Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 171042 times)

Offline DaysofGrace

• Learning
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2007, 07:41:56 PM »
So basically, you are blending to chop up or liquify as much of the garlic as you can before straining?

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
So basically, you are blending to chop up or liquify as much of the garlic as you can before straining?
Yes, and you should save that baby picture to be used as part of a slide presentation at her wedding reception. It just cracks me up!
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Amey

• Adept
    • Amey's Blog
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:28 AM »
Just popping in to say, I made goot for the first time earlier this week, and it seems to be helping a stubborn fungal rash (Vick's Vaporub didn't clear it up nearly as well as the goot is). The rash isn't gone yet, but it looks much better. I should have taken before/after pictures.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2007, 05:29:37 AM »
Yes, and you should save that baby picture to be used as part of a slide presentation at her wedding reception. It just cracks me up!
I've tried this and was unable to strain.  The tiny chunks of garlic just clogged up my strainer.  I suppose if I could figure out a better way, I might try it again...maybe  ::)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline koco

• Learning
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:14 AM »
you could try a coffee filter to strain, but then you won't get any little chunks of garlic.
Faith makes things possible, not easy.

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »
I've tried this and was unable to strain.  The tiny chunks of garlic just clogged up my strainer.  I suppose if I could figure out a better way, I might try it again...maybe  ::)
You know, GOOT is very forgiving. I've gotten to the point that I actually skip the straining step and just pour it into little babyfood jars to keep in the fridge. If I see any chunks, I just fish them out with a fork.

I figure if a remedy is just too complicated or cumbersome, you won't use it regularly, and you won't receive the benefits. I really appreciate simple, basic solutions because I feel like I can share those knowing that the results will encourage the user to continue with the remedy without being discouraged by the process.

Also, it takes a little patience with yourself. I sigh to think how much patience I have with my children and other people. Then I remember how much patience God has had with me  ::). Too often, I don't take the time to have patience with myself and allow for a time to learn things. I could have been learning, discovering and exploring when instead I sat and wallowed in my frustration.  :P :-\ Just shared that so if any of you are there, you'll be encouraged that it won't always be like trying to work without thumbs  :D ;)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »
you could try a coffee filter to strain, but then you won't get any little chunks of garlic.
Then I wouldn't get anything.  The filter would absorb all of the oil.  I don't know how you guys do this one.  Tried it and I thought it was messy, gross, and did I mention messy and gross?  LOL

I figure if a remedy is just too complicated or cumbersome, you won't use it regularly, and you won't receive the benefits. I really appreciate simple, basic solutions because I feel like I can share those knowing that the results will encourage the user to continue with the remedy without being discouraged by the process.

Personally, I just like the fresh is best.  Chop it and eat it.  It's simple, not messy and it works every time. ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline DaysofGrace

• Learning
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2007, 01:36:24 PM »

SC,

You crack me up!  ;D 

Sophia is a little sweetie, I have more pictures on my blog of her, (should be a link below).

Anywhoo...can you or anyone else who uses GOOT regularly list all of the uses you have used it for? I have some made in my fridge, but am afraid I won't use it because...no one is sick and I don't know what to do with it. (BUT I have some..that is key!  ;) )

HB,
I just minced, put in warm oil, and then strained...no chunks (maybe I didn't mince finely enough) but it was pretty simple. Not messy or gross? It smells nice and garlicy too. Maybe you should try again. (or not). I also don't see how a coffee filter would work.

Debra
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:35:31 PM by DaysofGrace »

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2007, 06:08:43 PM »
HB,
I just poured mine through one of those metal, mesh, strainers. No clogs, no mess.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
HB,
I just poured mine through one of those metal, mesh, strainers. No clogs, no mess.
WR
Me too and it got all gummed up and wouldn't go through.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sierra

• Learning
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2007, 07:31:43 PM »
Can you use GOOT daily as a preventative measure?  Can GOOT work like garlic, ie lowering blood pressure?
I have the most wonderful job: wife to Craig,  mommy to Orrin (7), Mostyn (6), Praise (4),  Sasona Joy (2) and Berwynn (born 1-15-08)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »
Can you use GOOT daily as a preventative measure?  Can GOOT work like garlic, ie lowering blood pressure?
It will prevent you from getting close to anyone.  LOL

Garlic is a good addition to anyone's diet for building of the immune system.  Eating it raw is always the best, but any way you can get it in or on the body is good for you.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »
HB,
WR
Me too and it got all gummed up and wouldn't go through.

