Author Topic: T-Tapp  (Read 420683 times)

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
Re: T-Tapp
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2007, 05:34:54 AM »
I was all excited about using my Christmas money to buy some T-Tapp DVD's when I discovered I was pregnant.  But, as I looked at the site I realized that they actually encouraged pregnant Moms to do t-tapp.  So I bought the T-Tapp More dvds which is the one the recommend for pregnancy.  It arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started.  I hope they will help keep me strong throughout pregnancy.  Now if I could just find a time when I'm not queasy. . .   ;D  -KG

Good for you KG!!  There's also a Mom's Board that's VERY helpful at T-Tapp.com  Just listen to your body and do as much or as little as you can.

Keltlyn - Here's a whooooole thread on Skin Brushing ;)  I'ts Great!! ;D
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1597.0.html

Thanks! I'll read through this. Did you order your brush from t-tapp, or did you get one elsewhere?

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »
I did get the CRT System at Christmas 2005 because I got 50% off. It is definately worth it in my book! :D I could not take the Fibertox since I was pregnant and now am nursing - so I gave it to a friend. But I really, really like the alfalfa - wish I could afford it now. :-[
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2007, 11:23:40 AM »
I did get the CRT System at Christmas 2005 because I got 50% off. It is definately worth it in my book! :D I could not take the Fibertox since I was pregnant and now am nursing - so I gave it to a friend. But I really, really like the alfalfa - wish I could afford it now. :-[

Do you also take Supermom? I'm wondering how the 2 would react together.

Also, I went to Barnes and Noble today, and I could not find Fit and Body anywhere! Do I have the name wrong??

Thanks!!

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2007, 11:50:41 AM »
Wanted:

Preferably to Borrow, but Buying is cool too

The T-Tapp dvd or vhs for Skin Brushing

I have the written instructions and have most of it figured out. I just need to see it a couple times to work out the kinks. Don't need to keep it.

Thanks to anyone willing to help...I just don't want to pay $30  :o for a dvd/vhs I will only watch two times. ::)

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2007, 01:17:44 PM »
Wanted:

Preferably to Borrow, but Buying is cool too

The T-Tapp dvd or vhs for Skin Brushing

I have the written instructions and have most of it figured out. I just need to see it a couple times to work out the kinks. Don't need to keep it.

Thanks to anyone willing to help...I just don't want to pay $30  :o for a dvd/vhs I will only watch two times. ::)

hmmm...maybe if a few of us chipped in somehow, we could just pass it around!!
 just a thought!

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2007, 10:04:55 AM »
Sounds good to me...

Maybe someone would be the "librarian" and could keep track of whose borrowed it, and could hang on to it when its not being borrowed.

If someone would do that maybe we could donate T-Tapp stuff for people to borrow.

Just an idea.....

Nickole

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2007, 10:17:19 AM »
Sounds good to me...

Maybe someone would be the "librarian" and could keep track of whose borrowed it, and could hang on to it when its not being borrowed.

If someone would do that maybe we could donate T-Tapp stuff for people to borrow.

Just an idea.....

Count me in then!  I'd love to borrow the skin brushing DVD!  Someone could make a little mula renting it out to us!  I'd pay $10 to rent it.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2007, 12:29:29 PM »
Wahooo!  My T-Tapps DVD came today.    :)   My girls and I watched the insturctional tape and the basic work out.     :-\   I'm not sure about this---I am so slow to pick up on stuff like this.    How can I do these things while trying to watch how she does them?   ???   I might have to watch the tape a few times first then jump (?) in and  do them.    :-\
Will try let you know how it turns out.
Daisey
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »
OK Gals - I have the Body Brushing DVD as well as the audio CD of "The Truth About Cellulite"  ;D :D ;D  and I'd be willing to be your "Lending Library"   :D

Let me talk it over with DH and see how we could handle the details and I'll get back with ya ;)

Vanessa in Iowa

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »
OK Gals - I have the Body Brushing DVD as well as the audio CD of "The Truth About Cellulite"  ;D :D ;D  and I'd be willing to be your "Lending Library"   :D

Let me talk it over with DH and see how we could handle the details and I'll get back with ya ;)

I also will have the Body Brushing dvd in a few days! I ordered the Total Package, and when I'm done, I'd be more than happy to "lend" it out! We should definitely try to get a system going with this!!

Sounds good & fun!

