á á á á á á á

Author Topic: Unnassisted home birth  (Read 88047 times)

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
Unnassisted home birth
« on: April 27, 2006, 05:54:45 AM »
For those of you who have had an unassisted home birth, what supplies would you recomend having on hand. I'm getting ready to order a few things from birthwithlove
but thought it might be nice to hear others advice before I placed my order.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:45:26 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
Re: Unnassisted home birth
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:45:23 AM »
I was not unasissted, my midwife was just late. But, everything I needed, I bought from Wal-Mart. Here is a list of the things I remember off hand:

peri bottle (squirt bottle)
peroxide
Large Chux Pads, to put on bed
Diaper-like pads for soon after you birth
clear plastic paint tarp (if you don't want your carpet stained if you stand up during delivery)  ;) (the best way in my opinion)
Nose sucker for baby
olive oil for perinium
Clean and warm towels for baby
crackers and juice for mom if blood sugar gets low
tylenol
lots of meals frozen ahead of time!

My midwife gave me the cord clamp ahead of time, I don't know if you have one available, you might have to order that. I stayed in my warm bathtub until I was ready to push, then I stood up next to my tub to push baby out. That worked best for me on the last two babies. So, I didn't use many things, other than a floor covering and what was needed for me after I birthed.
You might want to have some herbs on hand that you know will be handy if something comes up. Also, we had oxygen available just in case. But it was never needed.
I don't know if you'll use the eye drops, vit. K, etc. We had it from our midwife but never used it. Hope this helps and may God bless you on this Miracle!!

Offline mrsroeser

• Adept
  • my loving family :)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:48:55 AM »
My homebirth was with a midwife.. but I would get a bulb syringe for suctioning their mouth and nose.... lots of those blue pads for easy clean up... some herbal sitz bath for you (that was a Godsend!!!).. hmmmm.. do you have a thermometer to check his/her vitals in the first 24hrs? ... let's see what else... a cord clamp and scissors? i know there are some herbal tinctures that you can take to stimulate uterine contraction in case of hemmorage.. I took some to help birth my placenta after 45 minutes of not having any contractions after baby was born.. That helped it right along.. hmmmm.. I'll think on it.. how exciting for you!! When are you do????  Keep us updated!!

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 06:03:32 AM »
Another excellent birth supply source is http://www.inhishands.com They are a Christian company, and have outstanding service. We use them for all of our birth kits, but they stock supplies for individuals as well. If you have any special needs (such as no latex), they are great with working something out that meets your needs.

Offline Mamatutu

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 06:10:11 AM »
While we're on the topic... what books or other sources do you reccommend for unassissted homebirths? We've had two wonderful homebirths with a midwife and I'd like to go it alone next time. I know my husband would be more comfortable 'knowing' more beforehand. Any suggestions?
Stacey ~ Privileged to be the wife and helpmeet of my darling Daniel and devoted mama to four precious babes~ Micah Daniel (2/7/04), Rebekah Hope (9/8/05), and Eliahna Pearl (6/9/07), and TBA November 2008.

Offline Bethany

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 06:15:25 AM »
The one that Bekah mentioned on another thread Heart and Hands is excellent.

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:30:29 AM »
I hate to be the wet blanket here, but I would say to educate yourself as well as possible to handle possible complications.  My son was born at home with the cord around his neck.  He failed to breathe and had to be artificially resecutated (sp?) by our midwife.  If we had been alone, I don't know that he would have made it - he was already purple when he came out!  She was totally in control but I saw her getting nervous and she kept telling me to talk to my baby and let him hear my voice.  She had lots of equipment with her to handle such a case but if we were alone, we wouldn't have had access to all the tubes and suction and oxygen that she had.
I don't want to scare anyone - God is totally in control and if He is leading you to have an unassisted birth, then what better attendant can you have than the creator of your baby?  But it also pays to be prepared for any one of the numerous situations that could arise.

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:54 AM »
I've been having a "purgefest" at my house, going though old papers and such (pray for dh  ;))

In the process, I found my old birthing supply list. Thought it might be helpful to some of you.

