Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 298898 times)

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #930 on: June 15, 2009, 12:47:40 PM »
Is it time to revive the T-tapp thread again? 
I just received an email from ttapp and it talked about bootcamps and blitzes.
They consider a blitz  a quick way to lose inches really fast.  You do 2 ttapp workouts 2 days in a row and then take off the 3rd day.
This is from the email:
Now a blitz ..isn't necessary but it works well for special occasions.  Basically, a blitz is when you do 2 T-Tapp workouts* per day for 2 days in a row.  Typically, most people lose at least 6 to 8 inches when they complete a blitz IF they take day 3 off.  You read that correctly -- it's important to take the third day off for maximum results.  Also when doing a blitz, you'll want to be more mindful about what you're eating, drinking, and do each workout to your personal best.  Mindful movement done to the max makes a BIG difference during any T-Tapp bootcamp or blitz!

I was thinking of trying this later this week as I won't be able to make it to the gym any this week.  I have Ttapp to tempo and the lower body dvds so it would be those workouts.
I'll probably do Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday... Anyone else want to join me?  I'll let you know my progress...

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #931 on: June 16, 2009, 05:44:15 AM »
Is it time to revive the T-tapp thread again? 
I just received an email from ttapp and it talked about bootcamps and blitzes.
They consider a blitz  a quick way to lose inches really fast.  You do 2 ttapp workouts 2 days in a row and then take off the 3rd day.
This is from the email:
Now a blitz ..isn't necessary but it works well for special occasions.  Basically, a blitz is when you do 2 T-Tapp workouts* per day for 2 days in a row.  Typically, most people lose at least 6 to 8 inches when they complete a blitz IF they take day 3 off.  You read that correctly -- it's important to take the third day off for maximum results.  Also when doing a blitz, you'll want to be more mindful about what you're eating, drinking, and do each workout to your personal best.  Mindful movement done to the max makes a BIG difference during any T-Tapp bootcamp or blitz!

I was thinking of trying this later this week as I won't be able to make it to the gym any this week.  I have Ttapp to tempo and the lower body dvds so it would be those workouts.
I'll probably do Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday... Anyone else want to join me?  I'll let you know my progress...

How funny!! I was just thinking about that email and wondering when I should do it!!

Do you know which 2 T-tapp workouts would have to be done?? I mean do we have to do the TOTAL 2 times in 1 day?? I wish they would clarify that in the email.

I just started a bootcamp, so I'm gonna stick to that and then after I'm done with the bootcamp, I might try the blitz. Sounds easy enough..

Also, can we do that all the time?? Do 2 workouts per day for 2 days and take the 3rd day off?? And just do our workouts that way or would that be too much??

Please do let us know your results!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #932 on: June 16, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
It sounds from the email like you can do any 2 workouts you want, but it is probably more beneficial to do 2 different ones as long as they were longer (not just BWO).  I would probably check their forum site for examples.  I only have the 2 dvds (total workout to tempo, and the lower body one) so those are the 2 I would do each day.
I'm not planning on more than just the 2 days.  I've started back at the gym again, but can't get there this week due to additional drama in my life so I want to just lie low later this week and not go out, and I thought that the blitz would be fun!  Plus I've lost some weight lately and I really want to tighten up some of the looseness around my middle and ttapp is what has always worked the best for me with this.
I'm going to do Thursday and Friday blitz with Saturday off, and hiking on Sunday and return to the gym on Monday.  I'm also going to do some major cleansing of my diet as well those days, along with skin brushing so I'm hoping for some great results!

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #933 on: June 16, 2009, 04:40:28 PM »
From what I understood from the TTapp email, a blitz is only two days, no longer.  Teresa said to only do it every six months, at the most, if I read it correctly.  Right now, I just finished a 14 day bootcamp of BWO, skipped a day and now am doing a 4 day bootcamp of TWO.  The dvds I have are the old Maxi Max 1 and 2. (I also have the VHS of BWO, SATI and Instructional #2)  The Maxi Max series contain TWO, plus HTF and some other stuff.  I did the entire Maxi Max #2 yesterday, but only through all of the standing stuff today.  It TOTALLY wiped me out!!!!  I am hoping to see some results.  My hormones are totally messed up.  I can't seem to make my weight budge very much and I am getting a bit discouraged!  Only two more days of bootcamp, then I think that I will skip a day or two and then do EOD of TWO, along with walking, jogging intervals, other dvds, etc....  (I just got Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I really like it.) I just don't want to sabotage any TTapp progress.