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
My mom got her t tap stuff in Friday. By Sunday she had lost 2 and 1/4 inches. :o She bought me a brush and i just started last night. She loves it, but it kinda hurts my skin. I'm wondering if the alfalfa really makes a difference in the skin tightening up. Does anyone know if i really should buy it? Is hers just regular alfalfa or is there other stuff added?
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2007, 06:43:43 PM »
My mom got her t tap stuff in Friday. By Sunday she had lost 2 and 1/4 inches. :o She bought me a brush and i just started last night. She loves it, but it kinda hurts my skin. I'm wondering if the alfalfa really makes a difference in the skin tightening up. Does anyone know if i really should buy it? Is hers just regular alfalfa or is there other stuff added?
There's nothing added to it but from my understanding there's a special way she has it processed - go to this link http://www.t-tapp.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=46   and read all about it . . . or just listen to you mom's cellulite audio CD she talks about it on there too. ;)
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »

I've only been doing T-tapp for a week and I've literally already lost 1 1/2 clothing sizes!  My weight has only dropped a couple of pounds but I can put on dresses I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!  Wow!  I'm sleeping better, I feel better (could it be lymphs draining?), and I can tell my blood sugar is much more stable.  Also, it doesn't strain my adrenal glands like other exercise does.  I am amazed!  And definatel sold on it.  :)

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2007, 07:32:23 PM »

I've only been doing T-tapp for a week and I've literally already lost 1 1/2 clothing sizes!  My weight has only dropped a couple of pounds but I can put on dresses I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years!  Wow!  I'm sleeping better, I feel better (could it be lymphs draining?), and I can tell my blood sugar is much more stable.  Also, it doesn't strain my adrenal glands like other exercise does.  I am amazed!  And definately sold on it.  :)

patti

I'm so excited for you!! ;D ;D ;D  That's awesome!!  If blood sugar is an issue for you a really good stabilizer is HoeDowns. There's some threads at the T-Tapp boards about it.  I think there are Sooooooo many hidden benefits of T-Tapp that Teresa could write an encyclopedia worth!!
Vanessa in Iowa

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »

Yippee!  :D

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2007, 03:49:15 AM »
After my first week, I had lost over 2 inches, mostly from my hips!  I'm doing the Basic Instructional, and adding OIP/HF and Hoe Downs at the end.  But last week we were out of town and I didn't do much of anything, so honestly I haven't even measured for this week.  I probably should, thought just for consistency sake.  I'm going to get back into it this week.  I have not done 4 days in a row (minimum boot camp), I'm hoping to do that this week.

I love T-Tapp!

Nickole

« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2007, 01:01:37 AM »

Yippee!  :D

I am very excited too!!!!   ;D

• Adept
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2007, 07:25:35 AM »
Wow!! I'm so uncoordinated, that the instructional video was hard. I had to keep rewinding and trying to get those moves down. Anybody else have a hard time at first? Oh, and I'm not talking about the brushing....I'm talking about the exercises.

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Nickole

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2007, 07:32:55 AM »
Wow!! I'm so uncoordinated, that the instructional video was hard. I had to keep rewinding and trying to get those moves down. Anybody else have a hard time at first? Oh, and I'm not talking about the brushing....I'm talking about the exercises.

Yes, HA, and then when you get Basic 1 down, you will go on to Basic 2 and think "NO HUMAN CAN DO THAT!!!!"  And then you'll get that down too  ;D.  It's tough at first, esp. when you have correct form.  You will feel it the next day, or even maybe weeks after, if you keep on.  That's a good thing though!  After four weeks of incorporating the Total Workout, I am finally NOT feeling sore all over every day and wondering, "Why am I doing this to myself again today?"  It's hard to psyche yourself up to workout when you are STILL sore all over (every single muscle) from the LAST workout.  Keep at it - I am enjoying the rewards!  My husband is too!

Oh, and I posted before that I had lost 11 inches and yet no weight but somehow in the last two weeks I have lost 4 pounds, yet don't think any more inches yet, so I guess the weight caught up with the inches  ;D.  Finally.   

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »

Me too.   :-\  I had to watch the video a couple of times to try get the moves sort of in my brain so I could do them.  It is hard to watch her and do the exercises too.   I was wondering if I would ever get them down also.   Guess only time will tell.
Thanks for the encouragement girls.
Daisey

Nickole

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2007, 10:50:37 AM »

Me too.   :-\  I had to watch the video a couple of times to try get the moves sort of in my brain so I could do them.  It is hard to watch her and do the exercises too.   I was wondering if I would ever get them down also.   Guess only time will tell.
Thanks for the encouragement girls.
Daisey

You would want to do the instructional until you get the moves down - at least a week I would say.  You're still getting a workout, remember - there are just more pauses.   ;D  You'll get it down eventually.  Be patient - her moves are unique!       

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
So I got the "T-Tapp More" dvd because that is where it says to start if you are pregnant......  ??? Where do I go now???

You would want to do the instructional until you get the moves down - at least a week I would say.  You're still getting a workout, remember - there are just more pauses.   ;D  You'll get it down eventually.  Be patient - her moves are unique!       

