Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 167821 times)

Offline Julia

• Master
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
All I can say is, GOOT is wonderful for yeast infections! The oil soothes the irritated skin and the garlic brings relief within the half hour. You can make it into capsule shapes and freeze those for suppositories. You might want to dilute it a little with more oil if it stings. Of course there's the GOOTy smell so that limits when you can use it but it's worth it!

Offline littlemama24

• Master
    • check out this website!
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2007, 07:40:56 PM »
Thank you all so much for introducing me to this!  It has already dome wonders for all sorts of things around here: coughs and eczema and yeast infections all over!  I bought some little mason jars so I can make batches to give away!  Miracle stuff here!

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2007, 02:42:17 PM »
I dint have time to read all the replies so i hope this wasn't already asked. Why is it important to throw out the batch of goot after two weeks? Will it go bad? Mine is about a month old and in the back of my fridge. I want to try it on my weird rash, but i really hate to make a new batch. I'm being lazy tonight.
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline momof2wifeof1

• Learning
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2007, 03:00:03 PM »
Made my first GOOT on Saturday for my daughter who tends to be sensitive in her privates.  I have to testify that this really worked well.  I have used garlic oil (for ear drops) in the past and it always worked pretty well.  I like that this just melts and is absorbed so quickly into her skin.  It is smelly though but she doesn't mind at all! Hubby even let me put it on his feet that have some sort of a skin thing going on ~ and he usually doesn't participate in my home brews! Get brave if you haven't tried this and just go for it~what do you have to loose?
help meet to Andrew
homeschool mommy of 2 blessings

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »
I took a GOOT bath last week.  :D :D

I woke with a sore throat and had an old batch of GOOT in the fridge. SO, I massaged MY ENTIRE body with GOOT in the bath.  It felt like a spa treatment.

I drained the water, then took an eucalytpis bath to get the GOOT of out the air. LOL

Anyone else done this??

YoopreMama

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
Thank you all for reminding me of how great garlic is--espcially in GOOT form!  I finally made a new batch (it keeps longer than 2 weeks, but obviously, it's efficacy does diminish.)...I was inspired by posts of it helping skin...I have a slight cold and besides eating lots of onions and garlic, I like getting it in my system this way.   :D

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
Does this have to be stored in a mason jar?  Can I use a stainless steel tin, or a double-wall container for creams (like Miracle Salve comes in)?  Also, I don't have any Olive oil, can I use Rice Bran oil or Almond oil?

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2007, 04:21:41 AM »
Does this have to be stored in a mason jar?  Can I use a stainless steel tin, or a double-wall container for creams (like Miracle Salve comes in)?  Also, I don't have any Olive oil, can I use Rice Bran oil or Almond oil?

I use a glass baby food jar.

Offline screasy

• Adept
  • Trying my best....
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2007, 04:17:53 AM »
I just used GOOT that's been in my fridge for months on my daughter who had a fever. It was interesting  to see her fever drop so fast without Tylenol.
Melanie

I have scanned this thread for shelf-life info, and this is the only thing I could really find.  Does anyone else have any info on this?  I assume it needs to be stored in the fridge to increase shelf-life?

How much do you usually make, just the recipe given?  What size jar does this yield?

We have all the ingredients, and everyone is fairly well right now, so we didn't want to make a batch and have it all go to waste.  That coconut oil is EXPENSIVE!

Thanks for being such wonderful, informative folks!  (getting my first Kombucha starter soon....thanks SarahK!)

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2007, 04:31:06 AM »
I have scanned this thread for shelf-life info, and this is the only thing I could really find.  Does anyone else have any info on this?  I assume it needs to be stored in the fridge to increase shelf-life?

Here is the original information from the following link:
http://www.nacd.org/more_information/health/goot.html

Anti-infective/Anti-fungal/Anti-parasites Warm three tablespoons of Coconut oil over stove until melted and add three tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat and add three tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic. Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for two minutes. Use a blender or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it "GOOT." Place in a refrigerator.

GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after one hour. GOOT, rubbed into the skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Apply directly to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete's foot or genital area for jock itch. Insert GOOT into vagina or rectum for yeast or other related infections. Apply on rashes any place. Place on cotton swab for ear infections. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by direct application. In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body. After two weeks, make a new batch of GOOT.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Rene

• Adept
  • Crucified with Christ! :)
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2007, 05:37:22 AM »
I am going to make this today.  We've all been sick for 6 weeks and I am so tired of it!  I was taking raw garlic internally, but after about 3 days with no improvement I stopped.  I was also making a garlic poultice for the kids, but wasn't consistent - having GOOT on hand would be much easier.
(
  )
 (
__
\_/o   Rene' Helpmeet to Billy - 13  years!! Homeschooling Momma to Anna - 12, Melissa - 9, and Holly - 7

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2007, 06:18:56 AM »

How much do you usually make, just the recipe given?  What size jar does this yield?

