Author Topic: The Water Cure  (Read 141206 times)

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
Re: The Water Cure
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
Hi
  Quick question. what do you all think of adding stevia or other sweetner to the amount of water with the lemon juice and salt? trying to get hubbys (friend and I are) to do this and they were wondering about that. i was thinking that it might taste weird but also wondering about drinking that much stevia everyday. I'll post on the stevia thread about that also. Thanks
kn

My first impression is GROSS!  Sweet and salty lemon water just doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid....
I would be wary of having something sweet thru out the day even if it is just the stevia.  Honestly it took me about 2 days to get used to just the straight salt water, and now I don't like water without the salt.
I'm sure that there is more info on the stevia thread, but I'm not sure I would do it myself.

Ha! I was just getting on here to post that question  myself!  One time I added a packet of the Emergen-C powder to it, and it made it much easier to drink.  I was wondering about getting the grape stevia extract to make it more palatable (kinda like gatorade maybe?) 
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline MrsJ

• Adept
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
I've done the Water Cure before and want to do it again, but I've got a question first:  Does anyone have any recommendations for large to-go containers that are safe for toting my water around?  Last time I did it I just used some nasty Walmart plastic jugs and felt gross about all the toxins that were seeping into my water.  I work out of the home (no kiddos yet to keep me at home!) so I want to be able to take my water with me so I can have the salt in it that I measured out that morning.  What do you guys use?

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #332 on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:39 AM »
I've done the Water Cure before and want to do it again, but I've got a question first:  Does anyone have any recommendations for large to-go containers that are safe for toting my water around?  Last time I did it I just used some nasty Walmart plastic jugs and felt gross about all the toxins that were seeping into my water.  I work out of the home (no kiddos yet to keep me at home!) so I want to be able to take my water with me so I can have the salt in it that I measured out that morning.  What do you guys use?
I'm hoping that I don't find out that this is a bad thing, but I use a stainless steel container/canteen to carry mine.
I know that Sigg makes a 40 oz size water bottle, and probably even larger ones for just toting water.
I don't own any of the Sigg ones (they are Swiss made, I believe) but mine are cheaper ones made in China.
I've not noticed any problems with the salt interacting with the steel.

Offline doddsgirl

• Adept
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »
ok, i just read every single post on this 12 page thread. do i get a medal or something?  :D
gonna start the right amount of water tomorrow ( i drink a lot of water anyway so that won't be hard) and as soon as payday gets here, i will try to find the right kind of salt to use.
thanks, ladies!

Offline doddsgirl

• Adept
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

Warning: Most people will think you're absolutely crazy, even if you try to explain about not all salt being bad (at least in my experience :-[ ;)).
 ~Lindsey
actually, i have the oppisite problem with my mom.  :( she read something about salt +water last year and she has salted her water with table salt ever since. (she doesn't drink a whole lot of water anyway) i have tried to tell her that table salt is not good for you but she just poo-poos the idea. she says salt has to be good for you cause we are to be the salt of the earth.  i finally got her to switch to sea salt at home 'cause that's all i bought, but when she goes out to eat she uses the table salt in her water.  >:(
why don't people get all the facts?  ??? sigh.
maybe when i get my "dirty" salt i'll try again.
rhonda

Offline doddsgirl

• Adept
« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
yay! i got some celtic sea salt today! it looks like sand. : )

Offline doddsgirl

• Adept
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
interesting tidbit: my gums usually bleed when i brush my teeth. since drinking all this water this past week, i noticed that they hardly ever bleed now. were they dehydrated?
never woulda thunk.

Offline shawnaincov

• Adept
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »
OK I have done the water cleanse before and it was fine. I started it yesterday again and I woke up this AM with a UTI. What is up with that?!  When I went to the bathroom it burns like the dickens!!  I am not one that gets a UTI very easily so I am wondering if it has anything to do with the water cute I just started. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Shawna

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2009, 04:21:04 AM »
I did this a long time ago but i remember putting lemon in it. I was thinking you had to but i guess the lemon was just to help with the taste right? Im about to start it again now that i have lemons and sea salt. Im wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much to drink. Im 145lbs and i want to make sure I'm doing it exactly right.
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
1/2 your body weight is what I've read on here. So about 70 oz. or so.

Offline ridgerunner

• Master
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2009, 02:16:20 PM »
1/2 your body weight is what I've read on here. So about 70 oz. or so.

Ditto.  I've been doing this for 4 days now, I love it!  No major amazing changes, just a nice 'well' feeling and I'm not nearly as hungry as I usually am.  That in itself is worth all the extra bathroom trips!!! ;D
"If these walls came tumbling down and fell so hard to make us lose our faith, from what's left you'd figure it out and still make lemonade taste like a sunny day.  Stay American" (DMB)

Offline nomadicjcfollower

• Adept
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »
I was reading about the water cure and decided to try it. I have been doing it for 1 1/2 days now and I felt great earlier in the afternoon but towards evening I started feeling a really foggy brain and I have been doing some ditsy things, not really like me. Is this normal? I want to make sure I am not throwing my electrolytes out of balance!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »
You can get detoxing effect just by rehydrating.

