Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 298791 times)

Nickole

Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 11:57:35 AM »
I just got my videos in the mail. I'll be doing my measurements tomorrow. I might post them here for some real accountability. :o

I just finished T-Tapping!  I absolutely love these workouts.  I think you will be pleased!   :)

Offline mxmom

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »
Just wondering, those of you that do these exercises regularly, have you noticed weight loss, muscle tone, more strength and endurance.  I am going to actually have a garden for the first time since leaving my parents farm (a long time ago ;)) and am wondering how long I'll be able to last squatting and bending over.  Would these be of great benefit in these areas - also, losing a few pounds would definitely not kill me either.  ::) :o

Nickole

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
Just wondering, those of you that do these exercises regularly, have you noticed weight loss, muscle tone, more strength and endurance.  I am going to actually have a garden for the first time since leaving my parents farm (a long time ago ;)) and am wondering how long I'll be able to last squatting and bending over.  Would these be of great benefit in these areas - also, losing a few pounds would definitely not kill me either.  ::) :o

All of the above for me!  :)
I almost immediately had relief from lower back pain.  Her unique exercises take a rehabilitative approach which really works.  I also definately got stronger, much moreso than when I was just using the stair master (which was also SO boring).  She works all your muscles I think so you get stronger all around, and in less time!  So, yes, more strength and endurance too.  I feel SO good after I have T-Tapped!  I also have had inch loss and weight loss, but moreso when I switched to the total workout.  Even though the basic workout was challenging, I think since I was already working out on a regular basis before that and yet stuck with my weight and size, I needed a longer workout.  I alternate with the Total Workout and the Basic though, b/c the Total workout is a killer and I think one week of doing that daily and I might be dead.  Seriously, though, it is TOUGH.  Even the 15 minute basic is tough though, and if you aren't already exercising on a regular basis, then your body will be in even more shock  :o and you will get quicker results than I did I think. 

I am sold out on T-Tapp!  ;D     

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2007, 08:47:28 PM »
I just got my videos in the mail. I'll be doing my measurements tomorrow. I might post them here for some real accountability. :o

Way to go leslieincallie!  Be sure to also visit the T-Tapp forum's as well. Those gals there are very helpful and encouraging. Plus the 2nd Tue of the month there's Deep Discount Tuesday when Teresa selects a product  at an awesome discount . . . I highly recommend the alfalfa!!  Plus, they have different accountability threads, bootcamp threads, etc. 

I would also suggest making a consistency goal with a reward!  I finally got back into working out about a month ago and my cinsistency goal for Feb is a new pair of Sketcher's!! ;D They really make a difference and my other pair is a little worn. And if I'm the size I want to be by May 1 I get a new swimsuit from a specialty shop - I haven't gotten a swim suit in years!! My hubby is excited for that!!
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 06:07:35 AM »
OK........HELP!

I just tried the Awesome Legs - Try Before You Buy that I printed off the website.  I only seemed to feel it in my calves!  (I feel like I get more out of laying on my back, knees bent, 14 mob riding on my hips, and lifting my bottom off the floor!) 

Then I tried the Dive Derriere one and I think I got that one right.  I could feel it in my bottom, but mostly at the area of my hip joint..... Maybe I didn't get it right.

What am I doing wrong?

(now I'm off to print the abs one.....Lord knows I need that)

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2007, 06:29:04 AM »
One more thing...
Could someone please tell me all the places I should measure? 
I figure thighs, upper & lower abs, and my bottom......
anyplace else?

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2007, 07:38:22 AM »
One more thing...
Could someone please tell me all the places I should measure? 
I figure thighs, upper & lower abs, and my bottom......
anyplace else?

