Author Topic: Reversals: Vasectomy and Tubal Ligation  (Read 83377 times)

Offline Lavender~Rosemary

• Adept
Re: Reversals: Vasectomy and Tubal Ligation
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »
I have been looking at blessedarrows.com for vasectomy reversal surgeons.    Dr. Stanton from Arkansas is fairly inexpensive as far as vas reversals go and he seems to have a lot of good feedback.
Also, Dr. David S. Wilson in Oklahoma is $1500 - has anyone heard anything about him?
His website is: http://www.microvasreversal.com/index.htm
Dr. Dennis Streeter in Indiana is $2000.  his site is [url]http://www.surgicalreversal.com/site/969796/page/45029/[url]
These are the least expensive that I have found.  I don't know much about their reputations or procedures as yet.
I'd be happy to hear what anyone else has heardabout these or other doctors.
Stacy

Offline Lily-Vine

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 06:24:12 AM »
I noticed that earlier this year someone was asking about doctors that do reversals.  I thought that I would share some of our journey, maybe it can help.  We have been fighting to regain lost ground for about three years.  We have had two vasreversal and were told that we could do nothing else but we refused to accept it.  Ask and keep on asking,  knock and keep on knocking as well as the story of Jacob wrestling for his blessing were things that came to our minds. It is so amazing to see how God has worked for us in this area, there is not enough room here to tell you all.  Recently my husband went to a local urologist just to see if he had any ideas.  I few days before his appointment I found a book at the library  by Dr. Sherman J. Silber.  My husband didnt tell the doctor about Dr. Silber but the urologist metioned two by name, one of them was Dr. Silber in St. Loius, Missouri.  Dr. Silber looks like he is the best in his field.  He developed the proceedure in the 1970`s and he does`nt mind working with difficult cases.  I hope someone can use this information. 

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 09:25:23 AM »
  We have had two vasreversal and were told that we could do nothing else but we refused to accept it. 

Does this mean that you are going through with a third surgery?  Just curious as to why it is not working for your hubby.  Too much scar tissue?  Or was it too many years in between vas and reversal?  My hubby has had only one surgery and we were told there was too much scar tissue.  We don't plan on another surgery as we don't find it financially feasible nor responsible.  We are fixing up our house right now, so anyone who has ever done that knows how quickly your money disappears!!  ;)
Do you have a website or a link for this doctor you recommended?  Thanks and good luck to you and your future family.

Offline MissusLeata

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »
The absolute best OB/GYN who does tubal ligation reversals is also in New Braunfels, TX.  His name is Dr. Skip Rath. (Uncle Skip to me ;D) I will highly recommand him to anyone!!!  He has done countless reversals for Christian women in Mexico as a ministry. (There, they tie your tubes when you deliver, and then tell you later....in the government hospitals...)

Does he go to Mexico to do them? I have a friend who basically had that happen to her. She thought they were doing something temporary and after the surgery asked to make sure that she could still have children. :-(

Offline Beth in Idaho

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 10:48:49 AM »
I have been looking at blessedarrows.com for vasectomy reversal surgeons.    Dr. Stanton from Arkansas is fairly inexpensive as far as vas reversals go and he seems to have a lot of good feedback.
Also, Dr. David S. Wilson in Oklahoma is $1500 - has anyone heard anything about him?
His website is: http://www.microvasreversal.com/index.htm
Dr. Dennis Streeter in Indiana is $2000.  his site is [url]http://www.surgicalreversal.com/site/969796/page/45029/[url]
These are the least expensive that I have found.  I don't know much about their reputations or procedures as yet.
I'd be happy to hear what anyone else has heardabout these or other doctors.
Stacy

We used Dr Stanton for my husbands first reversal...It came apart within 6 months...wonderful man just uses the old way of doing reversals...does not do microscopic...We went to Dr Marks in Arizona...and he was fabulous...my husband had wonderful counts..I just never got pg...Heartbreaking for  us and a long journey but a journey that brought us to our incredible daughter! Gods plan was so much better than ours!! He is always in the details! But..we were glad we did the reversals because my husband always felt better....Beth in Idaho

Offline kimberlee

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 02:48:31 PM »
In June, my husband went to a wonderful doctor in Texas named Dr. Leverett. He had his vasectomy over 15 yrs prior. We just found out a little over a week ago that we are expecting! My husband really liked him. Dr. Leverett prayed with him and talked to him throughout the surgery. I believe the surgery was $2,800.00.

Kim
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:09:18 PM by kimberlee »

Nickole

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 05:44:09 PM »
My husband went to Dr. Stanton in Arkansas and he was WONDERFUL, and we got pregnant the next month!   ;D  Now have a 14 month old miracle baby! 

burlsgirl

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2006, 05:17:12 AM »
My DH used Dr. Stanton also, and I, too was pg the next month w/ 3rd dd. Just found out last night that #4 is on the way!!

Offline Lily-Vine

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2006, 06:38:39 AM »
  We have had two vasreversal and were told that we could do nothing else but we refused to accept it. 

Does this mean that you are going through with a third surgery?  Just curious as to why it is not working for your hubby.  Too much scar tissue?  Or was it too many years in between vas and reversal?  My hubby has had only one surgery and we were told there was too much scar tissue.  We don't plan on another surgery as we don't find it financially feasible nor responsible.  We are fixing up our house right now, so anyone who has ever done that knows how quickly your money disappears!!  ;)
Do you have a website or a link for this doctor you recommended?  Thanks and good luck to you and your future family.

Thank you for your well wishes.  Yes we are planning on a third surgery.  There is more than one type of reversal that can done.  We have learned so much since we started.  As to why the other two have not worked we dont know.  It could be that it was to develop some more depth to us.  Some things can only be learned thru hard times. I think that if everything was easy then we wouldnt be very strong.  Makes me think about something in the book The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis.   Aslan, himself chased them in order to bring out the very best that they could do. We have decided to continue to pursue this because we feel that what we are investing in will be around in 100 years and beyond.  This is our wrestle and we must not let go.  God bless.    The web site to Dr. Silber is:  http://www.infertile.com/treatmnt/treats/mvr/mvr.htm

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »
We have decided to continue to pursue this because we feel that what we are investing in will be around in 100 years and beyond.  This is our wrestle and we must not let go.  God bless.    The web site to Dr. Silber is:  http://www.infertile.com/treatmnt/treats/mvr/mvr.htm

Good for you!!  If you have the money for it, then I would do it, too.  Here is a link that is easier for others to navigate to on the Dr. Silber website.
http://www.infertile.com/treatmnt/treats/mvr/mvr.htm

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 03:45:55 PM »
Lily-Vine,

Do you happen to know the cost for Dr. Silber's surgery?  I couldn't find anything on the site, so I emailed them.  They emailed me back saying that I should call them to discuss prices.  That is NOT a good sign!!  LOL!

Offline Lily-Vine

• Learning
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »
Hi,  I don`t  know if you have already talked to Dr. Silber`s office yet but I can share with you what they told me.  They broke it down in three different charges.  Each of the three is due at a slightly different time frame.  The numbers are not the exact numbers because I don`t have them right in front of me now.  The surgeon fee is about $8,000 and the hospital is $3,000 and the medicine is around $700.  They have been so helpful to us.  Even calling to see if we got the first packet of information in the mail.  At that time I told them that we had and had just returned them in the mail the day before. ha, ha.  We are so excited.  We are trusting God in all this.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:01:30 PM by Lily-Vine »

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2006, 05:53:08 AM »
The absolute best OB/GYN who does tubal ligation reversals is also in New Braunfels, TX.  His name is Dr. Skip Rath. (Uncle Skip to me ;D) I will highly recommand him to anyone!!!  He has done countless reversals for Christian women in Mexico as a ministry. (There, they tie your tubes when you deliver, and then tell you later....in the government hospitals...)

Does he go to Mexico to do them? I have a friend who basically had that happen to her. She thought they were doing something temporary and after the surgery asked to make sure that she could still have children. :-(

He goes to Mexico each year with a group called, "Time for Christ."  They are a Medical Caravan.  I'm not sure if he does reversals then or not.  Most of the ones that I am aware of, the ladies came to him.    I really don't have many details of the specific  (though I do know several of the reversal children!)

