Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 369698 times)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #900 on: February 22, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
Any chance you can get to a ttapp trainer even for one session to check  your form on some of the workouts you already are familiar with?

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #901 on: February 23, 2009, 06:23:25 AM »
Any chance you can get to a ttapp trainer even for one session to check  your form on some of the workouts you already are familiar with?

I tried to find one, but it doesn't look like they have any over in my state... I'll keep looking though!  ;D
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #902 on: February 23, 2009, 08:22:30 PM »
I've skimmed through this looking for the info I thought I saw before, but now can't find it....

how soon after having a baby can you resume ttapp?

I have basic workout plus.  I know the hoedowns probably need to wait a few weeks, but how about the rest of it?  the "organs in place" exercise ok immediately or not?

the baby is 1wk now and I could use something soon but have to be careful not to overdo it.

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #903 on: February 24, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »
BUMP....how soon after having a baby can you resume ttapp?

I've skimmed through this looking for the info I thought I saw before, but now can't find it....

I have basic workout plus.  I know the hoedowns probably need to wait a few weeks, but how about the rest of it?  the "organs in place" exercise ok immediately or not?

the baby is 1wk now and I could use something soon but have to be careful not to overdo it.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #904 on: February 24, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »
BUMP....how soon after having a baby can you resume ttapp?

I'm definitely no expert, and you might find better advice on the TTapp forums, but I would give it at least 6 weeks, maybe closer to 10 before starting back exercise.  This is just my personal view/bias.  You know your body best and how it would react and what you feel comfortable doing; I would encourage you just to start very slowly and see how you feel.  I would just err on the side of caution.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #905 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »
Milmuth, I have/use BWO and think that you should wait at least 6 weeks. OIP should be ok  and maybe even be beneficial if you simply do the lifting of the organs and side/back bends. Most of the others involve squatting.   :-\ IMO you would want to avoid any exercise that puts downward pressure on the pelvic area until everything is healed and tight again.

Do some other exercises instead. I've always started within a couple days of birth doing some while lying on my back. Not sure how to describe them. One that always feels good is to draw your knees up and then tighten the gluts and stomach to lift your bottom off the floor. For me it helps get my pelvis realigned and gently starts retighten those stretched abs.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #906 on: February 25, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
Kegels helped me but I, also, would caution on too much too fast!  It can do more harm than good and, for me, has a tendency to dry up my milk.

Offline milmuth

• Adept
« Reply #907 on: February 25, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
thanks ladies.  boysmama-that sounds like what I need.  things feel "out" and I need something to encourage them back the right way, but also concerned on overdoing it.  something non-aerobic like oip. I am doing kegels, but 3 babies in 3yrs...need a bit more.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #908 on: February 27, 2009, 09:21:07 AM »
URGENT!!
Ladies! I need your help!!

I have the great "privilage" to order some ttapp dvds today!! Due to some sales/specials... I think I need to place an order today! Or at least I want to place one today!!

What I need help with is this: I need to order the ABSOLUTE BEST dvd workout that they have for the stomach/abs/belly/love handles.

Can you tell me what you have & what has actually worked for that area of your body specifically??

They sent me a list of Dvds... but I need to know which is the best. Here's what they sent me:

1. Hit the Floor Combo: Includes 2 30-minute workouts that primarily focus on the abs, but also work the legs, strengthen the lower back and increase flexibility in the hips.  Also has an excellent crunch sequence near the end of the workout. Price $39.95
2. Hit the Floor Harder: The next level up after Hit the Floor Combo, this routine in 50-minutes, includes a warm up and additional lower body moves (includes the crunch sequence as well). Price $39.95
3. Tempo Lower Body: Combination of the Total Workout and Hit the Floor (30 minutes standing, 30 minutes floor) with additional lower body moves, such as Awesome Legs, Pretzel Twist and Diva Derriere.  Does not include the crunch sequence though. Price $34.95
4. Ladybug Workout: Combination of the Total Workout and Hit the Floor (40 minutes standing, 26 minutes floor) with focus on hormonal balance.  This one works the abdominals with a focus is from waist to knee. Price $34.95
5. Maxi Max #1 and #2 Set: This set includes 2 60+minute workouts that work the entire body, but both have a floor section with moves from Hit the Floor plus additional exercises for lower body sculpting.  Price $25.00 through February 28th!

Which ONE should I BUY!?!????  ??? 
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #909 on: February 27, 2009, 04:59:03 PM »
You might want to ask over on the t-tapp forum.  There are a lot of trainers over there who are good at decisions.  :)

I would think either HTF or Ladybug.  But, I've never done ladybug, so I can't compare. 

The maxi-max videos are L-O-N-G.  I"m thinking that would be prohibitive.  I just can't face 75 minute long workouts....

Let us know what you decide!  :)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #910 on: February 27, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
URGENT!!
Ladies! I need your help!!

I have the great "privilage" to order some ttapp dvds today!! Due to some sales/specials... I think I need to place an order today! Or at least I want to place one today!!

What I need help with is this: I need to order the ABSOLUTE BEST dvd workout that they have for the stomach/abs/belly/love handles.

