Author Topic: The Water Cure  (Read 142410 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: The Water Cure
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 03:21:14 PM »
Am I the only one on the history of Well Tell Me to GAIN weight on the water cure?  I am trying to figure out what it was that happened.  The only thing that I can think of is we have a whole house water filtration system and it also has a water softener.  Now, we use salt to soften it.  Is my body absorbing too much salt?  I asked the gentelman who owns the water company and he says that your body does not absorb any of the salt that goes through the systerm.  Don't know if I believe that.  Unless there is some scientifical process that the water gets softened with the salt and then eliminated through the filters, again. I just don't know.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »
Am I the only one on the history of Well Tell Me to GAIN weight on the water cure?  I am trying to figure out what it was that happened.  The only thing that I can think of is we have a whole house water filtration system and it also has a water softener.  Now, we use salt to soften it.  Is my body absorbing too much salt?  I asked the gentelman who owns the water company and he says that your body does not absorb any of the salt that goes through the systerm.  Don't know if I believe that.  Unless there is some scientifical process that the water gets softened with the salt and then eliminated through the filters, again. I just don't know.

If you have an R/O, this will take out all the salt and other impurities to 99% IF it's a good R/O.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 10:15:03 PM »
Hey Bajusaboard,

I tried to figure out my ounce in water and added the sea salt to it.  I did not think it was TOO bad.  Not the greatest but doable.  I have been trying to drink more water (instead of tea or soda) lately anyways.  So I will need to add just a couple of more ounces to my normal intake and that will be my Water Cure.  Yeah!  Do you add just 1/4 tsp to your 1 quart?  Is that right? 

From one salty beach girl to another.     :D

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 11:13:54 PM »
healthyinOhio,
I do not believe you are supposed to drink softened water.  I read somewhere that the cancer rates are high to those with water softeners.  I am assuming it is the consumption of the softened water and not the shower! :)   We just installed a water softener but my hubby piped in hard water to the reverse osmosis and a couple of the outside taps (to water the plants).  If you can, I would try to bypass the system for your drinking water. 
The company here also said that they soften the whole house- drinking water and all, but ya, like I am going to put my health in their hands!   ;)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:13 AM »
Thanks Mishy,

I have seriously been considering the water softener thing, too, lately.  But I had  no evidence to back anything up.  Now, I will show this to my husband and see what we can do.  I really appreciate your input.  I will let you know what happens.  Thanks.  Would love to keep the soft water for the shower and the laundry, but not for drinking.  Thanks, again!!

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2006, 05:02:22 AM »
Hey Bajusaboard,

I tried to figure out my ounce in water and added the sea salt to it.  I did not think it was TOO bad.  Not the greatest but doable.  I have been trying to drink more water (instead of tea or soda) lately anyways.  So I will need to add just a couple of more ounces to my normal intake and that will be my Water Cure.  Yeah!  Do you add just 1/4 tsp to your 1 quart?  Is that right? 

From one salty beach girl to another.     :D

yes ma'am!  1/4 tsp per 1 qt water.  Happy slurping!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline 4my3rascals

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2006, 04:22:14 PM »
Someone asked "What is the salt for?"   I would speculate the salt keeps the bodies electrolites in balance.

1N1is6

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »
OK- I'll admit to not reading the links on the water cure- just the posts. I started drinking my water this morning w/o the salt and have had a HUGE headache all afternoon. Is this a sign of toxins leaving, and what ARE those signs?
Thanks a bunch!!
~Heidi

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
In the book Water the Ultimate Cure, Steve Meyerowitz says that salt is needed to maintain the pressure you need to transport nutrients and waste to and from the cells. It also helps the cells communicate through hydroelectric activity. The salt acts as a buffer against dehydration and helps to ensure energy gets to the cells and muscles.

