Author Topic: Homemade Toothpaste & Other Dental Products  (Read 99455 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Homemade Toothpaste & Other Dental Products
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2010, 06:04:33 AM »
Ok--so now this is particularly weird!  When I was researching about the Detox formula I put together and am taking, I discovered that some people brush their teeth with ACTIVATED CHARCOAL.  What do you think about that. . . . the clay is far reaching enough for me. . . . . but really Charcoal on your teeth. . . . .I have lots of extra and am very tempted to try . . . .
this is not new.  i've heard of it too.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
Agatha Thrash recommends activated charcoal for just about everything, but for brushing she says only use it as an occassional polishing agent.  It can scratch the tooth enamel if used too often or too vigorously.

Neat thing about charcoal is that is rinses right off teeth and gums.  But can you imagine what a commercial for charcoal brushing would look like??

Offline neilbeth

• Learning
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »
i'm trying to figure out how to use this site, so i hope i have the right person for this reply... regarding the natural toothpaste.

how young of a child can use this?
i always heard that peppermint can be bad for young ones' lungs -- too overwhelming to breathe etc.

thanks

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
how young of a child can use this?
there are alot of recipes and ideas on this thread.  could you be more specific with your question?  

if you'd like to quote the message that you were referring to, you can do so by clicking on "reply with quote" and it will add the message to your reply as I did with your note. this might help to clarify your question for others.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline Cimmaron

• Adept
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2011, 04:22:52 AM »
Something like this might already be on here, but here is my recipe for tooth powder.

1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup sea salt
1 T. dried, powdered peppermint leaves or peppermint essential oil to taste
1/2 tsp dried, powdered, pure stevia leaves

I get my brush wet and dip in it.