Author Topic: Coconut Oil: Good Brands and Good Deals/Sales  (Read 94828 times)

Offline Julia

• Master
Re: Coconut Oil: Good Brands and Good Deals/Sales
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »
I have the Soaper's Choice kind, too, and as it melts at 76 degrees, you really don't need all that warm of water, I just put some warm water in my sink and lay it on it's side with something to hold the spout out of the water. Then I can pour some off into a jar. I guess if I was pouring it all out at once I may try to heat the whole thing but a little at a time works well for me and then I figure the plastic isn't getting as hot.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
Here's my summary of what happened with the Assured Organics/Nature's Approved order.  You may want to read it before considering ordering from them... :(  Hope the link works...

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3606.msg211962.html#msg211962
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:27:49 PM by T »

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2009, 04:07:18 PM »
Has anyone seen any good sales lately?  I checked the Soaper's Choice site and am having trouble deciphering which on is EVCO.  Any insight?
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »
I always buy my CCO from Tropical Traditions (www.tropicaltraditions.com)
They send out a weekly email with deals and such. Sometimes they even have free shipping (that is when I buy my grain from them).   I trust their company and they claim to be Christians too! I find their products high in quality and very delicious. I buy their Virgin and Expeller pressed in 5 gallon pails. They also carry Palm Oil and other good products, plus a whole line of lotios and creams, deoderants and toothpaste. Hope this helps.
TEnnille

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
Has anyone seen any good sales lately?  I checked the Soaper's Choice site and am having trouble deciphering which on is EVCO.  Any insight?

It's listed as...
Coconut Oil - Extra Virgin Organic ($3.90 per pound)
7 Pound Bottle

On this page http://www.soaperschoice.com/cgi-soaperschoice/Web_store/web_store.cgi?query_price_low_range=0&cart_id=

WR
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:06:41 AM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »
I used to find the best deals for Coconut oil on the Wilderness Family Naturals website, but last I knew they were not selling the extra virgin oil, and were saying they were going to start selling something even better.  I do think, but can't say for sure, that what they were selling was from Tropical Traditions anyway.  Have gone back to that site to buy mine - great stuff!

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2009, 01:08:17 PM »
Thank you WR!
It's listed as...
Coconut Oil - Extra Virgin Organic ($3.90 per pound)
7 Pound Bottle

On this page http://www.soaperschoice.com/cgi-soaperschoice/Web_store/web_store.cgi?query_price_low_range=0&cart_id=

WR
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:30 AM »
guess what ladies...my friend just pointed out NUTIVA.com has their 1 gallon for 39.99 w/ free shipping after 30 or 4 1gallons for 150 free shipping again..
I've used nutiva and it seems similar to MRH. looks like its what we like, unrefined, organic, cold pressed, etc....check it out!

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2009, 08:53:25 AM »
I actually just bought nutiva coconut oil (29 oz) at our local health food store for almost half its normal price (I am pretty sure it was around 12.00).  Anyway - if you don't want to order online, your local health food store might be running a similar sale to what the manufacturer is online.

The lady that I spoke with at the health food store said that nutiva is her favorite brand of coconut oil, too.   :)

Offline Monita

• Adept
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2009, 02:37:04 AM »
Would like to buy some CO and have some in my cart at amazon but am confused about which type to get.  One is organic, expeller pressed and one is organic extra virgin Centrifuge Extracted.  They both are from wilderness family and both 1 gal. but the EV is double the price.  Also, the EV has a smell and taste the ther type does not.  Is the tastless one what I would use to make goot, cook with, eat.........
Or is this the kind you make soap with?  Thank for any help on this before I buy.

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2009, 08:22:23 AM »
You want the one that smells/tastes like coconut, if it's for eating. It's the least processed. The odorless oil is for soapmaking. Hope that helps!  :)
Wife to a wonderful Mr. Command, and mommy to 5 sweet little ones!

Visit http://hyenacart.com/SunnyDayBabies/ where I sell cloth diapers and more!
WTM members recieve 10% off with the code WTM0409!