Wouldn't it be great to go to the retreat and take in all of that instruction and information?  Is anyone on WTM going?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:42:36 PM by crystal »

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #934 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »
Right now, I just finished a 14 day bootcamp of BWO, skipped a day and now am doing a 4 day bootcamp of TWO. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think that might be way too much!! You are only supposed to do 1 bootcamp every so often.. I believe no closer than 6 weeks..AND you're supposed to take at least 2 days off before starting to exercise again..  I suggest you slow down.. it seems like you might already be burning out!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #935 on: June 17, 2009, 09:55:18 AM »
Right now, I just finished a 14 day bootcamp of BWO, skipped a day and now am doing a 4 day bootcamp of TWO. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.. but I think that might be way too much!! You are only supposed to do 1 bootcamp every so often.. I believe no closer than 6 weeks..AND you're supposed to take at least 2 days off before starting to exercise again..  I suggest you slow down.. it seems like you might already be burning out!!

Maybe.  Has anyone contacted a certified trainer and asked them specific questions about your personalized workout, dealing with your personal issues?  I have some major hormone stuff and have had for most of my adult life. 

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #936 on: June 18, 2009, 07:40:05 AM »

I know that if you go to the T-tapp forum, you can ask all sorts of questions there and regular people will answer ALONG with trainers. Its very helpful over there.. I would post on there and see what they say.
Maybe.  Has anyone contacted a certified trainer and asked them specific questions about your personalized workout, dealing with your personal issues?  I have some major hormone stuff and have had for most of my adult life. 

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #937 on: June 18, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »

I know that if you go to the T-tapp forum, you can ask all sorts of questions there and regular people will answer ALONG with trainers. Its very helpful over there.. I would post on there and see what they say.

I actually emailed one of the trainers last night.  She responded today with some questions and then asked for my phone number, saying that she would call me to talk about my specific issues.  I am excited to get some "professional" advice.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #938 on: June 18, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »
I've completed day 1 of my blitz and it was a bit harder than I thought it would be.  I did TWO to Tempo this morning and spent a couple of hours swimming at the pool after lunch and then did Tempo lower body/floor  after that. 
My eating wasn't perfect, but I think it was alright.
I did skin brushing twice and took my supplements including EFAs.  I also drank about a 3 quarts of water (so I'm hoping this will offset any bad dietary things).
I've also had a very strenuous/physically exhausing week before starting this, so I'm hoping that is the reason that I'm more tired than normal.
Off to get plenty of sleep for the night now....

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #939 on: June 19, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »
Well, it would appear that the blitz is over....
I did great yesterday, but today was so busy that it's now 7pm here and I'm just getting an opportunity to Ttapp and I'm really just ready to collapse.  I spent 3 hours in the garden (at 90+degree temps) this am and put up stuff all afternoon.
I'll probably measure/weight tomorrow just to see how doing 2 workouts in one day went though...

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #940 on: June 19, 2009, 07:23:10 PM »
I talked for a half an hour to a TTapp trainer on the phone this afternoon.  It was great!  She was so knowledgeable and helpful!  She said that I could email any of the trainers anytime or, now that I have her number, that I could call her anytime I have a question.  She stressed the importance of concentrating on only the instructionals for quite a while.  She said that it really takes a while to feel the nuances of TTapp, to be aware of how the body should come into alignment.  It was SO great to be able to ask her certain questions.  I picked this particular trainer because, after reading all of the bios, she sounded like she dealt with some of the same things that I do.

I would suggest that some of you other TTappers think of emailing a trainer, if you have specific questons.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #941 on: June 20, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
I talked for a half an hour to a TTapp trainer on the phone this afternoon.  It was great!  She was so knowledgeable and helpful!  She said that I could email any of the trainers anytime or, now that I have her number, that I could call her anytime I have a question.  She stressed the importance of concentrating on only the instructionals for quite a while.  She said that it really takes a while to feel the nuances of TTapp, to be aware of how the body should come into alignment.  It was SO great to be able to ask her certain questions.  I picked this particular trainer because, after reading all of the bios, she sounded like she dealt with some of the same things that I do.