I made my first GOOT yesterday.  I had to double the recipe because it was too little to work in my blender. 
I used:
  • 6 TB melted Coconut oil (it probably isn't the best, but I use LouAna's from WM for $2.94 for 31.5 oz)
  • 6 TB Rice Bran oil (I didn't have olive, but RB oil supposed to be great for skin)
  • 1 whole garlic bulb, chopped (about 6 TB)

This batch made 6 oz. of GOOT (I filled a 4 oz. and a 2 oz. double walled jar - the kind body creams come in).

Now my question is, I have so much of this, can I freeze one, or will that ruin it? 
It sounds like it is only supposed to last 2 weeks.

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2007, 10:53:21 AM »
Hey, I found a new quirky way to identify yourself as a WellTellMe member...

I've been putting my cold coconut oil in the GOOT jar before I make it, with the lid on, and carrying it around in my pocket. It melts pretty quickly and that's one less pot to clean and I don't have to worry about forgetting about it and overheating it. Just make sure you have the lid on tight if you try this, or you'll end up with a greasy pocket!

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »
Anyone know if this can be frozen?

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
I don't see why not and if you have so much you might as well. I finished up a batch that I had left out numerous times and it was over a month old and it still worked. I think garlic has enough good properties you can spare a few. But, I'm not a GOOT perfectionist and others may disagree with me.  ;)

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »
Anyone know if this can be frozen?

I wondered this same thing but thought maybe it might kill some of the GOOD stuff and then wouldn't work as well.   Anybody??????????????
Daisey
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »
I have been putting GOOT on my 1yo's legs that have an eczema-like rash on them.  Sometimes it seems to help, then it flares up - I don't know why. ???  So my luck with that has been spotty, BUT he hasn't had a runny nose in a whole week!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2007, 11:17:29 PM »
I have been putting GOOT on my 1yo's legs that have an eczema-like rash on them.  Sometimes it seems to help, then it flares up - I don't know why. ???  So my luck with that has been spotty, BUT he hasn't had a runny nose in a whole week!  ;D ;D ;D

Check these threads:

Fungal-Bacterial Infections

Eczema: Causes, Treatments & Cures

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline new2herbs

• Learning
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
Just to add emphasis here, GOOT is only supposed to keep for 2 weeks because oil and garlic together breed bacteria.  I had a friend who went to culinary school tell me this.  So, be carefull how long you keep it.  I never keep it longer than a week to be safe.

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »
Just to add emphasis here, GOOT is only supposed to keep for 2 weeks because oil and garlic together breed bacteria.  I had a friend who went to culinary school tell me this.  So, be carefull how long you keep it.  I never keep it longer than a week to be safe.

even if it is refrigerated?
I've got alotta goot to use tonight :o :P ;)

Offline Helpmeetmom

• Adept
    • Avon organics
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:08 AM »
I know this is a very old thread, but I'm totally new to GOOT.  We do the garlic pultices that the Pearls recommend.  This sounds awesome!  WE don't have any coconut oil.  There probably is no substitute huh.  I also wondered if one might mix some cinnamon powder in with it and make sure not to apply it to the sensitive areas.  Would this make it stronger?  Mrs Pearl sure likes cinnamon, or should you just put some in some herbal tea and keep it separate? 
So grateful for all the Lord has done for me and my family.  God is so good!

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »
cinnamon can really burn your skin- worse than garlic.    I've used it on an infected lip.  OUch!  It worked really great though!  My kids get rashes on their cheeks if I let them chew on a cinnamon stick.  I'd try it on myself on the inside of my arm if I really wanted to see if it worked.

Just blending goot and olive oil would make a nice way to rub it on even without the coconut oil, but I think it might take longer to solidify in the fridge.  Doesn't really matter though.  It melts when you rub it on anyway.  I use goot all the time and I love it!  The coconut oil adds it's own antifungal and skin soothing properties though, so it's great to include if you can.

Offline pjandbk

• Learning
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2007, 03:58:03 PM »
I would like to share our success with GOOT.

My dh had severe sinus congestion beginning the month of April.  We tried everything, even OTC allergy pills.  Finally by the end of the month, we were so desparate, we decided to try the "dreaded garlic" :o.

Anyway, I made some and it really didn't smell that bad.  Good, actually ;).  I put it on his feet and he put socks on overnight.  He also rubbed it over the bridge of his nose, and the next morning *voila!* he could finally breathe!!  We were SO thankful!!  It even helped him get rid of the infection symptoms he was having, as I think the congestion had digressed into an sinus infection.

