Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 167809 times)

Offline MQM

• Adept
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »
I know we live in a more is better society, but let's all just step back and think for a minute...It isn't a magic pharmaceutical drug.
WHAT!!! :o But, but, but.... the GOOT info page says "A formula that will produce MIRACLES"! :'( And I thought...;)

Not sure if that statement was for my benefit ;D, but just to be clear, this is what I was getting at...
As long as symptoms persist, I apply GOOT at least three times a day.
I was wondering from those who have success with it, how often it was applied, since after I used it for 2 days, instead of our symptoms subsiding, they continued to worsen for both myself and daughter.  This was particularly surprising and disturbing, since because of garlic's potency, I was certain it would help when nothing else had.

I wasn't expecting magic or a CURE--I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to obtain antibiotics with the symptoms my daughter has if that's what I was after ;)--but at the very least thought we might see some improvement, and certainly not worsening.
I'm not sure where all of the staining and stuff on the bed linen is coming from... next morning you should have either a pair of socks or a t-shirt to wash.
 Again, not sure if this was for my benefit... DH obligingly told me I could try GOOT but he is not completely sold on all this herbs stuff, is sensitive to odors, and will only tolerate so much garlic odor in the household.  So in my case, as much as possible, I'm simply trying to prevent DH from detecting the odor as he passes through. ;)  Thus, towel on the bed beneath DD--for oil on chest that might seep through her shirt to sheets and blanket-- and two pairs of socks on my feet and hers to keep oils from soaking through, and lots of handwashing. ;)
I don't wait until the passages are completely clogged and a fever is raging
Once again, if intended for me ;)... In our case, there was very little nasal congestion for any of us, I think due to the eucalyptus oil.   After everything else we tried, DD's coughing wouldn't quit and her breathing was becoming more difficult.  Then I read this on the info page...
Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections.
so I thought I would try it on her chest cold.  DD's fever had been gone for several days, but came back again even after the use of GOOT.  Maybe it all comes down to the fact that, different herbs have different effects on people.  What works for some, may not work for all.  Oh well, I'll give it another whirl, but this time, I won't expect any "miracles".  ;)

It does have an odor, but if your whole house has a vibrant aroma, I'm wondering if the problem isn't that too much is being applied at a single application (you only need less than a tablespoon) with too much time being left between applications?
I'm sure I used less than a tablespoon because I didn't want to use anymore after the first little scoop melted so quickly and became runny.  Is that how yours works?  Do you think different brands of oil could  affect the consistency of it? 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:41:54 PM by Meek & Quiet Mommy »

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2006, 03:53:03 AM »
Meek&Quiet, you made me chuckle all of the way through your post :D

No, my comments were not directed at any one particular person. It was a response to the recurring comments that I see about widespread staining (Should I replace the mattress?), limbs not growing back (I put goot on, but the it didn't restore the severed leg!) and etc.

Goot is what it is. Goot helps support your immune system as it fends off attack.

It does a great job of that BUT there are variables in its use. These include things like whether or not it was made according to the instructions (I know, I have played with the formula myself & haven't yet improved on it), the application (how it is applied and how often) and the health of the patient.

In regards to the last variable, GOOT is one of the more effective things you can do to help even those in fragile health. However, you must understand that if someone's system is very depleted, and the immune system overworked, that body may not have the tools to do the work GOOT is supporting. In other words, the immune system may be so depleted in an individual that he/she does not improve when others (in the same circumstances and with healthy immune function) do see results.

In these instances, diet, nutrition and a healthy lifestyle go a long way towards helping to restore the immune system to the function it was intended. So, to say it better: GOOT is one tool in your journey -- a very good tool -- but one of many.

As for these  :D :D :D
Not sure if that statement was for my benefit
Again, not sure if this was for my benefit...
Once again, if intended for me

You remind me of my baby sister that I dearly love. Being the youngest and a girl, she is a novelty in our family of mostly boys. We spoiled her lavishly and then handed her off to her bewildered husband. I visited them recently and noticed that he had gotten her a pair of pajamas. On the shirt, there was what looked like one of those adhesive name tags. It said, "Hello, my name is HIGH MAINTENANCE!"
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2006, 04:49:02 AM »
For goot, is it ok to use Louana cocunut oil, or should I wait until I can afford the real stuff?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2006, 04:52:46 AM »
For goot, is it ok to use Louana cocunut oil, or should I wait until I can afford the real stuff?

