Author Topic: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]  (Read 169370 times)

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
Re: GOOT - Garlic Oil Ointment [Treatment]
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »
Listen to SC tell us about GOOT:

www.backtobasicspodcast.com

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2007, 06:17:51 AM »

I took GOOT camping. It was used for bug bites,bruising, a puncture wound and a snotty baby nose. Bug bites did not heal but it did take the itch out (me). Bruise and puncture wound were helped alot (my brother). Snotty nose did not seem to improve (my baby). Will keep using for other situations.
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #212 on: July 01, 2007, 10:09:22 AM »
My son had an allergic reaction to the cows or kittens or chickens or hay or ??? at the dairy farm yesterday.  We came home, he got a bath to wash all the allergens off and he seemed a little better...  This morning he came into our room all snotty-headed and swollen eyed, so I figured that GOOT couldn't hurt...

His head was clearing up in 20 minutes.  His eyes look normal and he's back to his old self.

GOOT scores again! 

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
Just curious about where you rubbed it on him?
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »
All over his feet.  Then put some socks on him.   

My husband was kinda shocked.  He curled his nose at the smell, but humored me.  He was sitting with the boy on his lap and after a bit he looked up at me and said, "He's not snorting anymore."  with a hint of surprise in his voice.  Within an hour he informed me that his eyes looked normal too. 

I tried not to show it but I was almost as surprised as he was.  I didn't really expect it to work on an allergic response.     

Offline all2Jesus

• Wait on the Lord, be of good courage!
  • Adept
  • My guys.
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2007, 09:08:58 AM »
 Hi all,
 I listened to the Goot Podcast, it was nice to hear Kristen & SC's friendly voices :)
giving good instuctions.  I'm wondering (for DH's sake) is thier anything to cut the smell down? My Dh may ban me from Goot, if I can't mask it somewhat. :-\
<><  respecting Mike for 15 yrs, Momma to Noah 6 1/2 yrs. and Titus 2 yrs .
http://allthedaysofmylife-ohhollyf.blogspot.com/

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2007, 09:58:04 AM »
Hi all,
 I listened to the Goot Podcast, it was nice to hear Kristen & SC's friendly voices :)
giving good instuctions.  I'm wondering (for DH's sake) is thier anything to cut the smell down? My Dh may ban me from Goot, if I can't mask it somewhat. :-\

Thanks!

Maybe you could boil eggs and leave them around. That might mask the smell of GOOT.  ;D
(I hate boiled eggs right now).  :P

Or, cook a big garlic dinner. He may not notice the extra Garlic.

OR, while you are making the GOOT salve.....make a massage type salve to use later... with nice essential oils.  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:05:20 AM by KristenA »

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »
So, Kristen, what's the next topic to be covered on the podcast?
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
My Dh may ban me from Goot, if I can't mask it somewhat. :-\

I was afraid of the same fate until DH saw it work so quickly.  Now I think he may even let me use it on him some day.... maybe...   :-\ 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
The GOOT is great, SC! Thanks for the link!.................................
I mentioned this on another thread - but the garlic you strain out of the GOOT is easy to turn into pesto if you put it back in the blender with some fresh herbs!

the other day, for my sick kids i was making GOOT and just dumped the strained Garlic into a pot with my chicken broth soup that i was making.  they are getting used to all that extra garlic and some even liked it!   ;D  i'm sure lots of you already do this, but just thought i'd post.  the first few times i made GOOT i actually threw away the strained garlic!!!!   ::)  silly me!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2007, 01:42:49 AM »
I just wanted to say that GOOT is 10x more powerful with fresh garlic from your garden.  I made a recent batch and I can't tell you how wonderful its healing properties are.  It has always worked great for our family, but works much faster when you use your own!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2007, 09:04:38 AM »
I just wanted to say that GOOT is 10x more powerful with fresh garlic from your garden.  I made a recent batch and I can't tell you how wonderful its healing properties are.  It has always worked great for our family, but works much faster when you use your own!

wow!  cool, thanks!  so is it time for me to dig the garlic i planted last fall?  some of it has brown tops, but i thought it was supposed to get seedy things on top. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline HeyMom

