Author Topic: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration  (Read 68907 times)

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
Re: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2006, 06:52:57 PM »
Pennie - the Meridian test shows where there's weakness in the body that could be causing the allergy. Our Dr.'s website www.PreventionAndHealing.com under articles describes what it is - I think you have to scroll down a bit - It's called Acupuncture Meridian Assessment.

With my asthmatic son I have learned that there are a LOT of different things that can trigger it in each person. So, it's almost like a general symptom for a bazillion different causes :-\

Tell me about allerplex - is it a homeopathic remedy for pollen allergies? We have tried soooooo many things over the last 6 years to no avail. I'm really praying this Dr. finds the root cause. Plus I wonder if he has leaky gut - that's why I'd like a probiotic for him.

Anxious to hear how it goes on Monday!!
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00:02 PM »
hey gals.  i'm anxious to try the allerplex soon, for my allergy son.  he sneezes and sniffles twice a year.  also, he has diarreah with milk on cereal, so i started having him sprinkle reg. tummy tune up on it when he eats it, and it works great!  no problems.  maybe some day we can do raw, but for now it's a "band aid"!   ;)  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 06:58:22 AM by fivewittletids »
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2006, 07:29:28 AM »
Pennie - I understand completely what you mean. There's many things I read and wonder if that situation is what my son "has" but how do I know or find out? And there's been a looooooot I've read over the last 5 years!!

The more I read about Tummy Tune-Up it seems the more confused I can get :P :-\  Part of that confusion is all the different names for the same product :o    For simplicity and uniformity I'm going to call them TT6, TT8, and TT12.

The other part of my confusion is what's posted as the ingredients, and what Gabe was quoted as saying in his post.
1. The website says TT8 is the best to use with Yeast Assassin
2. Gabe says TT6 is a milk based product yet, the ingredients list on the websit says this:
Free of: salt, sugar, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, egg and preservatives
Other Ingredients: Potato Starch, Gelatin (capsule), Magnesium Stearate, FOS (Fructooligosaccharides), Silica.
  No mention of milk.
3. Similarly, TT12 on the website states this:
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Fermented Molasses, Probiotic Cultures, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), Chicory Root Inulin/FOS (fructooligosaccharide) and Silica. Contains milk derivatives.  and he doesn't mention TT12 having milk in his post.

It leaves me wondering which information is correct :-[. Sorry to be seem picky, but when you're dealing with a food allergy, it's kinda important :)

Gabe - if you read this could you clear this up for me please  ;)?
Going to try a provisional post with what I know until Gabe can come and address this.

First, TT8 was our first product and it doesn't have a very unique name, just original blend, so many folk still refer to it as THE Tummy Tuneup. We may address this name issue in the future.

Second, our line of Tummy Tuneup probiotic products are like tools. You pick the best one for the job you are trying to accomplish. We have tried to simplify this process, but we still have some work to do.

TT6 and TT12 both contain milk derivatives. Even TT8 contains lactose, but does not contain any milk proteins, which is generally where the intolerance lies.

My personal opinion is that for a yeast problem TT6 is your best bet. We have just gone to a new formula which gives a LOT more Acidophilus, 4 billion vs 2 billion. (The new blend also contains milk derivative.) Why? Studies have shown that L. acidophilus retards the growth of yeast. Since yeast is constantly reproducing, it makes sense to hit it with Yeast Assassin to kill it off, and also use high doses of Acidophilus Blast (TT6) to retard it's regrowth. TT6 is an inexpensive way to get these high doses of Acidophilus.

However, I do not believe that a primarily acidophilus product is the best for repopulating your intestinal flora. That is where TT8 and TT12 come in. See each of the different strains of good bacteria do different things. Some of these have been identified, many have not. There is a lot that we don't know. We do know that a particular strain, "does good things" but not the why or the how of it. So, it is good to repopulate using a variety of methods. Supplements are good, but also fermented foods and soft cheeses are good. Repopulation doesn't happen overnight. I was told by a doctor that it could take up to 6 months after a course of antibiotics for intestinal flora to reach its pre-antibiotic levels. And that is with supplementing. Most people don't supplement, and end up with nagging conditions that they think are normal. "That's just the way my body is." They have never known differently, because almost all of us were introduced to antibiotics at an early age, and several times a year thereafter.