So, if you go without salt it would seem that you are preventing your body from carrying off toxins efficiently as well as interrupting other needed processes. I imagine that would leave you feeling pretty yucky.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

1N1is6

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 03:51:07 AM »
Wow! That explains It! Hmm,...maybe following directions DOES make a difference, huh?? :-[

I'll go get the salt right now! Does anyone know if it's a health store purchase or Walmart item?
 ~ water-logged Heidi~ :D

Offline heatherj

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2006, 03:46:55 AM »
Hi, I bought my salt from a health food store.  The brand is Redmond Real Salt.  It has the brown flecks in it.  I don't know if you can find all natural sea salt at Wal-Mart.  -Heather

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2006, 06:58:13 AM »
I got my salt at the local Woodman's grocery store in the natural food section. It's Eden brand, and all of the salt is a light grayish color with some darker flecks.
-VM

Offline jenrookle

• Learning
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 04:33:02 PM »

BeeyoutifulGirl wrote

The water should be free of flouride and chlorine.

I saw the Berkey Lite water purification system at the bulkherbstore site and was wondering if you know if water from filtered though that system would qualify as chlorine and flouride free?    I think the site said something about the water maintaining it's healthy mineral content, but I wasn't sure about these.

I live in an old house and I don't trust the water quality from the old pipes  (a plumber came recently and I SAW what they look like on the inside....  Yuck! )   Before I do a cleanse of any kind, I just want to solve the water problem in the house first.   I could install filters, water purifiers, etc. but I don't even know which kind is best and if I get the Berkey  Lite, I can take it with me if we move.

Thanks,

Jenny

Offline jenrookle

• Learning
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 07:35:27 AM »
What is the salt for?
Maria

Sorry if someone has already answered this question, but I just don't seem to see it.  Someone somewhere else on this thread  (can't find it either) said that it seems like so much salt would be bad for you....hypertension, blood pressure, water retention....  Isn't that what we've always heard? 

If someone's answered what the salt is for and why such high salt consumption would not be a problem, would you please point it out to me?   I need quick answers so i don't spend too much of my time online....I'm spending far too much trying to research this and my kids need me.

Also, does the salt need to be iodine free for the water cure?  (How about the Master Cleanse...) Someone else asked that question and I haven't seen it answered yet.  Too much iodine doesn't seem like a good thing either.

(I'd like to know how to be notified of an answer to a question that someone else posted so i don't have to ask it again or keep checking all the time.  I see the Notify me of replies when I make my own posts, but can I do it for someone else's post?  How?)

Thanks for your help.

jenny

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006, 11:52:02 AM »
Follow the links about the Water Cure to read more about it. My grandmother has high blood pressure and is doing the Water Cure with no rise in bp.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:54:11 AM by BeeyoutifulGirl »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline vinniesgirl

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2006, 08:17:56 AM »
Hi, I've been reading all these posts and the links about the water cure and it looks like something I want to try as I am nursing and want to be for a while.....  Question, and I apologize if this has been asked--I couldn't find it anywhere-  is there any kind of diet requirements along with it?   ???

By the way, I absolutely loooove the supermoms.

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »
I have tried several times to do the Water Cure.  The first time was the most successful I had one or two days where I just felt kind of yuck and like I was coming down with something.  I didn't keep up with it after about a week as we had out of town company and did some running around (I didn't want to be in the bathroom the whole time :P).  The next two times I've tried it, I get TERRIBLY nauseous and dizzy and can't even function.  I don't think that it is detox as I am fairly healthy.  I can handle some detox symptoms, but I have five kids and a hubby to care for, I can't be in bed for days!!  Does anyone have any insight as to what may be going on?  I want to do the Master Cleanse, but after reading what happend to HB, I got scared, I have to be somewhat functional!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2006, 01:40:27 PM »
I want to do the Master Cleanse, but after reading what happend to HB, I got scared, I have to be somewhat functional!

Don't let it scare you.  If it's not working for you, all you have to do is break the fast.  After I ate 2 small meals, I was feeling pretty much back to normal.  I intend to try the fast again one of these days, but it will take some time to psyche myself up for it again.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2006, 06:35:12 PM »
Okay, I was up tonight looking for a salt brine recipe for some squirrel meat that my husband caught today, BLECH, gross, don't ask!! :P  Anyways, this site showed how to make a brine to drink for health reasons.  It is a different recipe than the one we are used to, but it had some interesting tips that I thought I would share. 
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/salt/brine.html

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2006, 06:36:01 AM »
Help, I just started the water cure today, I took my salt in 1 cup of water(can't stand it in the whole quart) with 1/2 a lemon juiced and then drank 1 qt of water afterward.  I have since drank 1 more quart of plain water and I STILL taste salt.  I drank my salt & water at about 7:15 and it is now 10:30 my time.    My mouth feels really dry, I know its supposed to make me thirsty, but I am wanting to drink yet another qt of water.  My alotment of water is almost 100 oz with the salt but can I drink up to that much plain water too?  Will drinking 2 gallons of water hurt or help? 

