Author Topic: Asthma (Children & Adults): Causes, Treatments & Cures  (Read 28249 times)

Offline cpsenter

• Adept
Re: Asthma (Children & Adults): Causes, Treatments & Cures
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »
bump
would like to hear more on this too!

Offline intaiwan

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »
a friend here, a veternarian, has two boys ages 3yr and 2yr  (11months apart I think)............anyway, they both have had bad colds and all. Finally, the dr diagnosed them with intermittent asthma and wanted to give them steriods but she doesn't want to obviously.
So (i really should get paid for those asking my help here in Taiwan!!)..............she asked me if I could look it up in English and find some natural ways or supplements to help her kids get better. They have been tested for allergies and don't have allergies at all............their concern was being at the vets office triggering it (they have seen that kids DON'T need to go to kindergarten........mine are all homeschooled!!), but now the kids are with grandparents alot. I will ask about smoking or the incense (the family is not Christian)...........

anyway, any ideas of herbs/tea (I don't know if the kids would drink it though, their oldest is um, stubborn as can be). I don't think they take any supplements right now. It is becoming easier to find stuff in Taiwan. As for Chinese medicine, they rather do some other stuff first (not all  Chinese trust Chinese medicine!!)...

TIA
Deana
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:23:37 PM by healthybratt »

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 04:22:15 PM »
Tsai Chien!  Wait, you probably speak cantonese and not mandarin.  Oh well...  Smells are a huge trigger for me and my sons, as are plants and flowers.  So if Grandma has any parfumes, incense, and flowers they may do well to get rid of them.

Vapors help to open us up, like breathing in salt water steam from the stove, as does breathing into a paper bag when I'm feeling tight in my chest.  Mostly, I try to stop them when I feel the early signs that an attack is coming.  So if there is a way to explain to the kids "When you get the feeling like there's an elephant on your chest, tell us before the attack starts" maybe you can prevent them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:24:17 PM by healthybratt »
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline laurajeanne

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 05:12:27 AM »
My husband has the same issues when he mows the lawn.  He's found that wearing a dust mask while he's mowing has helped keep the allergens from getting into his system quite a bit.  You can get them inexpensively at Home Depot (or probably even Walmart).

I've used eucalyptus oil on a washcloth for my daughter's asthmatic coughing at night, and it usually works pretty well.  I just place it next to her pillow when she goes to bed. 

HTH!

~rm
If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. - C.S. Lewis

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 05:22:03 AM »
I have seen TREMENDOUS success this season using mullein leaf and lobelia to make tea. 

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
O.kay so my husband has asthma related to allergies. every time he mows the front and back yard in the same day he's up all night. thats the only time though. so of course finding the root of the grass allergy and all that stuff is good, but I'm currently just trying to find a remedy. we've tried lobelia, we've tried VERY black caffinated coffee, we've tried mullien tea
(I think that's how you spell it), we've tried inhaling hot water (not with any herbs though, just the steam), he's even tried a shot of rum (someone told him it worked...probably just messin with him, It burned like mad but fixed NOTHING!)...so nothing has worked...the only thing he has seen a LITTLE success with is like over the counter cold/allergy medication, like histamine blockers. Any other ideas for me to try. It breaks my heart to have him up all night, especially cause now that we have kids I can't dote over him like I did before...I'm doing all I can to keep them asleep, forget making coffee and tea and running hot showers for him all night. I read on another thread tea tree/eucalyptus oill...has anyone used this is congunction with allergy related asthma...o.kay I know alll my speeling is way off tonight...either due to typos or being too tired or not smart enough  ;) to spell right (hey I was homeschooled  ;) what can you expect?  ;) ) so I'm hoping everyone can still understand what I'm trying to say! thnks ladies

My husband used to have really bad problems with dust.  He recently did the master cleanse and has not had any problems since.

The other thing that used to help him was doing a vitamin C flush.  We read about it somewhere but can't remember where now.  He would get a bottle of vitamin C from a health food store and take about half of it with water over a weekend.  He didn't eat meat or processed foods that weekend--I think only raw vegetables.  (It's been awhile.) 
My guess is that it flushed out his system.  Anway, he wouldn't have any problems for three or four months after that.  We weren't eating very healthy then, so it might have lasted longer had we eaten better. :-\

I wish I could remember better how much C he took over the weekend.  I know it was supposed to be the good powerful stuff.

