Author Topic: The Master Cleanse  (Read 277547 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: The Master Cleanse
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »
another media viewpoint ~
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/02/master.cleanse.ap/index.html

Dr. Ed Zimney, the medical director of HealthTalk, a Seattle, Washington-based Web site where a lively debate about the cleanse has flourished, said: "Your gastrointestinal tract does not need to be cleaned out because it is constantly in motion. This whole idea of cleaning out toxins from the colon is a complete myth and unnecessary."

So is the water in my toilet, but it gets clogged occasionally. ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:22:18 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2007, 07:41:21 AM »
We all love to eat lemons (husband, kids and me).  I think it has to do with the craving bitter and tart, but I know it's bad for your teeth so I don't let them do it very often.  Ohhhh... I love that feeling in my jaw when I eat something tart!
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

YoopreMama

« Reply #752 on: May 07, 2007, 08:15:07 AM »
Here's a thought. If lemons (or citrus) stimulate the body to release toxins and help the liver perhaps what some people would think is an allergic reaction, like an increase in rashes, is really an increase of the rate the body is releasing toxins... ??? Any thoughts anyone??

I thought the same thing for awhile.  I don't think so anymore.   :-\

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #753 on: May 07, 2007, 09:08:55 AM »
Hello;
 I just did the liver flush last night-UUUGGHHHHHH!!!!!-and am planning on starting the Master Cleanse tommorrow morning. Anyone else just starting? I don't have any health issues other than I need to lose 20 lbs.
Thanks -B
Hello, I also want to do the Master Cleanse but I always thought that I should do the liver flush after the cleanse.  Am I wrong? ???  Shoul I do the liver flush before the cleanse.  I am also taking clarkia for the parasite cleanse right now (so far-nothing) and after finishing that, I was thinking master cleanse the next day after stopping clarkia.  Am I on the right track?   What about kidney cleanse?  When do I do that? Is that the same thing as master cleanse?   So sorry for so many questions.  ::)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #754 on: May 07, 2007, 03:16:58 PM »
Hello, I also want to do the Master Cleanse but I always thought that I should do the liver flush after the cleanse.  Am I wrong? ???  Shoul I do the liver flush before the cleanse.

It is recommended that you either do a liver flush or some liver "prepping"(milk thistle/dandelion teas and some coffee enemas) BEFORE and AFTER the MC.  HTH!

Offline pecharka5

• Adept
« Reply #755 on: May 08, 2007, 01:48:12 PM »
I started yesterday.  So far so good.  I am not totally sure if I am doing it reight, but I feel good, alittle tired though.  I did the coffee enema and scared my self.  I do not thik it all came out?? :o  Anyone eles have that trouble?  New to ememas, so I worry I will do more harm than good. Did a stevia tea, before bed, and boyu did I have a stamace ache in the middle of the night!  But I keep thinking cleansing is going on.

Today i tried the sea salt and water drink thinkg.  I eleminated within 10 min.  So I like that better than emema.  I just read that it was important to eliminate daily... I am not sure about the salt water thing yet, but I tried it. 

Can you put too much lemon in your water?  I have used a lemon or 2 per quart?  Is that bad?   And cayane peper, how much is too much?  I put it in a capsuel too, so I do not want to over do that... Hope to keep up with you who are doing it too.  It is noce to have others to talk too.  But I am going for a min of 10 days, then see where I go from there..

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »
I did the coffee enema and scared my self.

You are not suppose to do an enema while on the MC. You can do them a few days before the MC or even after, but not during.  HTH!

kaira

« Reply #757 on: May 10, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »
Okay -

I think I am going to try this but reading the whole thread again overwhelmes me.  I have several questions.

First, does the drink taste gross?

Second, can I keep drinking my water w/ salt?

Third, how much lemon/syrup drink do I need to drink?

Four, what are the likely side effects going to be - I am probably a toxic waste dump.  I have been only drinking water for several months now - with the occasional breakdown Coke? 

Fifth, if I do eat something - I have never really went without food for days - will it do harm?

Anything else I should know? 

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #758 on: May 18, 2007, 03:03:14 PM »
Here are some questions  that I have...

Is it safe to be on the master cleanse while having your period at the same time? 
How soon can I try to conceive after comming off the master cleanse? Can I do it a few days later? 