TT12 is obviously the Rolls Royce of probiotics. It contains the most strains and they come from several sources. It really is the best product for probiotic repopulation. But, it is also the most expensive, and is not as stable as TT8. It needs to be stored in a cool, dry place, or refrigerated, to maintain its potency. (So does TT6 new and old). TT8 is a breakthrough product that is super stable. I'm not saying that the potency is not at all affected by environmental conditions. I'm sure that it is. But the affects are much reduced. And, the numbers on the bottle are the estimated delivery assuming normal, unrefrigerated use. So you can carry it around in your diaper bag, or purse, or leave it sitting in the van like I do, for those times when you need it, and it will still get the job done. TT12 and TT6 wouldn't appreciate a day out on the town, and would lose much of their potency. TT8 is also cheaper, so for many, this is the probiotic of choice, the best all around product with the most usability.

Regarding the milk issue, I was reading in the "Yeast Syndrome", and I'll just post this section. "For milk-intolerant patients or those with outright milk allergies, an acceptable way to avoid adverse reatctions is to introduce potent amounts of the L. acidophilus organisms in small increments, beginning with one-quarter teaspoonful of powder or liquid--or one acidophilus capsule--two or three time daily into the gastrointestinal system. This technique will help to establish the production of necessary enzymes that aid in the digestion of milk or milk products, among other foostuffs. People with lactose intolerance (due to lack of the digestive enzymens lactase and beta-galactosidase on cells of the small intestine) appear to tolerate cultured dairy products better than milk itself. In one study of lactose-intolerant subjects who reported abdominal symptoms after ingestion of dairy products, no similar symptoms were found when they ate yogurt."

So, it seems that even though there may be some milk traces in these products, the products themselves might keep any adverse reactions from taking place, and continued use of the products can actually make the intolerance go away. For our part, we have had no reports of anybody having any kind of allergic reaction to any of the probiotics. Quite the opposite is true, with folks being able to better tolerate certain foods.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:59:37 PM by SteveTallent »
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »
Hey Against the Grain and Fivewittletids,

I didn't see you had asked about the Allerplex until just now.  it's from Standard Process and has really worked well for us.  I was going to name some of the ingred. there are alot. Among them are funugreek, alflafa and bovine stuff. Okay, if you go to www.standardprocess.com you can put the allerplex in the search and it will give you a list of what is in it.  It says you can see the brochure online but I was unable to. Not sure why.  It talks about immune and lung support though.  I asked her the other day about it b/c it does say it has soybean lecithin and peannut bran so I wanted to find out if he has a reaction to those things if that is bad. I am not sure he does but.......anyway, we have had good results with it.  There is also antronex which is a histamine thing. I have some but have never really used it much.  She had me do a white line test on him the other day. Ever heard of that? she said you take your nail or a pen and make a white line from the crook of your arm to your wrist and if after a few minutes it turns red you need that antihistamine thing.  Okay I can't remember her exact words for it (I was stressing at the time b/c Luke was having trouble breathing)but if it turns red you are messed up.  ;) His did not so we didn't do the atronex just the allerplex.  I am not sure but I think you have to find a "professional" that sells it I am not sure you can purchase online.  So anyway that's my "take" on the allerplex.  I am sure I have left you "wanting" in explanation, thus the link to their site.   ;D

P.S. I got my raw milk yesterday!! It was yummy. So, now I guess I need to learn to make the kefir.  It was so nice to let Luke drink a glass and not feel like I was contributing to the ruination of his health.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:53:32 AM by Pennie »

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »
hey Pennie--thanks!  i know a dr. (chiro) that sells it.  my son is sneezing now, think i'll go get him some. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2006, 02:47:14 PM »
Steve - I appreciate your lengthy explanation  ;) I'm still digesting all the info, but you have cleared up some of my questions! :D

That's very interesting and encouraging info from "Yeast Syndrome"!  So, I'm assuming what you're saying is to help repair the intestines, say from Leaky Gut (which I'm not sure if that's what my son has or not) TT8 or TT12 would be needed because of the number of strains? And it shouldn't matter if there's milk derivative because the enzymes contained in it would aid in digestion so there should not be a reaction?  Correct me if I'm not understanding correctly.