Don't know if this will help your dh any.  You just feel so sorry for them when the allergies attack. :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:12:17 AM by floydian »
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »
Along those vit. C lines...I read in 'Sinus Survival' long ago (and it worked for me) to take high doses of Ester C (like three each meal) and it would cure yeast issues.  I did this (C is not toxic and your body will just expell what it doesn't use) and got pregnant within a month (I was so full of yeast I was infertile) and have never had allergy or asthma symptoms to that degree since.  It didn't cure me but made me much better and less sensitive to things!  It works well when I feel a sinus infection coming on and catch it quick and lessens the duration.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
ShabbyChic, what proportions of mullein and lobelia are you using, and how long are you steeping? 

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 04:18:57 AM »
I got them from Bulk herb store.  I wrap about 3T of Mullein and 1T of Lobelia in cheesecloth and tie it up with dental floss.  I need to buy some cooking twine.  The first batch I used equal parts mullein and lobelia and it was overwhelmingly strong so I cut back.

I steep it in a gallon of water for around 3 hours.  I just bring it to a boil and then turn it off and let it sit.  Then I pour it into a gallon milk jug and keep it in the fridge.

If you drink it hot it helps with an asthma attack.  It REALLY opens you up.  The lobelia actually has a real kick and it is what I imagine smoking a cigarette to be like.  I break it with some fruit juice to make it more palatable for the kids (and serve it cold) when their eyes are watery and they have that sinus cough.  "A tickle in their throat." 

Hope this helps!  It's worth it, and it lasts a long time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 04:20:57 AM by ShabbyChic »

Offline negeland

• Learning
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 07:50:45 AM »
Mowing is pretty harsh for a grass allergic person. Poor guy! My dh and youngest son are allergic to grass, too. I have to second the mask idea. They really do help. You can get differernt levels of filtration. They even make some that are sort of flesh colored so they aren't as obvious  ;)

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 12:37:06 PM »
Add some avocado.  It'll turn it green like war paint.  That'll definitely be fun to paint on your face if you're a kid!

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »
I'm posting this in the asthma thread as well as the swallowing coins thread just as an FYI to mothers with very young children (under 3 mostly) that are diagnosed with asthma.  It  is just another thing to consider.  A swallowed coin in the esophagus can be seen in an x-ray and the symptoms are similar to asthma. 

This is my story this week, and I hope it will help someone.  Our son (17 months old) developed pneumonia at the beginning of the week.  I took him into the minor emergency center on Tuesday morning because his breathing was so labored.  We suspected pneumonia, but the x-ray showed us more.  He had a coin lodged in his throat.  We rode in the ambulance to the hospital and that afternoon he had a scope put down his throat while he was sedated.  The doctor, an old and well experienced gasto-enterologist, could see no coin.  They suspected it had dislodged and gone down to his stomach.  The follow up x-rays showed it in exactly the same spot as before.  A second procedure was done with him totally knocked out.  After a lot of looking the second surgeon finally found it, and after a lot more work was able to extract the penny.  The next day they were going to do more x-rays after giving him barium to see if there was a hole in the esophagus.  Considering that the surgeon barely found the penny, it was highly suspected that he did.  They weren't able to do the test because they couldn't get the barium into him that morning.  Though it was hard to have to wait another day, I think the Lord used that extra day to heal the hole as we had been praying for him to be healed.  The second morning they administered the test, and there was no hole.  We are home now, continuing to treat the pneumonia and trying to find things to soothe his throat and reduce scarring.

I write all this because we never knew he had swallowed the penny.  If what I suspect is true, he had had it in there for months for it to have worked its' way so deeply into the esophagial tissue.  There were signs, but I didn't know to suspect that he had something stuck in his throat.  The pneumonia was related to having gotten RSV late last week, not the coin.  It was a blessing since it helped us find out what was the matter.  He had gotten pretty sick with a respiratory infection a while back.  Sometime shortly after that he developed persistent congestion.  It would get better and worse at times, but never went away.  It was a general raspy sound in his breathing.  He seemed to be really picky about what he ate, much more so that our other kids were at that age.  It was also really hard to get him to drink well.  In my mind I had connected the getting sick with the ongoing congestion, but there was enough time between the two that the initial sickness was probably unrelated to the ongoing congestion.  I tried everything I could think of to help him get better and I have been trying to find a doctor for the past few months to take him to and figure out the cause of all his congestion.  In reading about coins getting stuck in the throat in the last day or so, his symptoms were classic for a young child that has a coin stuck in his throat: raspy breathing, difficulty swallowing liquids (but not necessarily solids), lots of congestion and frequent coughing.  It is sometimes misdiagnosed as asthma.  Coins getting stuck is much more common than I had ever thought.  Hopefully someone else can read this and help another child in the future.  I am so thankful that he is getting better now and grateful for the Lord's mercy in watching over him while he had the penny in his throat so long. 

