Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 298793 times)

Nickole

Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »
Againstthegrain, Nicole, can you give me a little insight as to how the God made/ man made system works??

I have been doing the "try before you buy" for almost  a week and I am very impressed with the results for the amount of time spent!  I will take my 1 week measurements and post my losses tomorrow...I plan on buying the DVDs when money is available, but until then I will keep with what I am doing!

Thanks,
Lisa

It's so easy - you eat God-made foods two days (no refined sugar and flour, no processed foods - basically all "whole" foods, how God made them!) then splurge one day and eat Man-made foods you want to, like doughnuts or something!  But only for one day, then again two days or eating whole foods.  I can't seem to find my little pamphlet on it, but I think what she said is this system helps your body to assimilate the junk food and not store it as fat better, when you indulge only every three days.  She also says not to go more than 4 days without eating some junk b/c it may cause cravings.  I hardly ever eat any "man made" foods so I don't really follow the system and I don't have cravings.  Maybe b/c I am so used to not eating that way, but I do still try to keep it in mind WHEN I indulge, not to indulge, say, the NEXT day also.  With Thanksgiving coming up, though, I will probably eat pie for four straight days in a row, but I'll chasten myself with lots of workouts, HA!   

I think it's a very sensible eating plan.  She really studied womens bodies and how their metabolisms work, esp. after age 30.   

Hope this helps!

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 03:18:40 AM »
Well after seven straight days of doing the "try before you buy" exercises, here are my results.  I did the exercises once a day at night, usually before bed.  I didn't change my eating habbits and lost no weight.  My goal is not so much to loose weight, but to fit into my clothes again and look good!

rt calf:  lost .25 inch

lf calf:  lost .50 inch

rt thigh:  lost .625 inch

lf thigh:  lost .25 inch

hips (lower)  lost .125 inch

hips:  lost .25 inch

lower abs: (pooch area)  no loss (first day of period, bloat factor...had seen some loss earlier in week)

waist:  lost .375 inch

Total Loss: 2.375 inches lost!!!  Do I wish that it was all lost on my tummy YES, but will keep on going and hopefully get there soon.  I can't wait to buy the DVDs as I know that will help me loose even more!

Some notes:  It does take A LOT of concentration, but it is worth it as it yields results!  The seventh day was the first day of my period and I dreaded doing the OIP as I was cramping pretty hard, but it actually felt good, like a massage for my insides!

I'll report back next week with hopefully more losses!! ;D ;D

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »
I just got "Fit and Fabulous in 15 min" from the library...hopefully I will learn some more to help me loose faster!!!  Off to read.......

Nickole

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 01:35:49 AM »
Well, forget about my formerly posted inch lost.  I't so easy to mismeasure - UGH!  I measured over and over, but I think I was not in the "stance" when I measured my thighs.  Maybe 1/2 inch in my abs, but unless it's for sure at least 1/2 inch I'm not counting it - b/c it's so easy for me to accidentally mismeasure just a tad.  Anyway, two weeks and basically no inch lost and my STAIRMASTER IS FOR SALE!!!!  I still want that ugly thing gone.  Anyway, I am a lot stronger I can tell - it is not hard at all to remain in the bent knee, etc. position.  Before it was OUCH!  but not it's like nothing, so I have gotten stronger.  WHEN will I see inch loss then?  Do people who have more inch loss needed see results faster maybe?  B/c I only need a little, but it's enought to be a whole clothes size.  Now that I have gotten stronger will my body all of a sudden kick in and I may see quicker results soon?  I'm getting discouraged here!  :(       

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 04:59:57 AM »
Okay, just checking in for the week to see how everyone is getting along.

Nichole-sorry you are discouraged  :'( I don't really know the answers to any of your questions but keep it up!!! I don't remember if they say that "less to lose" people lose slower or not. 

queentea- Great job! You will learn a lot from the book.  Especially since you are already somewhat familiar with the workout.  What I love about the success stories is that they are real people. It isn't like Teresa claims to turn everybody into a "barbie". Hope you keep losing and getting other health benefits also.