Offline Graham Gardens

• Learning
    • Graham Gardens
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »
Amazon is running their good deal on Nutiva brand coconut oil right now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nutiva+coconut+oil&x=0&y=0

HTH
Wholesome skin care products that really work.  Really!

www.grahamgardens.com

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »
Amazon is running their good deal on Nutiva brand coconut oil right now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nutiva+coconut+oil&x=0&y=0

HTH
Just for your info..........if you go to the Nutiva web site www.nutiva.com  you can get a gallon of coconut oil for $49.99.  They offer free shipping on orders over $30   That is cheaper than the offers I saw on Amazon.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2010, 04:55:40 PM »
I get a lot of emails from Tropical Traditions about coconut oil.
I LOVE their natural lotion.

They are having some big sales right now.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/

Offline Wind_Dancer

• {Queen Lucy the Valient}
  • Learning
  • Little sister to CrimsonRose
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Is this a good deal for Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil? It's two 54 oz. containers for $40.16, which makes it $0.37 an ounce.

Wind_Dancer

God Bless The Troops!

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
Soapers' Choice is .30 an ounce and that includes shipping. It is supposedly high-quality, unprocessed coconut oil. I think it's $27 for a gallon with $7 shipping.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2010, 05:23:41 AM »
Is this a good deal for Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil? It's two 54 oz. containers for $40.16, which makes it $0.37 an ounce.

Wind_Dancer

that's not awful.  i pay about this or less at iherb.com.  i get the 54 oz containers for 16.99 to 19.99 depending on what sales are running.  i usually spend enough at one time to get free shipping - runs $40-$60 (free shipping) depending on the month.  it's usually $4 flat for other orders.

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Extra-Virgin-Coconut-Oil-54-oz-1532-g/7311?at=0

i just checked and they've uped it to $24.  i've noticed the prices on all my favs is going up - inflation - go figure.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2010, 05:26:32 AM »
Soapers' Choice is .30 an ounce and that includes shipping. It is supposedly high-quality, unprocessed coconut oil. I think it's $27 for a gallon with $7 shipping.
is it organic?  nutiva is organic. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »
is it organic?  nutiva is organic. 
Yes, the one Julia price quoted is organic. They have cheaper non-organic choices as well.

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, yes, it is organic extra virgin. I believe there is discussion about the quality earlier in this thread. It is supposedly as high quality as any of the rest of it, even though it's primarily sold for soapmaking.

Offline MyTwoCents

• Learning
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
Ok I want to order some coconut oil, my first big order :-[ I once bought a 8oz jar and it lasted me 2 Years! That was before I ever heard of WTM ::) Anyway I'm a little (a lot) confused as to what to get. I don't want to have everything tasting like coconut, but I want the goodness of it. Would you just get the Expeller Pressed for baking and the Extra Virgin for smoothies? So far it seems Wilderness Family Naturals would be the best way to go. Could anyone give me their input? Please :-[ :) :-\

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
I buy a case of c.o. directly from Nutiva -- 6 containers, 54 oz each, and the price worked out to $0.56 / oz. 

Some of the other suppliers mentioned on this thread give similar prices.

Offline Eglantine

• Learning
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2013, 04:46:10 PM »
Can anybody tell me the latest good deal on CO? I'm ready to buy a 5 gallon. I'm looking for the highest quality - coconut taste and smell is great.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:41 AM »
I only buy Nutiva because of the taste, smell, and in my opinion, quality.  The others smell and taste chemically to me and they are fair trade and sustainable oriented.  They ship free over $39 (I think that's the price) and the 5 gallon is a bargain (considering you're spending that much $).  Do a search for a coupon code that will give you an additional % off.  Just type in Nutiva coupon code in your search engine.  There is usually a % off for purchasing the large amount.  Both % off will apply.  Hope that helps you with your decision!

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
Costco now has Nutivia coconut oil. 78 oz for $22 but everything up here is more than other places in lower 48 so it may be even less if you live down there. This is over $.10 less per oz then even the 5 gallons from nutivia. I LOVE LOVE this stuff!