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »
Okay. I'd like to revive this thread. I have had asthma all my life, and am now dealing with it in my son (almost 4). Right now our family has a very bad cold. My lungs are tighter than they've been in years, and my son isn't fairing much better. We have inhalers, a nebulizer, lobelia tincture, and I make herbal teas using things like comfrey, mullein, and lobelia. I don't have wild cherry bark, but I know of it.

ANYWAY. I was reading in Dr Christopher's book School of Natural Healing, and he tells a story about how he used lobelia as an emetic to cure an older man (asthma sufferer for 26 years) of his asthma. He helped the man drink some peppermint tea first (to prepare his stomach) and then, ten minutes later, began administering 1 tsp. of lobelia tincture. It sounds like he gave him 3 doses, ten minutes apart each. Then he got ready for the guy to vomit, and he did, for 3 hours! According to the biography he walked away healed.

This sounds good to me! Not the vomiting, but the healed part. It's pretty radical, but would it work? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Would your success depend on what your trigger is? This man had a build up of mucus in his body, it seems. My asthma is allergy and exercise induced, and respiratory illnesses of course. We definitely have mucus in our systems, and I think we're having a lot harder time getting over it than my daughter, who does not seem to have asthma...

That was long. In a nutshell... ANYONE HEARD OF BARFING AWAY ASTHMA?

YoopreMama

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 02:44:05 AM »
I've heard that same scenario from Dr. Schulze.   :o  Lobelia is the respiratory herb.   8)  Also called pukeweed or vomitwort b/c of its ability to induce such events.  ;)

Have you looked at the whole category of anti-catarrhal herbs?  They help remove excessive mucus, generally from the upper respiratory tract. Mucus is generally produced in the body's effort to remove infective organisms or to remove excessive carbohydrates. Some of these herbs make the mucus more watery so it is easier to expel, others decrease production.

Anti-catarrhal herbs (the less exotic ones)--Practical Herbalism:

angelica
anise (infants)
barberry
bayberry
bittersweet
black walnut
borage
burdock
capsicum (cayenne)
cloves
coltsfoot
comfrey
coriander
dill seed
Echinacea
elder
eyebright
fennel seeds
figs
flax seeds
garlic
ginger
horseradish (so that Power tonic is good for this)
hyssop
juniper berries
lemon
lobelia
lungwort
marshmallow
milk thistle
mullein
pleurisy root (butterfly weed)
raisins
safflower
sage
sarsaparilla
sorrel
thyme
vinegar and honey
wild cherry
wild yam
wintergreen
yarrow
yerba santa

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:48:48 AM by Yooper »

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 02:08:36 PM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 09:41:32 AM »
I checked out the link you suggested, and it sounds very interesting, but I don't live on the east coast and have no way of getting a hold of that herb. I am familiar with many pulmonary herbs, and have several. I wish I had wild cherry bark and elecampane (sp), but I don't. I can't even get to a health store. My favorite syrup is made by Honey Gardens, and I wish I had some right now.

We are doing everything in our arsenal. I'm using comfrey, mullein, and lobelia in tea form. Lobelia tincture. Steamy bathroom. Garlic. Ginger in honey. Inhaler. Nebulizer (saline and/or albuterol). And eucalyptus oil. I was up with my son for an hour last night and he still couldn't lay down without hacking almost to the point of vomiting (I almost hoped he would, just to see if it would help!). My asthma is so flared up that it took all I had to help him, and then I still had to deal with my own symptoms. After everything, two puffs on the inhaler, I laid down with a cloth sprinkled with eucalyptus oil close to my face...finally I fell asleep.

So, if anyone knows anything about Dr Christopher's idea of taking lobelia until you vomit, to clear up asthma, let me know. My husband is out of town, but when he gets home I'm going to run the idea by him, and see what he thinks of me trying it  :-\ I am truely desperate, I know.

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
Okay. Haven't tried the vomiting thing yet, but I've found a pattern:

Breathing treatments and inhalers are not helping with our asthma during this cold. I think I know why!! This cold has produced a ton of mucus that is trapped in our lungs. All our body's efforts to expel it have triggered an asthmatic response (inflammation), so that we actually cannot get the mucus out. I have tried so many things for days. Now I'm thinking we're going to get pneumonia.