So, that said, since he's only 7 would I stay with a dosage of 1/4 tsp. 3x/day as suggested by "Yeast Syndrome" to repair the damage of the yeast?

Vanessa in Iowa

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
Steve - I appreciate your lengthy explanation  ;) I'm still digesting all the info, but you have cleared up some of my questions! :D

That's very interesting and encouraging info from "Yeast Syndrome"!  So, I'm assuming what you're saying is to help repair the intestines, say from Leaky Gut (which I'm not sure if that's what my son has or not) TT8 or TT12 would be needed because of the number of strains? And it shouldn't matter if there's milk derivative because the enzymes contained in it would aid in digestion so there should not be a reaction?  Correct me if I'm not understanding correctly.

So, that said, since he's only 7 would I stay with a dosage of 1/4 tsp. 3x/day as suggested by "Yeast Syndrome" to repair the damage of the yeast?

TT12 and/or TT8 would be my choice for repopulating the gut. TT6 (soon to be TT3) is cheap (at one per day a $19 bottle is a 4 month supply) and I would also supplement with it as it inhibits the reproduction of yeast. So, one capsule of TT3 per day (per Yeast Syndrome) and one TT8 per day for say, three months. If he is having problems digesting his meals, then one TT8 with meals, either as capsule, in drink or sprinkled on food. TT8 doesn't have as many strains as TT12, but it is more powerful. If you're concerned that perhaps that is too much, then consider TT2 with one meal, TT8 with another, and perhaps one or the other with another meal. After the 3 months, consider switching from TT8 to TT12 to continue repopulation with more strains. Probably will have to increase dosage to 2-3 capsules per day. Since it is cheap I would continue the use of the TT3 also as it will keep the yeast at bay allowing the TT12 to get established more quickly. Also adding naturally fermented foods to your diet, sourkraut, kabucha, etc., will speed along the process and is very safe. Garlic, freshly pressed (eaten within 10 minutes of pressing) or aged, odorless also helps, but I'm not sure how. Just a reference in Yeast Syndrome. And if it were my son, I would carefully try to use Yeast Assassin in small doses. With the first hint of a problem I would seek out another capryllic acid product or get a doctor to prescribe Nystatin. Yeast Syndrome states that capryllic acid with acidophilus and garlic is at least as effective as Nystatin.

I know that it seems a very long time to be buying supplements and stuffing them down your poor child. But imagine a forest fire sweeps across the land near your home. The first thing to come back are the really hardy weeds. A few trees start up but they are almost choked out and they look pretty puny. Trying to nurture that land back to health will take quite a while. Well, antibiotics are like a forest fire in the gut, consuming friend and foe without distinction. Yeast is the weed that you just can't kill and seems to grow up everywhere. It's going to take time, but you will see results almost immediately, especially with TT8. The reason is not that you are now "healed", but that while the probiotics are in the system they'll do their good work, but they may not, and most will not, take hold. They'll pass out and then you'll lose the benefit of them. So, if you start seeing progress, rejoice, but keep going.

And yes, it does appear that it doesn't matter if probiotics are from a milk source because the probiotics themselves help break down the milk, thus preventing allergic reaction.

The statements in this post are my own personal opinion and are not to be taken as policies or recommendations of Beeyoutiful.com.
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2006, 06:29:20 PM »
I have a 9 week old baby who's the youngest of our 5 children. With the "cold and flu season" approaching (and my #3 5yo vomiting this am but thankfully very short lived) I'm wondering how to use it with him when something starts goin' around? He's exclusively breast fed and nearly gags when he takes a bottle of breast milk  :-\. So,  I imagine my taking Tummy Tuneup isn't going to help him get the probiotics. Could I just open a capsule, sprinkle some on my finger and let him suck it off?