Well, as for me...it is week #3 since I measured 1st and got my dvd's.
I know what you mean about the accuracy (or lack there of) in measuring but here are my losses so far
Bust 1/2 in
Waist 1 in
Abs 1 in

Yeah- I'm excited about this especially because my husband is doing it with me so that is helping me stay consistent. He will not measure but I am hoping that it will help his shoulder, back and knee pain since she claims this is a physical therapy/rehab approach to fitness.  We will see...
Do the women on here have a decent amount of clothing on and could a 13 year old male exercise using these and not have a problem
My husband said "Yah, they have a decent amount of clothes on but that doesn't mean a 13yr old with raging hormones could do this without distraction"  I think if you take a look around the t-tapp website (the try before you buy videos) you will have a decent idea of what Teresa dresses like in the workouts.  Like Nickole said there is a cute girl that works out right behind Teresa in the instructionals.  My $.02

Holly

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »
Well, I have to say that I too may have made some errors in my measurements, but I DID loose in several places, just not as much as I originally thought.

I was able to get the book via inter-library loan, and it is good, but trying to do the 15 min workout is going to be a challenge without the video!!  There was a DVD in the book that includes the hoe downs and secret to a flat tummy which my 16yo dd have been doing together along with the try before you buy exercises.  It has been a lot of fun to do it with her after the younger ones go to bed.  Just have to keep from laughing too much when one of us accidentally "serenades" after having too many beans for dinner ::).  Hope to get the DVDs soon, maybe on e-bay.

Offline Joy2BMommy

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »
I was excited to see this thread here.  I have the total workout, but haven't worked up to the total yet, sticking with the BWO+ and my rebounder for now.  I've had it for a few weeks, but only did it a time or two before Thanksgiving - have been consistent with it for the past week and I'm seeing results already - especially from the brushing.  After six babies I have a bit of that loose overhang poochy stuff and it's going away!!  I still have the pooch area, but the loose stuff (I think it's called an "apron"?) is really firming up!!  Not bad for only one week of consistency!!! I've been trying to add in OIP/HF in the evening as well.  I'm really excited to see what my results may be in a month or two!  I think I'm likely on track to lose at least one size in my first four weeks.  My tighter fitting jeans are starting to fit a bit loose through the back side and possibly around the waist too.  I took my measurements when I started but don't want to measure for a few more days, so I'll let you know if there's been true loss. 
I try to take a couple minutes every few days to post my workouts on the postpartum thread at T-Tapp - it helps to keep me accountable to my workouts.

Lani has a workout scheduled not too far from me in a few months and I'm hoping to be able to attend.  From what I've read results can be much more dramatic with the form improvement that comes from working with an instructor.

Happy Tappin'!

Debbi
Blessed mama of six kiddos with #7 on the way!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »
I have watched the seminar, now, and am very excited to try some more exercises.  I am a little concerned with the "ho-down" exercise.  I did it without flinching or raising my heartbeat much.  Did I do it wrong?  Now, the arm exercises just about killed my back and arms.  :D
My legs have always been stronger than my arms, and I was in dance and ballet. So, maybe that is why the leg ones are easier.  So, is it possible that I did it perfectly the first time, or am I probably doing it wrong?

Nickole

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »
I have watched the seminar, now, and am very excited to try some more exercises.  I am a little concerned with the "ho-down" exercise.  I did it without flinching or raising my heartbeat much.  Did I do it wrong?  Now, the arm exercises just about killed my back and arms.  :D
My legs have always been stronger than my arms, and I was in dance and ballet. So, maybe that is why the leg ones are easier.  So, is it possible that I did it perfectly the first time, or am I probably doing it wrong?

Be sure and don't bounce - that extra leverage makes it easier and your heart rate won't go up as much.  Also, "as high as you can!"  ;D

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 08:04:25 AM »
Oh, yeah!  I feel it now!!  :D  Took about three days and now the back of my knees are sore.  I will measure next week to see if I get some of those awesome results.  Either way, it truly is a ingenious way to exercise.

Offline blessed2Bamomof3

• Learning
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 09:49:29 AM »
Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not "feeling it."  I guess I'll just have to break down and buy some kind of instructions, because the 'print before you buy' version is not doing anything for me.   Maybe I'm just a slow learner. :-\  I'm glad it's working for some of the rest of you, though.

Have a great day!!

:)
I am blessed!

