Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 167873 times)

Offline Melie

• Master
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #300 on: March 17, 2008, 09:32:41 AM »
Make sure it is coconut butter and not cocoa butter!

Well, it's says coconut butter but I am sure that it is not the same as coconut oil because it says on the label "Whole Coconut Flesh, not just Oil".  It is much thicker and chalkier and doesn't melt as smoothly as the oil.  Do you think it would work?

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #301 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37:05 AM »
Make sure it is coconut butter and not cocoa butter!

Well, it's says coconut butter but I am sure that it is not the same as coconut oil because it says on the label "Whole Coconut Flesh, not just Oil".  It is much thicker and chalkier and doesn't melt as smoothly as the oil.  Do you think it would work?

I say go for it!  You're going to blend it anyways (and strain, if desired).  It certainly won't hurt you.

cecac

« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2008, 06:00:13 AM »
My dd17 has some sores in her nose (possibly nose strep that we will have observed by the doctor next week).

They are continually crusting up.  So last week I had her begin the nasal rinse with neti pot twice per day which helps a little.

Last night we finally got some goot made and I told her to try and put a little on a cotton swab and swab those sores.

It made her throat scratchy/hoarse, she feels a little congested in her nasal/throat area, and it burned on the actual sores a little bit.  She sneezed after the application.

Since,  :D, she declared she wouldn't do THAT again this morning, we decided two tabs of odorless garlic down the hatch three times per day instead.

But, was that a detox reaction, or was that her body saying the goot was too much used like that?

Thank you for any thoughts,
Cara

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
Just a note.  I made a garlic oil for my ear and I added eucalyptus, lavender and sage essential oils.  It smells more like a tasty Italian meal than a rancid vegetable.  For those with the finicky uber nose, maybe adding these oils would help tone it down a bit.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline simplyscraphappy

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2008, 01:37:06 PM »
Has anyone ever made GOOT without the coconut oil in a pinch?  I would love to put some on my son before bed tonight.  Have never tried it.  My son (4) suffers from colds so often and they are so long with tons of drainage and coughs in the night.  I appreciate any advice on that, too (root cause?)

Do you think it would help even without the second oil?

Thanks so much

Rebecca, expecting number #3 ... um, anytime!

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
GOOT isn't GOOT w/o coconut oil. 

But you could make garlic oil with olive oil & garlic.  WellTellMe: How to Make Garlic Oil

Here's a few topics about frequent illnesses & colds:

Recurrent Illness in Spite of Healthy Living
Cold, Cough, and The Like
Sinus Infections

Sarah K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline pennylynn

• Learning
« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2008, 02:39:58 AM »
I'm a believer but not a strict follower (because of laziness) anyway I put goot on my 3yr old's feet and wrapped his feet over night mostly so the oil didn't get on the sheets. If the allicin is gone after 10-15 min. is over night even necessary?

Offline MamaSong

• Adept
« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2008, 04:11:31 AM »
I think the "overnight" recommendation is due to smell (which I happen to like, but I avoid putting it on my kids just before we go out!) and less likelihood that you'll rub it off by walking around.  It works whenever you use it.

Offline pennylynn

• Learning
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »
I guess I new that. I was having one of those Duuu moments. The point is that it works EVERY time.In fall and winter I can't keep him well, he seems to be very sensitive to everything (it seems) but then again I'm not as organic as I know I should be. I'm a freak in a Lg family of extremely unorganic (is that a word) people.

Offline mominmo

• Proverbs 3:5
  • Wide Eyed
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
I made garlic oil, without the coconut oil, only because we were in a pinch.  It worked very well on the bug bites we put it on, the only complaint was it's oil so it ran, but the itch went away and the bite healed quickly.  Made a believer out of the family.  I have bought some coconut oil and I am going to make the GOOT the right way.  Should stay in place better.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart...
Proverbs 3:5

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #310 on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:39 AM »
Anyone had the experience of GOOT causing a rash on the chest/neck (that's where I've been applying it mainly)  My dd was congested last night, so I put goot on, and this morning she has a light rash all over her chest. 
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline queentea