If I'm responding to illness and don't have time to make a run to the store, I use what I have on hand until I can secure better products.

BUT, realize that there are REASONS for the ingredients as listed and BENEFITS that you may not get without them.

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2006, 06:54:36 AM »
What's Louana Coconut Oil and why wouldn't it work?  Is there a specific brand recommended?  I thought just using what I had already was OK, so that's what I did and I've had good results.  ~L

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2006, 07:04:30 AM »
As for these  :D :D :D
Not sure if that statement was for my benefit
Again, not sure if this was for my benefit...
Once again, if intended for me

You remind me of my baby sister that I dearly love. Being the youngest and a girl, she is a novelty in our family of mostly boys. We spoiled her lavishly and then handed her off to her bewildered husband. I visited them recently and noticed that he had gotten her a pair of pajamas. On the shirt, there was what looked like one of those adhesive name tags. It said, "Hello, my name is HIGH MAINTENANCE!"
Ummm… Honestly, I wasn’t trying to be difficult. The reason I did that was because I wanted to be careful to acknowledge that although some of what you said seemed pertinent to my situation, I have read the entire thread and did realize you were addressing many in your post.  But I guess instead I just came off sounding like I was “high maintenance” and that is the last thing I wanted to do.  :(

I like the idea of GOOT and since I really want it to work, I guess I wanted those who swear by it to understand where I am with it so they can help me understand what to do differently or better, then we can reap the benefits, too.  :) Thanks for all the help!

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2006, 08:00:13 AM »
Ummm… Honestly, I wasn’t trying to be difficult.

NO! You WEREN'T being difficult. I enjoy a good laugh. I grew up in a house FULL of boys and enjoy kidding around. I found the exchange humorous and was trying to lighten the mood. I didn't mean to be insensitive. Sorry.  :-X

Offline Blessedw/3

• Adept
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2006, 03:49:30 AM »
Does goot have to be refridgerated? If so, why? My kids hate it being cold on thier chest.   :D
Wife to Gary, Mama to Joseph 5, Ethan 3, and Jonathan 8 months.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2006, 07:12:30 AM »
Does goot have to be refridgerated? If so, why? My kids hate it being cold on thier chest.   :D

yes, to keep the garlic's potency for 2 weeks.  could you melt it between your hands before applying?  HTH
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Blessedw/3

• Adept
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »
Thanks, I can do that it just is more messy and I was looking for an easy way out.  :P ;D I haven't been keeping my last batch in the refrigerator the whole time. It still smells garlicy, do you think it will still work?
Wife to Gary, Mama to Joseph 5, Ethan 3, and Jonathan 8 months.

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2006, 08:08:44 AM »
  For those of you who don't want to mess with GOOT, put a garlic clove in  the garlic press and start squeezing the garlic til the juice starts to come out. Rub on the bottom of their feet and put socks on. We've also rubbed it on their chest, just make sure there's no garlic pieces left on their skin, it can blister. They will smell like Oive Garden but works great. Even my babies bm's will smell like garlic.  :P

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »
Thanks, I can do that it just is more messy and I was looking for an easy way out.  :P ;D I haven't been keeping my last batch in the refrigerator the whole time. It still smells garlicy, do you think it will still work?

probably, i suppose it just depends on the time spent out of the frig.  i left my out overnight accidentally, and put it in the frig in the morning.  i found it to work just fine.  i don't think garlic will ever lose it's smell...... ::) 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2006, 04:34:53 AM »
Removing Garlic Odor from Hands

Q How do you remove garlic odor from hands?
--Carol Cole, Brooklyn, NY

# A You can avoid the problem by wearing thin, disposable gloves when you handle garlic, onion, fish or other pungent foods. Here are three sure ways to get rid of that nasty smell: Pour a little salt or baking soda on hands and rub them together. Rinse with water.
# Squeeze toothpaste or pour a small amount of mouthwash on one palm, then rub hands together. Rinse with water.
# Rub hands across a stainless steel utensil under running tap water.

from Good HouseKeeping

More Links.