Offline Shaundra

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 10:23:17 AM »
Is this safe for pregnant women? (putting the organs in place, etc.)
~Shaundra
happy helpmeet and
mommy to 3 crazy boys
and 2 beautiful girls!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 10:26:57 AM »
happymommy-

I doubt your a slow learner...or I'm in the same boat with you  :o Do you have any access that allows you to do the try before you buy videos? If you could the techniques in those exercises may help you to be able to understand the printed version of the other exercises.  I couldn't really get the hang of the exercises when I had the book from the library but with a few of the target pop videos I was able to do a little better.  I would encourage you if it is possible to purchase any workouts to do so.  I have been doing this for about 6 wks or so and really feel good even though I have only lost a couple of inches.  Now if I could just leave all the baked goods alone this time of year maybe I would get better results.  IMO it is the type of workout that gets more effective as you go because there is always ways to improve your form and "feel" it more. :o

Shaundra, I have never done this while pregnant but they say that it is safe (don't know about OIP specifically). There is a mommy fitness section on the t-tapp website www.t-tapp.com and I am sure that on the forums you could get more specific info.

Hope this helps,
Holly

Offline FollowingHim

• Learning
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2006, 11:56:24 AM »
I wouldn't think OIP is physically possible while pregnant, since all your organs end up behind baby! It sure is fabulous for afterward though!  I haven't tapped while pregnant, but my sister just had baby #7 and tapped all the way through (until she sprained her ankle on the stairs at 37 weeks)!  She felt great til the end and has had a speedy recovery, 12 weeks later.  Definitely check out the mommy fitness forum to ask specific questions.  Those forums are great!

Offline Joy2BMommy

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »
The website advises against OIP while pregnant.  As mentioned before, in the mommy fitness section there is a pregnant mommy thread.  I'm a part of the postpartum thread and have seen that several moms did the "MORE" workout during pregnancy, though several are doing (or have done) the Basic Workout Plus along and or the Total Workout, taking out moves that have been uncomfortable as the belly gets bigger (like oil wells?).  Since neither of these have floor work with them I don't think there's anything that would be unsafe for a pregnant woman, except for the organs in place.

Blessings,
Debbi
Blessed mama of six kiddos with #7 on the way!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 07:46:37 AM »
I am confused as to what is the next video to get after the 15 min. Total body workout, plus.  Does anyone know?  Everything seems like it is a package deal and I don't want that. I just want to be able to buy one tape/dvd.  Thanks.

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2006, 12:03:59 PM »
Is this safe for pregnant women? (putting the organs in place, etc.)

No need to put the organs in place since they'll be movin' to make room for baby anyway!! Check out the Mommy Forum at T-Tapp.com they have many good suggestions for during pregnancy. Basically you do what your body can handle, and if it's too much STOP!!!  ;)

I am confused as to what is the next video to get after the 15 min. Total body workout, plus.  Does anyone know?  Everything seems like it is a package deal and I don't want that. I just want to be able to buy one tape/dvd.  Thanks.

The 15 minutes workout is also Basic Instruction #1, so then you would go to Basic Instruction #2. Both of them together is the Total Workout. I don't know if you can get JUST Inst. #2.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:09:56 PM by AgainstTheGrain »
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 02:58:17 PM »

The 15 minutes workout is also Basic Instruction #1, so then you would go to Basic Instruction #2. Both of them together is the Total Workout. I don't know if you can get JUST Inst. #2.

Okay, thanks.  I don't remember seeing that one, but I will have to go back to see.  That is the only thing that I don't like about her program is you have to buy the two or three video packages.  You end up with a couple tapes you only use like once.  Kinda a waste to me.  But I like the exercises and I can't wait to measure myself, tomorrow.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 03:20:42 PM »
I am happy to announce that in ONE week I have lost a total of 5.5 inches!  Two and a half was on my waist, alone.  I also lost three pounds.  I didn't start losing the weight until I started doing the "hoedowns" exercises after every meal.  This is a really neat exercise program and I would recommend it to anyone.  It is a little expensive though....hmmmm....only down side.  ;)

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »
Healthy:
I am happy to announce that in ONE week I have lost a total of 5.5 inches!
Congrats!!! That is fabulous  ;D If you are still wondering about if inst #2 (which is on the same dvd as the Total workout) is available by itself...I would call the Better Body Basics office. When I was reading the forums the other day they mentioned calling to order the Ladybug since it wasn't listed online. Maybe it is possible to get just Inst 2 by calling...???
I am still holding on to my original inch loss but not making anymore progress...I am still doing the Total workout 3 times a week but have not been eating good...  >:( Actually I think that with the way I have eaten the last couple of weeks it is a very good thing that I haven't gained weight.  My goal is to now do hoedowns at least after some meals and OIP everday.

