Author Topic: The Master Cleanse  (Read 276598 times)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
The Master Cleanse
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »
Hello... I'm testing out the site for BeeyoutifulMan... ;D :D ;)

I am also on the fourth day of the Master Cleanse program, also known as; The Lemonaide Fast.

It's going great so far, and eventually I want to post my daily experience, recipes, and thoughts about the whole shebang.
A series of gallbladder attacks provoked me to research and start this cleanse. I've included other cleanses to the regimen; the Royal Flush (liver cleanse), Yeast/Parasite Cleanse, Colon Cleanse, Gallbladder Cleanse, and an occasional facial... but that doesn't exactly fit, does it? I wanted to get it all done at once. It hasn't been too bad, and I'm looking forward to the results... more later...

Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline grambee

• Wide Eyed
Re: The Master Cleanse
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:42:43 AM »
Greetings, BeeyoutifulGirl!  "Facial" intrigued me, actually.  Let us know if your skin changes with the cleansing: oily to dry or vice versa.  A cosmetician told me that oily skin is really a reaction to super dryness--how, I don't know.  But skin tells a lot about health.  Watch your nails,too, and let us know.  Thanks, Grambee
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:04 AM »
 :D Hello Grambee!
The facial is actually a bentonite clay with neem oil in it. My face is beginning to clear up now.

This is the 5 day of being on the Master Cleanse. Some other gals are going to join us here soon, so I want to post some links to the Master Cleanse information. The particular regimen that I am following is at this link:
http://curezone.com/cleanse/bowel/master_cleanse.asp

The Master Cleanse, also known as The Lemonaide Cleanse, comes from this source:
 http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

I'm also doing a few flushes in conjunction with the cleanse:
http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp
http://www.curezone.com/cleanse/enema/

Don't let the photos gross you out. Curezone is a great site, with thousands of pages of information, but it is very hard to navigate and find what you are looking for, and there are some real strange folks that hang out on the forums.

This cleanse is interesting so far, in that I have 100% of my stamina. I have some detox syptoms like, yucky mouth, being cold, or, after a flush, having a slight temperature. I had a headache the second day, and bad skin the 2nd and 3rd day. Sore throat in the mornings. It's good to know all this stuff is leaving me though, and soon I will be healthy!

Good luck all ye Cleansers.... :D

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
Hi PhatKat!
I know who you are... ;D

Hurrah! My cleanse is over! It went fabulous and I had way more results than I expected. I'm working on writing up the entire experience, which will be an obnoxiously long post!

I finished the 10 days up with the Liver Flush recommended by Dr. Clark, and got rid of 1 1/2 cups of stones from my liver and gallbladder! I could feel them leaving my liver - it was so strange! They looked (and felt :o) like hard little grapenuts, and I was totally amazed at the amount.

I read that the liver produces more than a quart of bile every day, and is full of binary ducts/tubes that can become clogged with stones. The first stones I eliminated were black bilirubin stones. From what I've read on bilirubin, these were probably formed when I had repeated bouts of Malaria, 10 years ago. These stones may have been the cause of the "clog", I really don't know.

I feel so good now! I feel "empty". I lost 15 pounds in all, but gained 5 back, once my system was full of food and liquids again.

I want to do this cleanse again in six months or so, to make sure I'm totally cleaned out.

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
I'm not doing the master cleanse, but I am on day 4 of a juice fast.  I did a kidney flush yesterday and tonight is my liver flush.  I look forward to seeing if I get any stones. 
Beeyoutifulgirl: How long did it take once you drank the stuff to when you passed the stones?  I did a similar fast 2 years ago but never passed any stones so it left me wondering if I did it correctly.  ???
I've heard a lot about the Master cleanse and was wondering how it was different from a juice or water fast.
Congrats on finishing your cleanse and I look forward to finishing mine!  I can't wait to have a nice, crunchy salad!  Of course a handful of pretzels and peanut butter sound pretty heavenly as well  :D

Offline texnmom2

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:01:34 PM »
Beeyoutiful : Just wondering which liver flush did you do and how soon did you do the flush after the Master Cleanse?
 :)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 07:45:21 PM »
I posted some links in a previous post on this same thread - above - that lead to curezone.com and some detailed instructions on cleanses.

