Author Topic: Black Walnut Hull  (Read 55781 times)

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
Re: Black Walnut Hull
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2008, 05:36:10 AM »
I read a bit on this, and the only thing that I saw on the many pages was that they should be mostly green.  Spots are fine.  You just don't want mostly brown (dead/dying) hulls in your tincture. 

If you can't find enough, be sure to stand on the very edge of the tree and shake...unless you want to re-discover gravity. :)

Mountain Rose Herbs sells this combination, which looks good too, and is a glycerin based extraction:

Black Walnut-Wormwood extract

Assists in intestinal cleansing and anti-parasite support.
Contains: Fresh Black Walnut green outer hull, organic Wormwood flower & leaf, organic Thyme leaf, Cascara Sagrada bark, Cinnamon bark, Quassia wood, peppermint essential oil and vegetable glycerin.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:39:59 AM by hi_itsgwen »
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2008, 07:29:06 AM »
Thank you, thank you  :)

Offline selfhealth

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »
Thanks for such a nice information, I would like to add few benefits of Black Walnut Tincture

Black walnut Extract or tincture of Green Hull is traditionally used for:

worms, flukes & parasites
constipation & hemorrhoids
fungal & toxic blood conditions
mouth sores & herpes
acne, eczema & skin conditions

http://www.selfhealth.co.uk/Digestion/Black-Walnut-Tincture.html

Offline victoriarichmond

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:04 AM »
I would like to add some benefits of Black Walnut.

Black walnut tincture is traditionally used for:
•worms, flukes & parasites
•constipation & hemorrhoids
•fungal & toxic blood conditions
•mouth sores & herpes
•acne, eczema & skin conditions

Black walnut tincture is acknowledged as one of the primary tools to eliminate your population of intestinal parasites. Black

walnut hulls contain naturally occuring tannins and quinone compounds, which are the primary ingredients responsible for the

expulsion of intestinal parasites, worms, and yeast.

Black Walnut is also a rich source of iodine and trace minerals including manganese. It also contains alkaloids which are being

studied for their anti-tumor properties, linolenic acid and natural vitamin C.

I have tried Black Walnut Extract from many sources but best i every found is
Black Walnut Extract
http://www.selfhealth.co.uk/Digestion/Black-Walnut-Tincture.html

but other good resources are also available. Pls google it.

Offline LaurainKs

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 04:28:23 AM »
I just purchased some black walnut powder and want to use it to help my dd get rid of a rash on her hands that never goes away.  I know how to make a tincture, but am a bit confused as to how much black walnut to use since it's in powder form.  Also, should she take it internally?  This is what I was thinking, but am not sure.
Thanks for any help!
Laura

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »
I was wondering if there is an age limit on using Black Walnut? I have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old that I wanted to use this on. I think they may have a parasite, I think my 2yr old has impetigo or some sort of skin issue and my 4 yr old has very weak teeth, so I was hoping to maybe take care of several issues with this one herb! If it is ok, then does anyone know about dosages? Also, isn't it not safe to use this when you're pregnant? I was going to make a mouthwash with it, but didn't know if it was ok to use for me. Any thoughts?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
I use the mouthwash while pregnant  one or two times a week.  Just make it fast, and don't swallow. Avoid if you are usually sensitive to herbs and drugs, or if you are having problems with the pregnancy.

The little ones are more vulnerable neurologically which is one of the negative side effects of black walnut. Some use it, some don't. I choose not to as I've felt for myself the the nuerological effects at normal dosing in only 5 days.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2011, 10:45:39 AM »
I'm sorry, what do you mean by "neurological effects"? How about using it topically on them like on the impetigo, would that be OK?  Thank you!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
I'm sorry, what do you mean by "neurological effects"? How about using it topically on them like on the impetigo, would that be OK?  Thank you!
The ones I've experienced are muscle tremors, numbness in hands and tingling along the nerves, along with some visual and auditory hallucinations.
I would not hesitate to use topically.