Author Topic: Mona Vie...a natural fruit drink...  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Smittygal

• Learning
Mona Vie...a natural fruit drink...
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:33:45 AM »
Has anyone here ever tried Monvie? My husband just started selling this product. It has 19 different fruits in this drink to help keep you healthy. I thought I would share this drink onformation with you all who love healthy foods.

www.monavie.com
Distributor#197808

Let me know if you all are interested.

Shannon Smith

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Re: Mona Vie...a natural fruit drink...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:26:51 PM »
Well I went to the website and I think it's true that plants with deep, dark colors (beets, pomegranates, etc) do have great health benefits.  I'm curious, mostly because of the packaging, is it an alcoholic or sparkling beverage, or is it just fruit juice?  How much does it cost for how many ounces?  Can I buy one bottle without being a distributor?  What is the recommended serving size?  Is there a complete list of ingredients (to help folks with food allergies)?
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline Smittygal

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »
Hi ShabbyChic!  Here are the answers to your questions...

1)  No, it isn't alcoholic or sparkling...it is just super fruit & berry juice.
2)  It is a typical wine bottle size, which is 25 oz.
3) The suggested serving is 1 oz 2 times day (I drink it in the morning and night)
4) Yes, you can buy a bottle without being a distributor.  You can visit my husbands web site and buy directly online.  If you would like to place an order, just visit http://www.mymonavie.com/justinsmith/shop.asp

5) You can also sign up as a preferred customer, which gives you a 15% discount.  This is free, but you will be set up on an AutoShip program that will automatically ship you the amount you want at the interval you want (like 28 days).

6) Here is a list of the ingredients in the Original formula:

Acai Puree, White Grape, Nashi Pear, Acerola, Pear, Aronia, Purple Grape, Cranberry, Passionfruit, Banana, Apricot, Prune, Kiwi, Blueberry, Bilberry, Camu Camu, Wolfberry, Pomegranate, Lychee Fruit.  Also, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Sodium Benzoate.

The Active Formula also contains:

D-Glucosamine HCI, Potassium, Polysorbate-60, Esterified Fatty Acids.

The only allergy issue really is the D-Glucosamine, which is derived from the shells of shrimp, so it could cause problems for someone with a shellfish allergy.  However, the allergy for shellfish is from the proteins of the shellfish, so the Glucosamine is unlikely to cause any reaction.  To be safe, it is best to use the Original formula.

If you all have any other questions, feel free to ask!  Thanks for checking it out! :)

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »
Awesome.  I'll forward this info to my in-laws; they have a new store opening and are always looking to distribute new products.  It looks like good stuff.
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline loolahm3

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 05:31:35 AM »
Can you use this during pregnancy and nursing?  thanks, Layla

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »
I have been talking to a friend(welltellme) recently about this, and she told me that one of her friends lost 25lbs from drinking this drink and doing T-tapp.  I guess the weight loss comes from the acai berry in this drink. I haven't checked out pricing, yet, but it sounds great.

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
Someone in our homeschool group sells this through "the team" and the price is $45 :o a bottle.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:43:02 AM »
Someone in our homeschool group sells this through "the team" and the price is $45 :o a bottle.

No thanks, I'll stay fat.  :D

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 04:51:58 AM »
There are lots of "opinions" about this juice online. My gut tells me that it is overkill, but what do I know. The main ingredient is the acai berry that is so hot right now. I wonder if you couldn't just pop a mouthful and wash them down with pomegranite juice or kombucha! At $45 dollars a bottle(which is only supposed to last less than 2 weeks) I'd do some serious research first.  Having said that, I do know someone who uses this with her boys and likes it.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
Does anyone have a bottle and can list the ingredients?  Maybe it would be cheaper to make it ourselves.

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »
The lady up above listed the ingredients. I think it would probably be kind of pricey. I read somewhere that V-8 makes a drink mix with Acai Berry. I think for weight loss thats probably the key. Maybe we could make up something better. Acai Berry Kombucha or Acai Berry/ Green Tea Spritzer. You wanna be business partners? ;D ;D

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
Yeah, acai in kombucha.  That sounds promising!   :D I am wondering if the acai alone would be good for weight loss, or if combined with all those other juices, is it better?
Oh, found some WAY cheaper on ebay!