Author Topic: Oil in Urine  (Read 21474 times)

Offline mamaketler

• Adept
  • Jumping on the bed is fun!
Oil in Urine
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:17:21 AM »
I know this may sound crazy but my oldest dd (5yr) has a bad habit of not flushing. So each time I go in.. there looks to be oil floating in the potty. Like you would see in a pot of soup cooling. Not a ton but enough to notice. Could it be old urine or just my mother meter freaking out.
 I encourage her to drink lots of water. We are not big soda fans and don't do a lot of sugar or OIL.  As a matter of fact we switched to olive and coconut oil.
 Just thought I would ask???
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:21:11 AM by healthybratt »
Did you know that I am SUPER MOM?

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Re: Oil in Urine
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »
Wow, this is curious.  We only flush every other time (unless we are having a BM or leaving home for a while) and I've never seen anything like this.  Sometimes it's bright yellow (from supermom, not deep brown yellow from dehydration) and sometimes light yellow/clear, but always watery. 

We do not eat a lot of oils of any kind though.   Coconut oil and olive oil are pretty dense; maybe it is one of them.  How much water is your daughter drinking?  Or is she eating a lot of peanut butter or cheese or something else that is oily?  Do you drink raw milk?
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:55:39 AM »
I just noticed this too, but in the adults in our family as well.  We only use olive oil.  We have eaten a lot of cheese lately.   ???

Offline mamaketler

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:52:13 AM »
we do do natural peanut butter.  And I try to make her dink weather. She is pretty good at this. (especially when it is time to to chores.  ::)
  ummm....She was having this problem before the coconut oil. Maybe the peanut butter and olive oil. I have had that around for a while. Hummm.... I guess I will just keep a eye on it. She does not seem to be affected by it.  My be it is just the way her body works.?????

Offline mamaketler

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:01:22 AM »
Oh ya I forgot to mention that we do drink raw milk. And she does love cheese, cottage cheese and yougart too. HUMM??

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 06:29:52 AM »
And I try to make her dink weather.
After reading this a few times, I've come to the conclusion that you meant "drink water" or am I missing something ???
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:53 AM »
You know, I had a colonic done a year or so back, and I had a lot of the discharge stuff(yes, you actually get to watch it come out your bum via a tube) that looked like this "oil".  The colonic administrator said that it was a bunch of mucous, so he linked that to my high milk/cheese intake.  So, it could be the extra dairy she is getting.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51:55 AM »
I think it's Dom from Dom's Kefir Site that talks about something like this happening with his baby (only much worse) and he discovered it was a lack of proper enzymes to break down fat. http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/angelica.html

It doesn't sound like your child has this, but maybe adding more enzyme-rich foods would help anyway.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline ALittleMore

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 09:21:49 AM »
This answer will sound dumb, but it's merely a thought.

Have you changed your toilet cleaner? Do you use any essential oils to clean your toilet or freshen the tank. I do this, and use a natural cleaner w/ essential oils, and sometimes there will be oil droplets inside the bowl. Soooooo I just thought i'd throw that out there. Maybe it isn't inside anyone's urine?