Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 420674 times)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2007, 07:53:09 AM »
Does anybody have the Step Away DVD that they would like to sell?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
Okay.....

I have done the 'T-Tapp More' instructional and workout--its actually starting to get easy!   (I got this because thats where they say you should start if your pregnant.)   I can do more of the Balance sequence and Hoe-downs than they do in the workout....

So do I move to Instructional 1, or is there some other workout I should get?

Any help on this would be really appreciated!!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2007, 12:23:45 PM »
Daisey, I would just say that the SATI workout is well worth it.  It came with the Total Workout at the time I purchased it and I am so glad that it did.  It gets you moving and is a really great walking workout....sorry mine isn't for sale  >:(
healthnut- I don't have any idea how MORE differs from the Basic but you could probably get some ideas from the trainers over on the t-tapp mommy fitness forum. Everybody over there seems to be really helpful and friendly.

I've only been doing the basic plus for a few weeks and I've lost a ton of inches and several clothing sizes.  But it has only amounted to a few pounds lost.  However, when I measure and look at my cloths is obvious I've lost a lot!  So, I'd say stick with the basic plus until it doesn't work anymore.  I'm no veteran at this, but man, ya gotta love it! 

patti
Congratulations on the success.  Keep it up  ;D

Holly

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:15 AM »
I have lost a total of 8 inches and have kept the four pounds off.  Not so concerned with the weight as much as the inches.  They literally feel like they "melted" off.  I am very happy with this program!!

I was looking through the posts for someone who actually had success.  I just ordered the videos, as it seems my body did a lot of settling over the winter.  :(  I'm hoping to drop one size, or at least to a point where my clothes have a more relaxed fit.  (I know, my goals are small.  On a really adventurous goal...closer to my pre-babies size.)
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »
I have been doing T-Tapps for about 2 weeks but not very regularly.  I haven't measured to see if there is any change but here is my dilemma~~~I don't really want to loose any dress sizes, I just want to firm up what I have.  I have bought some new nice clothes and want to be able to wear them still.   Anyone have this problem?   I have the baby belly that I would like to flatten but don't really want to do much else except firm.

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2007, 02:04:13 PM »
I have been doing T-Tapps for about 2 weeks but not very regularly.  I haven't measured to see if there is any change but here is my dilemma~~~I don't really want to loose any dress sizes, I just want to firm up what I have.  I have bought some new nice clothes and want to be able to wear them still.   Anyone have this problem?   I have the baby belly that I would like to flatten but don't really want to do much else except firm.

you sound alot like me! i just started t-tapp on monday. i've been doing the instructional #1. i really don't need to lose much, but i'd like to tone & get rid of the baby belly!! i'm a short torso, long leg, and that's where i gain...all in the waist! have you been skin brushing as well? which dvd are you doing?

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2007, 04:29:07 PM »
you sound alot like me! i just started t-tapp on monday. i've been doing the instructional #1. i really don't need to lose much, but i'd like to tone & get rid of the baby belly!! i'm a short torso, long leg, and that's where i gain...all in the waist! have you been skin brushing as well? which dvd are you doing?
I am doing the instructional #1 also except today I did the Basic plus workout.   You should have seen me trying to do the Hoe Downs~~~~ ;D   :D   :o   My one daughter was almost ROFL!   I am not the most co-ordinated person in the world.    I also am short torso, long leg.    Guess we will see what happens.  Good luck.

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »

I am doing the instructional #1 also except today I did the Basic plus workout.   You should have seen me trying to do the Hoe Downs~~~~ ;D   :D   :o   My one daughter was almost ROFL!   I am not the most co-ordinated person in the world.    I also am short torso, long leg.    Guess we will see what happens.  Good luck.

oh no!! i haven't tried the hoe-downs yet! i'll have to see what happens when i do?!

how'd the basic plus go? i'm not quite ready to move on to that. do you plan on doing a bootcamp?

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »
keltlyn
I was getting frustrated with the Instructional #1 because of all the pauses for instruction~~~duh!   ::)   It didn't 'flow' right so I decided after a week and a half just to do the Basic plus.  I still don't know all the moves perfect but I did OK because it flows more smoothly.   I would like to do a bootcamp but we'll see, there seems to be to much 'life' going on right now to fit that in.   I figure anything that I do is better than nothing, right??   :-\   Maybe when 'school' is done I will get my girls all doing it with me.  Right now there is only one doing it with me on a sort of regular basis.

