Author Topic: Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures "they" don't want you to know about  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Lydiaisredeemed

• Learning
Hi everyone.  I was wondering if anyone has read Kevin Trudeau's books about natural cures?  If anyone has, what do you think of using microwaves and the whole electro-magnetic chaos theory?  I totally agree with him about the corrupt government we have pushing prescriptions on us all in the name of profit.  But how about the natural cures he speaks of?  have you found any of his references to be really good.  He lists so many.  Just curious if there are any in peticular that you know are good.  what kind of cleanses are best?  I don't do well with drinking yucky stuff.  I'd love to discipline myself enough to do the Master Cleanse, but I know the cayenne pepper would send me over the edge.  what liver and gallbladder cleanses do you think are effective? (in pill form please) thanks for any input!! ;D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures "they" don't want you to know about
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 06:21:42 AM »
Most of the things you've mentioned have been covered at great length in other threads.  Try using the search bar at the top of the home page.  For instance, type in Gallbladder.  You'll get some hits.  There's also a thread for the Master Cleanse and another on the dangers of microwaves.

If you need anything else, please let me know.  I'm glad to help.

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Lydiaisredeemed

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:42:59 AM »
Most of the things you've mentioned have been covered at great length in other threads.  Try using the search bar at the top of the home page.  For instance, type in Gallbladder.  You'll get some hits.  There's also a thread for the Master Cleanse and another on the dangers of microwaves.

~hb
Hi hb, you should write a book.  you have so much knowledge, it amazes me! ;D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:46:18 AM »

~hb
Hi hb, you should write a book.  you have so much knowledge, it amazes me! ;D
Yeah, thanks.  Now if I could just get that wisdom part working, I'd be in really good shape.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Jlynn

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »
I read his book. Like you said, I think he was right on some things but some of the other was questionable.  This site has tons of great info, but like most things you really need to educate yourself and not just listen to what someone says.  Which is part of the problem with some of the medical community, IMO.  Always good to research and educate yourself.  Then again, sometimes that even gets more confusing!  Seems to be two sides to everything...including the microwave issue.   :o  One thing I did not appreciate about his book was the fact that to get the "real" info and suggested "medicines" you need to pay on his site to get them.  It is one book I am glad I did not buy, but borrowed from our excellent library system!
"It becomes us to spend this life only as a journey toward Heaven....to
 which we should subordinate all other concerns of life.  Why should we
 labor for or set our hearts on anything else, but that which is our
 proper end and true happiness?" Jonathan Edwards

Offline Blessedw/3

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 09:53:59 AM »
I read his book also. The electrochaotic whatever is probably true. I don't think without getting paranoid you can do much about it though. We got rid of our microwave.  :) Common sense told me anything radiating your food can't be good, so just in the same way I try not to boil my veggies to keep the nutrients in, I decided not to use the micro. I didn't appreciate the fact that you had to pay for his info either. He said the FDA forbade him to tell us what it is, but the Maker's Diet guy tells you all kinds of stuff and they aren't coming after him so that didn't ring true to me.  It is a book that will enlighten you and make you think about things maybe you haven't thought of but I wouldn't take everything he says to the bank. My 2 cts.  :P
Wife to Gary, Mama to Joseph 5, Ethan 3, and Jonathan 8 months.

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
From what I have heard, Kevin Trudeau is a con artist. Not that the info in the book isn't true, it's just the presentation. He's scamming people by making them believe he has "secret knowledge" that is available in 100 other books and websites.

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »
Yes, there is much out there about Kevin being a con artist.  But you have to realize that the government goes to great lengths to discredit anything or anyone who cost them a lot of money.  He has the potential to reach millions and is trying to use that in a positive way.  His books have been a wake up call and blessing to many.  I am in the middle of his second book (borrowed from the library) and it has a lot more detail than the first.  He has documentation of his dealings with the FDA and FTC.  I definately wouldn't put the things he claims past the gov't.

He is no longer selling any products, nor does he recieve any compensation for the things that he does recommend.  He also stresses seeing a doctor that doesn't use drugs and surgery for a personalized treatment plan.  He is selling information.  Yes you can find a lot of it elsewhere, but he makes it easier for people to find a place to start and kind of walk them through some of the things.  Many people need this and they need to hear something other than what the gov't and media is feeding them.  You are paying him for his research, etc.  Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

That is not to say that I agree everything 100%, but I applaud him for his efforts.  He covers a lot of ground in his books and at least gives many people a place to start.  Any one that is willing to stand up against big pharma and the gov't deserves some respect.  We could use a lot more of it in the USA.

Just my opinion,
Tammy