I think it depends on how fine the strainer is. I have 1 that puree will go through but not chunks & I have 1 that anything that has the slightest bit of pulp &/or fiber in it will clog. I can use it to strain tea if the plant material doesn't get smashed into the mesh but not puree. Maybe that's the difference? Food for thought. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2007, 03:59:31 AM »

hey i think that would be great to know!  maybe you can be the first to find out! 

:-*  GOOT!!!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2007, 06:28:15 AM »
I have some made in my fridge, but am afraid I won't use it because...no one is sick and I don't know what to do with it. (BUT I have some..that is key!  ;) [\quote]

I suppose that, since you are Ready For Anything, something will Most Certainly crop up right around, let's see . . .  the day when your GOOT expires!  So that you have to throw out what you made and make a new batch!

Kinda like hanging the laundry out just to make sure your garden gets a good rain that day  :D

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2007, 10:50:53 AM »
Just wanted to post another satisfied family.   My son has had some kind of fungus on his one foot for years.   It was itchy and red and looked like it was rotting away.   The Dr. said athletes foot then said no it was something else,  but what he didn't know.   We tried his salve and it didn't work.   Why doesn't that surprise me.    :(     Anyway, over Christmas break I made some GOOT and he used it faithfully.   Took it back to school with him and when I asked the other day how he was he said it is GOOD!!!    Thank you to however first posted this!   We are grateful.   It also helps me save face so to speak because one of my weird healthy ideas really worked!   Wahooooo!     :D
God Bless
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

freshisbest

« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »
Woops! Left it on the stove too long and I guess too hot cuz the garlic has browned. Did I ruin it? Still smells delicious!!

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »
You've got a nice side dish or a spread for toast, but you can't make it GOOT. The recipe doesn't call for placing garlic on the stove as part of the process. :-\

Offline MotherOfBlessings

• Adept
  • Blessed beyond what I deserve!
    • My Homestead Blog
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »
Garlic Toast.  Yummmmmmmm ;)
Wife to SSgt. Cole, former USMC, now USNG
Homeschooling Mommy of 8 Blessings from the Lord

Offline Melissa D. SC

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »
Ok ladies,
I just heard about this recipe today...

here is the situation:
I've been sick for 2 weeks, major nasal congestion, and now I believe I have bronchitis....

1 year old ds, lots of nasal congestion and croupy cough

4 year old dd, runny nose, slight ear ache

2 year old ds runny nose

husband just getting over walking pneumonia with antibiotics

The children and I have not been taking anything other than vitamin C and water

Questions:

Can this help us when we have been sick for this long?

Where did you all buy your coconut oil at?  I don't have a health food store in my town.

there seems to be some confusion over the coconut oil and melting it.  if you don't want to heat it on the stove, do you just put it in a glass container and run that under lukewarm water?  Or do you just leave it sit out on the counter like under a lamp ... how is one to get it to melt without using the stove?

Ok I think this is the list for now....I have to figure out where to get the coconut oil in order to make this work.....and will it work when we are deep into infections and want to rip out our nasal passages along with coughing up our lungs!!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2007, 07:57:53 AM »
Ok ladies,

here is the situation:
I've been sick for 2 weeks, major nasal congestion, and now I believe I have bronchitis....

2 year old ds runny nose

I'm not the goot expert.  I'll leave that for someone else, but I can provide you with some other links for alternative treatments.

Ear Aches:  Causes & Cures
Cold, Cough, Phlegm, Congestion & Sore Throat Remedies
Sinus Infections:  Causes & Cures
Boosting Your Immune System:  Avoiding Illness

I would also urge you to put anyone who's had antibiotics on a probiotic as soon as possible to counteract the effects that antibiotics have on the immune system.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »
Ok ladies,

here is the situation:

2 year old ds runny nose

The children and I have not been taking anything other than vitamin C and water

Questions:

Can this help us when we have been sick for this long?

Where did you all buy your coconut oil at?  I don't have a health food store in my town.

there seems to be some confusion over the coconut oil and melting it.  if you don't want to heat it on the stove, do you just put it in a glass container and run that under lukewarm water?  Or do you just leave it sit out on the counter like under a lamp ... how is one to get it to melt without using the stove?

