Author Topic: Researching , Question on Omega Balance and Super mom  (Read 1930 times)

Offline pdg4kids

• Learning
Researching , Question on Omega Balance and Super mom
« on: November 24, 2006, 04:47:42 AM »
Hello! I have a question regarding Super Mom and Omega balance 

I have always been a firm believer in Diet over pills, however a recent bout with intestinal problems due to antibiotics led me to research more on Supplementing diets. I have been unable to take Multivitamins since my last pregnancy in 2002. nothing is tolerable. I have since been researching what our diet lacks  and what we are just not able to obtain diet wise. I am currently taking specific supplements individually but am having a time remembering WHAT I have or have not taken! Was thinking SM and Omega Balance would be good alternative.   
My question is, in ingredients of SuperMom, I am not seeing anything listed for Omega 3-6-9  balance. Am I not seeing it?

Is this suggested in ADDITION to SM?  Also, has anyone had problems digesting SM?  THere are a million different blends of EFA's . I have read that a supplement of all three is better as body will excrete what is not needed, but then read others that say different.????
Thank You.
Pdg4kids

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:05:06 AM by pdg4kids »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Researching , Question on Omega Balance and Super mom
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:41:46 AM »
My research has led me to believe that the average American diet is overloaded with omega 6 fats and most people do not need supplementation in this area; however, this all depends on your diet.  If you've completely eliminated all of the junky food from your family's menu, then you might actually need to supplement your 6's as well.

If you think you need to supplement 6's and 3's, then Beeyoutiful sells a product called Omega Balance which can fill this need all in one pill.

For supplmentation of omega 3's only, I personally take and recommend Cod Liver Oil for a myriad of reasons.  It's good for the joints, reversal of autoimmunity, a good source of vitamins A and D and it will help repair the muscousal lining in the intestines.

Beka's take on this is as follows:

I am convinced that the key to benefitting from the Omega oils is having enough of all of them. The problems occur when you have them out of balance. Most people in the USA are not getting enough 3's so taking only the 3's may work for them. HOWEVER - you don't know for sure if they are getting enough of 6, and 9 - and results show that some people benefit hugely from large doses of 6 as well. SO - I also think, and believe evidence suggests, that if a body is getting enough of all the Omegas, then the excess of any of them does not harm, but will just be flushed like the other vits they take. So making sure you get enough of all 3.6.9 is more important that making sure you are getting enough 3's - UNLESS you know for a fact that you are only defficient in 3's. I also believe they "work better" if they are all present in the system for processing at the SAME TIME. JMO.  I would recommend taking Omega Balance as well as/or instead of Cod Liver Oil.

Natural sources of omega 6 fats include:
CottonSeed Oil, Peanut, Grapeseed Oil, Corn Oil, Cereals, Whole Grains, Whole Grain Bread, Corn, Safflower and Sunflower

Natural sources of omega 3 fats include:

Avacodoes, Walnuts, Walnut Oil, Fish Oil, Salmon, Scallops, Halibut, Shrimp, Snapper, Tofu, Squash, Herring, Mackerel, Anchovies, Sardines, Tuna, Chia, Perilla, Purslane, Lingonberry, Hemp, Krill, Krill Oil, Animal Fat (grass fed has higher fat content), Lamb (even commercial lamb is generally grass fed and is reputed to be one of the best meat sources), Dairy (grass fed has higher fat content), MicroAlgae(Crypthecodinium cohnii and Schizochytrium), Brown Algae and Acai(Palm Fruit)

Natural sources of both omega 3s and omega 6s include:
Eggs, Flax Seed and Flax Seed Oil
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 08:44:07 AM »
I would be leary of taking SM if you cannot tolerate multi-vitamins, but I guess I would wonder what about the vitamins makes them intolerable.  If it's because they are synthetic, then SM might be a good alternative as the supplements are from natural sources, but without knowing what's causing your reaction (or what those reactions are) it would be difficult to know if SuperMom would be a good choice for you.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline pdg4kids

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 04:53:03 PM »
Thankyou for the quick reply! I am really not sure which EFA I am lacking and from what i have read and understood, trying to get into Balance with seems the key factor.  I will try Omega Balance . As far a Multi vitamin, I have talked with my Physician about this issue, and his reply was that Vitamins are not necessary period. so NO HELP THERE! NOTE:  I would agree with him if Diet was sufficient alone, but I know with four children, and homeschooling, and church etc. etc. I DONT eat as I should, though I make sure everyone Else does! LOL
Soo I have been learning and reading and getting info from women at church. Which is how I was introduced to Bee Youtiful!   
My thoughts on individual supplement was it may help me narrow down the intolerance. At this time I am taking B12, C and E and  Probiotic along with Fiber supplement. I have not had any neg reactions to these.  I was just tired of NOt feeling well, and dr. saying "STRESS, Take this pill as needed>....." I AM NOT A PILL PERSOn and really am bad at diligence there. So , we have been altering diet with research as to what foods promote healthy results.

From What i understand using the Super Mom w/Spirulina and the Omega Balance may be easier for me to follow routine in taking. I will KNOW for sure within a day if have any problems with it.
Being it started after my last son was born, I am thinking it is more IN balance of sort, or toxicity from not eating proper and stress.