You would need to contact him directly to find out more.  His name is Skip Rath.  (first name is actually Albert, not sure which name the phone book)  and he is on New Braunfels, TX.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2006, 07:35:14 AM »
The surgeon fee is about $8,000 and the hospital is $3,000 and the medicine is around $700. 

This is outrageously high!!  :o  I do hope you will find it through your faith in the Lord.  No wonder they didn't want to discuss it through an email! LOL!  ;)

Offline Charis

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:33 AM »

I've been looking too...so if you find one let me know...my husband had the big "V" three years ago and has had serious side effects. He's now looking to get a reversal! Thanks...
What kind of side effects is your husband having?
"Momma can I have some fruit? I think my body needs some vitamin C." -Madelyn 5

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2007, 10:30:54 AM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. David S. Wilson?  He performs vasecotomy reversals in Oklahoma?  His price is $1500.
http://www.microvasreversal.com/index.htm

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »
I answered my own question, in part anyway.  I found these testimonies in blessed arrows:
http://www.blessedarrows.org/DrWilsontestimonies.htm
I'd stilll like to hear from any of you who know about him.
Stacy

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. David S. Wilson?  He performs vasecotomy reversals in Oklahoma?  His price is $1500.
http://www.microvasreversal.com/index.htm

I found him TOO late!! LOL!!  He is the cheapest that I have found.  But he has only been doing them for a few months, now.  Don't know much else, though.  ;)

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »
Does anyone else get a little nervous when it is so cheap?  I know many doctors do it as a ministry.  There is just such a huge difference between $8000 to $10,000 and then $1,500.
They have all had decent reviews.  So I don't know if there is anything to worry about. 
I definitely like that Dr. Wilson only does one a day. Dr. Marks in Arizona also does this (but he charges a lot more).
Thanks for your feedback.
Stacy

Nickole

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2007, 02:22:34 PM »
The guy I mentioned earlier in the thread in Arkansas was $1500 as well - his prices have gone up to $1700, not sure if they've gone up from there.  He does a few every week and they have lots of pics of reversal babies in the office!  The procedure he did  worked for us!  ;D  These men do it as a ministry to Christians, so that's why it is cheaper.  They make enough money doing other doctor things I am sure, in order to make a decent living.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »
Yeah, I second Nickole's doc.  It worked for her and I have heard a lot of success stories through Dr. Stanton.

Offline Beth in Idaho

• Adept
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »
I am not sure how old everyones vas was that had babies using Dr Stanton but usually....they are not very old...the older the vas the more scar tissue....Dr Stanton was a wonderful man that is for sure...we loved our experience...although my husband was SO ill after the reversal...we flew many hrs home the next day and I really did not know if my husband would make it at times! The second time using microscopic...it was a piece of cake...and he recovered alot faster....My husband vas was over 10 yrs old...though so I would encourage anyone that had a very old vas to do the microscopic...of course there is no telling who will get pg...and who wont...after spending yrs on reversal boards...I have seen many babies born from those that do not use the microscopic method....and seen many who wished they would have saved a bit more and used microscopic....I do think the less time between the vas and the reversal.....increases the outcome of a baby....Such a tough decision I think to decide on which dr to use....I know others who used Dr Silber ...he is very expensive but considered one of the best....and they didnt get pg...so...there is no guarantees...Best of luck to all making this decision....even today we are glad we had the reversals..for us we really felt it was to be in obedience to the Lord ....and we felt good about doing it for that reason....Beth in Idaho

The guy I mentioned earlier in the thread in Arkansas was $1500 as well - his prices have gone up to $1700, not sure if they've gone up from there.  He does a few every week and they have lots of pics of reversal babies in the office!  The procedure he did  worked for us!  ;D  These men do it as a ministry to Christians, so that's why it is cheaper.  They make enough money doing other doctor things I am sure, in order to make a decent living.

Offline FaithAcre

• Learning
    • Faith Acre Farmgoods
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
We've been planning on a vas reversal for about 6 months now.  The DR we are planning on going through is Dr. Wilson.  We found out about him a few months ago and I dont remember that he had just started. I think he's been at it for at least a year now  ??? but his website isn't working, so I can't be sure. 