Is there a place on the site that shows you exactly where to measure?  Because there is a book at the library that shows exactly where and she also sends you a chart when you order a video.
Oh, nevermind!  I'll just type it out!  :D

Bust(fullest part)
Waist(At or slightly above navel)
Abdomen(3 inches below navel)
Hips(Tighten buns and measure fullest part of b*tt)
Right/Left Upper Thighs(Just below b*tt cheek)
Right/Left Lower Thighs(2 inches above kneecap)
Right/Left Calves(At fullest point)
Right/Left Upper Arms(Below deltoid muscle/3-4 in. from armpit center)

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2007, 09:14:24 AM »
Thanks Healthy.  I checked the site and didn't find it.  I knew you'd come to my rescue!   ;D

Offline mxmom

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »

All of the above for me!  :)
I almost immediately had relief from lower back pain.  Her unique exercises take a rehabilitative approach which really works.  I also definately got stronger, much moreso than when I was just using the stair master (which was also SO boring).  She works all your muscles I think so you get stronger all around, and in less time!  So, yes, more strength and endurance too.  I feel SO good after I have T-Tapped!  I also have had inch loss and weight loss, but moreso when I switched to the total workout.  Even though the basic workout was challenging, I think since I was already working out on a regular basis before that and yet stuck with my weight and size, I needed a longer workout.  I alternate with the Total Workout and the Basic though, b/c the Total workout is a killer and I think one week of doing that daily and I might be dead.  Seriously, though, it is TOUGH.  Even the 15 minute basic is tough though, and if you aren't already exercising on a regular basis, then your body will be in even more shock  :o and you will get quicker results than I did I think. 

I am sold out on T-Tapp!  ;D     

How long does the Total Workout take and does the Basic really only take 15 minutes?  When you say TOUGH, do you mean a really wimpy woman might not be able to do it....not asking for me, of course, just in case some other wimpy women are scared to pose this question.  ;D ;D ::) ;)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »

Way to go leslieincallie!  Be sure to also visit the T-Tapp forum's as well. Those gals there are very helpful and encouraging. Plus the 2nd Tue of the month there's Deep Discount Tuesday when Teresa selects a product  at an awesome discount . . . I highly recommend the alfalfa!!  Plus, they have different accountability threads, bootcamp threads, etc. 

I would also suggest making a consistency goal with a reward!  I finally got back into working out about a month ago and my cinsistency goal for Feb is a new pair of Sketcher's!! ;D They really make a difference and my other pair is a little worn. And if I'm the size I want to be by May 1 I get a new swimsuit from a specialty shop - I haven't gotten a swim suit in years!! My hubby is excited for that!!

Hi
I'm wondering about the Deep Discount Tuesday's.   Do they have them all the time or just once in awhile and where do I find that on the site?
Thanks.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Nickole

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »

How long does the Total Workout take and does the Basic really only take 15 minutes?  When you say TOUGH, do you mean a really wimpy woman might not be able to do it....not asking for me, of course, just in case some other wimpy women are scared to pose this question.  ;D ;D ::) ;)
[/quote]

Yes, the Basic is only 15 minutes but first you want to do the Instructional to get the moves down - you really want to have proper form to get best results.  In the instructional she explains a lot more, and then when you get to the workout it's no instruction, so just the moves in succession.  15 minutes and just like Teresa says "no matter your fitness level, it works you to the max."  I thought I had a pretty decent fitness level, and it was HARD.  BUT then it got easier as I got stronger.  I think for anyone it will be hard at first, but stick with it - you will get results much quicker from T-Tapp than any other 15 minute workout.  There shouldn't be anything in there you can't physically do - it's just holding positions mainly that is hard.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

The Total Workout is about 50 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o :o

You do NOT need this at first by any means.  You may not need it for a while, or ever.  The 15 minute is great.  The 50 minute is, well, 50 minutes!  Need I say more????  It's one tough workout!!! 

Nickole   

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2007, 04:59:01 PM »
mshelson - regarding Awesome legs - this may sound impossible, but tuck/squeeze your bumm while you're doing it :o  Also, make sure that you have your legs in alignment not turned out at all. OK I just had to get down on the floor and do a few to know what to do! ;D  Wear shoes also! and you should feel it in the bumm and the abs (working the core)! ;)

Diva Derrier - the hand that's on your hip, push your thumb in your back to keep your hips forward and again, squeeze your bumm for the most effective. You may have to work up to that ;) I did.

daisey - Deep Discount Tuesday is EVERY second or third Tuesday  ??? of the month and whatever the special is I think you have to find out on the Forum. I don't think they put it on the home page. Sometimes it's a 1 day special sometimes it's a few days.