Also, I'm wondering when you carry Tummy Tuneup with you in the diaper bag, etc. is this just so you have it in case someone feels ill, or because it's a daily supplement with each meal and that way you have it and aren't missing a dosage being away from home?

Vanessa in Iowa

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »
If he's exclusively breastfed, he will get some benefit from nursing if you're taking them.  You can use your finger if he'll take it.  You can also sprinkle it on your nipples and let him take it while nursing. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline rockinmyworld

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2006, 12:49:21 PM »
Hey...I'm new to all this candida stuff and...I have a bunch of questions. If anyone could help me, I'd be EXTREMELY grateful!!

-I read on a website that you shouldn't have any fruit, but then on another site I read that "any fruit that is considered an "acid fruit" is okay during this diet. (ie. Acerola cherry, sour apple, (granny smith), cranberry, currant, gooseberry, grapefruit, sour (green) grape, kumquat, lemon, lime, loganberry, orange, sour peach, pineapple, sour plum, pomegranate, strawberry, tangerine, tomato.)" And then on yet another site I read that you can have "Limited quantities of fruit (three daily)." So...which is true? Should I stay away from all fruits? And if so, for how long?

-I know you shouldn't have honey, but how about Stevia or vegetable glycerin?

-Why is watermelon a no-no?

-I have low blood sugar, so...what do you suggest, since I'm supposed to eliminate all sugar from my diet?

-What foods do you siggest eating for breakfast?

-Should I stay away from ALL dairy products right now?

-What about yogurt? Is that allowed? And if so, how much?

-I read that you shouldn't give Yeast Assasin to a child? What age is that for? Under 12?

-Should I stop my other vitamins and supplements while on this diet?

-Should I try to cut out all grains like spelt and rice? Or should I simply limit my intake to 25 g. daily?

-What about oat bran, rice bran, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa, and millet? Are these ok on this diet?

-Also...this may sound a little weird, but...my mom said that she's heard that beef turns into acid, and too much acid causes growth of yeast, so...should beef be used sparingly? What about other meats?

I know this is a TON of questions, but...I feel like I don't know anything about this, but...I wanna make sure I do everything right here! If anyone can help me, I would be soooo happy! Thanx a TON!!!

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2006, 06:36:19 PM »
Steve -  I was just reading over your loooooong posts again to get a better understanding of the different TT products since I should be getting ours tomorrow.  I talked with our alternative Dr. and he said for the next 2  months to add in Prescript Assist (from his office) and also give him a good acidophilus product  :D   I really feel the yeast has been killed (or at least greatly reduced by the parasite med and homeopathic Helmin he's been on. So now we just need to repair his system and hopefully that will rid or at least greatly reduce his asthma enough to get him off the corticosteroid meds :P

I just wanted say thank you again and let you know how much I appreciate your time in posting all that information for me (an all those who have read it). It has been a great help and I'm sure I'll refer back to it many, many times since there was so much great info.  I really appreciate you. :)
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline rockinmyworld

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2006, 09:58:06 AM »
Oh...and also, how about beans and green tea? I've heard conflicting things on beans...like they're loaded w/ carbs, but free of gluten, yeast and sugar, so...you should be able to use them sparingly, right? As far as the tea, I read that you shouldn't have black tea, but I'm not sure if that includes green tea, too?  ??? Any help?

Thought I'd post again instead of editing, so I could bump this up  :P

Offline aleviola

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »
I am getting ready to order yeast assassin and tummy tuneup 6.  However, I do have some concerns.

I am Italian (from Italy) and our diet is full of pasta.   However, we do eat a lot of other healthy grains (I grind my own wheat and make whole wheat bread) we don't have candy and sugary stuff lying around the house, so our only intake would be the pasta at lunch, honey on toast, potatoes once in a while.

Is it pointless for me to do attempt a cleanse like this without going for the diet? Or is it just going to take a little longer?