1 oral thermometer for mother
1 rectal thermometer for baby (or just one thermometer with probe covers)
1 bottle of isopropyl alcohol
1 ear bulb syringe (2 oz. or 3 oz. capacity)
2 plastic squeeze bottles or peri irrigation bottles (8 oz capacity)
1 box overnight maxi sanitary napkins (unopened box)
1 bottle Betadine antiseptic (8 oz minimum)
2 dozen STERILE 4" x 4" gauze squares (Steri-Pads, Topper Sponges, etc.)
1 box STERILE cotton balls
1 tube STERILE lubricating jelly ("KY," "HR," etc.) or unopened bottle of vegetable oil

2 STERILE PACKS for use at delivery:
Directions: Place 4 towels (or equivalent absorbent cloths) in the bottom of a large paper grocery bag with 1 washcloth on top. Seal bag closed with tape. Put in 200 degree oven with a pan of water underneath them and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Store packages unopened.
Do this no more than 1 month before expected due date.

18+ disposable underpads (large size 24" x 36")
1 shallow basin or pan for placenta -- plastic dishpan works well
1 crock pot -- for warm compresses
1 extension cord for crock pot
1 flashlight -- with new batteries
1 roll paper towels
4 washcloths
1 hot water bottle or heating pad -- to alleviate back pressure during labor
1 disinfectant (like lysol) for bathroom area
2 phone number cards (keep one by your phone and one in car or purse -- include numbers of all members of your birth team as well as emergency numbers)
1 enema bag or "Fleet" saline enema
1 medium or heavy weight plastic sheet for mattress protection
1 plastic to cover floor if you have carpet, etc. (shower curtain or drop cloth will do here)
1 roll duct tape for securing plastic
4+ pillows, and plastic bags or zipper cases to cover them
plastic bags for trash, and laundry
planned lighting -- plenty of light
appropriate food and beverages for laboring mother
watch or clock set to the accurate time
4+ receiving blankets
2 cotton hats for baby
1-2 Hot/Cold soft gel packs (approx 5" x 10")
flexible straws
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

YoopreMama

Re: Unassisted home birth
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 08:34:51 AM »
We used Bach Rescue Remedy during transition, and the ice packs on me afterwards that are like sanitary pads...crack/twist them and they're cold. I also ordered herbal sitz baths (loved the midwife's garlic one)...and we have a sitz bath (bought from Shopko, I think for $10)..the seat that sits on the toilet and has an IV bag/tube to run hot water through...WONDERFUL.  ;D I used the herbs there, too.  And a goldenseal salve...I used this website:

http://www.1cascade.com/category.aspx?categoryID=1034&gclid=CODOjMq91okCFR45UQodLFt4zQ

I liked reading "A Baby Catcher" and "Born in Zion"....and "Birthing from Within".  (I had a C/S w/ #1, so I also read a VBAC book).  Didn't agree w/ everything in the books, but they gave me the frame of mind that birth is natural.  The Bradley book was invaluable, especially for teaching me the emotional signposts of labor...knowing that when I hit "the wall" where I thought I'd die, that the baby wasn't far off!   ;)

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 08:58:17 AM »
Shonda Parker has a sight where you can purchase supplies.  You can purchase just the things you want or you can purchase a birth kit.  That's where I got my birth kit...my midwife has her own specialized kit through this web site.  I also picked up a few other things not included in the kit (i.e.  sitz bath, some salves, and oils, etc).  The web site is... birthsupplies.com.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline chrysalyde

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »
I have an (un)related question... why do you want to have an unassisted childbirth ? I could understand maybe if someone is in great financial need and can't afford having a midwife, but if you can afford to pay one (or have insurance that covers it), isn't it safer, just in case of an emergency ? Just curious.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 11:20:48 AM »
inhishands.com is where we got all our stuff for our first birth...unassisted...our secoond we had a midwife and just got our midwife's birth kit from midwifesupplies.com   
Good books:
Emergency Childbirth : A Manual by Gregory White  is a great book meant for like Police officers and such, Christian Midwifery by Betty A. Peckman is excellent book from a christian standpoint...lots of scriptures and of course midwife info...it is verrry hard to get but I think Inhishands.com still sells copies for like $40...I just checked amazon and it was $95!! Another one that my husband really appreciated and my dad used before deliverying my two younger sisters was Special Delivery by Rahima Baldwin. Someone else on here had mentioned Heart and Hands and that is very good as well.
Also a random weird tip I learned from my midwife that I had not read in any of the books was...I had a slight hemmorage and she gave me pitocin...but I asked her what if she weren't there she said worse case senario take a bite of the placenta...it would do the job just like the pit...now I would really have to be in a tight spot to do that...but hey if it would save my life that would be great...so just a random thing about one complication that may come up that most people think you need a midwife there for.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:06:55 AM by mykidsmama »

Offline harmony

• Learning
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »
I had 4 unassisted home births. My reason is a previous c-section & 2 hospital VBAC's. In my state midwives are not allowed to catch VBAC babies at home. I was not willing to go to the hospital again except in an emergency. I had good prenatal care and prayed continually that if God wanted me to go to the hospital, He'd show me. We used emergency childbirth books/charts as our guide. After the birth of my last child, 5 years ago, hospitals here stopped doing VBAC's (with the exception of 2 and they're 120 miles away). By the grace of God we did it! I'm a student midwife now. I joke with DH that it's not fair that he got to catch 4 babies and I haven't caught any, yet!

Offline joeswife

• Adept
    • Jumping on the bed.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »
I have not had an unassisted birth, but I have had three home births. I think I would like to have a Doppler on hand if I ever do it unassisted. Just for peace of mind.

blessings to you!

Offline busymomma

• Adept
  • As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:11 AM »
I had a homebirth with my last DD, almost unassisted, the midwife got there as she was crowning!  I don't think I would feel comfortable planning to do an unassisted birth.  I guess I have seen the complications as an labor and delivery nurse.....things do happen!  My mother delivered several babies on the missionfield and one of our teachers' wife was hemmorhaging and almost died when they took her 1 1/2 hrs to the hospital.  I do have a friend that has had 11 of her 12 kids at home and several of them were unassisted, basicly for finacial reasons I think.  I know her last 2 she had a midwife.

I ordered my homebirth supplies from In His Hands also and they were great!  I got some good info from the mothering.com forums Here is a link to the UC forum. http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=306 Some if it is definitely "New Age"ish. Midewifery Today also has good homebirth stuff. I would definitely recommend if you educate yourself and your husband on the complications that can happen and ways to treat it.  I know women have been having unassisted births since Eve, but women and infants have also died in childbirth.  I don't want to scare you out of having one......just so you will educate yourself and be prepared for what can happen.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 09:07:15 AM »
I have an (un)related question... why do you want to have an unassisted childbirth ? I could understand maybe if someone is in great financial need and can't afford having a midwife, but if you can afford to pay one (or have insurance that covers it), isn't it safer, just in case of an emergency ? Just curious.

The reason to have an unnassisted homebirth is purely personal. Some of us like privacy and control over our situation. (It is also possible to find a midwife that is very "hands-off" and will let you and your hubby have as much control as you desire.)
Some of us live in areas where there are no midwives, or very few, or very expensive, or...
Some of us have husbands that are (for whatever reason) medically inclined and want to deliver their own children. This is not more "right" or better - it's just a fact of human variety.
Some of us are the crazy, pioneering types that have to be different even if it means moving to the moon. Why? Just to put it on record that it can be done.

As far as "safer" goes: If you have educated yourself as to the possibilities, and the proper responses to various situations, you should have the same "safety" a midwife would provide - the ability to transport to ER in case of a life-threatening situation.
However, statistics are overwhelmingly in favor of homebirths. The countries that routinely practice homebirths have very low infant mortality rates in comparison to America's statistics: http://www.texasmidwives.com/Safety_stats.htm

I think midwivery is a WONDERFUL calling - a blessed work, and I dearly appreciate the midwives I know. I'd recommend having a midwife rather than going it unassisted - unless your husband wants to deliver his own children.

You should have your baby in whatever environment and with whatever medical help you and your husband are comfortable with. It's your business, your baby, and your call.

Now, I have had 4 "unassisted" homebirths. It did save us 20,000 dollars all told, and has been a thrilling and bonding experience for both my husband and I. With just the two of us, I feel free to pray out loud at the top of my voice (or scream as the case may be), *dress* comfortably, do whatever is comfortable, and be in my own surroundings. If I had a medical condition, we'd make the appropriate adjustments.

I have many of the items mentioned above, but to summarize the few that I have always used, and find neccesary:

Tub
Bowl
Scissors
Cord clamp
4 cotton blankets
4 towels
stretchy baby hat, onesie, daiper, 2 pairs of socks
Herbal sitz bath for me.
Nightgown that opens for nursing
Camera
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline chrysalyde

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »

Now, I have had 4 "unassisted" homebirths. It did save us 20,000 dollars all told, and has been a thrilling and bonding experience for both my husband and I. With just the two of us, I feel free to pray out loud at the top of my voice (or scream as the case may be), *dress* comfortably, do whatever is comfortable, and be in my own surroundings. If I had a medical condition, we'd make the appropriate adjustments.

Wow ! I was about to write and ask you if the fact there was no doctor or midwife there on your last delivery an accident or a chosen situation, and if your other children had been born the same way or not, and here I have the answer !
By the way, I do want to join all the others in congratulating you on such a wonderful news !

Unassisted childbirth sounds beautiful when you have such success stories, I guess after my own experience it just scares me and I wonder why anybody would take a risk. I had a major hemorrhage after my second completely natural childbirth (no IV, no pitocin, no epidural, labor in a hot tub, freedom to eat and drink during labor, no episiotomy, cord cut after it stopped beating, etc. etc.) and I just don't know what would have happened had I not been in the hospital, especially since I was blissfully nursing my baby and didn't even notice how much I was bleeding. Maybe one day though, when I have enough faith AND we are educated enough as you say !

I can understand how saving $20,000 might be a convincing argument on gearing up for an unassisted homebirth ! My goodness, I really can't complain when it cost me 200euros to have the only doctor I've heard of who will let me give birth as naturally as I want !

I do have a question. Did you tear for any of your births ? If so, what did you do ? Did your husband sew you back up ? If not, had you done something to prevent that ?

Once again, congratulations for that cute little boy !
Chrysalyde 

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »
well this q wasn't to me but I have an answer from my experience...first of alll if you hemmorrage with no assistance take a bite of your placenta ut should fix things right up...from what i've been told...thankfully for thayt birth I had a midwife and she gave me a sot of PIT so I didn't have to try it. With my first (w/ just hubby and friend, we had some herbs  I took...I wasn't bleeding as much though...anyways as far as tears go ... with my unassisted just a skid mark...healed up with just keeping my legs closed and resting...we did perinial massage starting at 34 weeks I think and had hot rags and olive oil during birth. He was 9 lbs and I am really tiny...with my second we did perienial massage starting at 35 or 6 I tjink and not as consistently...we had hot rags and olive oil as welll and I probably wouldn't have torn at all  (she was 9 4 ) except that she had shoulder dysticia and the midwife was working hard  to get her out ... the tear was right were she was pushing down to get her out they said. it still wasn't a bad tear and we just let it heal on its own....You can alays work with a modwife who will do a sewing or post birth visit if need be. Mine does that for lots of unassisted births. although suturing isn't difficult...my hubby learned but he was nervous to try it out on me... :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:53:57 AM by chrissyjoy »

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 08:50:42 PM »
My midwife has all her clients take kelp to prevent hemorrhage, since she has started doing this she has not had one woman bleed out. I've been taking Supermom and she thinks that the Spirulina makes additional kelp unnecessary. Just thought I'd throw that out there for any woman desiring home birth, assisted or not.

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 06:15:33 AM »
That is so cool. And it sounds way better than a bite of the placenta - - EWW!! I've got a really good recipe for Maple seaweed "candy" - you boil the soaked kelp in some water and some maple syrup until dry, then add sesame seeds and bake in the oven....it is SOOOO good!! I do wonder if you'd still get all the benefits, with the kelp being cooked so much...

My midwife has all her clients take kelp to prevent hemorrhage, since she has started doing this she has not had one woman bleed out. I've been taking Supermom and she thinks that the Spirulina makes additional kelp unnecessary. Just thought I'd throw that out there for any woman desiring home birth, assisted or not.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 07:31:33 AM »
yes, other ways to prevent hemmorage are much more desirable... ;D we had done blood tests and I was all up to par...so that would JUST be in case of emergency...I still dobn't know how I would do it, but we are gonna be on the mission field and the hospitals therre wont really be an option

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:19 AM »
chrissyjoy, beeyoutifulgirl, and anyone else!

We are praying about going to the mission field and I am really feeliing like I need to be prepared for an unassisted birth, not knowing what assistance will be available to me in a foriegn land or even here in the states in unforseen events.  I have had three homebirths with a midwife.  I would like to know more about complications and how to avoid/deal with them successfully.  Do you have any info., books, websites that you could give me?

Thanks!
Jenny

yes, other ways to prevent hemmorage are much more desirable... ;D we had done blood tests and I was all up to par...so that would JUST be in case of emergency...I still dobn't know how I would do it, but we are gonna be on the mission field and the hospitals therre wont really be an option
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 12:56:37 PM »
That's awesome...anyywhere in particular?
I posted a whole bunch of really good books for reading on here somewhere...I thouht it was this thread...I will check and post the quote later...

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »
Hey this info is great...keep it coming. 
We are going to be prepared for a homebirth with this one but are only 10minutes drive from the birthing centre too.  My midwife lives about 5mins away and in NZ it is free to have babies and for all the care that you or they need.  So a lot of those reasons you guys were saying don't count for us.  BUT... I have extremely fast labours (#3 was 40minutes total) so we are going to be prepared for a homebirth and the more I read, the more I kind of think why stress ourselves out trying to make it to the hospital in time at 3am (all my babies born between 3 and 4am- wierd eh!) and risk having a carbirth (ugh!) when I could just have bubs at home and ring/don't ring midwife to get here in time.
I really am expecting this labour to be a bit like the number 15 joke on another thread so why try and make it to the hospital and risk having a motorway birth!!  :D
So thanks for the encouragement and advice given so far... any more??
Erin :)  Wifey to Chris and mummy to Marcail (10), Alex (8), Joel (6), Timothy (4), Zipporah (3) and Jeremiah (8months).

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »
... in NZ it is free to have babies and for all the care that you or they need.  ... (ugh!) when I could just have bubs at home and ring/don't ring midwife to get here in time.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???  Free to have a baby??  WOW!!!!  Never heard of that.

And, Erin, is "bubs" the NZ way to say baby?

Missi

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 04:29:16 PM »
... in NZ it is free to have babies and for all the care that you or they need.  ... (ugh!) when I could just have bubs at home and ring/don't ring midwife to get here in time.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???  Free to have a baby??  WOW!!!!  Never heard of that.

And, Erin, is "bubs" the NZ way to say baby?

Missi

I doubt that it is really free.  In Canada, the government takes tax dollars and then provides medical care for "free."  If I remember correctly the government generally got 45% of our income through various taxes; sales, property, income and anything else they can think up.
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »
I doubt that it is really free.  In Canada, the government takes tax dollars and then provides medical care for "free."  If I remember correctly the government generally got 45% of our income through various taxes; sales, property, income and anything else they can think up.
So you are in the US now? 

I have never figured up the percentage for all the taxes here (US) that we pay.  Has anyone done that? 

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
Yes bubs means baby  ;D  Have you really never heard of that one?  Will have to add it to my collection of NZ words for Americans  :D

Free to have a baby - definitely!  In New Zealand, all of your prenatal and postnatal care (plus the giving birth part in the middle ;)) is free.  The only thing that you could pay for if you wanted to is if you choose a private obstetrician for your care and/or if you pay for a private room at a birthing centre.  All the rooms in the hospitals are free and are mostly shared with one other person.  It's free to choose to give birth at a birth centre as well although they won't book you in if you are expected to have a difficult birth (ie. C-section, or prem etc).  And unless they are overly-full then you usually have a two-bed room to yourself anyway.
If your baby is premature or if you need to be on complete bedrest at the hosptial during your pregnancy then there are no costs either.  
In fact, if you are so extremely sick during your pregnancy that you really can't cope then I think the govt will also pay for some home help (ie. someone to come and do your washing, cleaning etc).  
And after the baby is born you either get maternity pay (part of your income for the first 12weeks) or a parental tax credit up to the amount of $1200NZ ($600US) to help pay for baby things or to cover bills or whatever you want/need to spend it on.  No strings attached - just the govt making it easier to adjust to one income or to adding another baby to the family.
It's also free to get medical help for accidents.  I think you guys have to pay for that too??  So if I chop my foot off and need months in hospital or I cut my finger and need stitches then going to the hospital is free.  Medicines etc usually cost money but it's often subsidised.
Going to the doctor costs money unless you are under 6yrs and is subsidised if you don't have much money or you are over 65yrs.  For everyone else it averages about $50NZ a visit which is about $25 US.

SO pleased I don't live in the US ...  ;) ... sorry for you guys tho  ::) :P ;)
Erin :)  Wifey to Chris and mummy to Marcail (10), Alex (8), Joel (6), Timothy (4), Zipporah (3) and Jeremiah (8months).

Offline cjanderin

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 04:50:13 PM »

In NZ, we pay between 15c to 33c in every dollar earnt in tax  (15c for really really low income and 33c for the highest incomes).  But then your medical care is free or subsidised and that also goes towards all the normal things that tax pays for plus our welfare system etc (money for if you are out of work / can't work / solo mum / widows benefit etc).

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 04:53:34 PM »
Yes bubs means baby  ;D  Have you really never heard of that one?  Will have to add it to my collection of NZ words for Americans  :D

... In fact, if you are so extremely sick during your pregnancy that you really can't cope then I think the govt will also pay for some home help (ie. someone to come and do your washing, cleaning etc).  ...
Nope, never heard bubs before.  But I don't get out much.   :D ;D

Poor Mexmarr could use the service of someone coming in to do laundry and cleaning...