Happy Tappin'
Vanessa in Iowa

Nickole

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »
AgainstTheGrain, are you doing the Total workout or Basic or what?  What's your routine?  :)

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
AgainstTheGrain, are you doing the Total workout or Basic or what?  What's your routine?  :)

I started with a 4 day bootcamp (Total Workout), Now I do Basic+, lunges from Inst #2, OIP/HF, and DD Mon-Fri. Sat. I do TW/O Sun. off. I have to have something every day as a routine or I slack off too much. :-\ But, that's the beauty of T-Tapp.  With 5 young ones and home educating, I can fit 25 minutes in a day but would be hard to do 50 minutes 3x/wk.

HealthyinOhio and this testimonial:
Debbie Davidson - lost 3.5 inches on her hips and went from size 12 to 10 in 4 weeks doing only one T-Tapp exercise! 
  http://www.t-tapp.com/success/debbiedavidson/default.asp
have inspired me to do more Hoedowns  :o so that'll be my next addition ;D
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
Ok, i need to know what would be the best to get out of all this stuff. I'm still confused. :-\ So, my mom is almost 50 and she wants to buy it, but could she even do it? She has asthma. Could she just do the brushing and the step tape?

What about me? I'm 28 and just had my third baby. I'm not overweight, but i could stand to lose 10 or 15 LBS.

Please tell me what would be the best to get. Me and mom can share and i will just copy her tapes off. I need to know EXACTLY what to get and how. I think i have mommy brain cuz the more i read the more confused i get. ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:21:11 PM by twitterpated4hubby »
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »
Ok, i need to know what would be the best to get out of all this stuff. I'm still confused. :-\ So, my mom is almost 50 and she wants to buy it, but could she even do it? She is overweight and has asthma. Could she just do the brushing and the step tape?

What about me? I'm 28 and just had my third baby. I'm not overweight, but i could stand to lose 10 or 15 LBS.

Please tell me what would be the best to get. Me and mom can share and i will just copy her tapes off. I need to know EXACTLY what to get and how. I think i have mommy brain cuz the more i read the more confused i get. ;D

ooooooh, help me too!  I'm 5'2" and 130.  I want to lose 15#.  (and lots of inches) ;)  I've been doing Diva Derrier, Awesome Legs, and Flat Stomach from the try-before-you-buy link.  I love those 3 but the Short Torso Body Sculpting page totally confuses me.  Especially because I'm long waisted and didn't find a specific exercise for that. 

What do ya'll suggest I do?   Am I going to be successful just doing the try-before-you-buy stuff or do you have to do an actual dvd to get results.  Your input on this and previously has been greatly appreciated.

(I love WTM  :-* )

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2007, 02:52:54 AM »
Ok, i need to know what would be the best to get out of all this stuff. I'm still confused. :-\ So, my mom is almost 50 and she wants to buy it, but could she even do it? She is overweight and has asthma. Could she just do the brushing and the step tape?

ooooooh, help me too!  I'm 5'2" and 130.  I want to lose 15#.  (and lots of inches) ;)  I've been doing Diva Derrier, Awesome Legs, and Flat Stomach from the try-before-you-buy link.  I love those 3 but the Short Torso Body Sculpting page totally confuses me.  Especially because I'm long waisted and didn't find a specific exercise for that. 

What do ya'll suggest I do?   Am I going to be successful just doing the try-before-you-buy stuff or do you have to do an actual dvd to get results.  Your input on this and previously has been greatly appreciated.

(I love WTM  :-* )

I would suggest getting the total workout.  With that you get the instructional 1 and 2 I believe. (someone who has done this can correct me if I am wrong).  Start by doing instructional 1 which is the basic workout.  It is about 20 minutes.  when you feel you have the form down, move on to instructional 2 (very tough!).  then you can put them together for the total workout.  I love t-tapp!!  I only have Instructional 1 (thank you HIO!!) and the total workout (beginner/rehab level-got it on ebay) I would like to get some more of her tapes, but money is tight, so I can't right now.  I do Instructional 1 (basic workout) 3x a week and the total work out 3x a week.  I also try to do hoe downs after each meal (that is also on the try before you buy in the video section) and then I do the OIP and half frogs before bed.  Trying to fit in Diva Derrier too. 
Sorry to be so long winded, but I really love T-tapp and would encourage anyone to do it, no matter what you age or fitness level, it is a challenging workout and you reap many health benefits.  I have been consistant for the last two months, and I have had little to no PMS and my cramps have almost completely gone!! 
HTH
Lisa