Can you tell me what you have & what has actually worked for that area of your body specifically??

They sent me a list of Dvds... but I need to know which is the best. Here's what they sent me:

1. Hit the Floor Combo: Includes 2 30-minute workouts that primarily focus on the abs, but also work the legs, strengthen the lower back and increase flexibility in the hips.  Also has an excellent crunch sequence near the end of the workout. Price $39.95
2. Hit the Floor Harder: The next level up after Hit the Floor Combo, this routine in 50-minutes, includes a warm up and additional lower body moves (includes the crunch sequence as well). Price $39.95
3. Tempo Lower Body: Combination of the Total Workout and Hit the Floor (30 minutes standing, 30 minutes floor) with additional lower body moves, such as Awesome Legs, Pretzel Twist and Diva Derriere.  Does not include the crunch sequence though. Price $34.95
4. Ladybug Workout: Combination of the Total Workout and Hit the Floor (40 minutes standing, 26 minutes floor) with focus on hormonal balance.  This one works the abdominals with a focus is from waist to knee. Price $34.95
5. Maxi Max #1 and #2 Set: This set includes 2 60+minute workouts that work the entire body, but both have a floor section with moves from Hit the Floor plus additional exercises for lower body sculpting.  Price $25.00 through February 28th!

Which ONE should I BUY!?!????  ??? 

You might want to ask over on the t-tapp forum.  There are a lot of trainers over there who are good at decisions.  :)

I would think either HTF or Ladybug.  But, I've never done ladybug, so I can't compare. 

The maxi-max videos are L-O-N-G.  I"m thinking that would be prohibitive.  I just can't face 75 minute long workouts....

Let us know what you decide!  :)

I was all ready to go with just Hit The Floor..... I thought that was all they had for the belly area... and then they bombarded me with all the other ones!  ::)   :P

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #911 on: February 27, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »
I was reading on the website, and they recommended Hit the Floor Combo for exactly the areas you mentioned.  I'm alternating TTWO with BWO+ every other day, and I have the same problem areas as you.  HTF will be my next purchase!

cecac

« Reply #912 on: February 28, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info.  I think I'll go on over to T-Tapp and get the Hit the Floor.  I already have BWO+, so that'll be enough to get me motivated to get started again.

I got some major ab issues after that 11 pound baby boy came out 9 mos ago. :o  And too, my lower back is a mess. :P

I bet this'll do the trick!!

Cara

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
I was reading on the website, and they recommended Hit the Floor Combo for exactly the areas you mentioned.  I'm alternating TTWO with BWO+ every other day, and I have the same problem areas as you.  HTF will be my next purchase!

Ok! I think thats what I'm gonna get!! Thanks!!!  ;D

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #914 on: April 01, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
Hi I have not been here for a while an wondered how everyone was doing with their t-tappin? I wanted to say that I have HTF and really like it as an in-between w/o. It is a nice change to be on the floor. I feel that it has trimmed me up too.

Any results from those who just made a purchase? Cecac, its_me? anyone else?

Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #915 on: April 01, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
::) Yeah... I never actually got around to ordering it.  :P I posted on the ttapp thread, and they talked me out of it!  :o They said all I need for that area is the total workout (which I have).

I am gonna try to lose the fat.. and see whats under there.. then if I still need to tone that area, then that is what I'll be getting!  ;)

Right now all I can get myself to do is the 15 Basic +..... anything else, and I stop being consistent  >:(

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #916 on: April 01, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
Well that is a start, One thing that motivates me to do the Total w/o is that is really gives me energy after I am done. I wish you all the best. Did you consider joining an accountability group on the ttapp forum? that really helped me..not sure if htey still do  it, but I was doing a deal where you decide what you want to do each week and when you get through your week (I think it was) you get 2$ off your next order...

I am sorry I don't have more details, I jsut know it was a good deal and i wanted stuff for a discount and I got results!!

All the best to you!
Sandra
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #917 on: April 01, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
I used to do the total for a while. I was all into all this ttapp stuff. Doing a couple different workouts..

And then I just quite. Didn't wanna do it anymore. I started back up with the 15, and am really liking it. Just a day ago, I tried the total, and I hated it! So I'm not even gonna try that again for a while.

I did look into the accountability threads on ttapp. They stopped doing the $ thing and are now doing something like earning points or something to get together with the trainer. I'm not gonna fly out there somewhere to see a trainer, so the thread doesn't do me any good...

I just need to motivate myself and stay consistent!

