Author Topic: Are soy candles better to burn than other ones?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline desertmama

• Learning
Are soy candles better to burn than other ones?
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:04:24 PM »
I have heard a little about soy candles being better healthwise to burn than regular candles. I am considering making my own, but a big factor would be if they truly are better. If anyone knows for sure I would love to know.

Offline RB

• Adept
Re: Are soy candles better to burn than other ones?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »
I don't know anything about soy candles, but I   found  a link you may find  interesting. http://ask.yahoo.com/20030207.html
We personally like the beeswax  candles.
Blessing's,
  RB
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:28:55 AM by RB »
Whatsoever things are lovely ...think on these things.  Phil. 4:8

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »
Does anyone have candle recommendations?  I need brands, not scents, as we're pretty sensitive and try to keep it to cinnamon, clove, or some type of mulled pumpkin spice, etc.  Our home needs to feel (smell) a little more home-y, and I've almost come to the end of a votive given to me as a gift. 

I really know nothing about candles, have never bought one, but they come in a variety of prices and I"m wondering if the more expensive ones are worth it and which ones are the most economic (last longest for least money).  For instance, what's the difference in 3 wick pillar versus one wick in a jar, or those warmer things you plug into the wall??? 

And is a scented oil better?  Like I said, I really know NOTHING, so I'd appreciate any opinions you have.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:07:39 AM by ShabbyChic »
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 08:07:11 AM »
Bumpaleuia.  ;D
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:55:43 AM »
I really know nothing about candles, have never bought one................

NEVER?????  geesh!!  wow, that is amazing!!!  :o  i don't make them, but will be watching with interest.  just thought you'd like to know someone is reading your post!!!   ;D 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »
I am wanting to know which is better soy or beeswax and are there any cons with either one of the two?  I guess I am wondering if soy isn't good for us to eat then is it good for us to breath?
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."