Briefly, the cleanse I did was:
10 days of lemonade made with fresh squeezed lemons and grade B maple syrup (high in minerals) and water. This is taken with cayenne pepper, to stimulate circulation.

Every other day I did a different flush:
Liver Flush  = coffee enema  (did this twice during the fast)
Yeast/Parasite Flush = Yeast Assassin enema followed by probiotic enema
Vinegar Flush/enema followed by Probiotic enema (colon cleanse)
Salt Flush = sea salt enema (colon cleanse)

I also took Spirulina tabs, which helped to keep me feeling strong and also helped to cleanse and detox me. I felt that my detox symptoms were minimized by the Spirulina.

The 10th day I began the Liver/Gallbladder Flush which consisted of:
Drink 3/4 cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt at
5PM and again at 7PM

At 9PM I drank 3/4 cup of grapefruit juice mixed with 1/2 cup of olive oil and went straight to bed.

Began to pass stones around 5AM

At 6AM I drank 3/4 cup of grapefruit juice with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt, and then again at
8AM.

I continued to pass stones all day long.

The Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulfate) paralyzes, or relaxes, the valves in the binary tubes of your liver, causing them to lay open and pass stones freely. I could feel the stones being gushed out of my liver within 20 minutes of drinking the oil and grapefruit juice.

My husband did the exact same cleanse after 7 days of lemonade fasting, and didn't pass a single stone! I believe he just didn't have any stones.

My tastes and cravings have totally changed, and I find that I'm totally disinterested in fatty foods now.

I'd never heard of the Master Cleanse until I had these gallbladder attacks and had to start researching for remedies. It certainly worked for me!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 07:23:01 AM »
Has anyone read about cleansing while nursing? I am a Nutrutionist, so I know I can eat foods with cleansing qualities, but what about fasts and herbs? I don't want to be dumping toxins into my baby's milk.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:26:55 AM »
I've looked into this a bit, after reading everyone's postings on this "Master Cleanse".  It seems "too good to be true".  It also sounds really gross, but the point...everything I know about salt, and salt water tells me, that drinking a quart of seasalt water every day, would not be healthy.  It would cause dehydration, for one, and could affect your blood pressure, as well as water retention.  I've had a case of water retention so bad, that I couldn't walk, because the skin on my feet was stretched so tight it hurt.  This particular incindent occured as a result of use of pain killers immediately following my 3rd C-section.  I can't imagine ever doing anything to my body to intentionally cause this problem to occur again.  Does anyone have any sources to disprove these "theories" of mine? 

I'm still not sure, I could do this diet/cleanse, even if it is healthy.  I hate lemonade (and with cayenne pepper in it - GROSS GROSS - and maple syrup - ohhhh, you're killing me - GROSS.  Maybe someone might even offer an alternative "cocktail" to replace the lemonade?  ::) 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:23:47 PM »
Ever been to a fancy restaurant and been served a lemon slice on your glass of water? A squeeze of lemon in your water (with or Without sweetner- I prefer without) is a great very gentle cleanse which is good anytime, but especially in the morning. It is an astringent for the digestive tract (and helps clean out white flour those times we splurge on it), and helps the liver to cleanse. Lemons are a food, so they are safe when pregnant, nursing, or anytime. A lot of salads help cleanse too. You can look online for the liver cleanse diet, and while I'm not sure about cleansing herbs during pregnancy, foods are okay. One thing about the liver cleanse diet- I am always WAY too hungry and hypoglycemic during preg. and nursing to go without meat. But it's good to cut dairy out for awhile, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies go a long way too... You can try a green drink too... I need to plan a food cleanse diet for myself, but haven't gotten around to it yet  :)