He still has sinus trouble now and then, but when he gets to where he can't breathe at all, it's the GOOT that gives relief.

Thanks for sharing the wonder cure!!

Belinda
pjandbk

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2007, 04:39:36 PM »
Screasy, GOOT makes a great edible spread or dip!  I would reserve half for topical use and half for culinary use - IF your containers are very clean.  It makes a really good garlic toast when you sprinkle on a dash of oregano and a bit of Parmesan.

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2007, 06:43:24 PM »
Screasy, GOOT makes a great edible spread or dip!  I would reserve half for topical use and half for culinary use - IF your containers are very clean.  It makes a really good garlic toast when you sprinkle on a dash of oregano and a bit of Parmesan.

LOL! :D :D
Goot, goot! It's goot on your feet.
Goot, goot! It's goot to eat!
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline smalltown mom

• Adept
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »
Ok, I'm starting to lose my faith in garlic here. I've had this awful sore throat (it hurts from ear to ear) for a week, along with some mild congestion and cough. I've been using my garlic press and eating 3 to 4 cloves (raw) on toast with butter and parmesan cheese twice in the last 24 hours (a fairly tasty way to eat it, I might add), and I don't feel any better. I've got a 2yo with a fever for the past couple of days, and I put goot all over her little body two nights in a row, but have seen no improvement. Also, way back when, when I tried poultices, they didn't work either. I followed the instructions, didn't cook the garlic, etc. but seems like I should have at least seen some benefit.

Any input would be great--how often do you apply the stuff for respiratory infections, colds, and junk? Maybe just once a day is not enough??

Of course, now thinking back even further, my husband is a garlic believer, because he had a toothache/infection and was in need of a root canal. Well, he ran out of antibiotics, and we really couldn't afford any more, so he started eating raw garlic in the days before the procedure, and the toothache/infection symptoms were completely relieved. When he went to the dentist and was asked what he had done, he told them he had used garlic, and they were like "What"?? Like he was from another planet or something. It's just funny, because most of the world out there believes medications are the answer to everything.

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2007, 07:39:24 PM »
Smalltown Mom,

I can not give you any real direction on GOOT considering I've not used it YET.......However,  for sore throats I have found ginger, sage and thyme teas work great.  Ginger, for our family, being the most soothing.  I also give my children ginger baths which seems to help relieve them.  I also take garlic by cutting up the cloves in two-three pieces (depending on how big they are) and swallowing them like pills.  Works great everytime! 

A few more ways to get the garlic down for my children is homemade garlic and chicken soup!  LOL!  You make it real garlicy but the chicken noodle soup is such a favorite they usually do not complain.  Also I steep a clove in hot water for 20 mins, add a 1-2 TBSP of Bragg's apple cider vinegar and LOTS of raw honey and they will drink it.  Raw honey is also soothing for the throat. 

Just wanted to throw a few tips your way.....stick with the GOOT though, cuz that is what got me interested in WTM in the first place!  I just HAD to figure out what it was and how it was made!
A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2007, 01:47:03 AM »
Any input would be great--how often do you apply the stuff for respiratory infections, colds, and junk? Maybe just once a day is not enough??

hi smalltownmom!  well, in using GOOT on my kids i usually do it along with meals or diaper changes to remember, putting it on 3 times a day.  are you smearing it all over your throat?  i have had excellent luck with Beeyoutiful's odorless garlic for myself taking 3 with each meal for a few days and the cold was gone.  i had even let it drag on for a week before i started.  i always had great success with the GOOT on my little ones, bringing their fevers down, and could see a difference in them pretty quickly.  i'm sure there are other remedies on here for fevers you might try.  love your story about the toothache!  that is awesome!  my parents think i'm crazy for all my garlic and stuff too, but my doctor had to see my little guy when he was 18 months or more, and he was shocked i had kept him well for over a year!   :o  he didn't want to hear about garlic though!   ::)  same thing happened when my 3 yo. had stitches.  they looked at her records shocked, cuz the last time they saw her was almost 3 years ago when we first moved here!  PTL and thank you welltellme!!!  we have all learned a ton!   ;D  hope your little one and you get to feeling better soon! 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline smalltown mom

• Adept
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies, ladies! I'm new to this site, and I'm really excited about all the wonderful information here.

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »

Weeeelll, I am going to use GOOT for a GOAT! heehee

Our doe kidded last week and her udder is still congested. Am going to rub it on there and see what happens. Hopefully the babies won't be put of by their mother's strong garlic aroma.

Also, our oldest goat has some cyst looking things on her udder and is due to kid any minute. I am going to GOOT that GOAT too and see what happens:) Will report back to you in a couple days.
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX