Author Topic: Sprains, Torn Ligaments & Injured Joints  (Read 43057 times)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Re: Sprains, Torn Ligaments & Injured Joints
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:14 PM »
Those of you who are my FB friends know that on Thursday night I did something to my knee and I have been in a good bit of pain, and bed since. :P Today I did some reading and discovered that I have 3 things that happened/went wrong. I believe I tore some ligaments, and some cartilage. Plus it looks as though I have fluid in the joint. I had been hoping that it was simply out of place and that as soon as it "popped" back into place like usual I would be pain free and just fine in a few minutes, so to have found out that I have actually injured myself worse than the original injury 5 years ago is quite annoying. Not to mention I can't STAND staying in bed, and it looks like I might be there for a while.  :'(

I have been rubbing in Bone Flesh & Cartilage (now called Complete Tissue and Bone) salve which has the following ingredients; oak bark,
comfrey, leaves, marshmallow root, mullein herb, walnut bark, gravel root, wormwood, lobelia, & skullcap.

I have been using this ever since I.. well I don't know how to describe what happened, I was sitting indian style playing with kittens. When I got up my knee popped out of place and I limped to our bedroom with the help of my sister. Saturday evening it finally popped back into place, but I have still been in pain, although not near as much. Anyway the salve has helped I can tell but I want to know if there is something else that will help and also what kind physical therapy I should be doing?

I found out that if I went to the Dr.s they would just tell me to do what I already am (ice, rest, elevation) plus physical therapy. I want to be out of bed ASAP so please help!!!  :)

Also, taking hot baths has eased the pain a lot, but is it ok for the injury?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »
So sorry for the pain...
As for heat...the usual guidelines are ice for 24 hrs and then heat to comfort.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »

I found out that if I went to the Dr.s they would just tell me to do what I already am (ice, rest, elevation) plus physical therapy. I want to be out of bed ASAP so please help!!!  :)

Also, taking hot baths has eased the pain a lot, but is it ok for the injury?

I tore a ligament in my finger.  Doc said it would 'take time'.  I took mega doses of Cod Liver Oil.  It healed within a couple of weeks, but I could tell a huge difference after 48 hours!

Also, Cod Liver Oil and a mixture of other Omega's in accordance with physical therapy healed the bulging discs in my neck.  Here's a log (including dosages) of that.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,9697.msg93509.html#msg93509

My favorite herb book!!

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
Thanks for the help! I don't have Cod Liver oil, will wheat germ, EVCO, and flax seed oil be enough? I am also taking 6,000 iu of Vit D3 every day and trying to get plenty of vit C.

I have a couple more questions..

1. How long should I rest before beginning physical therapy?

2. Should I be doing complete bed rest, or should I be trying to walk around every now and then? I get so tired of being in bed that I will often walk out to see my grandmother, or see how the remodel on my parents living room is doing. (Dh and I live in an apartment built in between my parents and grandmothers trailers.)

I have noticed that if I do any large amount of walking (with crutches) that afterwards my knee swells, is quite warm to the touch and very painful. Wheras if I rest and only get up to use the restroom my knee feels much better with little pain. It has been 9 days since I hurt it.

Right now if I keep still all I feel is a sensation there, not pain, just that something isn't right. But if I try to walk normally without crutches I am in high pain. (about an 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10) After doing some sort of exercise, and then resting it is about a 2 or 3.

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
I was just yesterday reading on the MSM topic here, and it looks like that is really good for joint pain/injuries, and for pain relief.  Just do a search for MSM.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 03:45:15 AM »
Thanks for the help! I don't have Cod Liver oil, will wheat germ, EVCO, and flax seed oil be enough?
I don't know. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 04:43:32 PM »
The Schulze formula called Deep Tissue Oil is amazing at both pain relief and healing of ligament damage. Check it out.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »
Yesterday I was carrying my 9 mo down the stairs and slipped and fell. It wasn't a bad fall but I landed on my baby's leg, now she won't put any weight on it. I took her to a chiropractor and he said he thought her ankle was sprained but wanted me to get x-rays to be sure. My husband and I are nervous about doing that not only because of the radiation, but also because of child abuse investigation (we don't do immunizations and someone's dog bit her pretty badly last week so her hand is wrapped. It's just been one of those weeks...). So what should we do? Should I try some sort of comfrey poultice or I have some deep tissue cream? Should we wrap it? Or should we get x-rays?

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 10:50:28 AM »
Is she still not putting weight on it today?  Will she touch it to the ground at all?  Does she flinch or cry if it's touched or moved? 

If it were me, I would be inclined to try some deep tissue cream or Arnica and watch her for a few more hours.  If mine were still showing no change throughout the day then I think a trip to an Urgent care center or ER might be in order. 

I might be more worried, however, if there were local pain or swelling or if she were crying a lot.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
She will put her toes on the ground but still no weight today. She doesn't cry or wince or anything! There's no swelling and she moves her foot just fine-that's why I'm not sure what to do. I will try some Deep Tissue on it. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »
I would highly recommend a 1M dose of homeopathic arnica.  Not only will it help heal bruised/swollen parts quickly, it will help her hand as well as her leg.  The other thing would be ledum in a 200C.  It works well for crushing injuries.  Perhaps dose the arnica one day and see how she is the next day then do a dose of the ledum.  Both of these can bring healing quickly. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:46 AM »
I didn't see this til today! Thank you for the advice, I think I have some arnica...she is doing fine now, putting weight on her foot, standing on tip-toe etc. Would you still give her some? I've been rubbing the deep tissue stuff on it. Thanks for all the quick replies! I wish I had seen yours sooner  :-\

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
I would still do both the arnica and ledum b/c they will also help her bitten hand heal faster. :)  Don't put arnica cream on broken skin (her hand).  Do one dose of arnica by mouth today and do a dose of ledum by mouth tomorrow.  Hopefully you can get or have a 200C of each.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.