I discovered last night and today, that if we use the inhaler, our lungs open for a bit and we have a productive cough. All the coughing eventually causes our airways to close again. If I give something right after the inhaler, something to break up the phlegm (breathing eucalyptus oil, or Dr. Schulz's Throat & Tonsil formula), then our airways stay open longer.

My mom is suggesting Prednison (sp). It will work a lot faster and, at this point, more thoroughly than what I'm doing.

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »
It must be asthma season, or something. My daughter had 4 serious asthma attacks here just a couple weeks ago or so....really scared us. I was ready to take her in to the ER at one point.

I came across a small herbal newsletter (can't remember where) that said that ginseng is very valuable against asthma. I thought to myself 'I'm gonna try that soon,' and we did. Her next attack, we mixed up a hot cup of ginseng tea (tasted yucky so we paired it with an echinacea/mint blend), and I was amazed at the results. Her asthma immediately seemed to improve, and she was more relaxed, and had an easier time getting her air. We used it after every attack after that, and had great results each time. Her asthma did not completely go away,but at least she could get some air and not feel as anxious. We keep some on hand at all times (ginseng).

What we are doing here lately: Completely took her off milk, raw, store-bought, milk of any kind. Just puts too much mucous in the body. Took her off wheat, a trigger for her eczema. Giving her: 500 mg. magnesium w/ a tablespoon of fish oil a day, Three-Lac, colostrum, detox products including bentonite clay and MMS and having her drink a TON of water.

Using this aggressive approach, she has not had an asthma attack since. We're going to keep this up for awhile, since it takes a long time to actually get the body free of mucous and get inflammation down to low levels.

Asthma can be a scary thing, but I think we're learning to manage it better.

Jeniwren, I've never heard of vomiting to get rid of asthma, but I know when my kids were little, after they would vomit a ton of mucous, they always did feel better.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:16:37 PM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
Ginseng for asthma is not something I've heard if before, but I'm willing to try it. We're having some luck with eucalyptus oil (inhaling it close to the face, especially right after a shot on the inhaler). I know that stress can be a trigger for asthma, and when my son cries, his lungs tighten up even more. If the ginseng would help to relax him, that would be great.

I haven't taken us to the doctor for a steroid yet, and I haven't tried the vomiting thing either (a little chicken!). We're improved some today, so I'm hoping the mucous is clearing up with all that we're doing, and more aggressive measures wont be necessary.

I also have stopped all dairy, for everyone, and I'm trying to keep everyone calm. Hard to do when little feet ache for entertainment!

How to get an infant to expel mucous? I'm giving my 8 month old Dr Schulz's Intestinal #3 in the hopes that he'll eliminate it that way, but he's not getting it out very quickly. I'm kind of afraid of giving him too much.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
I know this is kind of an old thread but I am wondering if there are any herbs that you can give really young children (18 months) as sort of a preventative to asthma attacks.   How much Mullien/Lobellia tea would you give one that young and could you use it as a preventative or just when they are having an attack?
Thanks.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 04:21:20 AM »
I'd start with VERY small doses with one that young.  Like drops at a time and work up to tablespoons after I checked the effect or in case of sensitivity.  It works well in our house but makes most of us nauseous.  I wouldn't want them not to want to take it in the future.  I'd also dilute it so the 'bite' it has is a little less harsh.

JMO

T

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »
You can make pillows out of Rabbit Tobacco flowers, for them to sleep on. I haven't tried it, but it's traditional thing done for asthmatics.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »
I don't know if this will be helpful for  anyone at all, but we found with my husband that the lobelia, rum, coffee, mullien, etc NONE of it worked. Finally we tied it to him mowing the grass. We gave him an anti histamine and wouldn't have a  problem. Finally I found that Nettle is a natural anti histamine and he would take several droppers of that after mowing the grass and avoid problems.
I DO have a question about my daughter though. She is almost 3. We all had a cold/cough last week but were all better by Tuesday. She hardly even got it. Anyways, starting Sat or Sun night she would wake up and cough this has continued each night and last night she was up several tmes coughng. Today  noticed she coughed a bit during the day too and she had a bit of coughing as she woke up from her nap. She really wanted to go for a walk and about 1/2 way around the block started coughing again. I'm guessing this must be allergy related as well? I'm not super familar w/ asthma Only my hubby. But its weird its a super dry cough and its almost like someone is pushing the cough up her chest or someone is sitting on her chest. Its very strange. I'm not sure how to describe it. Very dry though. She doesn't seem to freak out, it just seems obnoxious and she can't talk when it is happening. Like when she woke up from her nap she'd cough cough, stop, I'd ask her a question and she couldn't answer...she would try to talk and just start coughing?! Anyways, I'm just trying to get some thoughts on if this sounds like asthma would sound like or what?! NO wheezing...any thoughts!! i hate seeing my "baby" like this. I'm 7 months preggo and its taxing on the sleep!! She has an issue about every two hours and it takes us both about 30-45 minutes to fall back to sleep!!! ::sigh:: we're both pretty tired (and grouchy! ;)) any thoughts?