I would suggest that some of you other TTappers think of emailing a trainer, if you have specific questons.

Great to know!! I'll definitely keep that in mind! 

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #942 on: June 25, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »
Do any of you tappers know anything about magnesium oil or pantethine (B-5)?  Mag oil is an item that the TTapp site/forum encourages the use of.  Pantethine usage was suggested to me by the TTapp trainer that I talked to.  I tried to find some info here on WTM about both of these items.  Not much info. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:41:31 PM by crystal »

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #943 on: August 24, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »
I just wanted to say that Teresa did a really nice thing for a friend of mine.  She responded to me "personally" in an email in response to my inquiry and I just thought that was really awesome.  AND after having the total workout for about 3 years or maybe a little more I am finally adding in the Instr. 2.  I know.....I'm a wimp.  I have had trouble sticking w/ even the BWO+  However, now that I have acutally gone thru the whole instr. 2 I really love it!  I'm sort of addicted to it now b/c I like the arm workout.....I hate my arms.......and by then you are just about done.  I just "figured" it was too hard and never went all the way thru.  I am really excited now that maybe I can actually get my body into a different shape  ;D 

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #944 on: September 17, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »
So after slacking for quite a while, I am considering starting my t-tapping again....  ::)

I am a little worried though. It seems that EVERY time I start t-tapping... my back starts going out.

For example, when I don't t-tapp.. my back hardly EVERY moves in or out of place. As soon as I start tapping.. it is moving in and out ALL day!!

Any idea WHY that might be happening??

I am a little nervous.. but I NEED to lose this weight!!

How many of you are still sticking to it?? What's your "schedule"? What are your results??

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #945 on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:23 AM »
My Chiro watched my video to see what she thought...she said it was all good except that in the time you are gaining balance on moves where you might wobble, she would recomend holding on to a chair.  She said that until you have a strong back, the excess wobbling can cause you to misalign your back.  Made sense to me bacause I was needing adjustments on my hip more often from the hoe downs! 

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #946 on: September 18, 2009, 06:29:34 PM »
So after slacking for quite a while, I am considering starting my t-tapping again....  ::)

I am a little worried though. It seems that EVERY time I start t-tapping... my back starts going out.

For example, when I don't t-tapp.. my back hardly EVERY moves in or out of place. As soon as I start tapping.. it is moving in and out ALL day!!

Any idea WHY that might be happening??

I am a little nervous.. but I NEED to lose this weight!!

How many of you are still sticking to it?? What's your "schedule"? What are your results??

I had a bad back for a long time. Very bad. Well, I think that maybe it could have something to do with back strength. I think it is important to really tighten those back muscles when you workout. Form is so important, making sure those lats are tight etc. This is just my theory, that the stronger the back muscles are the better they will hold you spine where it should be. Also, maybe (again another theory of mine) as you are moving and flexing your back during T-tapp you are limbering it up so that it has more range of motion. More range of motion/flexibility plus a possible need to strengthen those back muscles could equal your back going out of place more??

Maybe try do the head rocks anytime you feel your back going out of whack. Really lock those lats when you do it. Do you have basic workout tempo version? The form tweaks on the back stretch you see on the tempo version are awesome! I love them.

I hope I made some sense!   :D
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #947 on: September 20, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
I'm sticking with BWO+ consistently 3x a week. It's good for circulation, alignment, and tone.  When I feel like it isn't doing as much for me I go back and go through the instructional and concentrate on tightening everything and keeping perfect form. The same 15 minute workout can make me sore and out of breath just by working on form and tightening.
I didn't lose lbs with any amount of exercise or diet adjustments. Ttapp has made me feel and look better, just no difference on the scale. I'm not obese. My issue seems to be hormones. Just last month I dropped 6 lbs, and am thinking I may loose more as my hormone levels adjust.

