 oz. glass of water with several tbls of lemon juice (doesn't have to be fresh) every morning.  You will not get kidney stones again.  I got that one from my Prescription for Nutritional Healing book.  I have a friend who had several bouts with stones and started doing this.  She hasn't had a stone since. 

Patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline bzymom4blessings

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 12:42:59 PM »
;D

Thanks sooo much to all of you whom replied! I will try anything to not have this happen again! I also have heard of people increasing their calcium and not having the problem again!
I'm taking the supermoms, moving into a Nurishing Traditions type of eating and trying really hard to get healthy again!
God Bless
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD!