Author Topic: A Natural Anti-Aging Cream that *Really* Works??  (Read 22844 times)

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
A Natural Anti-Aging Cream that *Really* Works??
« on: December 27, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »
And does not cost an arm and a leg?? I am looking for a natural/herbal face cream that omits all of the filler/pore clogging junk and gives a pure product that helps improve elasticity in the skin, also something that will help "fill in" or "firm up" the tiny lines I am noticing around my mouth and "crow's feet" and under eyes, but will also work to prevent future aging. Antioxidant packed would be nice. Something that when combined with a healthy diet and exercise can help perserve a youthful complexion. Help!
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: A Natural Anti-Aging Cream that *Really* Works??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:59:46 AM »
My mother swears by Pearl Creme.  She gets it at GNC.  My mom looks pretty good for her age and she doesn't have a very good diet otherwise, so maybe it works.  ???

My MIL says deer antler will do the trick, but I think you have to eat/drink it.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 08:09:37 AM »
 :o How ironic! I actually bought some pearl cream from Puritan Pride back in early fall. The cream with crushed pearls in it, right? I have not used it faithfully, but now I will. ;) Also, it wasn't terribly expensive at all and that made me wonder if it was just a knock-off or something. I got it on their "buy one, get two free sale".

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 08:30:36 AM »
My MIL says deer antler will do the trick, but I think you have to eat/drink it.

My mom says that when she was growing up the old wives swore by chickens feet (boiled or in stock) to make your skin "purty".  ;D I'd wager it's for the same reason --

"Silicon: This much neglected element is needed for strong yet flexible bones and healthy cartilage, connective tissue, skin, hair and nails. In the blood vessels, the presence of adequate silicon helps prevent atherosclerosis. Silicon also protects against toxic aluminum. Good sources are grains with shiny surfaces, such as millet, corn and flax, the stems of green vegetables and homemade bone broths in which chicken feet or calves feet have been included."

And there are other goodies in bone broth, from the bones and hooves and horns of animals, that help build healthy skin, hair, and teeth. 

"In fact, the evidence goes back more than a century, and not only established gelatin’s [from bone broth] value to cartilage and bones but also to the skin, digestive tract, immune system, heart and muscles." (Got that quote from HERE. )

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 08:50:12 AM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 08:58:24 AM »
I think hydration is the key.  Drinking lots of good water every day.  Think of a flower with petals.  You can rub all the cremes you want into the petal, but drinking water is how it stays freshest. 

A good creme (that is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, but works miracles) is Arbonne's Nutrimin C ReCover Night Cream.  It costs like $78 or $90 for one ounce.   :o  It's ridiculous, but we got some for free once and when my husband used it faithfully all the fine lines and even medium deep lines in his forehead were GONE.  It is great stuff, but way, way, way too expensive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 09:49:35 AM by ShabbyChic »
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 09:46:27 AM »
Does anyone use virgin coconut oil on their face regularly as a moisterizer/ anti-wrinkle cream/oil? I tried this last night and it felt nice. :)

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 09:52:55 AM »
Does anyone use virgin coconut oil on their face regularly as a moisterizer/ anti-wrinkle cream/oil? I tried this last night and it felt nice. :)

This is what I use for a face moisturizer.  It works great for me!  I don't have any wrinkles yet,  (I'm 27) so I don't know about that part of it.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 11:39:29 AM »
I have actually been using CO to clean my face.  It has done a great job even when I wear makeup.  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 12:25:47 PM »
I have a skin care routine that really works. I splash my face with water, then wash with honey. I make a fabulous vitamin c serum that is very cheap. I'll post the recipe later when I have time. Then I mix a hyaluronic acid serum with emu oil and apply to my face. I buy the vitamin c crystals, the hyaluronic acid serum and
free range emu oil from www.gardenofwisdom.com The owner, Markey, ships super quick and usually throws in a freebie of some kind.

I've tried a lot of different things and this is all natural, reasonably cheap and works great. It actually works better than anything else I've ever tried. The first time I used the vitamin C serum, my DH asked me if I was using botox. The hyaluronic acid is very hydrating and the emu oil actually thickens your skin over a period of time.

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 04:12:57 PM »

This is what I use for a face moisturizer.  It works great for me!  I don't have any wrinkles yet,  (I'm 27) so I don't know about that part of it.

Well, I'm actually   ;D , but have noticed tiny little lines under my eyes and laugh lines. No one else seems to notice these and laugh when I talk about it. I guess I am a bit paranoid. My father's side of the family has very dry skin that wrinkles terribly. My mother's side has very supple, beautiful radiant skin. My 87 year old grandmother has VERY few lines. It appears as though I'm going to inherit my mom's skin (at least I hope so), but I really want to do somehting now instead of waiting later.

kaira

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »
I think hydration is the key.  Drinking lots of good water every day.  Think of a flower with petals.  You can rub all the cremes you want into the petal, but drinking water is how it stays freshest. 

A good creme (that is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, but works miracles) is Arbonne's Nutrimin C ReCover Night Cream.  It costs like $78 or $90 for one ounce.   :o  It's ridiculous, but we got some for free once and when my husband used it faithfully all the fine lines and even medium deep lines in his forehead were GONE.  It is great stuff, but way, way, way too expensive.

A girlfriend of mine sells Arbonne and after giving me the whole set to use for a week I was hooked.  I loved it, even though it was a labor intensive process.  Well, I loved it until I saw the ingredients in it.  Those products were so full of chemicals they were sure to help out.  I think they sell themselves on all the good stuff (herbs) that they add to the chemicals.  It is interesting that they only list the natural ingredients in the catalog and not any of the other main ingredients.  You also can't get the ingredients off of the bottles themselves or even from the company.  I emailed the company and told them I was interested in their products but wanted a list of ingredients and I was told they only supply them to consultants and they are on the boxes once you purchase products.  Many of the consultants are under the impression that the products are free of chemicals altogether.  Interesting, or at least I thought it was.  So, there is my $.02 on Arbonne.

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »
In my previous post, I meant to say : "Well, I'm actually 26." The post didn't make sense without the age inserted. That was the whole point of the post.  :P

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 04:45:14 AM »
I like Olive Squalane.  It is very light and feels great!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »
Rebekah put this link in the long hair thread:
http://www.oleda.com/

This woman is 70-something!!!  :o

I always notice that my skin looks and feels the youngest right after a fast or a cleanse.   ;)

Offline isannah

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »
I use simple and very inexpensive products from "Secrets of Eden" A Christian Based company. You can find the products on Ebay sold by Pastor Straw. I use the REFRESH Mineral water spray then I apply EMU oil...works really great. My fine lines have disappeared amd my skin looks younger and healtier .
And does not cost an arm and a leg?? I am looking for a natural/herbal face cream that omits all of the filler/pore clogging junk and gives a pure product that helps improve elasticity in the skin, also something that will help "fill in" or "firm up" the tiny lines I am noticing around my mouth and "crow's feet" and under eyes, but will also work to prevent future aging. Antioxidant packed would be nice. Something that when combined with a healthy diet and exercise can help perserve a youthful complexion. Help!

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 08:25:08 AM »
I always notice that my skin looks and feels the youngest right after a fast or a cleanse.   ;)

OK HIO - you make me want to cleanse every times I read something from you!! ;D ;)     I'm getting around to it  :-\
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »
Im looking for some ideas on a cheap
anti-aging face cream and or mosterizer. I notice Im looking all old and yucky and im only almost 36. My face skin dont look healthy .

My husband just started a new job with no paycheck for a  while so we are on a tight budget right now. We always are but even more so right now. So I cant just up and get some stuff online or at stores.

Would something like oilive oil or some kind of mashed food being rubbed on my face help?  I know that sounds silly to rub food on my face  :D  but Im thinking something has to help.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
anti-aging face cream and or mosterizer. I notice Im looking all old and yucky and im only almost 36. My face skin dont look healthy .

My husband just started a new job with no paycheck for a  while so we are on a tight budget right now. We always are but even more so right now. So I cant just up and get some stuff online or at stores.

Would something like oilive oil or some kind of mashed food being rubbed on my face help?  I know that sounds silly to rub food on my face  :D  but Im thinking something has to help.

Maybe avocado?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »

Doesn't sound silly at all, women have been using food items as facial masks & to make skin care items for 1000's of years. Lots of women use olive or coconut oil on their face too & from what I understand, both work very well. I have oily skin, so I haven't tried the oils but I have used Apple Cider Vinegar as an astringent before & other food based skin care items although at the moment, I don't remember what. (mush brain strikes again) Anyway, facial steaming helps a lot & is cheap. For info & how to's check this:

Swiss Kriss Spa Facial

These directions use Swiss Kriss which is an herbal blend you can get at any HFS & some grocery stores (it's not expensive & you only use a small amount each time so it lasts quite a while) but you can use many different fresh or dried herbs or none at all & just use plain water, it's still good for your skin. I assume you have dry skin, you could use fennel, chamomile, rose, (make sure they haven't been grown w/chemicals) anise, Sleepy Time tea (it's mostly mint & chamomile- just tear open a tea bag & pour it into the water- you won't need to boil this one though because it's already in very small pieces) or like I said, plain water. If you have bad water though, use something better if you can, otherwise you will be bathing your face in & breathing in nasty chemicals.   :P :P Steaming really helps flush gook out of  the pores & improve circulation in you face which would prob. really help your skin since your a diabetic. BE EXTRA CAREFUL THAT YOU DON'T GET TOO CLOSE TO THE WATER & BURN YOURSELF. I'm sure you know better than I do about what kinds of problems that could cause you.

Someone w/oily skin could use Swiss Kriss or the more astringent herbs like mint, rosemary, any citrus, eucalyptus, etc. or plain water.

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:56:37 PM by herbalmom »

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »
Honey is good...you could add a little corn meal for a scrub. Sour cream is supposed to make your face clear and radiant.  ;)
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline MissyJo

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
I'd really like your recipe for the vit. C serum -- it doesn't look like you've posted it yet.    ;D

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 03:55:03 AM »
I haven't tried this, but I'm wondering if horsetail would be a good thing to add to facial concoctions.  I'm thinking it would help with elasticity and possible reduce effects of aging/gravity??  I guess rinking it would work, but I'm big on double whammies.  Anyone know??     ~L

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »
my vitamin C recipe is one part l-ascorbic acid crystals to eight parts water. Sometimes I substitute some of the water with green tea extract. I also bought some oat beta glucans I'm going to try out.

Use only cold water with the crystals. Store in a small amber bottle in the refrigerator. It takes a while for the crystals to dissolve. I just put it in the bottle and eventually they dissolve.

I make a tiny recipe, right now, two teaspoons of water to one fourth teaspoon la crystals. Vitamin C degrades rapidly in the presence of heat, light and oxygen. That is why I refrigerate it in an amber bottle and only mix with cold water.

It is very effective against fine lines and prevents and treats sun damage.

Offline clearanceshopper

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 07:13:14 AM »
It is hard to find a completly natural lotion or cream. Most commercial brands (even those claiming to be natural or organic) conatin some synthetic preservitives to extend the shelf life of the product, the most natural moisturizer will be to just use oil women in other countries have been doing this for years with great success.  Some oils that are wonderful for your skin and will not clog pores are Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Emu Oil, Avacado Oil and Red Raspberry oil.  You can also mix the oils together to come up with your own beauty oil blend.  Avacado, Emu and Red Raspberry seed oil are great wrinkle reducers and are filled with anti - oxidants and red raspberry seed oil is a natural sunscreen.

Offline LavenderMom

• Learning
    • From Fields and Gardens
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
Natural, pure olive oil is wonderful for your skin.  It has anti-aging properties. Infuse this with calendula and chamomile and apply to your skin every night.   Emu oil is also very good, but expensive.
 We are all going to age.  We can only do so much.  I personally think that women should be proud of those laugh lines and that peppering of silver around the temples.  Those laugh lines are from years of happy memories and the gray hairs represents wisdom.  The best thing you can do to ensure that you age well is to smile alot.  You want your lines to be happy wrinkles, not sad sags.
Visit my site for all natural skin care products at www.fromfieldsandgardens.com

Offline eatyourveggies

• Learning
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »
When it comes to skincare you need 1. a retinol 2. a Vit C/antioxidant serum and 3. a PPD sunscreen and if you're over 40 you drop the retinol and use a product with peptides for building/protecting collagen. Other than that you'd need plastic surgery or Botox to keep skin from sagging. There's alot of debate as to the 8 glasses of water a day and taking fish/flax and the like for essential fatty acids actually work at fighting wrinkles.

My faves for this are :

Avalon Organics Vit. C Serum to protect skin from pollution which breaks down skin. The particular vit C in this does not break down over time and the price is way below many other lines.

Clarins DayScreen SPF 40 as it's the only dry touch mineral sunscreen that does not break my skin out. Costs alot but it lasts a long time since you don't need much.

As for the retinol I've not used one yet and I'm not sure about it since I like to use natural products and haven't heard of a great product yet.

For good natural skincare I'd look into MyChelle and Aubrey Organics and Dr. Hauschka (sp) which is the top of the line when it comes to natural skin and body care.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:48:35 PM by eatyourveggies »

Offline blsd2bhome

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
Since I switched to using no soap on my face, and moisturizing with coconut oil every day, I have received many comments that I do not look my age.

We use the VCO to cook with, but also topically on our skin/face.

I use a washcloth with just plain water to wash off the dirt at the end of the day, and then apply VCO (virgin coconut oil) to moisturize.  Sometimes I use a little lavender ess oil mixed in with the oil to help relax if it has been a stressful day.

I must say, besides the anti-aging effect, it also helps with pimples and blackheads.  My 12 yo daughter will break out if she does not use the coconut oil on her face.  She is totally amazed that it works, and she has naturally oily skin!

I have looked for more "natural" products, but have never found anything that would not cost me a fortune!  Also, when I stopped using these products, within a few days, I actually think my skin looked worse than before.  I don't get that now.

That's just my experience, not sure if it was the type of info you were looking for!

blsd2bhome

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 04:25:35 PM »
I have been using the Vitamin C serum recipe posted on this thread, but I have read in another source that Vitamins E and K and caffeine are all great for the skin, also.  What do you all think about putting a bit on each of these vitamins (C,E and K) into a REALLY strong black or green tea?  Do you think it would mix ok?  Has anyone else ever tried to do this?

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 06:30:07 AM »
Im still trying to figure this out. I have sun damage that's driving me up the wall. Just since i turned 30 i see a change in my skin. :( I keep meaning to try the fish oils, and taking coconut oil internally and drinking more water but i still haven't gotten the fish oil yet.

Right now im washing with the face bar from beeyoutiful and i still get dry but its not the bars fault....its just my skin.  >:( I would love to not use any soap on my face but i wear makeup about 3 times a week if i go out and i need to wash it off good. Anyone got any ideas on how to wash my face really well without soap?

I have also done the coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer and i really like it. I dont do it everyday though but i think i like it better then my shea butter so i may just start using that and maybe i wont break out. I will share this with my 14yr old dd.

Oh and she uses sour cream on her face every night to wash it and her skin is really pretty and clear unless its PMS time. The sour cream exfoliated your skin without you having to scrub it. Just be aware that the first time or two you may have a really red face. That's normal and it doesn't do it after the third time as long as you keep it up. I leave mine on about 3 min and wash it off when i do it and my dd just puts it on and washes it back off again. I leave it on so it can do some exfoliating cuz i have dry skin. I like it...i just always forget to do it.....and it stinks. LOL!
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline English Lady

• Learning
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »

Do you have a problem with break-outs, blackheads, or acne? I do, and I was wondering if using CO would be ok on my skin.
Thanks for any comments from anyone.