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »
I started t-tapp today.  I got a really great deal on the total workout set on e-bay.  YEAH!!!  Instructional #1 is a bit annoying because it takes twice as long, but I am sure that I would kill myself jumping right into the Basic Plus.  My coordination could use some help too. :D  I think that I will try it after a week of Instructional.  I am going to do a 14 day bootcamp starting the Monday after Easter.  We are hoping to get pregnant again very soon & I want to lose as much as possible before then.  If all goes well I hope to keep it up while I am pregnant too.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
I started t-tapp today.  I got a really great deal on the total workout set on e-bay.  YEAH!!!

That's great! I had heard that some of the sets on e-bay were going for retail price and above.  So glad to hear you got a good deal!!!   Hope it works out well for you!
Holly

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2007, 07:06:54 PM »
Wow!! Am I amazed at all the T-Tappers we have here!! Great to hear it!!

Daisey & Keltlyn - my understanding to just "firm" up and not really lose is to do a 4 day bootcamp with BWO+ then do every other day of it. And the tummy thing - have you tried Organs in Place? It's free on the T-Tapp website and works WONDERS!!

Knees Bent KLT - one thing that REALLY REALLY helped me is the right SHOES :)   When I started 1 1/2 years ago I got a pair of Skechers and they really helped. Well, I wore them all through my pregnancy because they are so comfortable and supportive. I decided as a goal if I was consistent for 6 weeks of working out then I would get a new pair. Ohhhh when I got them I realized how stretched out my old ones were  :o.  My new ones are awesome! and help with balance so much ( of course another secret to balancing like with Hoe Downs is to lock your lats ;) )  It's like whole new workout with my new shoes.    Here's a link if ya wanna take a look  ;)

http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1000151&variant_id=90165
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #162 on: March 30, 2007, 03:55:44 AM »
Wow!! Am I amazed at all the T-Tappers we have here!! Great to hear it!!

Daisey & Keltlyn - my understanding to just "firm" up and not really lose is to do a 4 day bootcamp with BWO+ then do every other day of it. And the tummy thing - have you tried Organs in Place? It's free on the T-Tapp website and works WONDERS!!

Knees Bent KLT - one thing that REALLY REALLY helped me is the right SHOES :)   When I started 1 1/2 years ago I got a pair of Skechers and they really helped. Well, I wore them all through my pregnancy because they are so comfortable and supportive. I decided as a goal if I was consistent for 6 weeks of working out then I would get a new pair. Ohhhh when I got them I realized how stretched out my old ones were  :o.  My new ones are awesome! and help with balance so much ( of course another secret to balancing like with Hoe Downs is to lock your lats ;) )  It's like whole new workout with my new shoes.    Here's a link if ya wanna take a look  ;)

thank you for the advice! i'm definitely not ready to do a bootcamp yet. i want to make sure i "master" instructional 1 the best i can before moving on. i have been doing OIP/HF as well. i got the book from the library, so i've been using the little dvd that's in the back.

also, thank you so much for the link to the shoes. i need to at least try those! i have such trouble finding shoes that fit me. in fact, i'm trying my 4th pair of crosstrainers right now. i bring them home, work out in them for a few days, and then end up having to take them back. did you go up a size or a 1/2 size for those?

thanks again!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:39 AM »
  It's like whole new workout with my new shoes.    Here's a link if ya wanna take a look  ;)

I was also wondering if you bought your "normal" size with sketchers...
I bought sketchers after t-tapping for about a month. You are so right they made the world of difference in the workout.  My athletic shoes before where running shoes and they just did not have the nice wide base for good balance.  I bought them a 1/2 size smaller than what I would usually get and it seems that once they stretched out I could have gotten another 1/2 size down.  Maybe KLT has helped strengthen and lift my arches?  I had never had feet issues before but they say that it should help with flat feet don't they?  Anyway I was just wondering how the fit of your sketchers compared to other shoes.
Also, I tried them on at a department store and then ordered them online when I found a good deal.