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #918 on: April 01, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »
I am still tappin'!  At this point I am mostly doing BWO+ or Ladybug BWO+.  I had a goal to do TWO two times a week this year, but finding that much time is SO hard!  I do it occasionally, but not often enough.  I bought HTF, but I have tailbone problems from a horse accident when I was 11.  It made HTF rather painful!  I even stacked up a couple sleeping bags to see if that would help! :D  I am still a member of habit formers.  You can send a video of yourself working out and then talk with her and get form tips.  Habit formers really helps me to stick with it.  I LOVE t-tapp!  I tell everyone about it!  It has made such a big difference for me both physically and mentally!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #919 on: April 01, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »
I've restarted tapping lately in addition to dieting and working out at the gym.  It seems that despite getting good workouts consistantly nothing really works my core/waistline like ttapp does.  It really seems to take the inches off in a more noticalbe manner.
I've been rotating the 1st 15 minues of  ttapp to tempo (BWO essentially) and ttapp lower body standing a couple of days each week.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #920 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:29 PM »
its_me, I totally understand, ya gotta do what you can keep doing or else it won't be fun and you won't be motivated to keep it up. I hope you continue to get good results doing what you are doing.

linemansgirl, I had a really "bad taste in my mouth" with the HTF at first too, it left me REALLY sore, and I had never been injured there. But I kept at it since I paid for it :) and now I never have a problem with it,,I do use a yoga mat, but have done it on the floor too. I am like you too --I Tell Everyone!

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #921 on: April 01, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »
I've restarted tapping lately in addition to dieting and working out at the gym.  It seems that despite getting good workouts consistantly nothing really works my core/waistline like ttapp does.  It really seems to take the inches off in a more noticalbe manner.
I've been rotating the 1st 15 minues of  ttapp to tempo (BWO essentially) and ttapp lower body standing a couple of days each week.

If you prefer the gym, I wonder if you could incorporate some moves that work, into your w/o?? I remember when I first started I had to be outdoors weeding and I made up a move that was like pull the weeds, while I was weeding, tummy in and back straight, etc..I really had results with that!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #922 on: April 01, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »

If you prefer the gym, I wonder if you could incorporate some moves that work, into your w/o?? I remember when I first started I had to be outdoors weeding and I made up a move that was like pull the weeds, while I was weeding, tummy in and back straight, etc..I really had results with that!
I do, but the ttapp twist seems to be the magic move for me.  I see a major difference with this move.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #923 on: April 02, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »

I do, but the ttapp twist seems to be the magic move for me.  I see a major difference with this move.

My favorite is lawn Mowers in TWO I am so glad she has it toward the end, that way I have something fun to work for, I think it works for the upper thighs (is that the Love Handles)?

But yeah, not sure how you could incorporate the Twist into any gym w/o :)

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #924 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »
My favorite is lawn Mowers in TWO I am so glad she has it toward the end, that way I have something fun to work for, I think it works for the upper thighs (is that the Love Handles)?

But yeah, not sure how you could incorporate the Twist into any gym w/o :)
I guess the way I look at it is no one workout is going to be perfect.  Cross-training is always a good thing so that you maximize your workouts... i think that is why I like and still use ttapp.  It really works well on its own, but also as a quick and easy compliment to a traditional workout....

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #925 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »
I think the Ttapp Twist does the most most for me out of the BWO. It is also the hardest to keep correct form in, but I can feel it when I have it right.
I wouldn't want to skip the rest of BWO, but the twist is fun AND slimming for me.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #926 on: April 03, 2009, 08:08:45 AM »
Ttapp also improved my left-right upper-lower coordination and control. For example, swimming was ok because I have great overall and upper body strength, but I found it exhausting to try to use both arm and foot motions. The first few weeks of Ttapp were exhausting mentally for me as I tried to follow all the moves.
 NOW...better response and reaction times, better balance and muscle control AND I can swim faster. Looking forward to summer and being not just good, but a challenging swim partner.  ;D

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #927 on: April 06, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
It is always good to be reminded of why I am doing it, especially from others (other than Teresa).

I will have to remember that about TTTwist, I never felt like I got anything out of it, but I think I wasn't giving it my all in forms, etc.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #928 on: April 27, 2009, 07:24:42 AM »
Hello again!!

So I finally got around to ordering Hit The Floor!!  ;D

Now I need some advice:

I have Basic 15+, Total Workout, Step Away The Inches, and am getting HTF any day.

What would be the BEST MOST EFFECTIVE routine for me to go? I do NOT want to do the Total all together.. I prefer to split it up into the 15 minute section, and then another day the the 2nd part of Total...

So what would you suggest? I'm thinking M-F, and am considering a bootcamp too.

I want the best/most results AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!  ;)

Offline Thelmasally

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #929 on: April 29, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »
I do T-Tapp as my regular exercise. I am and oldie so my body doesn't respond like it did when I was younger, but I am very happy with the results of T-Tapping.  I carry my weight below the waist, so I called and got the scoop on the best work out for me. I am also in menopause. I started with a workout called Ladybugs (1 hour work out or 1/2 hour standing and 1/2 hour on the floor.) After mastering that one, I needed something a little more challenging so again I called and they recommended Tempo Lower Body. That one is much tougher because you are exercising to a faster tempo. It has toned me up a lot. I have mastered that one also, but I feel it gives me a good work out. I will stick with this exercise program.
When I was in my 30's I used to use an exercise program that is still available that is called Callanetics. There is a 15 minute work out in that book that I used to do daily. Those exercises remind me of T-Tapp. You can find the book and DVD's for that on Amazon.
Hope this helps.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight."
Proverbs 3:5 & 6