Author Topic: Amount of nettle tea??  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Andi

• Learning
Amount of nettle tea??
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:46 AM »
I am 35 weeks and am gaining lots of water it seems. I bought dried nettle yesterday to drink as a tea, but I'm not sure how much tea to drink in a day or how to steep it. Last night I steeped one cup of water with 2 tsp. of dried nettle. Does this sound right? And how many cups a day?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Amount of nettle tea??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 03:43:26 AM »
i don't know how much you should drink, but the steeping sounds fine so long as you can handle the taste.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
I typically put a 1/4 cup of nettles in a qt jar along with other herbs (red raspberry leaf, oatstraw, mints, hibiscus and such)  to equal 3/4 cup or so. If I am experiencing edema I drink that all in one day.

Each body is different, it's hard to say how much will work best for you, but that is what I do.

Offline Andi

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
Thanks! It doesn't really seem to be working for me too well for swelling, but it makes me feel better....more energy.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »
for swelling, i generally throw some parsley, an apple and a carrot into the blender with some water.  drink up and watch the water fall off.  works every time for me.  some say, you shouldn't eat too much parsley while preggo, so i wouldn't make this a daily routine.
  My favorite herb book!!