Holly

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2007, 09:21:12 AM »
  It's like whole new workout with my new shoes.    Here's a link if ya wanna take a look  ;)

I was also wondering if you bought your "normal" size with sketchers...
I bought sketchers after t-tapping for about a month. You are so right they made the world of difference in the workout.  My athletic shoes before where running shoes and they just did not have the nice wide base for good balance.  I bought them a 1/2 size smaller than what I would usually get and it seems that once they stretched out I could have gotten another 1/2 size down.  Maybe KLT has helped strengthen and lift my arches?  I had never had feet issues before but they say that it should help with flat feet don't they?  Anyway I was just wondering how the fit of your sketchers compared to other shoes.
Also, I tried them on at a department store and then ordered them online when I found a good deal.

Holly

Oh no! I just went out and bought a pair, and I got a whole size bigger than what I typically wear in everyday shoes. I've always been told to go bigger b/c your feet swell when working out. I'll hold onto my receipt! I'm curious to see what others have done!

I had been trying quite a few different running shoes, and boy...these feel completely different! I'm excited to try them!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2007, 10:09:40 AM »
Oh no! I just went out and bought a pair, and I got a whole size bigger than what I typically wear in everyday shoes. I've always been told to go bigger b/c your feet swell when working out. I'll hold onto my receipt! I'm curious to see what others have done!

You could go to the t-tapp forums at www.t-tapp.com and do a search for "sketchers".  There are quite a few threads that talk about shoes, what different people like, etc. Maybe that would help???  I have personally not had any noticeable swelling in my feet when I exercise.

My shoes are still very comfy and supportive.  The stretching is most noticeable to me when doing lunges and runners stretch. They really slide around on my heels then.

HTH,
Holly

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
You could go to the t-tapp forums at www.t-tapp.com and do a search for "sketchers".  There are quite a few threads that talk about shoes, what different people like, etc. Maybe that would help???  I have personally not had any noticeable swelling in my feet when I exercise.

HTH,
Holly

Holly...thanks for that! I've looked around a bit on the forums, and I'm noticing people seem to have different opinions. I'm wondering if I should go back and try on 1/2 size smaller & just compare.

I did read something about gripping your toes, and that it's not good! Have you noticed your toes gripping? I really noticed it when I just did t-tapp, and I'm wondering if either the shoes are leaving me too much room to grip, or if I'm just aware of it now?? Not sure.

Thanks for the help! How long have you been tapping?
...kelli

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »
Hi AgainstTheGrain
I have a Seth also but he is 24.  He is also in South Korea right now and I miss him something fierce so will you give your Seth a big hug for me.   ;)
Thanks for the encouragement.  I know the coordination thing will get better as I am more consistent.

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
Have you noticed your toes gripping? How long have you been tapping?

First of all, I don't think that they cause "toe gripping"  ??? Are you talking about sort of curling your toes to grip?  Now I will have to pay attention  :o  These shoes seem to fit my feet really well.  My feet would tend to be on the wide side...strappy heeled sandals rarely fit...unless I would like for my feet to be hanging off the sides :o

I have just been tapping for 4 months. I have lost almost 6 inches and at least 5lbs (oh yeah, we aren't supposed to weigh anymore ::) ).  I feel much stronger even though I have always been active and exercised semi regularly. I am 5'9" and have never been small (currently size 12, sometimes 10) so I don't know how much I will continue to lose???

I think that was more info than what you asked for wasn't it  :o

Holly

Nickole

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2007, 02:13:29 PM »
My toes grip now, after doing T-Tapp for about 4 months.  Is that a bad thing?   :-\  I did not realize until you mentioned it.  I knew that since T-Tapping I walk with my feet straight ahead, and not out, which is better.  B/c that's how you stand in the KLT position, it got me in the habit of walking that way.  But golly, yes, my toes grip the floor when I walk (is that what you're talking about?), but I thought that was normal when your feet are in proper alignment.  I'm not sure if the grip when I have shoes on.  I doubt it. 

I just LOVE T-Tapp!  And the gals at customer service are really nice and helpful.  A lady there told me not to worry about buying the skin brushing system if I only want to tighten tummy skin.  She said just brush morning and night, like AgainsttheGrain recommended, and it will firm up in time but may take two years even!   :o.  I'm determined though!  That was really cool to me that she didn't try to convince me I absolutely need the system.           

