Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 361958 times)

Offline mayapple

• Wide Eyed
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2007, 09:22:59 AM »
I'm a user of T-Tapp and have won one of their contests. What a hoot!  I have lost inches and feel great!  Allthough I haven't been able to workout the past two months because of surgery on a foot, I am dying to get back to it and I have heard that the body doesn't forget, so I'm hoping it won't take too much to get back to where I was and then some.

It does work and all I was doing, basically was the Basic Plus and walking about 2-3 miles a day, 6 days a week. I especially like the Hoe Downs after I eat because it helps control my diabetes, it brings the blood sugar down miraculously!  I can't say enough about this program. The money spent is well worth it! I have most all the tapes and actually won most of them.

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:31 PM »
Holly - I know what you mean! I love T-Tapp also!  ;D  Glad you enjoy it.

Mayapple - Is your profile at T-Tapp.com? I'd love to read your story . . . they are so inspiring  :D especially when one is feeling a little discouraged  :-[  I'm also very curious how you have won most of the workouts? That's great - do tell!!
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2007, 10:17:18 AM »
;D On Newsstands Now!  ;D
From T-Tapp.com
Feb/March 2007 FIT BODY - Women's Fitness Magazine featuring several T-Tapp exercises and article comes with FREE copy of the Yes You Can DVD! New exercises I Dream Of Jeanne Squats and LadyBug Runner's Stretch are in this issue along with HoeDowns, Thread the Needle, Foot Fitness, Lateral Leg Raises, Spot Reduction and Muscle Activation Move for Saddlebags.

I think I may even get a copy as there's some of these I've never heard of!! Plus, Teresa is always tweeking and perfecting her movements. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:20:26 AM by AgainstTheGrain »
Vanessa in Iowa

Nickole

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »
Well, since I started T-Tapp in November, I have lost 11.5 inches!  But NO weight!  ???  I am about 10 pounds what I am used to being, and I definately have inches to lose, esp. around the middle  :P but I guess it's being replaced by muscle?  Fascinating to me! 

I am a short torso and my main trouble area since having a baby after 30 has been around the middle.  I even have lower back fat - UGH!   :P 

I am doing the Total Workout and 15 minute basic, alternating, 6 days a week.  I just started adding the Total Workout recently, so maybe this will speed things up.  I also try to do hoedowns after most meals.  Is there anything else I could be doing to target this middle area, or will just this work?  I guess it's going slowly but surely, but swimming suit season is almost upon us!

My kids say "Mama is T-Tapp crazy!"  ;D
Today I did the Total outside for the first time using the audio workout  and it was GREAT!  Man, being outside with the kids playing in the dirt, sand, whatever, hearing the birds, surrounded by woods, me and Teresa doin' our T-Tapp under the big oak tree.  Life is good.  8)

Oh, it was 60-something degrees here I think...

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2007, 04:47:17 PM »
From T-Tapp.com
Feb/March 2007 FIT BODY - Women's Fitness Magazine featuring several T-Tapp exercises and article comes with FREE copy of the Yes You Can DVD! New exercises I Dream Of Jeanne Squats and LadyBug Runner's Stretch are in this issue along with HoeDowns, Thread the Needle, Foot Fitness, Lateral Leg Raises, Spot Reduction and Muscle Activation Move for Saddlebags.

I think I may even get a copy as there's some of these I've never heard of!! Plus, Teresa is always tweeking and perfecting her movements. :)

Has anyone found this yet? I looked tonight, but the store I was at didn't have it. I was just wondering what the cover looks like...might make for a quicker find!

I'm also wondering...how long have y'all been using T-Tapp? And, have you gotten bored with it?

Also...is the Total workout plus the Basic the best way to go for buying dvds?

Thanks so much!

Nickole

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2007, 04:51:39 PM »
So far I'm really not bored with it - she has you doing so many different moves, and in comparison to the stair master I was doing (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - get my drift?) I'm loving it.  However, I can see that eventually I may want a change, but I think I can just use the same workout but bump it up a level.  Not sure if I would have to buy another video, though.  I really don't want to! 

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
So far I'm really not bored with it - she has you doing so many different moves, and in comparison to the stair master I was doing (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - get my drift?) I'm loving it.  However, I can see that eventually I may want a change, but I think I can just use the same workout but bump it up a level.  Not sure if I would have to buy another video, though.  I really don't want to! 