I haven't got my period yet and I probably will tomorrow or in a couple of days.  I am starting the master cleanse tomorrow  and I usually ovulate on day 14 after my period starts.  We've been trying to have a baby for months,  :-\  and I don't want to wait another month to try again, but I really want to do the cleanse before getting pregnant.  Is it safe to get pregnant right after the cleanse?  I was also thinking to do a liver cleanse right after the master cleanse, (that is if I won't ovulate yet).  Any ideas anybody? ::)  Thank you for your replies. :D

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #759 on: May 19, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
Well, I started the master cleanse this morning and I already have a headache.  I usully get headaches if I miss a meal.  I don't know how long I can stand it, I just hope it won't change to a migrane.  Usually that happens if I don't treat the headache.  I already want to eat something . (the worst thing is that we were invited to a birthday party at the park and I just keep thinking of those yummy tasty burgers :'(),  and the lemonade drink makes me nausiated.  I think it's the cayenne pepper that I put in the drink.  Is it a MUST in the drink?  What about the salt water.  It says in the directions to drink a full quart of the salty water in the morning.  That's 32 oz, right?  Do I need to drink it all at one time?  Like in 5 minutes?   Sorry for so many qustions.  It's my first time doing the cleanse and I just want to be sure that I'm doing it right, and most importantly-go thru with it.   Anybody else is starting the cleanse?  Maybe we can support each other. :)

YoopreMama

« Reply #760 on: May 19, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
Is it safe to be on the master cleanse while having your period at the same time? 
I started mine w/ my period and it went very well, I thought.  Lighter and some people have echoed that it was a good time to do it.

I would refer back to pages on why cayenne in capsules is not recommended. 

The cayenne is for heat and has a bunch of great medicinal properties (uncapsulated).  Salt water is supposed to be chugged w/i 10-20 minutes, I think.  Some substitute the laxative tea fo it, but I think the SWF works better.  I found it was "better" warm.   :-\

Just some things that I experienced...I would not MC again, though, even though I had many good benefits from doing it 18 days.   :P

Offline Jessarie

• Adept
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »

As far as enemas go, (hehe) it is a very well known and accepted medical proceedure. I hated the idea and was scared of trying it, until I did an enema the first time. Piece of cake. No problem. Get in a hot tub of water with some relaxing essential oil, and your favorite book. Do the enema in the tub and you'll be amazed how easy and stress free the procedure is. 
I'll put a link on enemas at the bottom of this post, with all the warnings, directions, etc... follow the links in the article to read more about specific types of enemas.

I just started reading this - forgive me if this was already answered.  Wouldn't the tub water get pretty gross doing an enema in it? 

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2007, 10:24:37 AM »

As far as enemas go, (hehe) it is a very well known and accepted medical proceedure. I hated the idea and was scared of trying it, until I did an enema the first time. Piece of cake. No problem. Get in a hot tub of water with some relaxing essential oil, and your favorite book. Do the enema in the tub and you'll be amazed how easy and stress free the procedure is. 
I'll put a link on enemas at the bottom of this post, with all the warnings, directions, etc... follow the links in the article to read more about specific types of enemas.

I just started reading this - forgive me if this was already answered.  Wouldn't the tub water get pretty gross doing an enema in it? 

I think you would insert the enema in the tub and get up and expell it into the toilet. At least I would! :P
Brings back memories of taking a bath with my baby sister :o ;D

Maria
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »
I would recommend no water in the tub.  I thought the tub was just the 'catch can' for any accidents.  Then it's easier to clean and a far better place for 'refuse' than the floor!  Tee Hee!  Depending on how close you are to the toilet will determine the mess...I put some old towels down for 'comfort.'  Wish I knew how to add those smiley faces!

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #764 on: May 30, 2007, 07:15:06 AM »
Can a twelve year old girl do the Master Cleanse?  I have a friend at church that asked me, and I was not sure.  Anyone have any experience with this?
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #765 on: May 31, 2007, 02:21:46 AM »
I am getting ready to start the Master Cleanse on Monday.  Anyone want to join me?  I want to know if I could still drink my Kombucha?  Since it is also a detox, would it interfere?  I really hate to give up drinking that, I love it! 

Also, I did research and found out if you are still in the growing stages you should NOT do the Master Cleanse. 
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
« Reply #766 on: June 10, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »
Bump please

