Author Topic: Does hair dye come out?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline wewant20

• Wide Eyed
Does hair dye come out?
« on: November 04, 2006, 02:36:57 PM »
In a nut shell my sister dyed her hair twice in three days and it keeps getting worse.  She is talking about dying it again to fix it.  Is there a way to take out hair dye?

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
Re: Does hair dye come out?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 02:47:31 PM »
Yes, there is a hair stripper that you can buy at the beauty supply store.  It is pretty harsh on your hair.  She'd do better to get a good short cut and let it grow out so her hair isn't fried.  I'm not sure if there is a natural hair stripper.  Probably coconut oil; it seems to be a cure-all.  Ha, ha  ;)
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Does hair dye come out?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:23:18 AM »
The best thing to do is wait until the color fades.  Even permanent dyes will fade with time.    Heavy condition and then recolor or strip in about 8 weeks or so; otherwise the damage to the hair may be irreversable.

I once died my hair golden blonde.  It turned it orange.  I was frantic and called my hair dresser and this is the advice she gave me.  After a couple of months, I got another color and everything turned out okay.  If she's not familiar with the types of colors she wants/needs, she may want to check with a consultant from the company or do a strand test.

Stripping the hair is very harsh, but it will take the hair back down to the platinum stage in most cases.  I would recommend a hair dresser for this.  If the bleach is left on too long, there could be severe breakage.
  My favorite herb book!!