My back is more limber too on ttapp exercise. I think it is a good thing and means things are moving as they should instead of being locked up in tense muscles.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #948 on: September 21, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »
I just did a 7 day boot camp.  First two days I did the TWO but then kept reading all the "harping"  :D about form so went w/ Ins. 2.  So now that bootcamp is over I am going to alternate b/t inst. 1 and 2 for awhile til I really get it righter.   ;D

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #949 on: January 14, 2010, 09:48:54 AM »
Just bought the old label T-Tapp BWO+ and Step Away... DVD set, that also comes with the Yes You Can dvd, clearanced out (b/c they've changed the label) for 22.50 (unfortunately, shipping is $8, but still this seemed liked an ok deal for the dvds).  Just found out I'm pregnant w/ #4 and would really like to do some exercise during this pregnancy to maintain the weight I'm at now (and hopefully to help get back to this weight soon after delivery)  The last three I've gained an average of 25 lbs during pregnancy, but there hasn't been as much time between #3 and #4, so I don't feel like I'm in that great of shape starting out (I'm def. not in that great of shape to begin w/, since I do VERY little exercising, but would like to do some toning). 
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline rthrift

• Learning
« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
Just curious if any of you "Tappers" are still at it? I started about 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it! I'm only doing Basic+ right now,but I'm thinking about starting Instr. #2 this coming week.
 I would love to hear from some of you that have been at it for a while!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
Took a few weeks off with traveling and the holidays, but yes, I'm still a "ttapper". I've stuck with BWO+ because 15 minutes is what I can do consistently with our current circumstances. I could be called a "farmgirl" so it's not like that is the only movement in my life.  ;D I can still get accelerated heartrate, "burn", and toning from that one workout and it definitely keeps my spine in alignment.
Works for me.  :)

Offline rthrift

• Learning
« Reply #952 on: February 01, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
Have you lost inches/weight with doing just that work out? I tried to add some of instr.2 today,but, My, is it hard!!! Maybe I will stick with the basic wo u and add a little more every week or so. Maybe...

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #953 on: February 01, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
Inches...yes! Weight...slowly and I'm about 8 lbs from where I want to be. I needed to correct my metabolism and hormone levels. I think TTapp  helps with that, but for me I don't think it was the breaking point.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #954 on: January 11, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
For sale----T-Tapp Basic Workout Plus.  Asking $18 plus shipping.  pm me
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »
I am just wandering of those of you that has lost inches with t tapp, did you diet also. I know that she says you don't have to, but then I gather that there is this God made man made diet that is a diet. Plus on the forum there are many things about dieting.

I have been doing the BWO + and have lost a total of 5 inches on the top half of my body but gained in my legs. I am a spider type body. So my arms and legs don't get fat when my stomach is. So I am guessing that it is muscle. But I am not feeling very happy right now as I have been keeping with it and I thought today I would try on a skirt that I  like to try on to gauge how I am going with weight gain and loss, thinking it would be so big on me, but it isn't it is kind of tighter than I ever remember. WHY! I have been doing the bwo+ and half frogs and then crunches and then half frogs again at least 4 but mostly 5 days a week for the last month.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »
I think everyone's body and metabolism is different. I was able to lose @ 5-7lbs with T-Tapp when I started. But nothing more than that. Once I dieted AND kept up with T-tapp, I was able to lose a lot of weight. I LOVE T-tapp for maintenance.

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #957 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:56 PM »
I am just wandering if anyone has had back trouble with T tapp? My back has been giving me trouble since doing t tapp. It is mostly my pelvis that keeps going out. My Osteopath (like Chiro) keeps telling me that she does not like me doing the bending over. She says it will put my hips out.

I am more tone with T-tapp and am scared to not do it. but then again I have been doing it faithfully for almost two years and have not lost any weight and not any more inches. I am just a bit more tone. I am actually over weight for the first time in my life. I eat pretty healthy too. I think the stressing over having the right form is killing me on the whole thing. That is what you hear all the time. Right Form. I have watched and ordered more dvds and done all the form tips over and over and read the book and studied the forms in the book. I don't see how I could be getting the form so wrong. My husband even watches me to help me make sure I get the form and he thinks I am doing it as well. I think I am giving up on T-tapp and going back to walking for my main exercise.