I went in remission once and felt so great and now it's back.  I have no idea what I did, but it was gone, and I had so much energy for the first time in my life.  Now, I'm back to being tired, my psoriasis is back, I itch a lot, I cant' sleep at night. I hope I can pull this off, I hope I can do it without the diet.

Carla
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 12:35:16 PM by aleviola »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »
Is it pointless for me to do attempt a cleanse like this without going for the diet? Or is it just going to take a little longer?

Read this post.

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1923.msg17568.html#msg17568
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2006, 06:22:39 PM »
Pennie - the Meridian test shows where there's weakness in the body that could be causing the allergy. Our Dr.'s website www.PreventionAndHealing.com under articles describes what it is - I think you have to scroll down a bit - It's called Acupuncture Meridian Assessment.

With my asthmatic son I have learned that there are a LOT of different things that can trigger it in each person. So, it's almost like a general symptom for a bazillion different causes :-\

Tell me about allerplex - is it a homeopathic remedy for pollen allergies? We have tried soooooo many things over the last 6 years to no avail. I'm really praying this Dr. finds the root cause. Plus I wonder if he has leaky gut - that's why I'd like a probiotic for him.

Anxious to hear how it goes on Monday!!

hey Vanessa, just thought i'd share with ya, my dr. that i asked doesn't sell the allerplex, but he gave me Allerstat 2 which is a homeopathic and it works great!  it's liquid so gets to them quickly and he only needs it every 12 hours!  wish i'd had this years ago!   ::) 

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2006, 02:52:37 AM »
hey Vanessa, just thought i'd share with ya, my dr. that i asked doesn't sell the allerplex, but he gave me Allerstat 2 which is a homeopathic and it works great!  it's liquid so gets to them quickly and he only needs it every 12 hours!  wish i'd had this years ago!   ::) 

Is the Allerstat 2 from standard process?  After the whole "regimen" my dr has Luke on, now I am thinking all this time we should have been taking the antronex instead of hte allerplex.  Right now he is taking both. 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2006, 04:37:31 PM »
hey Vanessa, just thought i'd share with ya, my dr. that i asked doesn't sell the allerplex, but he gave me Allerstat 2 which is a homeopathic and it works great!  it's liquid so gets to them quickly and he only needs it every 12 hours!  wish i'd had this years ago!   ::)  

Is the Allerstat 2 from standard process?  After the whole "regimen" my dr has Luke on, now I am thinking all this time we should have been taking the antronex instead of hte allerplex.  Right now he is taking both.  

nope, it's made by Energique Homeopathic. 

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2006, 04:46:25 PM »
I have a YA and TT question..  DH has bad seasonal allergies and a bit of a tendancy towards ADD so I had him take the yeast/spit test and after a while we saw a little bit of 'stringing' so I got some YA and a probiotic and along with the diet he's been faithfully taking these for a week now. 

My question is he has never experienced any detox symptoms, does this mean he doesn't have much of a problem?   ???  and is it worth continuing with the diet (which is pulling teeth for him) or could I back off to maybe the second stage of the diet?

-Confused in TX!

Offline jm3collum

• Adept
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2006, 04:46:04 PM »
Yippee!! I finally got my TT and YA!  I started to take it yesterday.  So far, I don't feel too many detox symptoms but tonite I am feeling a bit shaky.  I looked it up and found a few threads on it as a result of other things.  Has anyone had this kind of nervousness before?  I'm drinking tons of water.

Michelle
Michelle

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
Ok, I may be really desne  :-\  but just to clarify:  Stop taking Kombucha during this time?  Because it has a lot of sugar?  Just want to be sure.  I am expecting my YA and TTU soon and don't want to screw it up.   ::)

Thanks!
Jenn
Jenn :D

Offline grc

• Learning
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2006, 01:47:23 AM »
I'm on day 5 of YA and TT. the first 20hrs I had bad detox symptoms, but I feel really good now.  I'm suprised how quickly my cravings went away.  I've eaten very little only because I'm not very hungry. I'm sticking very close to the yeast connection diet, as close as I can.