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 04:50:06 PM »
Dara - I've been told by my midwives as well as my friend who runs the local Wellness Center that I've done my juice fasts through that you are not to fast while pregnant or nursing.  The amount of detox that your body goes through is pretty steep but I'm sure just altering your diet to include whole foods that have cleansing properties would be fine.  As long as your body doesn't stop digesting and therefore putting all that energy into dumping the toxins, I think it would be fine. 
As far as using herbs go, I'm clueless  :-\  It's something I would definitely like to know more about.  I know there are certain herbs to avoid during pregnancy, but I don't know if you need to avoid some while nursing.  I know some herbs certainly help with milk richness and quantity (so it definitely affects your milk), but not sure about the safety of cleansing herbs   :-[

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »
Way to go, Melissa!
I didn't drink the salt water every day either, but did an enema flush every other day. Read my earlier post.
I didn't feel dehydrated because I drank 3 quarts of lemonade every day, along with water, a cup of V8 juice in which I mixed the cayenne, and a few mouthfuls of applejuice every now and then. I used less maple syrup as the fast went along, and read that if you are overweight or diabetic, less maple syrup is a good idea.

I ended the Master Cleanse with a Liver Flush (see earlier post) which resulted in some complications for me.

I had malaria repeatedly 10 years ago, and apparently my liver was packed full of stones. The Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet got everything knocked loose and ready to come out (which is good) but when I did the Liver Flush, I had TOO MANY stones, and too much sludge. I passed most of it, but apparently the ducts and tubes were still full of the remainder when I broke my fast at the end of the next day. The remaining stones/sludge got stuck in the biliary tubes of my liver.

My liver got inflamed and distended and the pain was horrendous. If I had just continued the Lemonade Diet for a few days AFTER doing the Liver Flush, I would have been okay, as the stuff may have been able to continuing trickling on down.

I don't think many people would experience this complication, however, I would advise doing a Liver Flush BEFORE the Master Cleanse. I've read elsewhere that fasting "causes" stones to form in your liver. What that actually means is that during fasting your body is sending toxins to your liver to be desposed of, and your liver will dispose of them in time - but trying to get rid of them all at once while doing a fast which has the liver VERY busy anyway... well, it may not be a good idea.

So my recommendation is: Do a Liver Flush. Two weeks later do 2nd Liver Flush. 1 week later begin Master Cleanse. End with 3rd Liver Flush. Two weeks later do 4th Liver Flush.

I believe the above regimen would be optimal for a total clean-out while protecting your organs from too much stress.

Offline homeschooltheheart

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 01:41:29 AM »
Thanks so much for the "heads up" on the Master Cleanse.  By the end of the first day I had a terrible headache.  I decided to stop and do as you suggested.  I don't want my liver to have a fit by the end of this fast.  I'll do the flushes first.

I appreciate you taking the time to post.  Thank you very much!

Melissa

Offline Bobbie

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:50 AM »
Just curious if you would (or did) do anything before the liver cleanse?  (like a kidney cleanse, or a parasite zap???) 

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 11:28:53 AM »
Just curious if you would (or did) do anything before the liver cleanse?  (like a kidney cleanse, or a parasite zap???) 

Hi Bobbie,

Sorry I totally missed this question... During the Master Cleanse I did several "Flushes". One of which included Yeast Assassin capsules opened and mixed into warm water, with Tummy Tune-Up Probiotics capsules - 5 of each. I used this enema water to do two enemas in a row. The Yeast Assassin has the same herbs that kill parasites. I also added some oil of oregano, grapefruit seed extract, and pure ground cloves.

I took Yeast Assassin orally for 3 weeks as well. I figured if I had any parasites it would be evident after the enema ( :-X :-\ :P) I did this twice during the Master Cleanse 10 day fast. No parasites.

My husband thinks Hulda Clark's zapper thingie is legit. He has researched all that stuff to the extreme. He thinks some of her ideas are a little overboard, and maybe the way she trusts the zapper is overboard, but we think that it does actually work - to a considerable degree. We've been talking about buying one, or making one to try it out.

The Master Cleanse is supposed to be good for your Kidneys too. I did several different flushes that also aid kidney, liver, colon restoration during the Master Cleanse.

I wrote the whole experience down, and now just have to get my hubby to post it on beeyoutiful.com for everybody. He's so crazy-busy right now, though!!! Maybe in a few days...