How much salt are you using? You might try drinking just plain water or with a little lemon and see if it makes a difference.

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »
not to scare anyone, i know this is an extreme exanmple, but someone did die from drinking too much water. in their case, it was for some contest on a radio station of who could drink the most water in a timed race. so that would throw your electrolytes off and she died. but if you're eating healthy and getting sodium and potassium it would be great i'm sure. just be aware of all your intake.

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Thanks for the warning! In that girls case she pretty much chugged a gallon in a short period of time. The water cure encourages drinking some all day long, that way the body has more time to do what in needs with it. Just don't wait till the end of the day and try to chug your water...*guilty*!

Offline Chadycake

• Adept
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Thanks for the warning! In that girls case she pretty much chugged a gallon in a short period of time. The water cure encourages drinking some all day long, that way the body has more time to do what in needs with it. Just don't wait till the end of the day and try to chug your water...*guilty*!

She also didn't go to the bathroom for several hours while drinking all that water.  The contest was to see who could "hold it" the longest while drinking a bunch of water.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/

~W

"Daddy, when we die, will we have eyes... so we can see God?" -Caleb, age 4

I'm blogging recipes and natural health info at http://concoctionsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »
...and it was plain water...not the water cure with salt to keep balance. The water cure only specifies 1/2 your body weight in oz as well.  ;)

Offline nomadicjcfollower

• Adept
« Reply #347 on: March 08, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »
I was using the recommended 1/8 tsp. salt to 1 liter of water. However, I think for me it might be too much, because when I started drinking plain water, the fogginess went away. I was also having "heavy eyelids" and that went away too. I like the effects the salt has been having though. Sleeping better, soft skin and less back pain! So I am planning to keep it, just trying to figure out the right amount. I also read on http://www.watercure2.org/index.htm, that it is better NOT to put the salt in your water, but rather eat it plain or with food, but it didn't exactly say why. Does anyone know?

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
This may have been addressed already, I don't know. (13 pages was too much to go thru.) I was wondering if Black Lava salt would be beneficial for this cleanse. Anyone have any experience?
My 4 yods, "Mama, do mommy cows have rutters?"

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2010, 04:09:10 AM »
BUMP

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2010, 05:20:38 AM »
This may have been addressed already, I don't know. (13 pages was too much to go thru.) I was wondering if Black Lava salt would be beneficial for this cleanse. Anyone have any experience?

BUMP BUMP BUMP
Thanks

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »
Sorry, I tried searching this thread earlier and found nothing.

Guess you will have to pioneer this one.   :D I don't think it could hurt, if you like the flavor.

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
Thanks. I should've looked myself. I just thought someone might know.

Offline Jesus_Princess

• Adept
  • Me and my best friend (aka my brother)
    • Thoughts from Ellerslie
« Reply #353 on: November 01, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »
Okay, I was wondering if an of y'all know about Hain Sea Salt.  It says it is made from evaporated sea water. The ingredients are salt and calcium silicate. 
I just bought it from the nutrition center here, but it is in a regular type salt container so I cannot see it.  I wanted to check with you guys before I open it.  Can I use it for this or is it still too refined?
Thanks much!
Through Christ,
JP
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."
          - C.T. Studd

My wonderful mommy is In Christ!

My Blog:
http://steppingheavenward-ellerslie.blogspot.com/

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2010, 08:33:16 AM »
Okay, I was wondering if an of y'all know about Hain Sea Salt.  It says it is made from evaporated sea water. The ingredients are salt and calcium silicate.  
I just bought it from the nutrition center here, but it is in a regular type salt container so I cannot see it.  I wanted to check with you guys before I open it.  Can I use it for this or is it still too refined?
Thanks much!
Through Christ,
JP

My first thought would be, no it is not a good one.  But then I thought, why do I think that?  So, I did google it and came up with this:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_n212/ai_16845832/

I don't necessarily agree with some of the other things the say, about there being so little other minerals in true sea salt that it is not worth buying.  He says most sea salts have most other minerals mined out.  Look for brands that do not.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:53:14 PM by DawnsEarlyBirds »

Offline tipibuildermom

• Learning
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »
Yes, I too could not get past the salt. It was too much. I don't like salt on my food, how could I drink it??? ::) Can I do this without salt and still get good results??? ??? Thanks

DEFINITELY.

You can never have too much...  There is no toxicity level... 
No matter what, you can't go wrong with water...

Actually, there is a thing called 'water intoxication.' You *can* die from drinking too much water - but you'd have to try really hard; not something most of us would be able to do. The 1 or 2 cases I've heard of involved people drinking water constantly, even standing in the shower and gulping the water as it came out of the faucet.

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:13 AM »
I just stick to ice cold water. :P I need to drink more of it though.