But anyway, we belong to Blessed Arrows too and have heard great testimonies about him.  Even though we live in WA state, we can still travel to OK and have the reversal for less $$ than to have it done here locally!! 
~Tara~
Happy Helpmeet to Kev
Merry Mama to the little ladies

Faith Acre Farmgoods
See my website for the most moisturizing soap you can find: Goat Milk Soap!

Offline nogr8rjoyhj

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 02:35:22 AM »
My husband received a vasectomy last year and we are questioning having it reversed.  Any input would greatly be appreciated.  We don't even know where to begin or who to contact.

Offline countrygoose

• Learning
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 10:55:33 AM »
We used Dr. Leverett too.  My husband's surgery was a little over a year ago.  His counts last spring were very high...in the millions, but they were at 3% motility (most were dead).  We have been very "active" at the right timing ever since the surgery... and nothing.  I've come to the state of just accepting that it likely won't happen.  Perhaps this is God's will for us.  By the way, my husband's vasectamy was only three years old when he got the reversal. 

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »
My oldest brother got a vasectomy ten years ago and then had a reversal last January.  Within about two months they were expecting!  We were all shocked, to say the least.  The baby is a beautiful little boy whom his daddy is mighty proud of!  I don't know who the doctor was.  I think it was somebody locally - they live in Indiana.  I could find out if anybody needs info for the central part of Indiana.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »
We used Dr. Leverett too.

This is why I shared my testimony about Dr. Leverett; hoping that nobody would choose to use him.  I think he is terrible and he was very uncompassionate towards the failed reversal.  He is very old and I feel he needs to retire.  Just my personal opinion.   :-\

Offline TrinaMama

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2007, 01:20:50 PM »
We used Dr. Leverett too.

This is why I shared my testimony about Dr. Leverett...

he was very uncompassionate towards the failed reversal. 

We went to Dr. Leverett December 28th of this past year and the day of the surgery loved him.  Two weeks later, we were begining to wonder about him.  Now, two and a half months later we would NOT recomend that anybody see him ( :'( very sad since he was recomended to us and I would hate to tell his fans how disapointed we are).  My husband is STILL in constant pain to the point he is unable to sleep at night.  Dr L, has been contacted and just doesn't care.  He has also refused to send a signed documentation of the surgery for hubbys medical records. 

That said...I am looking for natural pain management for the above issue.  Hubby has seen 3 drs since the surgery and all say there is nothing wrong (although he now has knot like lumps in his testicles, shooting pain in his legs, pain at the surgical site, as well as a deeper pain that he believes to be his prostate).  He will not say much about it, but I believe the intensity is getting worse and he will not take pain meds (he is Army and has already had a drug test mistakenly turn up "hot").   This afternoon he collapsed from pain twice in about 20 minutes. HE WAS CRYING!  If anybody has some advice, please help me! 

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 03:12:54 AM »
Your husband's condition sounds pretty serious to me.  I can't believe that no doctor has considered an infection at the site of surgery?  The shooting pain down the legs would warn me that that is what is happening.  Sounds like he had an epididymal blowout.

This is what I would suggest:

Cherry juice, fresh pineapple, and turmeric for pain and inflammation.
Aloe vera juice(with pulp is better) for inflammation and scar tissue build up.
You could apply a poultice to his "area" with either one or many of these:  aloe vera, comfrey, castor oil, calendula, turmeric. 

Have him take some extra vit C about 1,000 mg. every two hours for a few days(may experience some loose bowels with this) and have him drink some echinacea tea to boost his immune system. 

Also, instead of aspirin or Tylenol he could take some white willow capsules which is what my husband took after the surgery. 

Hope he can find some relief soon, and if not, I would seek another doctor's opinion. 
PS Look on his leg for a streak.  That is usually the sign of a dangerous infection.

Offline Blessedmomof4

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »

My husband had his revearsal done by Dr. Wilson last Oct. There were some minor compications, not the dr. fault though. My brother-in-law also used Dr. Wilson, last Dec.  their baby is due this month!