The info papers that came with my workout said try and do it a couple times a week for several weeks before moving to the non-instructional workout...this worked great for me  ::)

Offline lvg4him

• Learning
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
Just curious if anyone has done the "Putting Your Organs in Place" http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/flatstomach/ that she talks about? that sounds DANGEROUS. I am sorry if this had been asked before, but I could not find it.

Nickole

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
So I got the "T-Tapp More" dvd because that is where it says to start if you are pregnant......  ??? Where do I go now???

The info papers that came with my workout said try and do it a couple times a week for several weeks before moving to the non-instructional workout...this worked great for me  ::)

Really?  I never went that long - felt like I got the moves down in a week  :).  But I did it every single day for a week, b/c she suggests doing that at first, every day for I think 7-14 days, depending on how many sizes you want to lose.  Bootcamp, she calls it.   

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »
I just got my Total Workout, and I'm so excited! I've watched the Yes You Can seminar & listened to The Truth About Cellulite. I'm wondering if anyone on here has taken both Super Mom AND the Alfalfa & Fibertox. I'm trying to make sure I won't be getting too much of something. Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

I'm so excited to start t-tapping! We're going on vacation next week, so I may try to wait to start until then. (If I can!)

I'm utterly amazed at how much sense it all makes! Kuddos to her for taking the time to teach us all the how & why of t-tapp!!

Thanks for any thoughts on the supplements...I'm off to do some skin brushing!

• Adept
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
YAYYY!!! I got it! I'm still struggling with those hoe downs though. WHEWWW!!! They are tough. It looks so easy but its not. The only thing I'm still confused about is that weird side thing she does. Where she makes you turn to the side and go down with your hands. That just doesn't feel right. I must be missing something. At least I'm doing something now. Even if its wrong, its gotta be helping a little.

Do you think the body brushing will help me firm up even though i dint have any alfalfa? Did i already ask that somewhere on here? Its late and I'm tired. Sorry if someone already answered that.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2007, 11:56:39 AM »
YAYYY!!! I got it! I'm still struggling with those hoe downs though. WHEWWW!!! They are tough. It looks so easy but its not. The only thing I'm still confused about is that weird side thing she does. Where she makes you turn to the side and go down with your hands. That just doesn't feel right. I must be missing something. At least I'm doing something now. Even if its wrong, its gotta be helping a little.

Do you think the body brushing will help me firm up even though i dint have any alfalfa? Did i already ask that somewhere on here? Its late and I'm tired. Sorry if someone already answered that.
I agree about the weird thing where she turns to the side and goes down with her hands.  That one doesn't make sense to me either and I never do it right.   Oh well, maybe I will get it in time.
Keep on going is my motto.

• Adept
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2007, 04:57:48 PM »
I have a question...when she keeps saying knees out, does she mean to bend your knees or to bend them and kinda push them out to the side like your bow legged? I'm getting confused.

Also, i decided to do the boot camp with the basic plus and then instructional 2 up to thread the needle. I can do the first easy, but i cant do the second instructional. I just cant get that far.Should i just keep trying or just wait until i have the first one down better? I really wanted to lose this weight before summer. Will just doing basic plus help me do that?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »

I've only been doing the basic plus for a few weeks and I've lost a ton of inches and several clothing sizes.  But it has only amounted to a few pounds lost.  However, when I measure and look at my cloths is obvious I've lost a lot!  So, I'd say stick with the basic plus until it doesn't work anymore.  I'm no veteran at this, but man, ya gotta love it! 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2007, 02:02:00 AM »
I have a question...when she keeps saying knees out, does she mean to bend your knees or to bend them and kinda push them out to the side like your bow legged? I'm getting confused.

Also, i decided to do the boot camp with the basic plus and then instructional 2 up to thread the needle. I can do the first easy, but i cant do the second instructional. I just cant get that far.Should i just keep trying or just wait until i have the first one down better? I really wanted to lose this weight before summer. Will just doing basic plus help me do that?

Yes, bend your knees and push out like you are bow legged.  Form is SO important with t-tapp and will definitely be a factor in how many inches you loose and how quickly you loose them.  The harder you tuck the better.  Pretend you have a coin between you "cheeks" and don't let it drop to the floor!  Keep your shoulders back like you are trying to make your shoulder blades meet.

Keep doing what you can, it isn't how far you can get on the instructionals, it's how much you can do with proper form.  You are better doing just basic if you are doing it till you legs shake and you are sweating.  With proper form that is how I feel!  I did a boot camp with Basic and then a 20-30 min walk/run.  I was successful in loosing over six inches, but I just got back from vacation, and needless to say, I"m back to tapping!!!
HTH
Lisa