Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 167972 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »
hi everyone, just wondering if someone could tell me what "dying off" means. the goot treatment kills yeast, dying off means what????thanks a ton
When there is an overabundance of yeast, and you kill it quickly, there is a reaction called dieoff.  This is believed to be caused by a release of toxins by the dying organisms which cause symptoms mimicing yeast type infections and symptoms.  So when you are killing yeast, it most likely will appear that it's getting worse before it gets better.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2007, 04:45:42 PM »
It sounds like die off reaction. What I mean is that if she has eczema, there's a good chance she has yeast. The garlic may have killed enough candida to cause a die off reaction. If this is the case, you may want to treat internally for candida.

Ok, another question. I think I have some yeast issues. I can't use the yeast assassin because I'm pregnant. But I did just order the tummy tuneup, and am eliminating sugar and yeast from my diet. If the Goot killled off the yeast in my daughter, would it work for me? Could I just put it on like I did her, and would it help get it out of my system? I would like to get rid of this as soon as possible, because my baby is due soon and I don't want to have to deal with it then. Also, I think I read somewhere, and I can't find it now, that you shouldn't take Supermom while treating for yeast, because that will make it worse. Or something like that. I just finally ordered some Supermom, and I can't wait to start taking it, but I really want to get rid of the yeast. Any suggestions?
Wife to a wonderful Mr. Command, and mommy to 5 sweet little ones!

Visit http://hyenacart.com/SunnyDayBabies/ where I sell cloth diapers and more!
WTM members recieve 10% off with the code WTM0409!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2007, 05:11:38 AM »
Ok, another question. I think I have some yeast issues. I can't use the yeast assassin because I'm pregnant. But I did just order the tummy tuneup, and am eliminating sugar and yeast from my diet. If the Goot killled off the yeast in my daughter, would it work for me? Could I just put it on like I did her, and would it help get it out of my system? I would like to get rid of this as soon as possible, because my baby is due soon and I don't want to have to deal with it then. Also, I think I read somewhere, and I can't find it now, that you shouldn't take Supermom while treating for yeast, because that will make it worse. Or something like that. I just finally ordered some Supermom, and I can't wait to start taking it, but I really want to get rid of the yeast. Any suggestions?
I don't know anything about Supermom making yeast worst.  I'll leave that to the Beeyoutiful experts to answer, but Goot couldn't hurt.  It should help you with your yeast issues.  You could just eat the garlic.  I chop it up and swallow it like pills.  You still smell like garlic all the time, but you're not greasy.  Read the following links for more info on how to treat yeast.

I Think I Have Leaky Gut and/or Candida:  What Now?
Candida Cleanse without Supplements
Treating Yeast/Candida While Pregnant
Natural Antifungals
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:14:49 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline joyful_mommy_03

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »
Has anyone used GOOT on an ear infection - the same way you would use regular garlic oil drops?  I think my 10mo old may have an ear infection and I have freshly made GOOT.  Didn't know if the addition of coconut oil might do something bad to eardrums.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2007, 05:19:45 PM »
Has anyone used GOOT on an ear infection - the same way you would use regular garlic oil drops?  I think my 10mo old may have an ear infection and I have freshly made GOOT.  Didn't know if the addition of coconut oil might do something bad to eardrums.

I don't think that the cocoanut would do anything but I'm not sure. I would be more inclined to think that the pureed garlic would tend to leave the ear a mess. While you're figuring it out, onion juice works for ears. Just cut an onion in half, bore at the cut edge with the tip of a spoon to press out some juice (just like using a reamer on a lemon) & use in the ear. HTH & I hope your little one feels better soon. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2007, 06:58:02 PM »

GOOT is great for ear infections. Just rub behind the ear & lobe. It's penetrating qualities make sure that it will get into the deeper tissues. I would use it in the ear, but some people don't remove all chunks of garlic and others make theirs way too strong by using a garlic press (which could make it strong enough to burn). If yours is a smooth paste, without chunks, you can rub it in the ear using a cotton swab. The coconut oil will be kept soft by the body temperature and is anti-microbial -- good for infection.

http://www.nacd.org/more_information/health/goot.html
GOOT, rubbed into the skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Apply directly to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete's foot or genital area for jock itch. Insert GOOT into vagina or rectum for yeast or other related infections. Apply on rashes any place. Place on cotton swab for ear infections. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by direct application. In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline joyful_mommy_03

• Adept
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2007, 05:00:40 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knows what happens to the GOOT after two weeks?

I'm assuming it just looses some of its potency.  I made some about three weeks ago and its been in the frig.  My oldest is saying he just doesn't feel right this morning and I was hoping to put some on his feet since I don't know exactly whats wrong yet.

Any thoughts?  Has anyone used GOOT after the two week period?

Offline wardermom

• Learning
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2007, 06:01:11 AM »
I just used GOOT that's been in my fridge for months on my daughter who had a fever. It was interesting  to see her fever drop so fast without Tylenol.
Melanie

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2007, 07:44:32 AM »
I just used GOOT that's been in my fridge for months on my daughter who had a fever. It was interesting  to see her fever drop so fast without Tylenol.
Melanie

wow!  thank you so much for this info!  i will use this first next time!   ;D

:-* GOOT!!!!!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
Melanie

How often did you use it?  A couple weeks ago two of my kids had fevers over 104 degrees - I practically coated them in fresh GOOT (neck, chest, and feet) three times a day and it didn't do much for the fevers.  At least not right away.  It took them about 12 hours for the fever to break.  I do think it helped any infection, but didn't work too fast on the fevers.  I still love the stuff though!!  ;D ;D

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline wardermom

• Learning
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2007, 05:22:42 AM »
Surprisingly, I only used it once, on her chest/tummy, back, and feet. I don't think it was a very strong virus though. The only symptoms she had were a mild fever of 101.8, a headache, and a sore tummy.There was no diarrhea or vomiting or cold symptoms, it was kind of weird. Anyway, she is over it. I really don't know what it was, or why the GOOT worked so fast, but it did and I'm thankful. :)
Melanie

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2007, 07:48:58 AM »

A couple weeks ago two of my kids had fevers over 104 degrees - I practically coated them in fresh GOOT (neck, chest, and feet) three times a day and it didn't do much for the fevers.  At least not right away.  It took them about 12 hours for the fever to break.  I do think it helped any infection, but didn't work too fast on the fevers.  I still love the stuff though!!  ;D ;D

Fever is part of the immune response & shows that the body is fighting the illness. Fever impares bacterial & viral growth & boosts immune function so I usually let a fever run it's course. See the book How to Raise A Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor By Dr. Robert Mendelsohn It sounds like once the GOOT & the fever did their work on what was making them sick then the fever came down on it's own. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »
Yeah, I was proud of myself for not giving into the "ibuprofen."  I usually don't ever give them that unless the fever is bad, but this time it was bad and I let it go.  I think it helped them get over it faster.  That and GOOT!  ;D  Plus, I was giving them garlic orally and GSE.  During the fevers I gave them ginger baths.  All combined I think it did the trick!  ;D

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »

A couple weeks ago two of my kids had fevers over 104 degrees - I practically coated them in fresh GOOT (neck, chest, and feet) three times a day and it didn't do much for the fevers.  At least not right away.  It took them about 12 hours for the fever to break.  I do think it helped any infection, but didn't work too fast on the fevers.  I still love the stuff though!!  ;D ;D

Fever is part of the immune response & shows that the body is fighting the illness. Fever impares bacterial & viral growth & boosts immune function so I usually let a fever run it's course. See the book How to Raise A Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor By Dr. Robert Mendelsohn It sounds like once the GOOT & the fever did their work on what was making them sick then the fever came down on it's own. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
My guess is that goot does not bring fevers down directly but indirectly by helping the body do it's own work.  This would explain why it works fast for one incident and not another.  The fever that came down quickly was probably not as severe infection as the fever that took several hours to come down.  JMO.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2007, 10:29:51 AM »
I made my first batch of GOOT. My ds has a cold and was miserable the night before last. So yesterday I made the GOOT to rub on his feet and chest. He slept so well last night! And today he is almost back to his old self. Good Stuff.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »
ok i don't think GOOT is good for Ezcema type blotches, but then i don't know if it's not working because i used preminced garlic from a jar. my sis in law gave it to me and it's all i had at the time. the ingredients are garlic, water and PHOSPHORIC ACID! what does that do? would the garlic render my GOOT useless? i haven't actually used it on anythign else other than my sons grossy grosses.

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2007, 07:11:54 AM »
The garlic probably starts going bad once it's chopped up. Since it's already chopped up and in a jar, the phosphoric acid is probably a preservative. I'd think the jarred garlic would work better than nothing if that's all you have on hand, though not as well since some of the valuable components may be broken down. Fresh garlic is inexpensive and easy to find at the grocery store, though.