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2007, 04:24:48 PM »
Ok...I've been trying to find what I read about the toe gripping. I haven't come back across it, but I'm going to keep looking! I know I just didn't make it up ;)

Holly...thanks for all the information! I think it's great that we can share our t-tapping journeys on here!

Nikole...it's so good to hear that the customer support is that helpful & not just trying to sell! So, they said to brush 2 times a day?? I thought Theresa just said once a day in the CRT package. I wonder if I should start doing it in the morning, too?!

I'll let y'all know when I figure out the toe-grip thing!!

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2007, 08:04:46 PM »
did you go up a size or a 1/2 size for those?

Nope! got the same size I have for what seems like forever - 6. :D

Nickole - Sorry I haven't PM'd you back  :-\, I am glad you called the office though. I always try and remember that Teresa said your skin needs exercising every day just like the rest of you... Did they say anything about Alfalfa? I took it while preg and brushed, too and I think it really helped to not have so much loose skin now. knowing me I'll get it where I want it then have another baby :o and start alllll over again ;D

Daisey - I'll give my Seth an extra smooch for ya  :-*
Hang in there on the balance! :o You'll get it. Remember it's a left/right brain workout as well! I remember how I bobbled and bobbled to do hoe downs in the beginning - now I can even do U-Swings and Thread the Needle back to back with only slight bobbles . . . but it takes concentration ;)

Toe Gripping - KLT/NBT (No Big Toe) - There's a thread that's very useful at the top of the T-Tapp boards called "Must Read Threads for Newbies and Vetrans Alike"  (I still haven't figured out how to put a hyperlink in my message  :-\ or I'd put one here)  It's like an index for threads on certain subjects.   There was one with Teresa's thoughts on how the ball of foot/toe gripping thing should progress - Here ya go!!

Here are some excerpts from Teresa's posts on the subject. In them she describes the progressive nature of KLT. Hope this is helpful to you.

It is VERY IMPORTANT to rebuild strength and flexibility within your knee before turning out from the hip. That is why I created the basic sequence to be: Toes forward, Bend knees, Tuck Butt, Get your shoulders back in alignment with your hips...THEN push your knee out towards your little toe to your personal best. By doing it in this sequence you not only help the outside of your knee rebuild strength
and the inside of your knee to rebuild flexibility, you also help rebuild muscle strength within your foot to "lift arch" along with better alignment within your ankle....AND you help prevent undo injury.

Yes you should feel like you are on the ouside of your foot and yes I suggest not wearing orthotics within your shoes while doing T-Tapp and yes I do not advise going barefoot in the beginning.

ONCE your knee is able to push out past your little toe, THEN you can add turnout from your hip joint and utilize the NBT technique with ball joint down (to stabilize ankle and increase intensity of muscle activation)

The reason I teach NBT during Step Away the Inches and while walking is because it provides a variation of KLT during active movement. Think about it....during T-Tapp KLT is used on your stabilized foot during balance movements or whenever both feet are in T-Tapp stance.

When you achieve KLT in correct sequence are you able to push your knees out past your little toes? If not, I'd go back to basics until you build up greater balance strength and flexibility wise upon the attachments at knee. THEN progress to NBT and BBJ.

T-Tapp is a progressive journey for the body. Always go to your own personal best and your body will respond. Skipping or not working details in sequence alter your body's ability to achieve optimal results.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:11:11 PM by AgainstTheGrain »
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Nickole

« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2007, 02:49:30 AM »

Nickole - Sorry I haven't PM'd you back  :-\, I am glad you called the office though. I always try and remember that Teresa said your skin needs exercising every day just like the rest of you... Did they say anything about Alfalfa? I took it while preg and brushed, too and I think it really helped to not have so much loose skin now. knowing me I'll get it where I want it then have another baby :o and start alllll over again ;D

Yes, she sure did mention the Alfalfa.  Will it help tighten it FASTER?  She said you need to get the Alfalfa with the root, not just the sprouts.  I don't want to spend the money if brushing alone with help  :-\.  She also said dead sea salt baths.  And she said something called Cell Food you can buy.  Basically all this feeds the skin to help.  Do you think incorporating all this will help it tighten upfaster? 