Offline Soñadora

• Adept
« Reply #767 on: June 19, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »
Well, my PLAN is to start this cleanse tomorrow.  I can't remember if you ladies quit taking your vitamins and such during it. 
I'm wondering about the vitamins and such, too... :-\
You have no idea who I think I am.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #768 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:59 AM »
Well, my PLAN is to start this cleanse tomorrow.  I can't remember if you ladies quit taking your vitamins and such during it. 
I'm wondering about the vitamins and such, too... :-\
Generally, when you cleanse you need to avoid vitamins as they are attempting to build or feed the body not break things down and detoxify it.  The only supplements that I take when cleansing are green foods and maybe some fiber.  I do not use my vitamins at this time.  I also use cleansing herbs in either tea or capsule form.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #769 on: June 20, 2007, 03:07:32 AM »
Sorry if I am being redundant but I read thru the book again last night.  Do I still drink my 3 qts of water in addition to the lemonade? And do I still add my 1/4 tsp of salt to it or do I quit the water cure while I am doing the cleanse?  Thanks.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #770 on: June 21, 2007, 04:39:16 PM »
Thanks Yoopermama :)  Yes, actually I have the smooth move too and it does say it is supposed to reduce cramping.  I cramped kinda bad this morning aroudn 5 but it went away after......you know.   ::)  Then this evening it just started to cramp again but different.  Not as intense and more like gas.  Thanks again.  I had a really good day.  Yesterday I got just a slight head around 8:30 pm but it didn't last long and then baby did sleep well so I got up to get her a drink and I saw a roach but just maimed him and he went under the stove so when I bent over I got another head ache.  but just slight and didn't last long.  I was tired yesterday but couldn't really sleep.  Today I have been busy all day and even did BWO+.  I was going to try and do lunges again but things got busy....baby started needing me. So I didn't but I feel good.  I really don't even feel ready for bed although I did earlier.   :) Thanks again!!
And thank you too Mrs. B.   :)

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #771 on: June 25, 2007, 01:58:29 AM »
   I only lost about 9 lbs. on the cleanse and gained several back immediately when i ate. It's not supposed to be a weight loss plan but i know how it feels to want to lose more. My mil did it for 16 days and lost about 16 lbs. It reallly seemed to drop when she went past the 10 day mark. Go figure.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #772 on: June 26, 2007, 09:37:14 AM »
I'm getting ready to do the MC :-\.  I'm going to fast tomorrow and do a liver flush tomorrow night.  I'll give myself a few days to recover, and then I plan to start the MC.  I need to cleanse for yeast too, but I thought that I should probably do the MC first because of all of the sugar in the maple syrup.  Here's my question:  I can't afford grade B maple syrup right now, and I don't want to use it anyway, because then I could cleanse for yeast at the same time.  Would that work ????  And I have bee pollen; could I take that for nutrients instead of the maple syrup, or would that mess up the cleanse ????  I'm going to be taking Three-Lac at the end of the MC just to make sure I take care of the candida/leaky gut syndrome.  Any advice on the best way to do all of this?

YoopreMama

« Reply #773 on: June 26, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »
I'm getting ready to do the MC :-\.  I'm going to fast tomorrow and do a liver flush tomorrow night.  I'll give myself a few days to recover, and then I plan to start the MC.  I need to cleanse for yeast too, but I thought that I should probably do the MC first because of all of the sugar in the maple syrup.  Here's my question:  I can't afford grade B maple syrup right now, and I don't want to use it anyway, because then I could cleanse for yeast at the same time.  Would that work ????  
I didn't use grade B, and I know others didn't either.  I think it's helpful for energy but not sure if it's essential.  I know honey isn't recommended...MS made my lemonade so yummy!  I might make some here soon! Sorry I have no other helpful ideas...

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #774 on: June 26, 2007, 03:14:35 PM »
I'm getting ready to do the MC :-\.  I'm going to fast tomorrow and do a liver flush tomorrow night.  I'll give myself a few days to recover, and then I plan to start the MC.  I need to cleanse for yeast too, but I thought that I should probably do the MC first because of all of the sugar in the maple syrup.  Here's my question:  I can't afford grade B maple syrup right now, and I don't want to use it anyway, because then I could cleanse for yeast at the same time.  Would that work ????  And I have bee pollen; could I take that for nutrients instead of the maple syrup, or would that mess up the cleanse ????  I'm going to be taking Three-Lac at the end of the MC just to make sure I take care of the candida/leaky gut syndrome.  Any advice on the best way to do all of this?
Personally I would not try the MC schedule without using the maple syrup. You could do a cleanse with lemon water/bee pollen/fasting but you may not detox in the same way and you may need to use a different timetable.
If I recommend the MC to some one (off line) I always recommend 6 weeks of parasite and yeast cleansing w/ herbs, probiotics, and sugar free diet; also some gentle liver and kidney prep. I would never, never attempt the MC while experiencing yeast symptoms. 
...I did do yeast cleansing and the MC. Recommend MC occassionally. I respect and appreciate the huge cleansing and body shifts  it can bring, but advise caution in properly preparing for the cleanse.
  :) Just my thoughts.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #775 on: June 26, 2007, 05:02:46 PM »
So I should cleanse for yeast first?  I know I have BAD leaky gut, and I was afraid that doing the MC (with the maple syrup) after I get rid of yeast would bring the yeast back.  I'm also going to do a parasite cleanse somewhere in between everything else.  The reason I'm trying to get all of this done is because in November, we plan to try conceiving again.  I read the MC book again, and I see what you mean about the maple syrup being necessary.  Can somebody advise me how to arrange the MC, Three-Lac candida-cleansing, liver flushes, and parasite cleanse?  I want to do it in the order that would be most effective.