I completely understand about the stair master!! I used Winsor Pilates for about 4 years & LOVED it, but I got to the point where I had all 5 of my dvds memorized, and it will probably be years before I can do them again. It was just too much! T-tapp videos are so pricey, but it sounds like they're worth it! I may just have to bite the bullet!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2007, 04:54:56 PM »

My kids say "Mama is T-Tapp crazy!"  ;D
Today I did the Total outside for the first time using the audio workout  and it was GREAT!  Man, being outside with the kids playing in the dirt, sand, whatever, hearing the birds, surrounded by woods, me and Teresa doin' our T-Tapp under the big oak tree.  Life is good.  8)

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    It only  got up to 30 here today.  :-\
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe...it was 80 here today!! (needless to say, i'm NOT looking forward to the texas heat & humidity this summer! :P)

Nickole

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »

I completely understand about the stair master!! I used Winsor Pilates for about 4 years & LOVED it, but I got to the point where I had all 5 of my dvds memorized, and it will probably be years before I can do them again. It was just too much! T-tapp videos are so pricey, but it sounds like they're worth it! I may just have to bite the bullet!

I really think they are worth the $$$.  She can sell them for that much b/c it is so unique and unlike anything else in fitness.  I'd like to get more of her stuff.  

Nickole

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »

[/quote]

hehehe...it was 80 here today!! (needless to say, i'm NOT looking forward to the texas heat & humidity this summer! :P)

[/quote]

We're from Texas!   I hear ya!  I am so glad to be away from that heat!  Don't miss that at all!  Miss family though  :'(.

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 05:02:04 PM »

I really think they are worth the $$$.  She can sell them for that much b/c it is so unique and unlike anything else in fitness.  I'd like to get more of her stuff.  
[/quot

thanks for the thoughts on this. would you recommend the basic plus & the total workout? she has so many packages it gets confusing!

Nickole

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »

[/quot

thanks for the thoughts on this. would you recommend the basic plus & the total workout? she has so many packages it gets confusing!

If there is a set that has the Total Workout with both instructional 1 and instructional 2 I would get that.  The packages are so confusing to me, but the Total Workout is Basic 1 and 2 workouts back to back.  I got the Basic 1 (which has instruction 1) and then later got the Basic 2 (with instruction2)/Total workout package.  Look and see if they have a Total Workout set that has Instructional 1 & 2 with it.  I think they do.  You will save money that way.       

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2007, 05:10:56 PM »

[/quot

Thanks! I'll look for that!!

If there is a set that has the Total Workout with both instructional 1 and instructional 2 I would get that.  The packages are so confusing to me, but the Total Workout is Basic 1 and 2 workouts back to back.  I got the Basic 1 (which has instruction 1) and then later got the Basic 2 (with instruction2)/Total workout package.  Look and see if they have a Total Workout set that has Instructional 1 & 2 with it.  I think they do.  You will save money that way.       

Nickole

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2007, 05:12:18 PM »
Alright, I looked and I think againstthegrain already mentioned it - Get the $80 Total Workout.  That has everything you need!  :)

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2007, 05:13:24 PM »
Alright, I looked and I think againstthegrain already mentioned it - Get the $80 Total Workout.  That has everything you need!  :)

Thanks for looking! I thought I had read through the whole forum, but I read through it all at one sitting, and my brain got so confused!

Nickole

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2007, 05:17:07 PM »
Same thing happened to me at first!  It can be confusing!  Or maybe we're just dumb!  ::)  Ha ha, that's ok, b/c with T-Tapp I think her moves help move more oxygen to the brain!   

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »
Same thing happened to me at first!  It can be confusing!  Or maybe we're just dumb!  ::)  Ha ha, that's ok, b/c with T-Tapp I think her moves help move more oxygen to the brain!   

That must be why she makes her website confusing...to show people how much they really do need her program ;)

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2007, 06:11:54 PM »

I tried to post the cover - but not sure how to do that yet  :-\  I was lucky that the scrolling thing worked - eventhough it took like 3 times before it worked the way I wanted it to  ;)   So, go to T-Tapp.com and scroll down the page and you'll see it. You can order it from there also, $6.99 free shipping, but I'll bet larger bookstores like B&N, or Borders would have it.

Nickole - for movements that especially target the torso area, go to the forum at T-Tapp.com and search for torso triming. I'm sure there's threads on it. If you're not doin' Organs in Place and Half Frog those would be awesome!
Vanessa in Iowa

Nickole

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2007, 01:31:43 AM »
Thanks AgainsttheGrain - I did go to the forum but searched "lower back fat" - and got (not surprisingly) NOTHING!  I will try
"torso".   :)  I have not been doing OIP like I was before b/c the Total Workout is so much that I want to be DONE afterward, but I will try to fit it in again. 

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2007, 03:20:14 AM »
Nickole:  I am in the same place that you are...short torso, baby tummy and that dreaded back fat!!  I have only been tapping since Dec. and have lost 6.5 in.  or course it is a little here, a little there, not enough to make a difference in the size clothes I wear.  I am doing Basic and TWO with hoe downs after meals.  I am getting a bit frustrated with the slow inch loss, but I love the way I feel and won't give that up! I do a set of hoe downs and then OIP/HF right before I get into bed.  I even hold my tummy in place as I get into bed ;).  If you find something that seems to work on that back fat, please do tell!
Lisa

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2007, 03:37:51 AM »

I tried to post the cover - but not sure how to do that yet  :-\  I was lucky that the scrolling thing worked - eventhough it took like 3 times before it worked the way I wanted it to  ;)   So, go to T-Tapp.com and scroll down the page and you'll see it. You can order it from there also, $6.99 free shipping, but I'll bet larger bookstores like B&N, or Borders would have it.

Nickole - for movements that especially target the torso area, go to the forum at T-Tapp.com and search for torso triming. I'm sure there's threads on it. If you're not doin' Organs in Place and Half Frog those would be awesome!

I'll have to try to go to Barnes & Noble in the next day or so! I didn't even think to try there!

I was wondering if y'all do any crunches or cross-overs after OIP & HF. I've just started doing the little video in the back of the book (it's all I have so far!), and I've been doing OIP, HF & Elevators 2 times...followed by Hoe-Downs & Advanced Hoe-Downs. Just wondering if this was enough or if I should be adding crunches.

Thanks!

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2007, 04:32:19 AM »
One other question I have...does t-tapp seem to be somewhat cardio, or is more like pilates...for toning & strengthening?

Nickole

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2007, 05:28:21 AM »
One other question I have...does t-tapp seem to be somewhat cardio, or is more like pilates...for toning & strengthening?

All of the above, all at once!  Amazing, huh?

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2007, 05:41:58 AM »
 :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  It's not fair I think I'm losing the slowest around here  :'(  :'( 

Okay I just had to get that off my chest  ;D I still like tapping and am a combo body (short torso tendencies) so I guess it isn't a suprise to see slower results???

Nickole-11.5 in! Way to go!!!
I have to agree with Nickole...it is all in one.  T-tapp works the whole muscle fiber thus strengthening and toning.  Your heart rate gets up there and then it comes down, up, down... It is supposed to be better for you if your heart rate doesn't stay to high all the time.

queentea- Your inch loss looks great to me...I'll even trade you for my total loss of 2in  :o

have a great day everyone,
Holly

Nickole

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2007, 05:47:25 AM »
Nickole:  I am in the same place that you are...short torso, baby tummy and that dreaded back fat!!  I have only been tapping since Dec. and have lost 6.5 in.  or course it is a little here, a little there, not enough to make a difference in the size clothes I wear.  I am doing Basic and TWO with hoe downs after meals.  I am getting a bit frustrated with the slow inch loss, but I love the way I feel and won't give that up! I do a set of hoe downs and then OIP/HF right before I get into bed.  I even hold my tummy in place as I get into bed ;).  If you find something that seems to work on that back fat, please do tell!
Lisa

queentea, I went to the forum and looked up torso trimming and found some good tips on form and also a torso trimming sequence, but those moves aren't in my videos, so I may have to look them up.  There was some good advise on making sure to get the knee up and back with hoedowns and thread the needle.  There seemed to be a lot of emphasis that doing that (which I am sure I do not focus on that enough) will greatly help cinch in the torso.  HTH!

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2007, 08:06:49 AM »

Yep! ALL the above and MORE!! ;D  It's specifically designed for women - although men can do it too!! ;)
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2007, 04:36:41 AM »
Ok...do y'all do the skin brushing? Does it seem to help? This is something I've never heard of!!

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2007, 04:45:08 AM »
I was all excited about using my Christmas money to buy some T-Tapp DVD's when I discovered I was pregnant.  But, as I looked at the site I realized that they actually encouraged pregnant Moms to do t-tapp.  So I bought the T-Tapp More dvds which is the one the recommend for pregnancy.  It arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started.  I hope they will help keep me strong throughout pregnancy.  Now if I could just find a time when I'm not queasy. . .   ;D  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2007, 05:08:09 AM »
I was all excited about using my Christmas money to buy some T-Tapp DVD's when I discovered I was pregnant.  But, as I looked at the site I realized that they actually encouraged pregnant Moms to do t-tapp.  So I bought the T-Tapp More dvds which is the one the recommend for pregnancy.  It arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started.  I hope they will help keep me strong throughout pregnancy.  Now if I could just find a time when I'm not queasy. . .   ;D  -KG

Good for you KG!!  There's also a Mom's Board that's VERY helpful at T-Tapp.com  Just listen to your body and do as much or as little as you can.

Keltlyn - Here's a whooooole thread on Skin Brushing ;)  I'ts Great!! ;D
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1597.0.html
Vanessa in Iowa