I wish I could find a "before and after" pic of someone who really tightened their tummy skin to how it looked before, with brushing.  That would be so encouraging.  Can't find one.  Maybe I'll take a pic of my tummy now JUST so that if it works, it would maybe encourage others.  It just looks so gross now!

Someone asked about brushing twice a day.  I don't think that would apply to the whole body brushing.  I think she was just telling me that b/c I am anxious to get this skin tightened up, and it only takes about 30 seconds each time, so it's no big deal. 

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2007, 05:39:41 AM »
Against...Thank you so much! That really helps. I've definitely been doing the KLT as soon as I bend my knees. I need to slow it down and do everything in the right sequence.

I'll read through the threads again! There is so much information on the forums there, it's easy to get lost!

Nikole...thanks for the info. on the tummy brushing. I've been doing the whole body, but my tummy is my main focus. I might start doing it in the morning as well. It's hard to hear that it may take up to 2 years, but it helps to know it's a process. That way I'm not looking for the immediate results. I love skin brushing! My skin is SO much softer & healthier already.

You guys are awesome! Thanks again!!!

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
Ok...here's the scoop on gripping the toes. I asked the quesion on the t-tapp boards, and this is the answer I got...HTH!!

First of all clenching is going to clamp down on the blood and lymphatic vessels in your feet this can lead to cramping and also make the workout less effective at pumping lymph than it is if there is free blood and lymph flow.

Second clenching your toes can distort the shape of your arch and even stress your arch along with the muscles of the shin and side of the leg. If you distort the shape of your arch you aren't going to be strengthening it. Strong feet are going to help you get more out of your workout because they create the base of linear alignment and strong linear alignment is one of the things that creates the resistance of T-Tapp.

You can compare it to building a house. If the foundation of your house is distorted then there is no way that house itself will be straight and in alignment.

Finally clenching toes is a sign that the muscles that support you in T-Tapp stance are tiring. When these muscles tire your body searches for another way to hold you up and clenching the toes is a very common "solution". So next time you find yourself clenching take a second to kick it out and reassume the stance even if you end up doing a few less reps of whatever movement you're doing. Over time you'll find that you do more and more reps before you clench and eventually toe clenching will be a distance memory.I also suggest that you practice your stance during the day, outside of your workouts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 05:48:08 AM by keltlyn »

Nickole

« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2007, 05:55:29 AM »
Wow, thanks for that info about clenching!  I will definately try to be more aware and get out of the habit!   :)

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2007, 06:27:29 AM »
I am a newbie at T-tapping, but so far I love it.  I got the 15 minute BWO+.  I tried the hoedowns for the first time today.  Whew!  Now on that one I think it's rather hard to keep up with her and not fall over while doing it!!  I guess I'll get it down.  Practice makes perfect, they say.  But I did the instructional #1 for 6 days and lost 3 inches!!  I was very impressed - not to mention dh.  :D  I really like how it is only 15 minutes out of my very busy day.  AND it is something I can do while nursing and pregnant.  Now that gets me excited!  I wonder if any ladies who've done it while pregnant have noticed a difference in their stamina or weight gain.  Anyway, keep on tappin', ladies!

Offline hsink

• Adept
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2007, 06:44:53 AM »
Yeah! Kendra!!! Welcome...It is a great workout don't you think?  So glad to hear you like it and hope it continues to give you good results.  I definitely have more energy, even on days when I don't get as much sleep as I like(but I'm not pregnant so I don't know about that  :o )  Keep it up!!

Have a great day,
Holly

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2007, 09:25:48 AM »
I just ordered the videos, as it seems my body did a lot of settling over the winter.  :( 

It arrived today, and I've already done the first 15 minutes.  It's been years since I've done any type of work-out, but this one definitely felt like it could help.  I give you an update in about a month and let y'all know if my clothes fit better.

Thank you so much for letting me know about it!
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »
How are all of you ladies on t-tapp doing?  I'd be interested to hear your insights by now, for those of you who have been doing this a while.  Do your inches lost kind of level out after a while?  Do you still feel it is the wellness workout it claims to be?  I've only been doing it for a little over two weeks now, but I really like it.  I'm only doing the BWO+ because I only have 15 minutes a day to exercise.  I was also wondering if it's okay for me to do it everyday or should I follow what she says about boot camp and then doing it every other day for 4-6 weeks or so.  Any ideas?  Thanks.