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #776 on: June 27, 2007, 01:14:29 AM »
Okay, I think I've answered my own question.  I read on curezone that you should take care of any parasites before doing liver flushes.  So I'll cleanse for yeast and parasites first, then do as many liver flushes as I need after the parasites are gone, then when I'm done with the Three-lac, I'll do the MC to finish everything off and get rid of all the junk left over.  Does that sound like a good plan ????  I just don't want to waste money on Three-lac only to reverse the results, and I really don't want to fast for 10 days if it's not doing me any good.  Somebody guide me!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #777 on: June 27, 2007, 03:53:50 AM »
Okay, I think I've answered my own question.  I read on curezone that you should take care of any parasites before doing liver flushes.  So I'll cleanse for yeast and parasites first, then do as many liver flushes as I need after the parasites are gone, then when I'm done with the Three-lac, I'll do the MC to finish everything off and get rid of all the junk left over.  Does that sound like a good plan ????  I just don't want to waste money on Three-lac only to reverse the results, and I really don't want to fast for 10 days if it's not doing me any good.  Somebody guide me!
You may need to recolonize your gut after the MC, but drinking maple syrup will not cause yeast.  Maple syrup will only feed the yeast that is already there.  If you've taken care of this problem before you start the MC then everything should be fine.  Keep in mind, that it really depends on the severity of your condition, how long it will take to fix your candida/leaky gut problem.  It took me 10 months.  My husband is still fighting it, but he's less aggressive in his approach (likes pop & candy  ::)).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #778 on: June 27, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
This topic has been locked.  Answers to questions regarding substitutions, order of cleansing (parasites, liver & yeast) and just about anything else you can think of have already been answered more than once in the pages of this thread.  If you are looking to have these questions answered, please read through the thread in order (from page 1).  If you'd like to find your answer more quickly, you can use the advanced search function to minimize your search for keywords in a specific folder.

As time permits, I am going to move all replies related to daily logging over to another thread.  If you are currently cleansing and want to log, chat and share your experiences, please post your replies there.

Do the Master Cleanse with Me: Daily Log & Chat for Encouragement
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #779 on: October 20, 2007, 06:08:34 AM »
Hey healthybratt, hope it's okay for me to add this information on to the end of this thread... feel free to move it if you have a better place for it...

From the Enzyme-Mineral Connection thread:
Thanks for the information! That looks like a good product.

I feel like I am seeing a whole picture now. I have experimented on myself the last few weeks, and am convinced that my personal defficiency was enzymes - specifically Lipase. However, when I started taking minerals, I noticed improved muscular health, vision, and the fact that I needed less enzymes to maintain healthy skin.

As of today, my skin is %100 normal and healthy. :D Some of the lines/wrinkles that developed over the last year from the extreme dryness are also fading. This is a very obvious side effect that I believe is due to my skin being able to utilize the fats I eat now, instead of excreting them as toxins (rash/acne.)

I am taking one Super Enzyme with each meal, and one before bed. I take one Omega Balance (fatty acids) with each enzyme tablet, and drink the whole thing down with water that has a few drops of ConcenTrace Trace Mineral Drops by "Liquimins." I also add sea salt to the water.

And, we've also added bone broths (minerals) to our diet on a more regular basis, and lots of raw cabbage (enzymes.)

So I'm getting Fatty Acids, Enzymes, and Minerals. I feel good, and my skin is healthy at last.

An important side note here:
I think the reason I was enzyme defficient is due to the Liver/Gallbladder problems I had almost two years ago, which resulted in repeated liver flushes, and a Master Cleanse. I don't see how I could have avoided doing those cleanses and kept my gallbladder, but I do think that the repeated flushes and MC depleted my pancreas of enzymes. Because of the oil-drinking involved with the flushes, I think I used up all my lipase supply. The MC probably depleted me of several things, including fats, minerals, and enzymes.

I am NOT saying the MC or the Liver Flush is bad, but rather; like any extreme health measure (drugs, surgery, etc...) they have side effects that must be taken into consideration. If you need a Liver Flush to clean out your gallbladder and relieve your liver - go ahead. But increase your enzyme, mineral, and Fatty Acid intake at the same time. I guess I should copy/paste this in the appropriate threads...

Rebekah
[/size]
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"