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 06:20:33 AM »
It doesn't sound like my athsma symptoms but it does sound like she's inhaling an allergen.  In what region do you live?  The hurricane that just came through the south brought with it stuff we've never seen before.  They pick up air and dust from everywhere they've been and it swirls around and brings in things we've never been exposed to and dumps it on us.  That seems to be a trigger in our home now.  It's also getting to be leaf season so it could just be a large particle allergen for her.  Maybe you could try some colloidal silver or diluted FOOD GRADE peroxide in a nebulizer to draw it out or kill any bacteria.  Those are just my thoughts...

T

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »
Thank you T!!! I showed my mom a video of her coughing today and she said the same thing...doesn't sound like asthma!! phew!!! Is coughing ever related to asthma or is it more breathing trouble (that's what my hubs has when his asthma starts up) hard time breathing.
Do you have a particular kind of nebulizer you'd recommend. I've considered getting one but know NOTHING about them!!! I also had a friend mention you have to be super careful cause you can wind up sending in more bacteria and making things worse! :O Kinda freaked me out and i stopped the nebulzier search :D

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
We got our nebulizer through our pediatrician/insurance before I started looking into natural things.  It's just an electric air pump with a mask.  My youngest had lots of problems with croup and we only used the steroid in it maybe once.  We started him on saline solution in it and it knocked out the croup.  From all my research, saline, colloidal silver and hydrogen peroxide are all bacteria inhibitors and I wouldn't worry about it harboring any.  Keep it clean and it shouldn't be a problem.  Ours is an 'evo' SportNeb.  I would imagine you could purchase one on line or at a medical supply store.  If you have good insurance, ask the doctor if they can get you one and tell them you want to use the saline in it.  Some people have to get a perscription for that but we never have.

Oh yeah, the coughing only usually comes with croup or colds for us and not necessarily with asthma.  It can happen but that's more a constriction that just won't let you breath well.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:31:22 AM by T »

Offline alii

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 08:08:10 AM »
Okay. I'd like to revive this thread. I have had asthma all my life, and am now dealing with it in my son (almost 4). Right now our family has a very bad cold. My lungs are tighter than they've been in years, and my son isn't fairing much better. We have inhalers, a nebulizer, lobelia tincture, and I make herbal teas using things like comfrey, mullein, and lobelia. I don't have wild cherry bark, but I know of it.

ANYWAY. I was reading in Dr Christopher's book School of Natural Healing, and he tells a story about how he used lobelia as an emetic to cure an older man (asthma sufferer for 26 years) of his asthma. He helped the man drink some peppermint tea first (to prepare his stomach) and then, ten minutes later, began administering 1 tsp. of lobelia tincture. It sounds like he gave him 3 doses, ten minutes apart each. Then he got ready for the guy to vomit, and he did, for 3 hours! According to the biography he walked away healed.

This sounds good to me! Not the vomiting, but the healed part. It's pretty radical, but would it work? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Would your success depend on what your trigger is? This man had a build up of mucus in his body, it seems. My asthma is allergy and exercise induced, and respiratory illnesses of course. We definitely have mucus in our systems, and I think we're having a lot harder time getting over it than my daughter, who does not seem to have asthma...

That was long. In a nutshell... ANYONE HEARD OF BARFING AWAY ASTHMA?

i havent had asthma until recently, and its getting worse every day, i have asthma attacks at least three to four times a week, and it really scares me. but im willing to try the lobelia treatment suggested by Dr. Christopher in the book School of Natural Healing, i will post my results in a coupple of days for those who want to fallow up on the results.

Offline alii

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:37 AM »
so i have tried using the lobelia treatment (taking three teaspoons within thirty min) but nothing happened. i waited and waited, and ended up taking a few more teaspoons and got tired of waiting so i went to sleep. didnt throw anything up, but i did feel a slight better in the morning. so i always carry around with me a small bottle of the tincture and take a teaspoon once in awhile.