Offline Julie G

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »
My husband is getting ready to do the Master Cleanse.  We got the book from the library but it actually says to not do enemas, says they can even be harmful during the cleanse.  Is this outdated information?  Hubby is hesitant to do enemas now....how big of a deal is it if he doesn't? 

Also, since the author is provegetarian my husband is hesitant to cleanse at all, (thinks it will all be in vain since he's such a carnivore :))  Any advice?  I know it would be good for him. 

Thank you!
Ellie:  (when she was 3 years old)  "Mama, you sure got a big butt to sit with!"

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 04:40:51 PM »
I think even the vegetarian would agree that the Master Cleanse would benefit a meat eater. In fact, I'm sure he'd say meat eater's need to do the Master Cleanse more than vegetarians!

I personally would recommend doing the Liver Flush first, to help empty his system of toxins. The Master Cleanse sends a load of toxins to the liver to deal with, so if the liver has already been maintenanced, it will be in better shape to deal with the extra toxins.

If your hubby isn't up to doing the Liver Flush, I believe the Master Cleanse would still be very beneficial.

As far as enemas go, (hehe) it is a very well known and accepted medical proceedure. I hated the idea and was scared of trying it, until I did an enema the first time. Piece of cake. No problem. Get in a hot tub of water with some relaxing essential oil, and your favorite book. Do the enema in the tub and you'll be amazed how easy and stress free the procedure is. 
I'll put a link on enemas at the bottom of this post, with all the warnings, directions, etc... follow the links in the article to read more about specific types of enemas.

I had a lot of success with the coffee enema, and passed two gallstones the size of golf balls while doing the liver flush!
I also lost over 20 pounds this last month, while doing 5 seperate liver flushes, and one Master Cleanse. I suffered no ill effects, but I was pretty healthy to begin with. I'll post my whole experience...

HERE

http://curezone.com/cleanse/enema/

Rebekah

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:19:03 AM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 05:50:22 PM »
and passed two gallstones the size of golf balls

okay...mmmm....this sounds a bit like having babies when you consider the object to exit size ratio.   :o
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 07:26:29 PM »
Can you cheat on this diet?

What I mean is, has anyone done the cleanse

1)  alone without any other cleansing or treatments?

2)  using lemon juice from a bottle instead of fresh squeezed?

3)  using peeled lemon chopped pulp and all in the food processor?

4)  using red chili pepper instead of cayenne?

5)  using no pepper at all?

6)  not using the bentonite (colon plaque remover)?

7)  using tap water instead of purified water (Note:  I worked for a water treatment company for 1 year and hubby worked there for 2.  There are no FDA regulations for purifying water.  The average bottled water is run through a simple charcoal filter which eliminates only the largest of impurity particles from the water.  The best of charcoal filtered waters are only about 50-75% pure.  And the cheap knockoffs aren't even that good.  We tested many of these waters - which brands I don't remember - and some of them tested higher in impurities than regular tap water and this was in Iowa - a state labeled by the government as having one of the worst natural water supplies in the U.S.).

I'd really like to know who cheated and how - and how effective these cheats were.  I'm working on a budget here and want to cut corners where I can and still fast effectively.
  My favorite herb book!!

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 01:40:05 AM »
hmmm, all great questions!!!  :)

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 02:08:45 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I hope someone knows the answer.  I would really like to try the Master Cleanse soon, because although it sounds difficult, I'm sure I would feel so much better after.  -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »
Let's see... cheating...

I added other cleanses/flushes because I figured if I was going to be roughing it for 10 days, I might as well make it count as much as possible.

I think fresh squeezed lemon juice is important because so many wonderful properties are still available in fresh squeezed fruit - but are lost once the juice is processed for long term shelf life.

If you want the whole lemon minced up, I can't imagine why it would hurt you - but it might taste strong. I didn't buy organic lemons.

I don't know about the cayenne versus chili pepper - it would probably depend on how hot and spicy your chili pepper is.

I believe the cayenne is important to the cleanse because it stimulates circulation and helps strip the body of toxins. However, I put mine in a capsule and took it with the lemonade instead of in it. This made the lemonade MUCH more pleasant.