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2007, 05:20:38 AM »
I would suggest getting the package that has:
Instructional 1
Basic Workout
Instructional 2
Total workout
Step away the Inches

I have been using this since the beginning of December.  I have only lost 1 inch at waist and 1 inch at abs so my results size wise haven't been record breaking by any means.  On the other hand I almost always sleep all night with out waking up since excercising regularly...before I would wake up several times a night.  I have much more energy and stand up straight(I have always slouched  :( )  I have also lost about 5 lbs. 
I like this package because you have what you need to learn the whole Total workout. (I wasn't getting it by using the book)  Also you can do the Step Away the Inches to mix up your routine a little and add some variety.  I think this package cost me approx. $90 including shipping.

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by all the info...for me it took just getting started and the pieces started falling into place. So glad I heard about T-Tapp at WTM.
HTH,
Holly

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2007, 07:46:41 AM »
Thank you Ladies!! I'm also wondering if the skin brushing brush, comes with the package. If so, do they send a tape to show you how to skin brush? Thats really important to us. We really want to skin brush.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. ;)

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »
Just off the top of my head...
I think that the skin brush comes with written instructions for approx $15

There is a skin brushing kit that comes with brush, dvd, and some other products...I think...don't know the price

Good luck!
Holly

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
Ok  - lets clear up some confusion here :o  Qualifier: I have and have done all of these!  ;D

Instructions #1 is the instructional for Basic Workout (15 minute)
Basic Workout Plus is the workout plus an additional move called Hoe Downs
YES - Instructions #1 comes with the Total Workout  - Teresa wouldn't just let you out there on your own!

Instruction #2 is the instructional for the second half of the Total Workout . . . but you need the instructions first. So, the 2 together is the Total Workout. Hope that makes sense and clears up some confusion ;)

twitterpated4hubby I total agree with the others that The Total Workout  $80 is the one to get for you and your mom to share. Yes, she can do it . . . my 67 year old mom does Step Away every day. And Berei on the T-Tapp.com home page (left side) is 74 and does Basic+ on the DVD and works at the T-Tapp office in Florida.

Anyone new to T-Tapp I would recommend getting the Total Workout. You can have some inch loss from the Try Before you Buy movements (that's what sold me :)) But, for a true workout with inch loss and weight loss you'll need to make the investment  for your health . . . and as Teresa says on the TWO "you really don't need any other workout."   Unless you decide you want to target a specific area then there are other workouts available like Tempo Lower Body that you can only get after you have the TWO - you have to call the office to get them, they're not available online 'cause Teresa wants you to have the basics of the TWO down first.

Basic+ is also a fine workout if you have less inches to lose (if you have more you want to lose like 2-3 sizes it'll take longer) or just want to firm up and get some flexilibity, etc.

Hope that helps everyone and if you need more clarification I don't mind if you PM me. ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:18:46 PM by AgainstTheGrain »
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »
Here's a resource for Form Tips of T-Tapp moves if you're having trouble:
http://www.geocities.com/dyfalck/t-tapptips.htm

2 other form tips that I've run across lately are as follows:
Locking your lats (muscles between the shoulder blades) and it'll help you maintain your ballance better and also use your stomach muscles for faster inch loss  ;D
From "Fit and Fabulous" page177 in moves like Hoe Downs and Thread the Needle "Keep your toes pointed at all times. Did you realize that pointing your toes increases the intensity of muscle activation within your abdominal muscle? Focus on pointing your toes to your personal max and feel the difference. Who ever thought that pointing your toes could help flatten your tummy? Neurokinetic transmission is the secret  to success."  Another thing Teresa says all the time is "Push to your personal max and you'll always get results."

Keep on Tappin'
Vanessa in Iowa

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »
OK, thanks so much. I will email this page to my mother. I was hoping that the brush and directions would come with the package. I guess i will buy it separate. GRRRRRR!!!