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
Just bumping this up because I want to know if all of y'all am or were as thirsty as I am right now!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2006, 11:34:16 AM »
I have not noticed my mouth being dry or being overly thirsty.  I have been doing the cure since July.  I kind of like it.  :o  I feel funny drinking my water w/o now.  Course after I drink my allotment I don't add it in.  Not to insult your intelligence but are you sure you are using the right kind of salt?

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »
I thought that too,
I got Morton Sea Salt.  It's really course like rock salt, and it does not have the iodide in it it says. 

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2006, 01:16:34 PM »
K. I'm thinkin' that's the wrong kind.  You need unrefined sea salt. Some say it looks grey.  Mine lookds like it has sand in it or is sand.  HTH  :)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2006, 02:44:27 PM »
Well, the sea salt I use is not grey, but pink.  It is called Himalayan Pink Sea Salt.  I am thinking that this is okay, since it has color in it.  Which would mean it is not refined.  Right?

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2006, 03:53:19 PM »
Yep, I probably got the wrong kind....I thought it was too easy to go to walmart and buy it for 1.89...hee-hee....Mine is white but course.  I guess I'll make a trip to the Nutrition Center tomorrow for some Unrefined sea salt.  Oh well, I guess all in all it's made me drink 2 gallons of water today and go to the bathroom over 25 times...:o(I lost count after that, or I just really didn't feel like it was worth it...)   :D  Anyways...thanks for all the help.  I feel like I've eaten an entire bag of chips or something...just dry and salty....You guys are great...Laugh, Laugh, Laugh...at least I didn't pull a beka,,,,(1/4 teaspoon per glass)  but close enough right?....:)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline lovetolearn

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2006, 04:32:48 PM »
For those of you who have lost weight on the water cure, how long did it take for you to see some results?  I am nursing right now so I wonder if that will slow my weight loss- I've lost my pregnancy weight but I started off heavier than my ideal so I'm trying to lose the extra...

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2006, 07:30:01 AM »
For those of you who have lost weight on the water cure, how long did it take for you to see some results?  I am nursing right now so I wonder if that will slow my weight loss- I've lost my pregnancy weight but I started off heavier than my ideal so I'm trying to lose the extra...

I don't know if i've lost weight (don't own a scale) but I DO fit into all my old pants now!!!! YEAH!!!! (I too am nursing)   I've also given up candy, ice cream  :'(, white sugar and white flour.  I think this, in conjunction with the Water Cure has helped me "shrink."  Plus, I actually feel better.  I don't feel bloated and believe it or not, I don't feel fat!  Hah!

I've been doing the water cure off and on (right now I'm off...) for a while.  In June is when I started; I ended the junk foor then too, and within a week I felt better.  Then, old habits crept back in.  Now, I've been off junk for a month - about a week into that I felt better too.  I really think a big part of it all was the removal of icky (though yummy) foods while doing the water cure.  That way, all the bad stuff in my body could exit and I wasn't putting any more "bad" in! 

This is just my experience, though!  :D
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline greenbean

• Learning
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 07:30:54 AM »
I have been searching for the right kind of salt to use for the water cure - can anyone tell me if "Redmond Real Salt" www.realsalt.com is fine? It is not bleached, kiln dried, heated or altered with chemicals or pollutants. It has trace minerals and is supposedly in its natural form.

The crystals are about the same size as table salt but there are lots of little brown and black flecks in it - it really looks more lie a tan color.

So if this isn't it what is - I'm looking for brand names here  :)
Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2006, 09:07:16 AM »
I don't know if i've lost weight (don't own a scale) but I DO fit into all my old pants now!!!!

My favorite herb book!!