Offline christajean

• Learning
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
This thread is like being on a roller coaster!  Ups and downs, sucesses and failures, "it worked great!", "it didn't work for me".  The majority of you have had success and reply with zeal and enthusiasm...  I was sooo hoping to be in the majority, but alas, my GOOT failed :'(  It was my last resort and I was so disappointed.  I've been trying to fight a terrible rash on my 8mo. old dd for 2 weeks now...have tried almost everything advised on this site and am fighting yeast in myself.  I'm at a loss now and she is so sad.  I'm sure I followed the recipe exactly(especially after all the back and forth about tinkering  ;)LOL), but when I applied to her bum, her little legs stiffened up and she screamed!  I washed it off and then tried it on her feet, she cried more, but I continued and applied it to her chest.  She grabbed at her chest and cried harder, so I washed it off and went back to the Lotrimin the dr. had prescribed--sulking!  Not sure what the next plan of action should be...
"The thing I find most amazing in Amazing Grace is the chance to give it out... maybe that's what love is all about."  ~ Mr. Heath

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »
This thread is like being on a roller coaster!  Ups and downs, sucesses and failures, "it worked great!", "it didn't work for me".  The majority of you have had success and reply with zeal and enthusiasm...  I was sooo hoping to be in the majority, but alas, my GOOT failed :'(  It was my last resort and I was so disappointed.  I've been trying to fight a terrible rash on my 8mo. old dd for 2 weeks now...have tried almost everything advised on this site and am fighting yeast in myself.  I'm at a loss now and she is so sad.  I'm sure I followed the recipe exactly(especially after all the back and forth about tinkering  ;)LOL), but when I applied to her bum, her little legs stiffened up and she screamed!  I washed it off and then tried it on her feet, she cried more, but I continued and applied it to her chest.  She grabbed at her chest and cried harder, so I washed it off and went back to the Lotrimin the dr. had prescribed--sulking!  Not sure what the next plan of action should be...

Try these two threads:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.0.html

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3194.msg51579.html#new

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

PS The links are fixed, I had entered them as email links instead of web links. Oops... ::) ::) ::) Sorry everyone. ~herbalmom
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:38:38 AM by herbalmom »

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2007, 04:40:48 PM »
christajean,

Try making some with less garlic in it. If it was so strong that it burned her skin then I wouldn't put it on her either. The batch I made had less garlic in it than what was recommended on this board but I figured that some garlic was better than none (and this being their first experience with it, I didn't want it to be a bad one).

My dd caught cold from her brother and I used GOOT on her last night and she did even better than he did. I put it on again today and will reapply tonight before she goes to bed and I think she will be all better in the morning.

I also think that getting the GOOT into my system (from applying it to them) has kept me from getting very sick --- I'm sure I have a cold because the first sign the dc had was a sore throat and I have had a some scratchiness off and on for a couple days but it has gone no further than that. Of course I have also been taking echinacea, but only sporadicly.

WR
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:00:21 PM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »

Did you try the Fungal/Bacterial Infections thread? That may be what herbalmom linked to, but for some reason when I clicked on them the links didn't work so in case they didn't work for you, I'm adding the link here... http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.msg30397.html#msg30397

Offline Lavender~Rosemary

• Adept
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »
Tonight I made my first batch of GOOT!  But...I accidentally put in 3 cloves of garlic instead of 3 tablespoons of minced garlic.  Could I put it back in the pot and melt the oils again then add some more garlic?  It seems like this would be fine to do, I'm just not sure.  This is all new to me.
Thanks,
Stacy

Offline mishy

• Master
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2007, 08:04:18 PM »
Tonight I made my first batch of GOOT!  But...I accidentally put in 3 cloves of garlic instead of 3 tablespoons of minced garlic.  Could I put it back in the pot and melt the oils again then add some more garlic?  It seems like this would be fine to do, I'm just not sure.  This is all new to me.
Thanks,
Stacy

I actually use three cloves in my GOOT and it always works great!! 
:)

Offline christajean

• Learning
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2007, 08:25:09 PM »
UGH!  I just reread my post and grimaced at the amount of despair in my tone!  If I had truly been honest with myself last night, I wouldn't have blamed all the failure on the GOOT...it would've been my lack of patience!  I am finally putting all the pieces together and feel like I am on the right track, yes, GOOT is helping now, but even more, I am ATTACKING the yeast in my body--NO sugar/refined flours, etc. and mega Acidopholus(Florajen) 3x a day.  Now with a little more patience, I am already seeing results, i.e. a wart that I've had for years is gone!

