Author Topic: Tonsiloliths [Tonsil Stones]: Something Stuck in My Throat!  (Read 171901 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Tonsiloliths [Tonsil Stones]: Something Stuck in My Throat!
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »
I have stated earlier in this thread that my husband suffers from these.  He also has a deviated septum.  Does anyone else who suffers from tonsiloliths have this?  Just wondering if there is a correlation?  Because the deviation causes him to breath with his mouth open all the time.  :-\

Offline cherokee2121

• Learning
  • ~Be the change you wish to see in the world~Ghandi
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2008, 10:47:45 AM »
Okay this is kinda gross...

On occasion I will feel like there is something stuck in my throat when I wake. Something hard. When this first happened, I would find nothing. Upon further inspection I pressed on my tonsil and from a hole on top it releases something. What? I'm not sure. It's hard and in lumps and best could be discribed as "plauque-like". It's usually white/yellow/brown and smells. It will always be when I feel like I'm getting sick. I will do this "empty-ing out" and feel fine. I never get sick. Is it food that's getting stuck in there? Is my immune system great and staving off sickness? Is my throat haywire? Any ideas?
:-\

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
Hey, my husband got that sometimes. This was a long time ago back when we went to the doctor, & he agreed with us that it was food that gets stuck back there. It was always white, though. He would poke at the tonsils with a tongue depressor to squirt it out. Now, whether it was actually food or not, I don't know. The tonsils do play a role in the immune system, what I forgot. It hasn't happened to him recently & we are in general more healthy now than we were then.
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
Oh, hey waddaya know now I know what it was! Thanks Boysmama!
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2008, 06:03:44 PM »
This topic seems to coincide with another line of study that I've been doing lately.  Dental health and plaque are also caused by bacteria living anarobically in the gums.  I've been trying a routine using some mouth rinses and Xylitol mints after meals/snacks.  A dentist developed this routine, and it has been shown to erradicate the mouth of bad bacteria within 5 weeks.  The plus would be improved dental health...and maybe no more tonsil stones!

The links and stuff are in this thread:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,19411.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,19387.msg194280.html#msg194280

P.S. I think these happen a lot more than most people know, and they just get swallowed...ick!
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 03:02:22 AM »
side note: why does it warn you when a topic hasn't been posted in for 120 days and to maybe start a new one?  Just curious. Now on to my "stone" comment/question.  :)

I have them.........I first saw when I was like 19 I think.  I am now 34 and I do get them but I only know about it when they come up.  I know it's nasty.  Totally grosses out my husband.  My thing is I can't see them any more.  I used to be able to see them......and dig them out, I know again disgusting.  Well, I have been on the MC for 7 days now and I felt like I could feel something in my throat but I didn't look b/c I haven't been able to see them for so long.  WELL, I just looked and I can see them on both sides.  Looks like a few on one side and a larger one on the other.  Is the MC flushing them out ya think?  I know no on can probly answer this but why can I see them now and I couldn't b/f?  It's not like I have lost that much weight.  Anyone have any thoughts?  Okay I can't help myself so I am going to go try and get them out.   :P

Okay, I have had to go back and then back to try and get it to post again.

Now I am 37. I m still getting these but now I know they are there.  I can feel them.  I dont' get them often but I HAVE to dig them out.  Has anyone firgured out how to prevent them?

Offline Benny in HSV

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 07:09:54 PM »
I recently had my teeth cleaned, it had been longer than it should have been. The dentist indicated I had some gum disease and prescribed an oral rinse.  Subsequent to that appointment, about a week or so into my oral rinse regimen, I developed a sore throat that did not seem to go away. Finally, one day I took a flashlight and looked in my throat and low and behold there is this white thing in my throat next to my left tonsil. I had never seen this before.  Could it be that the cleaning and subsequent rinsing had released bacteria that was living in my gums and they settled in my tonsils? I went to the doctor and saw a nurse practitioner.  She did not know what the thing was, poked it out and did a throat culture.  The results came back as an upper respiratory bacteria present of a non-specific pathogen and prescribed a 10-day antibiotic regimen.  I've been on the meds 4 days, no real improvement and another white thing has appeared.  I can't seem to get back there to get it out myself, have a real bad gag reflex.  Thoughts/suggestions?

Offline chopkins

• Wide Eyed
frequent tonsil stones
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 03:07:31 AM »
I get tonsil stones about every 2 weeks.  Is that normal?  When they come out they are always 1/4 inch.  Sometimes there are more than one stuck in the hole in my tonsil.  Is that normal? 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: frequent tonsil stones
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 06:43:45 AM »
I get tonsil stones about every 2 weeks.  Is that normal?  When they come out they are always 1/4 inch.  Sometimes there are more than one stuck in the hole in my tonsil.  Is that normal? 
Define normal?  Tonsil stones are not part of a "normal" healthy immune system.
  My favorite herb book!!