My question is before this I was very regular I never gave my bowel movements a second thought, but I've only gone twice since starting this, I drink over a gallon of water a day and I don't feel bloated or uncomfortable.  Should I be concerned? Should I do something?

I've been taking 2YA,1TT, and 1 Supermom twice a day and TT8 after meals.

Thanks,
GRC

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
I'm on day 3 today, and no symptoms so that's cool.  Does that mean I'm healthy?  (hopefully?)   ;D
Jenn :D

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »
    I'm back on the TT and YA after being off of it for awhile, and am trying to stay off sugars but did splurge a little. Today i feel completely exhausted and rather short tempered,  >:( and i've noticed that whenever i do have something sweet, i feel very bloated. Yuck!! This is what seems weird to me. I took the yeast test, where you answer like 10 questions, and according to that i don't have yeast. The reason i deicded to go back on the TT and YA was because i feel awful after sweets, and i'm losing hair like crazy and have bad dandruff. Points to yeast, but i'm kind of at a loss to know what's going on. Anyone experience anything like this?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »
Read this article and see if it helps at all.

http://healthychristianliving.com/leaky_gut_syndrome.htm
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline grc

• Learning
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »
I am so grateful for this group. I just finished my first bottle of YA with TT.  The help I received reading your posts was wonderful. 
My detox symptoms were fairly mild in fact if I hadn't read about it here I wouldn't have seen the connection.
 I have eaten as poorly in my life as the average American and I've had quite a few questionable meals in far away places, I've always had pets, so I was fully prepared for parasites.  In fact that was my primary concern the yeast just seemed like an added bonus but i didn't see anything abnormal(mind you, I looked but I didn't dig around for things :-\).  Was four weeks enough time? I want to do a liver cleanse or 2 before I do the Master Cleanse and I want to get it all done before Thanksgiving, but I 've read to make sure the parasites are gone.  I plan to take another bottle of the YA, do I continue it during the Master Cleanse or just stop temporarily?

Aug 3 was my 35th birthday and I kept telling everyone I was having a midlife crisis.  I just felt 80, no documented illnness, just tired run down and unable to walk past a stale sugar packet without wanting it.  This has already turned my physical and mental state around dramatically.  Thank you to everyone who posted here.

GRC

Offline Caroline

• Adept
    • New Little Blessing
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
I tried searching the archives, and I couldn't find my answer.  I have started giving my 3 year old tummy tune up, and it has been working great for him! He has a lot of REALLY smelly gas, and his stomach seems bloated a lot. This has been helping his gas. I just don't know how much I can give him.  Also, is it harmful to put it in a bowl of hot oatmeal? I didn't know if the heat would damage the pill or not.  Thanks!
Caroline
www.newlittleblessing.com
Ergos, Pregnancy/Ovulation tests, Books, Modest Patterns, Modest Nursing covers, Baby and Child size slings and Vitamins!

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »
I don't know if the heat would kill off some of the bacteria or not.  I put my 5yo dd in yogurt, applesauce would work too or anything along that line.  You can even put it in their milk, but shake well as it kind of clumps.

I don't think that you can give too much, but I am no expert.  I give to my youngest (was 4 now 5 ) a whole capsule whenever she has a tummy ache and it always takes care of it the first time.  On a regular basis, I would think once a day would be good, with another if the need arises (tummy troubles)

HTH

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »
BUMP
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2006, 05:49:46 AM »
Which version of tummy tuneup would you recommend for daily use during pregnancy?  I wanted to get some for morning sickness, but my midwife is also starting me on some immune boosting suppliments, including acidophilus.  So I will need to take ot every day.

Acidophilus blast is much cheaper, and if that is sufficient, that would be nice.  Though I would buy the Original Blend, if that is what would be best. Or, is there a reason I need both?  Any thoughts?  I'd like to get my order in by tomorrow.  Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2006, 06:11:01 AM »
Which version of tummy tuneup would you recommend for daily use during pregnancy? 

Check Steve's earlier post...
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3484.msg17272.html#msg17272

All versions are safe to take while pregnant.  Choose your product based on your needs.
  My favorite herb book!!