Ok I think this is the list for now....I have to figure out where to get the coconut oil in order to make this work.....and will it work when we are deep into infections and want to rip out our nasal passages along with coughing up our lungs!!!

SC is the expert, so maybe she will disagree, but i've made it with just olive oil or olive and cheap coconut oil from walmart if i didn't have the real thing.  for colds and stuff this should work fine.  if you wanted to fight a fungal infection of some kind you would need the real thing. 

i would suppose it depends on your diet, the health of your immune sys, and many other factors, but what have you got to lose???  it's real cheap to make and you'll smell like lasagna!   ;D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Melissa D. SC

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2007, 09:33:46 AM »
Is this Coconut Oil found in the Cooking Oil section of the grocery store or is this something in the pharmacy department?

We do not shop at Wal-mart so if it is something that I might find at another Grocery store then I can try there.  I live in SC so I have Bi-Lo, Publix, and Ingles grocery stores here.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
Is this Coconut Oil found in the Cooking Oil section of the grocery store or is this something in the pharmacy department?

We do not shop at Wal-mart so if it is something that I might find at another Grocery store then I can try there.  I live in SC so I have Bi-Lo, Publix, and Ingles grocery stores here.

yes, found by the oil.  not sure if you'd find it elsewhere or not.  with the sickness you have in your family, i wouldn't worry about it.  make it with olive oil and begin slathering it all over everyone ASAP!!  that many people sick you'll need a new batch in a week or so, and you can begin looking around for the coconut oil in the meantime.  put it on the front, back up the neck, around ears if bothering and down the back, & bottoms of feet.  hopefully this will help.  also try any way you can to get raw garlic into them.  guacamole, salsa, put smashed or chopped garlic onto a spoon and cover with honey and spoonfeed.  HB eats several cloves a day to get over illness.  try searching garlic and you should find these ideas and more.  hope you all get well soon. 

freshisbest

« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
Just this week 2 of my my kids ( 9,13) started taking raw garlic, chopped fine, by the teaspoon and washed down with water or juice. No problems! They say its easier than pills. One of 'em had pneumonia over Xmas and I heard a cough last
weekend so I'm on the Garlic Patrol. My 'failed' GOOT hardened up in the fridge and looks like its supposed to...I guess browning the garlic may have reduced the medicinal quality but it sure smells good! You could smear it on the soles of your kids feet and put socks on and they could sleep in it.

Offline Amey

• Adept
    • Amey's Blog
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2007, 04:53:09 AM »
Let me just say: This stuff works miracles with fungus.
H a l l e l u j a h ! ! !

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2007, 05:20:38 AM »

Coconut Oil:  Good Brands & Good Deals/Sales
  My favorite herb book!!

freshisbest

« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2007, 05:20:00 AM »
GOOT Testimony..this is so exciting! My Brother-in-law severly damaged a lower leg in a motorcycle accident many many years ago. It plagues him now and then...a couple of years ago he fractured it messing around in the backyard. My Husband has been working with him the last couple of months ( carpentry) and has been coming home with stories of pain and suffering and his brothers inability to think clearly because of this pain in his leg. He keeps taking more and different OTC pain meds and still he can hardly walk and has even begun talking of getting some crutches it is so bad. I said to hubby I thought it sounded like an infection had burrowed itself in there...wondering if he shouldn't try some garlic my new wonder-cure. I happened to have made a batch of GOOT this week and last night he joined us for dinner so I handed him a bowl of it and said " try this..just for kicks. Rub it on and put on a sock. Maybe try a warm footbath with fresh garlic as well."
I just got a call from him....he says his leg feels better than it has in 2 weeks! He " doesn't know what that stuff is but I want some more!!"

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
My daughter had this funky bumpy red rash behind both knees. 3 goot applications and 3 days later, it is completely gone! Thanks SC!
I got the good coconut oil from mountain rose herbs. It was a great deal! 

Carrier & Vegetable Oils
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:58:31 PM by healthybratt »

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »
I was putting it on my little guys feet for a cold and it got rid of the mild eczema on his elbows and legs. :D (didn't seem to do much for the cold though, but he had it for a while before I started putting the goot on him :-\)