Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 369687 times)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #870 on: January 19, 2009, 10:31:42 AM »
So how many of you have either just started or restarted your ttapp?? Just kinda interested to see how many of us are doing this and what the results are!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #871 on: January 19, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »
I'm thinking about getting back to t-tapp.  I have started doing a pbs every morning again.  For now I'm working on perfecting my form for this one move and then I will work on t-tapp twist or hoe downs. 

Offline 1jammy

• Learning
« Reply #872 on: January 31, 2009, 06:35:54 AM »
I just ordered the basic plus today, so can't wait to get it in and start doing it!!!   ;D

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #873 on: January 31, 2009, 10:55:51 AM »
I just ordered the basic plus today, so can't wait to get it in and start doing it!!!   ;D

Awesome!! I think you should fall in love with it when you finally get it!!  ;)

I just finished my first month of Ttapp........

Lets just say I did NOT lose the 2 sizes  ::)  Nor did I lose ANY inches AT ALL!!  :o

I know, you would think I would be really dissappointed, huh?? Trust me, I was!!  ;)

But heres what I realized:

Even though no inche loss can be recorded, I did get awesome results!!

1. My back pain is GONE!! My hip put "itself" back in place.

2. I lost about 2-3 pounds.

3. My pants are very loose & need to constantly be pulled up.

4. I FEEL a lot skinner & I LOOK a lot skinnier (to myself & husband)

5. Lets just say I have NO more worries about my kegel muscles!!  :D

So... can you see why I am NOT dissappointed? Sure, I wanted to say "I lost ---- amount of inches in one month!!" but these results that I listed are good enough for me to keep going!!

Would you all mind sharing you "small" accomplishments during the month as we start the new year, new journey in weight loss/Ttapp?? I'd love to hear everyone elses stories!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #874 on: January 31, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
So its_me518...

What 'routine' did you follow and how 'dedicated' to it were you?   Did you do a constant bootcamp or just the basic+ or mix it up?

Congrats on the progress and keep it up!

Offline Number18

• Learning
« Reply #875 on: January 31, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »

Awesome!! I think you should fall in love with it when you finally get it!!  ;)

I just finished my first month of Ttapp........

Lets just say I did NOT lose the 2 sizes  ::)  Nor did I lose ANY inches AT ALL!!  :o

I know, you would think I would be really dissappointed, huh?? Trust me, I was!!  ;)

But heres what I realized:

Even though no inche loss can be recorded, I did get awesome results!!

1. My back pain is GONE!! My hip put "itself" back in place.

2. I lost about 2-3 pounds.

3. My pants are very loose & need to constantly be pulled up.

4. I FEEL a lot skinner & I LOOK a lot skinnier (to myself & husband)

5. Lets just say I have NO more worries about my kegel muscles!!  :D

So... can you see why I am NOT dissappointed? Sure, I wanted to say "I lost ---- amount of inches in one month!!" but these results that I listed are good enough for me to keep going!!

Would you all mind sharing you "small" accomplishments during the month as we start the new year, new journey in weight loss/Ttapp?? I'd love to hear everyone elses stories!!

Your results sounds like mine.  In one month, I did not lose any inches either... and I was disappointed, yet I did stabolized the weight so I did not gain any weights for a while.. till I stopped t-tapping.  I basically need to lose about 15lbs.  well, if I lose 10lb. that would make me happy.  I was wondering losing 10 to 15lbs is the hardest thing, even with T-tapp.  But I am going back to T-tapp after the Superbowl.  ;)

By the way, can we start a new T-tapp thread like T-tapp2 or something?  This thread is getting too long, don't you think? 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:41:11 PM by Number18 »
There is no such thing as a little decision.  Every decision you make is a life changing one.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #876 on: February 01, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
So its_me518...

What 'routine' did you follow and how 'dedicated' to it were you?   Did you do a constant bootcamp or just the basic+ or mix it up?

Congrats on the progress and keep it up!

Oh, I was and still am SO dedicated!!! Seriously. I started the day after Christmas. I did FOURTEEN full days of bootcamp, doing the TOTAL WORKOUT!!! No results from that!  :o

Then I went to the every other day routine... except I didn't do it every other day. M W F I did the TWO and Tues & Thurs I did SATI. Just this last week, I really started dreading TWO, so on my FULL workout days I did Basic 15+ and the SATI.

Out of the whole month, I only missed ONE workout day. And it was my off day anyway...

So yeah, I was dissapointed after working SO hard on it.... but like I said, the other results are still motivating to me  ::)   ;) 

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #877 on: February 02, 2009, 06:32:13 AM »

Oh, I was and still am SO dedicated!!! Seriously. I started the day after Christmas. I did FOURTEEN full days of bootcamp, doing the TOTAL WORKOUT!!! No results from that!  :o

Then I went to the every other day routine... except I didn't do it every other day. M W F I did the TWO and Tues & Thurs I did SATI. Just this last week, I really started dreading TWO, so on my FULL workout days I did Basic 15+ and the SATI.

Out of the whole month, I only missed ONE workout day. And it was my off day anyway...

So yeah, I was dissapointed after working SO hard on it.... but like I said, the other results are still motivating to me  ::)   ;) 

I know if you were talking to Theresa Tapp herself, she would tell you that you SHOULD take days off, that Less is more. I know she's talked about how people who are used to exercising every day can overdo on TTapp and not see the results b/c they work out too much.

Congratulations on doing the TWO so many days tho - I have a really hard time psyching my self up for that one.

If I were you, I would go to an EOD pattern, and just do some stretching or a walk around the block on your off days, just to see if maybe you are doing too much!  ;D ;D ;D

For myself:

I've been doing ttapp consistantly for 4 months now, at least 3x a week - just doing the BWO, and occasional TWO, and in the last month I've worked myself up to 5x a week doing the following dvds:

Ttapp BWO at least 2x a week
and filling in the rest with
Tae Bo Basic Work Out (20 minutes Cardio)
Crunch Cardio Dance party (40 minutes Cardio) depending on what I have time for.

The first 3 months (just Ttapp) I gained weight(10lbs), probably a combo of eating huge portions (not really being wise with my eating) and muscle gain. I stayed in the same jean size tho, so most of that was muscle weight.

In the last month I've been eating smaller portions, more veggies, and upped the cardio not to lose weight, but just to build up my endurance for all of the fun things I've wanted to do this summer. I've lost about 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks, which is nice - wish I hadn't gained the 10 in the first place, I was doing so good.

I'm at least 75 lbs overweight, probably closer to 100.  :o

But - since doing Ttapp regularly...

I've definitely toned those muscles under that flab

No more back pain (and I work cleaning houses and always had back trouble)

No more knee pain (ditto)

More flexibility

Better moods

More energy

Sleep better

Less cravings

And the best part was when I started up the Tae Bo I had better muscle strength and stronger knees than when I did it in high school 10 years ago.

Ttapp to me is such an amazing workout because it really is so effective, but if you are a combo body type or really aren't being self diciplined in eating, then I think the weight loss is going to be much slower.

HTH Jamie
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:34:23 AM by joychild24seven »
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #878 on: February 02, 2009, 08:02:00 AM »
I think there is something to working out too much.  :o I had not seen much weight loss from TTapp, just inch loss which is fine for me. I have maybe 20 lbs extra. Anyway last week I had an eye injury that left me temproarily blind.  Although I could still have done my normal 2-3x BWO+ during the week I did not.  ::) I DID sleep about 16 out of 24 hrs for 3 days. I ate normal portions. I still lost 5 lbs last week!!! It was not water weight or anything else...and it is still off plus a little bit more.
Sleep is good!  :D I enjoy exercise. I'm not quitting, just going to sleep a little more too.  ;D

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #879 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »
Hello!!  ;D

I'm glad to be able to chat with you ladies on here. I know Ttapp has a forum... but I just feel so much more "at home" here.... more comfortable.. and I feel like I "know" you ladies....

So are some of you telling me that I might be working out TOO much??  :o I only do it 5 days a week. And two of those days are just the Basic 15 or the SATI (which is walking for 20 minutes). That doesn't seem like too much to me compared to the hours I spent on the FIRM (with no results  ::) )

Heres what I'm gonna do. Its a fresh new month. I want to sort of experiment. For the whole month of February I want to continue my same exercise routine & follow the Makers Diet (which is basically REALLY low carb in my opinion) and see what happens. I am expecting to see WONDERFUL results by the end of the month.... as long as God will help me to stick to the diet & be consistent with my exercise.

Can you gals give me your usernames for the TTAPP forum so I could find you on there & add you as my friend?? I'm lonely on there  :'(

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #880 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
Its_me518, do you have a ttapp trainer anywhere near you?  My sis-in-law did a session with one, and it made a difference for her.  See, a lot of times, you think you're doing it perfectly correctly, when a trainer will see something wrong, and correct.  Then, the inches start coming.

Another idea is:  Put a full-length mirror next to you, if you can find one.  I thought I had a perfectly straight back, until I looked at myself in a mirror!  Maybe that would help with the form.  The better the form, the faster the inches come off.  These were both ideas I got from the TTapp forum, by trainers.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #881 on: February 02, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
Its_me518, do you have a ttapp trainer anywhere near you?  My sis-in-law did a session with one, and it made a difference for her.  See, a lot of times, you think you're doing it perfectly correctly, when a trainer will see something wrong, and correct.  Then, the inches start coming.

Another idea is:  Put a full-length mirror next to you, if you can find one.  I thought I had a perfectly straight back, until I looked at myself in a mirror!  Maybe that would help with the form.  The better the form, the faster the inches come off.  These were both ideas I got from the TTapp forum, by trainers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually been doing this with my husbands supervision. I tell him to watch the DVD as I'm doing the exercise & make sure I'm keeping the correct form. Obviously he's not a trainer, but he can see. It looks like I''m in pretty good form.  ::)

I think the low carb diet will make a huge difference for me. It has before.  ;)

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #882 on: February 02, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
Yeah.  I never lose weight or inches without changing my diet, either.  But, just think how toned and beautiful those muscles are gonna be, when you can see them!!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #883 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »
Also consider getting more cardio...
I put ttapp and The Firm videos under weight training.  The Firm does offer some cardio, but their focus is really lifting weights.  Ttapp also falls under this category, only without the actual weights.  It is a program that will tone and build muscle, and lead to greater calorie burning thru this process, but IMO most people need more cardio.
I know that when I do ttapp, I generally don't get much of a rise in my heart rate.  I need to sweat more and really exert myself with either running, jogging, biking or elliptical.  The Step away the inches program does address this, but it wasn't enough for me.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #884 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:40 AM »
I don't know if adding more cardio would do much. I know it didn't in the past. For the last year or so I have been doing the treadmill 3 to 5 times a week running for hours & miles... still NO weight loss.  :o But already with TTAPP and the low carb diet I'm already losing lbs.  ;D And its only been 1 month!!

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #885 on: February 03, 2009, 02:08:22 PM »
I don't know if adding more cardio would do much. I know it didn't in the past. For the last year or so I have been doing the treadmill 3 to 5 times a week running for hours & miles... still NO weight loss.  :o But already with TTAPP and the low carb diet I'm already losing lbs.  ;D And its only been 1 month!!

Maybe you just don't have much to lose?  We often set out sights on an unrealistic goal.  (I know I do! :-\)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #886 on: February 03, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »

Maybe you just don't have much to lose?  We often set out sights on an unrealistic goal.  (I know I do! :-\)

I know what you mean  ::) I don't think that my goals right now are too unrealistic. I want to go from a size 12 to an 8. I want to go down to about 150 pounds... from....  ???... ok fine. From 180  :P The reason I know its realistic is cuz thats what I weighed & wore 1 year ago.  ::)

I will just keep trying. Hope all of you do too!!  ;D

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #887 on: February 06, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »
Did I mention that my cellulite is gone by about 50-75%?? I'm serious. I was REALLY looking at it this morning, and its like disappearing!!! I am SO excited!!  ;D

I sound like a d~~b blonde!  ::)  like totally...  ::)

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #888 on: February 06, 2009, 01:03:48 PM »
Did I mention that my cellulite is gone by about 50-75%?? I'm serious. I was REALLY looking at it this morning, and its like disappearing!!! I am SO excited!!  ;D

Hmm, I think I might look into it for this reason alone.  I don't really need to lose weight, but would love for my thighs and backside to tone up and be rid of some cellulite.  I wonder if it could also help with spider veins... (probably wishful thinking)
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #889 on: February 07, 2009, 05:23:09 AM »

Hmm, I think I might look into it for this reason alone.  I don't really need to lose weight, but would love for my thighs and backside to tone up and be rid of some cellulite.  I wonder if it could also help with spider veins... (probably wishful thinking)

You ought to check into the T-Tapp body brushing. Its supposed to help with cellulite and it only takes like 5-7 min. I don't know that much about it though. :P
~Lindsey

Thanks for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 04:03:04 PM by ArmyWife »
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #890 on: February 08, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
Another Ttapp benefit...
It warmed up outside this weekend and I've been working hard forking manure, spreading it by hand, and the like. Finishing up the day with BWO seems to stretch, balance, and relax my muscles and put everything back in place. I don't entirely understand it but it keeps me from being stiff and sore the next morning!  ;D

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #891 on: February 08, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
I think Theresa says it's because you're draining the lymph out of your system and that's what makes you sore.  I could have it mixed up with something else she says...I think it's on the SATI video.  Maybe I'm making it all up??? :o

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #892 on: February 08, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
T, I was thinking of that earlier and then forgot...Yeah, the progressive activation in TTapp does seem to drain "stuff" away better than just plain activity. It also increases circulation uniformly and that circulation helps carry away the lactic acid buildup from the plain ole WORK.
I'll admit to not pushing myself when I am doing the BWO as a "reset" exercise ;). I keep good form and push myself just to the point I feel activation, but don't reach for a new level.

I didn't make it clear earlier. Normally that type of work also pulls my back out since I am strong dominate right hand. Hours of one type motion really  can do a number on alignment. Ttapp has eliminated almost all my chiro visits.  ;D I can feel my back and hips popping and resetting as I work out.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #893 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:12 AM »
That's it!  It's draining lactic acid...I couldn't remember and I was too tired to look for it  ;)

I know what you mean about being a dominant right hand worker and you might want to check out the trigger point thread.  There is VERY little activity there but it might be the other thing that keeps you away from the Chiro!

I can't say that I push myself that hard when I do T-Tapp either but I can tell when I don't do it and should!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #894 on: February 10, 2009, 04:56:08 AM »
Lindsey...what's PB? Primary back stretch?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #895 on: February 11, 2009, 04:22:11 AM »
Here is one thread where Lani gives pointers on PBS...
http://forum.t-tapp.com/showthread.php?t=19134
could also search around on the ttapp forum. The search function doesn't work very well in my opinion, but PBS does come up in conversation occasionally.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #896 on: February 11, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »
Have any of you used any of the Hit The Floor dvds? What was the success rate? Is it worth the money? I am really curious!! Thanks!

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #897 on: February 18, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »
Well, I started yesterday with this t-tapp.  There was a sale on the website, they are closing out their video tapes, so i ordered those, they were only 15.00. 

Today was a little better, I was having a little trouble with the last thing on the intro video, the one where you twist, and then bend to the side, but after looking in the mirror, i think i may have it.

i didn't measure myself before starting, i just want my clothes to fit better, one pant size would be what I really need, 2 would be great.   i really need to lose about 15pounds, 10 would be ok too. :)

I think I have the combo body type, but it's hard to say.  I have a hard time figuring out where my last rib is???? I must have some sort of mental block about it. ;D  But, I think it's either 6 inches or 4.  Probably 4.

Anyway, my neck is a little sore, but it's hard to watch the tv and do the exercises.  Other than that I'm a little sore, so it must be working!

wendy

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #898 on: February 18, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
I have hit the floor.  It's a great floor/tummy workout.  If you're looking for a floor workout for hips and b*tt and thighs, the lower body tempo one is the best, IMO. 

I would have great results with HTF, if I did it enough.  ;D

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #899 on: February 20, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
I have hit the floor.  It's a great floor/tummy workout.  If you're looking for a floor workout for hips and b*tt and thighs, the lower body tempo one is the best, IMO. 

I would have great results with HTF, if I did it enough.  ;D

My MAIN problem area is my stomach/belly/waist whatever you wanna call it.  I am really looking into getting the hit the floor.... has it ACTUALLY worked for anyone??