Remove Garlic and Onion Odors from Hands
How to Remove Garlic Smell from Hands
Removing Smell of Garlic from Hands/Nails
Never tried this, but read it the other day and thought it sounded worth a try except for the toothpaste (SLS -  ::)).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2006, 08:29:47 AM »
Well, I think I justed messed up my first batch of GOOT  :'(  I minced three tablespoons of garlic, added it to three tblsp coconut oil and three tblsp olive oil.  Then I stuck it in a pan of hot water to melt the oil so it would mix.  I may have heated it too long and destroyed it.  How would I know?  Then I went to strain it and accidentally dumped most of it in the pan of water  :o  So, I have about 1 1/2 tblsp now in the fridge, but it may not be any good b/c of heating it.  Any tips for next time?  I only heated it for about three minutes or so and the water wasn't boiling yet.  Thanks  :)
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2006, 09:19:43 AM »
The coconut oil isn't heated -- only WARMED until it gets to a liquid state. THEN the other ingredients are added and blended. At our house during the summer, I don't even have to heat the coconut oil because of our warm climate. As a matter of fact, I've been known to make GOOT without warming the coconut oil to a liquid state. If it is soft, blending it with the other ingredients kind of "mushes" it nicely.

If you put the garlic in the pan and left it for any length of time you likely killed off many of its beneficial qualities.

HTH

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
Yeah, I'll have to dump this first batch.  :-\  Bummer.  I'll try again tomorrow.  I have extra virgin olive oil, but just organic coconut oil (not virgin).  Is that bad?  Thanks for the tips.
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline SC

• Guru
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2006, 10:08:22 AM »
Yeah, I'll have to dump this first batch.  :-\  Bummer.  I'll try again tomorrow.  I have extra virgin olive oil, but just organic coconut oil (not virgin).  Is that bad?  Thanks for the tips.

The good news is that even a failed attempt to make GOOT ensures that the beneficial properties of garlic have made it to your bloodstream as you handled the cloves.  :)

If I had to list the ingredients in order of importance, I would say that it is most important to use organic garlic cloves. Secondly, I would say the organic EV coconut oil and then the EV olive oil. It's a qualified opinion from years of use, but an opinion nonetheless.

Use what you have on hand. Once you decide the grade of oils you prefer to use, purchase that. This is a very forgiving salve. I wouldn't worry.

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
Thanks.  :)  I'll go with what I have for now, then purchase the higher grade stuff when I can.  Looking back I think "duh!" I should've warmed the coconut oil FIRST then added the other stuff.  But hindsight is 20/20 eh?!   ::) ::)  I was just so excited about trying it out.......well now I know  :P I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2006, 01:26:43 PM »
What's Louana Coconut Oil and why wouldn't it work?  Is there a specific brand recommended?  I thought just using what I had already was OK, so that's what I did and I've had good results.  ~L

Any Answers yet???

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2006, 01:29:34 PM »

Any Answers yet???

Yep.  ;)

The cheap stuff from Wal-Mart (the Louana Coconut Oil) is not antimicrobial. It has been over processed. A good clue is that it doesn't have a strong coconut smell. I used it for cooking for a long time before finding NOW brand virgin coconut oil at our local herb shop ($8 for 12oz, or $11 for 20oz). The cheap stuff is better than shortening or canola oil, but if you use it in GOOT just be aware that the only thing it's going to add is the ability to firm-up in the fridge.
WR
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 01:31:09 PM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2006, 02:32:43 PM »
iMuchas gracias!      ~L

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:40 AM »
Yay!  My GOOT turned out this time!  ;D  I'm glad b/c I made it for my DH's grandmother who is sick with cold/congestion so I hope it helps her.  I know it won't completely work b/c she already has a compromised and weakened immune system, but I'm hoping it will at least help a little..... we'll see  ;) 

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »
My kids were all sick this past weekend. I made a batch of GOOT and put it on their chest and backs before their naps. My 2 year old woke up a couple hours later with a huge rash where I had put the GOOT. It looked almost like hives and was really itchy. I gave her a bath to wash it off. That was a few days ago and it's still a little rashy. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen. She's not allergic to any of the ingredients, I cook with them all the time. She does have sensitive skin though, and her eczema has been flaring up lately. But this is the 3rd time I've used goot on her. The first time, it worked really well. I used it a day or two and she got better, no rash or anything. The 2nd time, it was fine at first, but her skin was already a little rashy before I started the goot. I started using Arbonne baby oil about the same time as the goot, and she started breaking out real bad. So I assumed it was the Arbonne, so I quit using it. I also stopped using the goot at the same time, since her cold was pretty much gone. The rash went away after a couple days. But now, I'm wondering if it was the goot and not the arbonne. My sister thought maybe it was just the goot drawing toxins out through her skin.  ??? She's better now, but now I don't know if I should try using the Goot again. And it worked so well.  :(  Any thoughts?
Wife to a wonderful Mr. Command, and mommy to 5 sweet little ones!

Visit http://hyenacart.com/SunnyDayBabies/ where I sell cloth diapers and more!
WTM members recieve 10% off with the code WTM0409!

Offline Laurie

• Learning
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2006, 09:27:55 AM »
Smileyface ~ I don't have an answer for you but I did have a similar experience.  I used GOOT on my son a couple of weeks ago and there was no skin irritation.  On the second day of the cold I spread it on his chest and he woke up with a terrible rash...all over his body and legs but it was most definitely worse in the area that I had put the GOOT.  Turns out he had fifth disease.  So, like you, I'm wondering if the GOOT was drawing the toxins out through the skin and causing a worse rash in that area.  I stopped using the GOOT just because I'm not experienced with it and he was so miserable I was afraid of doing anything to make it worse for him. 

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2006, 10:17:34 AM »
What is fifth disease?  ???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:44:41 AM by smileyface »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2006, 06:45:48 AM »
My kids were all sick this past weekend. I made a batch of GOOT and put it on their chest and backs before their naps. My 2 year old woke up a couple hours later with a huge rash where I had put the GOOT. It looked almost like hives and was really itchy. I gave her a bath to wash it off. That was a few days ago and it's still a little rashy. I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen. She's not allergic to any of the ingredients, I cook with them all the time. She does have sensitive skin though, and her eczema has been flaring up lately.
It sounds like die off reaction.  What I mean is that if she has eczema, there's a good chance she has yeast.  The garlic may have killed enough candida to cause a die off reaction.  If this is the case, you may want to treat internally for candida.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline smileyface

• Adept
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2006, 06:51:27 AM »
What would be a safe way to treat her for that? She just turned 2 (actually today is her birthday!  :) ). We just ordered some original blend tt, would just using that on her food be enough?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2006, 07:01:44 AM »
What would be a safe way to treat her for that? She just turned 2 (actually today is her birthday!  :) ). We just ordered some original blend tt, would just using that on her food be enough?
That's an excellent start.  You need to control the sugars in her diet.  Here's the link on it for adults.  You can use most of this information for all ages, but there's also a thread on candida for kids.

I Think I Have Leaky Gut and/or Candida:  What Now?
Treating Children for Candida/Yeast
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline uptrapperdansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2006, 08:00:14 AM »
hi everyone, just wondering if someone could tell me what "dying off" means. the goot treatment kills yeast, dying off means what????thanks a ton
Check out my testimony song!
A true story of God's delivering power!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-MUxfeWJo

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2006, 08:11:44 AM »
don't throw out the old goot...I have been using it on my daughters rash on her bottom.  She is still in pull ups at night and they make her butt break out, but the goot takes care of the rash.  I wouldn't use old goot for treating anything other than the topical application as it probably wouldn't work to get rid of a cold or flu, but this stuff is more than a month old and still works on her bottom.  I don't make fresh till I need it and I haven't needed it lately, thank the Lord! ;)