Did you try the Fungal/Bacterial Infections thread? That may be what herbalmom linked to, but for some reason when I clicked on them the links didn't work so in case they didn't work for you, I'm adding the link here... http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.msg30397.html#msg30397
Thanks, JuliaofSunnyside, it did work and helped too! :-*
christajean,

Try making some with less garlic in it. If it was so strong that it burned her skin then I wouldn't put it on her either. The batch I made had less garlic in it than what was recommended on this board but I figured that some garlic was better than none (and this being their first experience with it, I didn't want it to be a bad one).

WR
Thanks, WR, I will do that for my next batch.  I tried it again on her feet and she didn't cry at all, so the first time, she may have just been crying still from her bum burning!  But I wonder if my garlic was too potent or maybe even past it's prime?  I'm remembering now that it seemed to be sprouting ???Hmmm...
"The thing I find most amazing in Amazing Grace is the chance to give it out... maybe that's what love is all about."  ~ Mr. Heath

Offline ILoveGodsWisdom

• Adept
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2007, 11:37:36 PM »
My thoughts would be that if you killed the enzyms in the garlic that you may have destroyed some of the antibacterial action of the garlic.  You only need to heat it above 42 oC to do this.  I personally have noticed that cooking with garlic is not the same as using raw garlic in my 'home' formulas for colds and sore throuts.
Passport type shot of me and my 4 children

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2007, 04:30:43 AM »

Yes, that was the first link, the second was for the eczema thread. Thanks for catching my goof. Both links are fixed, I had put them in as email links, instead of web links. Oops.... ::) ::) ::) Sorry everyone. Here they are again:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.0.html

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3194.msg51579.html#new

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:38:05 AM by herbalmom »

Offline Lavender~Rosemary

• Adept
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2007, 05:21:03 AM »
Thanks,
Stacy

I actually use three cloves in my GOOT and it always works great!! 
:)
Thanks Mishy.  I appreciate you taking the time to let me know.  Before anyone had replied I actually added a little more garlic.  So we will see how it works.  I made it last night so have not had a chance to use it yet.
Thanks again,
Sacy

Offline DaysofGrace

• Learning
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »
I have a question about making GOOT. I actually made some, but didn't see the instructions to put in a blender or coffee grinder?

Warm three tablespoons of Coconut oil over stove until melted and add three tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat and add three tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic. Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for two minutes. Use a blender or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it "GOOT." Place in a refrigerator.

I just warmed the oil and then strained it. What does the blender do? Chop the garlic up more? Also, how does the garlic properties get into the oil so quickly? Seems like warming slowly over the stove might give it more time or something? Just wondering.

Also, do you all keep your goot in the frig? And does it go bad? I saw it said to make more in 2 weeks.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:41:51 PM by DaysofGrace »

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
I have a question about making GOOT. I actually made some, but didn't see the instructions to put in a blender or coffee grinder?

Warm three tablespoons of Coconut oil over stove until melted and add three tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat and add three tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic. Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for two minutes. Use a blender or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it "GOOT." Place in a refrigerator.

I just warmed the oil and then strained it. What does the blender do? Chop the garlic up more? Also, how does the garlic properties get into the oil so quickly? Seems like warming slowly over the stove might give it more time or something? Just wondering.

Also, do you all keep your goot in the frig? And does it go bad? I saw it said to make more in 2 weeks.

Thanks!!

Sweet picture DaysofGrace!
You actually grind the garlic into the oil with your hand wand mixer (a cheap appliance). You don't want to strain the garlic out of your paste, but only the chunks that didn't get pulverized when you ran your blender. You only warm the coconut oil to turn it into a liquid. The olive oil is already liquid and doesn't need warming. This isn't to bring any qualities out of the oil or the garlic, only to make it less solid and easy to mix. So, it isn't like you are cooking anything. During the summer where I live, I don't warm the coconut oil as our temperatures keep it rather squishy. If you use enough heat to cook, you'll lose the benefits of the raw garlic. HTH
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »
I press the garlic cloves, put them in the warm oil and mash with the back of a spoon, let it sit for a good while, and then strain out the garlic. Works for us.
WR
Who Needs God?