• Adept
« Reply #311 on: October 06, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »
Anyone had the experience of GOOT causing a rash on the chest/neck (that's where I've been applying it mainly)  My dd was congested last night, so I put goot on, and this morning she has a light rash all over her chest. 
sensative skin had the same problem.  Try putting it on her back and feet, maybe those areas will be less sensative

Offline braydensmama

• Adept
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
I would love to make some GOOT but when I click on the link provided nothing comes up. :( I tried to google it to with no success. :(
You can read more about my family at www.corleyz.blogspot.com

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #313 on: October 06, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
I would love to make some GOOT but when I click on the link provided nothing comes up. :( I tried to google it to with no success. :(
You can also go to the articles section of WTM and find it here:
http://www.welltellme.com/articles/recipes/home-remedies/goot

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #314 on: October 06, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
sensative skin had the same problem.  Try putting it on her back and feet, maybe those areas will be less sensative

Thanks queentea.  I had noticed that where I'd applied it on her back there didn't seem to be a rash, or at least it was just very very faint.  Good to know.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »
I found this with a Google search:
http://nacd.org/health/goot_garlic_oil_ointment.pdf
GOOT Garlic Oil Ointment
A formula that will produce miracles -
Anti-infective/Anti-fungal/Anti-parasites Warm 3 tablespoons of
Coconut oil over stove until melted and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic.
Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for 2 minutes. Use a blender
or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of
garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar
and label it "GOOT." Place in a refrigerator.
GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after 1 hour. GOOT, rubbed into the
skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on
the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest
colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Apply directly
to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete's foot and genital area for
jock itch. Insert GOOT into vagina or rectum for yeast or other related
infections. Apply on rashes any place. Place on cotton swab for ear
infections. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by
direct application. In addition, it treats systemic infections by
absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels
throughout the body. After two weeks, make a new batch of GOOT.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #316 on: November 02, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »
At what temp does allicin die?

I was making goot and I thought I shut off the stove but actually had turned it up so I slightly cooked my goot to about 120*F.  Is it ruined?    ~L

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #317 on: January 01, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »
I found this with a Google search:
GOOT Garlic Oil Ointment
A formula that will produce miracles -
Anti-infective/Anti-fungal/Anti-parasites Warm 3 tablespoons of
Coconut oil over stove until melted and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic.
Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for 2 minutes. Use a blender
or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of
garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar
and label it "GOOT." Place in a refrigerator.
GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after 1 hour. GOOT, rubbed into the
skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on
the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest
colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Apply directly
to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete's foot and genital area for
jock itch. Insert GOOT into vagina or rectum for yeast or other related
infections. Apply on rashes any place. Place on cotton swab for ear
infections. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by
direct application. In addition, it treats systemic infections by
absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels
throughout the body. After two weeks, make a new batch of GOOT.

OK...  I have a baby girl with yeast...  long story short, I tried using brewers yeast to up my milk production, she got sick with a fever, I believe the fever killed off the good bacteria in her gut and incubated the yeast...

She seems to have it bad.  Her tounge is very coated with white.  Her vaginal area is very red/irritated/itchy. 

So my question is, if GOOT kills bad bacteria, wouldn't it also kill good bacteria?  And if so, is it advisable to use GOOT as a therapy for Candida? 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #318 on: January 02, 2009, 03:26:20 AM »
i'm pretty sure it doesn't kill off the good.  just like eating garlic builds the good bacteria in you, it will in the goot.  i rubbed it on my belly and it really helped my yeast symptoms.  i wouldn't put it directly on the vag. infection, but you could rub it all over the rest of her and i think it would be really helpful.  try plain coconut oil down there.  some have mixed it with TTU.  hope you find her some relief soon. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #319 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »
Her vaginal yeast symptoms are almost cleared up completely! 

Wantta know what did it? 

Bacteria baths. 

I would run the sink full of warm water and add one or two capsules of tummy tune-up Acidopholis Blast.  After the bath I would dry her well and cover her liberally with coconut oil.  It worked... and FAST!

Now, her tounge is still coated... so there's still some internal work to be done, but we are getting there. 

Thank you 4myhoonie.  I just have a hard time figuring out how something (garlic, fever, etc.) can kill bad bacteria... but not good bacteria.  Maybe I'm too logical for my own good.  ::) 

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #320 on: January 02, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »
I just have a hard time figuring out how something (garlic, fever, etc.) can kill bad bacteria... but not good bacteria. 

