Author Topic: HSG after a miscarriage?  (Read 3322 times)

Offline jeasterb

• Learning
HSG after a miscarriage?
« on: November 16, 2006, 06:08:51 AM »
Hello All,

My Dr. wants to do an HSG to check things out after my last miscarrage.  I had a healthy first pregnancy (ended up emergency C-section), second pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks, third pregnancy was a successful VBAC and my fourth pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks.  I thought that an HSG was mainly needed if you are not getting pregnant.  Has anyone had any success or felt an HSG helped to shed any light on miscarriage?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Offline Lily-Vine

• Learning
Re: HSG after a miscarriage?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »
Jennifer, 
              This past march I had a sonohystogram.  At that time it was discovered that it appeared that I had a fibroid.  So the Dr. wanted me to have a HSG.  During that test they did`nt find anything.  I then went to another Dr. but not for the exact same thing. He was going thru my records and that stood out to him. He said that he didn`t know why I would have a sonohysterogram before an HSG because the HSG is not as good for looking for fibroids.  He told us that fibroids can make it harder to get pregnant because there is less places for the embyro/baby to attach.  We had the surgery to clean up my womb in Sept.  I don`t have heavy periods anymore.  I dont know if that is why your Dr. wants you to have an HSG but that is my story.  Maybe it can help a little. I will pray for you to find success.   ~Lily-Vine