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
This is so interesting to me! I am a pretty avid yoga/pilates "doer." And I do throw some cardio in there. However...reading about T-Tapp on here has definitely sparked my interest! I grabbed the book at the library this weekend & tried the 15 minute work-out. It took me like an hour just to somewhat figure out what in the world was going on!

Has anyone else tried the book & the videos? I am wondering about purchasing some of the dvds, but I don't want to "waste" the money. They're not cheap!! Does anyone know if they're easier to follow than the book?

I don't really need to lose weight..maybe like 5 lbs., if anything. But I'd definitely like to tone up & stay healthy. I do have a damaged shoulder, and I'm wondering if T-Tapp might actually help with that!

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
Ok, gals.  I've been following this thread with much interest for a while now.    There's so many excercise programs out there that are basically the same things repackaged, so I've been reading everyone's comments to see if T-Tapp is really "different."  Well, I can now say that it truely is!  I bought the book and everything she said really made sense.  It came with a sample DVD that has Organs In Place/Half Frogs and Hoe Downs.  After trying those I was sold!  There is also a coupon in the back of the book that you can cut out and mail off to recieve 30% off your first order.   I used that to purchase the Total Workout.  I just tried the Instructional #1 tonight, I'm hooked.  I'm really looking forward to learning more and getting the hang of all the moves and the form.  I'm "fairly" fit, I do strength training/cardio about 3x a week, and tonight I was out of breath and sweating just on the instructions!!  I took all my measurements, I'll keep you posted on my results!   ;D

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 06:18:12 PM »
Hey there, I've been following this thread, too!!  ;D I'm doing some of the "try before you buy exercises", but am really interested in the "hoedown" exercise you're supposed to do after meals....Anybody want to provide directions for those of us who don't have the dvds and aren't quite ready to buy them yet? Or is there a place I can find this info on the TTapp website?
Thanks...

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »
DVD's vs. Book

keltlyn - In my opinion, it would be extremely difficult to do T-Tapp moves from the book alone  :-\   The book is great at helping you tweek your form after you know the workout from the DVD. IMHO ;) As a side note - the top T-Tapp trainer, Lani, was a Pilates instructor for years and switched to T-Tapp because it is a more specific program. Teresa has actually done clinical studies on her moves to prove the work for a variety of reasons.

CNM2B - at the Try Before You Buy" sections there is a video download of HoeDowns - it would be really difficult to try and describe  :-\  In the book it takes 5-6 pages! :o
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 03:11:15 AM »
Thanks!!

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 05:41:08 AM »
DVD's vs. Book

keltlyn - In my opinion, it would be extremely difficult to do T-Tapp moves from the book alone  :-\   The book is great at helping you tweek your form after you know the workout from the DVD. IMHO ;) As a side note - the top T-Tapp trainer, Lani, was a Pilates instructor for years and switched to T-Tapp because it is a more specific program. Teresa has actually done clinical studies on her moves to prove the work for a variety of reasons.

CNM2B - at the Try Before You Buy" sections there is a video download of HoeDowns - it would be really difficult to try and describe  :-\  In the book it takes 5-6 pages! :o

I'm glad to hear this...I didn't think I was that exercise illiterate! Do you have certain dvds you'd recommend? I can't believe how expensive they are, but I homeschool and don't have much time. And I want a good program. So, my husband and I are talking through the $$ part of this.

Out of curiousity, how long have you been doing t-tapp? Do you find you're bored with it at all? I did the same pilates dvds for 4 years, and I just can't do them any more. Just wondering what your thoughts were on this!

Thanks so much!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 06:07:28 AM »
Great answers AgainsttheGrain  ;D Thanks for adding some clarification to all our mumble jumble  :)  BTW- I think you started all this in the first place didn't you?  I saw a post from you somewhere on these forums and it peeked my interest.  So glad it did because I love T-tapp.  ;D  ;D

The dvd's are definitely the way to go...detailed and yet very user friendly.  You can use the book as your reference along with them...I just check it out from the library when I want to get into it a little more.

Have a fabulous day and keep (OR START) tapping!

Holly