Holly

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2006, 01:30:05 AM »
I am happy to announce that in ONE week I have lost a total of 5.5 inches!  Two and a half was on my waist, alone.  I also lost three pounds.  I didn't start losing the weight until I started doing the "hoedowns" exercises after every meal.  This is a really neat exercise program and I would recommend it to anyone.  It is a little expensive though....hmmmm....only down side.  ;)

Which WO are you doing?? I am still hoping to get them soon...maybe in Jan...I need to shed some inches BAD...tired of wearing the same few outfits that fit!!  Still doing the try before you buy, but I have been eating bad and haven't seen anymore loss.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2006, 02:54:56 AM »

Which WO are you doing??

I had the sale one a few weeks back.  It contained the seminar, Instructional #1, and the Basic Workout Plus.  What is crazy, is the instructional is basically the same as the Workout Plus.  I paid for two of the same videos.  And the seminar is something you only watch once and then you are like.......now what do I do with it?  LOL!  So, since we are close to each other, queentea, I can drop the other workout to you if you like.  My gift to you!!  ;)

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 02:36:21 PM »
 SALE 30% off   SALE
Hey ladies I just thought that if you were interested you may want to know that today is deep discount Tuesday...12/19/2006  It says that you can get 30% your total purchase.
http://forum.t-tapp.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51185

Holly

Offline grc

• Learning
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 06:51:24 PM »
Hey T-tapp ladies,
I've been stalking ya waiting to see how much success you have.  Can anyone share their latest results and let me know if I should try it.

Thanks,

Gina

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2007, 03:26:32 AM »
Hey T-tapp ladies,
I've been stalking ya waiting to see how much success you have.  Can anyone share their latest results and let me know if I should try it.

Thanks,

Gina

Thanks to the generosity of Healthy in Ohio, I started Instructional 1 just before Christmas.  I also had been doing Organs in Place and Diva Derriere from the try before you buy.  Starting Jan 1st I did a four day boot camp doing the tape plus walk/running (only because I didn't have the total work out) for 25 min. then I just went to doing the inst. 1 every day, with an occasional day off here and there.  I have lost 3 lbs (don't really care about lbs though) and almost 6 inches.  1.25 on waist and .75 on my tummy pooch, and .5 on each thigh.  Because I am a combination body type, my inches come off a little here and there, but they are comming off!!  I'd love for it all to be around my middle, but I will take what I can get.  I am convinced and have my MIL tapping and hope to get my mom into it soon to and maybe my sister.  I would definitely say go for it!!!  I just won an auction on ebay for the total workout beg/rehab and I am looking forward to being able to do the total work out for faster inch loss!.  HTH

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:38 AM »
I have lost a total of 8 inches and have kept the four pounds off.  Not so concerned with the weight as much as the inches.  They literally feel like they "melted" off.  I am very happy with this program!!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
I am really out of shape.   Do you think I can handle this?    :-\    I'm 58 years young and would really like to firm up everything that is trying to reach the floor.   ;D    I do have a question here~~~~ I have looked at the try before you buy videos and am wondering if this is something where you start with a couple of exercises and move on to more and harder as you get more fit?    Think I will try it out and see how it goes.   
Are you all still seeing results  and still exercising? 
Thanks
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
I am really out of shape.   Do you think I can handle this?    :-\    I'm 58 years young and would really like to firm up everything that is trying to reach the floor. 

Daisey,

There is a 75 year young women who does T-Tapp probably better than me!!  She is on the videos.  The try before you buy videos don't do the exercises much justice.  I really like the concept and results with the T-tapp.  As a beginner, I would suggest this first(for the first few months):

15 Minute Basic Plus Workout (39.95)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »
thanks healthyinOhio.    Guess I need to send for the Basic Plus Workout set.
I really enjoyed all the posts here on the subject and find myself encouraged to try.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
I just got my videos in the mail. I'll be doing my measurements tomorrow. I might post them here for some real accountability. :o