I haven't heard of the bentonite??? That must be a new addition to the cleanse.

I think purified water is important. Infact, I believe two of the most dangerous sources of toxins that we intake commonly are tap water and homogenized milk.

I think it's pretty well known that the WORST additive we get in our water is flouride. This poison is added to tap water and even to toothpaste!?!?! Chlorinated water also has significant ill effects, HOWEVER the chlorine also kills bacterias that could spread disease.

Effective water treatment systems range from ceramic water treatment systems, like the British Berkefeld, Katadyn, and Doulton type filters, to multi-stage reverse osmosis. One of our favorite companies for water info and treatments is WaterFiltersOnline.com. Alot of their systems have two carbon filters, a seditment filter, and a charcoal filter. The water that comes out of these filters is just delicious! You drink way more water because it just tastes so good - and is so good for you.

I digress... maybe I should have started a water thread...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 06:35:24 PM »
Let's see... cheating...

I forgot one:  Can I use stevia instead of maple syrup?  I don't really like maple syrup (hubby smells like raw maple all the time from work - eeeeew!).  I'm not a big fan of honey either. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 06:38:07 PM »
I put mine in a capsule and took it with the lemonade instead of in it. This made the lemonade MUCH more pleasant.

...very interesting idea.  Did you take a full capsule with every glass of lemonade or did you just take a set number of capsules per day?  About how many capsules would I need for 10 days?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 06:41:28 PM »
I have no idea how the capsules worked out - I just made them as I used them. About 3 or 4 caps a day???

As far as the Stevia goes, I believe that would work fine. If you have any yeast or candida symptoms, I think it would be BETTER to do stevia.

B Grade maple syrup is pulled during the second half of the season and is very high in minerals. It is not recommended for those with blood sugar imbalances, or candida.

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 06:49:36 PM »
I followed a more "purist" form of the cleanse as set out by the guy who first "invented" it Stanley Burroughs.  I'm going to post some excerpts from his books that addresses these questions.  From his point of view of course.  ;)

About the lemons.  From what I've read it's important to use fresh lemons because of the high enzyme count that dies off within a few hours of being squeezed.   Someone asked on another forum if the enzymes still died off at the same rate if the fresh squeezed juice was frozen right after squeezing.  I never heard a good answer for that one.

I had read warnings about drinking broth or eating anything except what was strictly set out by Burroughs.  But Gabe and Beka varied in several ways and did fine.  

Here is what he says about the Lemons, Cheyenne and Mint Tea:

Blend part of the lemon skin and pulp with the lemonade in a blender for further cleansing and laxative effect.  (Note: commercially procured lemons may have had their skins dyed with yellow coloring and may have been subjected to poisonous insect sprays-be sure to peel off the outer skin if you cannot get uncolored, organically grown lemons.)  The properties in the lemon skin also act as a homeostatic to prevent excess bleeding and prevent clotting should there be any such prevailing condition.

Adding the cayenne pepper is necessary as it breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood.  It also adds many of the good B and C vitamins.

Mint tea may be used occasionally during this diet as a pleasant change and to assist further in the cleansing.  Its chlorophyll helps as a purifier, neutralizing many mouth and body odors that are released during the cleansing period.

Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 01:59:13 AM »
We have well water.  How does that compare to purified???

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 02:43:06 AM »
How many types of water purification remove floride? I thought it was only reverse osmosis, but I would love to know other methods could to. We have a charcoal filter that removes chlorine, but I'm pretty sure ours doen't remove floride. We're still saving for a R.O. system. Our city prides itself on being the first in the country to put floride in the city water  :-[.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 05:01:45 AM »
How many types of water purification remove floride?

I don't know about other systems but EcoWater claims to remove 99% of all micro particles (including chlorine) from your water.  If I remember right, chlorine is one of the smallest and hardest to filter out.  It is possible that flouride is easily removed, but most don't advertise this because most people believe that flouride is good for you.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline gusoceros

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »
I found the Master Cleanse book free online in *.pdf format (attached below).

I thought I would mention it, in case anyone wanted to check it out.

G
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:25:06 PM by healthybratt »