Ok... this statement got me to thinking... which led to an entire day of research.  Research that I did not take notes of the links that I followed...  ::)  Sorry...  I started with wikipedia studying bacteria, fever and lactobacillus acidophilus and I went from there. 

What I found is: Fever does not kill bacteria.  Fever inhibits bacteria from reproducing allowing the white blood cells to multiply, attack and overcome the bacterial invaders that are harming the body. 

With this in mind, fever does indirectly reduce the amount of both good and bad bacteria in the body because as it inhibits the reproduction, and the bacteria (both good and bad) die off at their normal rate, the bacteria is not replaced as quickly as it usually is... therefore it is reduced.  The amount of reduction depends on the length of the fever and the virility of the bacteria.

SO... If you have a prolonged fever, it really may be best if you take a good probiotic to replenish the gut of the good bacteria needed...

Guess how garlic works as an antibacterial agent...
http://www.vitalnutrients.net/hq_handouts2.asp?VitaminName=Garlic
The sulfides in garlic may also work in a way similar to that of penicillin and sulfa drugs, to counter the growth of bacteria.

Much like a fever, it seems to slow the reproduction rate of bacteria... so again, if you are taking garlic for an extended period of time, you may want to add a probiotic to your diet. 

I thought this science fair project was interesting...http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/History/2004/Projects/J1310.pdf

though this study does indicate that garlic is stronger against pathinogenic bacteria than lactic acid bacteria... I'd have to be curious enough to pay for the article to find out how much so...  and I'm not.  ;)
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=15223846

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
I'm new to this website, although not new to trying home remedies rather than store bought.  Actually, I just tried a neti pot for the first time.  That was interesting! :lol:  Anyways, I just made some goot with organic cloves and the expensive cocnut oil.  It's in the fridge.  My question: I started the colds on Monday and am feeling better.  However, 2 of my kids are still pretty sick, one with a croupy type cough (I think - is that dry and barky?) and one went to bed at 4:00pm feeling like throwing up.  She woke up white as a sheet and wretching, but not throwing up.  That is something new.  Can I do the goot treatment now, after they're already pretty sick?  Will it help at all?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2009, 07:24:28 AM »
Goot might help. I use it liberally when I have it made up and we are staying in. Even if it doesn't help much or not as fast- it can't hurt!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2009, 04:04:52 AM »
I am really bummed.  I needed the link to GOOT so I went to one of SCs first posts where she has the link and I can't get it to come up.  ??? Then I googled GOOT and got NOTHING about our GOOT.  Is it just me or just a fluke?  Can someone help me get the website?  Thanks.  :)

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2009, 05:58:33 AM »
The recipe is under "articles" at the top of the page.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #325 on: February 12, 2009, 06:29:31 AM »
Oh, I have the recipe, I just wanted the "original" webpage where SC got it. But thanks. :)  I did some research and there are other websites w/ that link and it is just not working.  I called that company and she said it's there.  She did go ahead and email me the recipe but I wanted that page. :) 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #326 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #327 on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:34 PM »
The last time I made goot, it became hard in the fridge.  I had to scrape it off to apply it.  Is it supposed to do that?  I'm trying it again and straining it this time.  I didn't strain it last time, and the garlic just settled to the bottom anyways.  I just had a thought.  I took the strained garlic and threw it in my soup.  All the ingredients are used in cooking anyways!  :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 01:57:44 PM by WI Cheesehead »

Offline Mrs.Visser

• The Mrs. Visser!!
  • Adept
  • Learn & Live Well!!
    • Growing Up Herbal
« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2009, 02:52:17 AM »

i think this is it.

Thanks for the link 4myhoonie! It worked great and was very helpful.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2009, 03:30:24 AM »
The last time I made goot, it became hard in the fridge.  I had to scrape it off to apply it.  Is it supposed to do that?  I'm trying it again and straining it this time.  I didn't strain it last time, and the garlic just settled to the bottom anyways.  I just had a thought.  I took the strained garlic and threw it in my soup.  All the ingredients are used in cooking anyways!  :D

yes, it's usually a soft paste in the frig.  great minds think alike, that's wahat i do too. it makes great soup!