• Adept
    • My journey with Jesus as a young widow, Courage Road
« Reply #222 on: July 03, 2007, 09:25:36 AM »

wow!  cool, thanks!  so is it time for me to dig the garlic i planted last fall?  some of it has brown tops, but i thought it was supposed to get seedy things on top. 

try this link - it has a lot of great garlic tips.....
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1557.msg13176.html#msg13176
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
www.courageroad.blogspot.com

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #223 on: July 03, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »

Well, it was for me, and I didn't even know it.  I got ZERO scapes this year.  They browned, fell over dead, and I harvested mine.  Weird summer.  ;D

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #224 on: July 03, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »

Well, it was for me, and I didn't even know it.  I got ZERO scapes this year.  They browned, fell over dead, and I harvested mine.  Weird summer.  ;D

hey, thanks!  sounds like mine.  maybe soon they will fall over dead! 

and thanks Peace4all for the thread--very helpful! 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2007, 04:41:25 AM »
Have you tried the hot, garlic, ACV, and honey tea? That always works for sore throats around here.
WR

hey WR, will it make it go AWAY?  or just make the person feel better for a while, like an over the counter med?  i'm sorry, i moved my initial post to the colds, phlegm, etc. thread, cuz i found it after, thinking it would more appropriately go there.  thanks!  i will give it a go.  my kids hate that stuff.   :P 

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2007, 09:22:44 AM »
Just learning about GOOT and wondering - can it be taken internally?  As in swallowed?  Sounds like it could help with stomach stuff, and also sore throat stuff.
Anyone ever downed it straight?
Let me know, I'm game for anything!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
Just learning about GOOT and wondering - can it be taken internally?  As in swallowed?  Sounds like it could help with stomach stuff, and also sore throat stuff.

i don't think it would be a bad idea.  i put it in my kids' ears when i think they are infected.  also, people have used leftover goot in cooking.  :D  lots of people just cut garlic up in pieces and swallow like pills.  you could try that too. 

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice -just as I was thinking.  Confirmation is a wonderful thing . . . from wise sisters!

cecac

« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2007, 02:35:11 AM »
I made GOOT last week for the first time.

My two youngest came down with a cold (the one year old had been in nursery for church).  I rubbed it on their feet/chest two to three times per day.  Mostly just their feet with Vicks Vapo on the chest.  (That's an interesting smell.)

Anyway, no one else here is getting sick.  I didn't put it on anyone else although I knew I should have.  There are 7 other children, my husband, and myself.  That is unusual for us to not spread it, at least a little.

Is that because I used GOOT on the babies?  That would be a neat benefit if it is true....

By the way, last night I was tired and was putting those two littles to bed with Vics.  I decided to skip GOOT, until my sweet 3yo dd said, "Mama, garlic feet?" 

Thanks,
Cara

YoopreMama

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »
My most recent GOOT experience...

I had 4 skin biopsies 10 days ago.  All required a couple of stitches and were in sensitive areas.  I am allergic (itchy bumps break out--very common, I'm told) to Neosporin/Triple Antibiotic Ointments (I'd avoid them even if I wasn't), and the Dr. wanted something on it to keep it from drying out as well as to prevent infection.  Well....I was using Vitamin E oil at first, but when redness, hardness and yucky fluids started draining, I knew that it was time to make GOOT. 

Within a day, there was noticeable improvement re: all symptoms.  As long as I remember to put it on several times a day--things look "goot".   ;)  :D  I think as it heals, I'll be able to use the Vitamin E oil to prevent scarring.

Nickole

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »

I figure it's a great way to get garlic into their bodies too.  I've been rubbing GOOT on my almost 2 year old's bum that is covered in a rash, and also giving her big globs of it to eat.  She loves it.  Last time I put it on her bum, she opened her mouth wide for me to feed her some too!  My little birdie. 

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2007, 06:23:17 PM »
I made GOOT last week for the first time.

My two youngest came down with a cold (the one year old had been in nursery for church).  I rubbed it on their feet/chest two to three times per day.  Mostly just their feet with Vicks Vapo on the chest.  (That's an interesting smell.)

I just made mine for the first time 2 weeks ago  :).

A friend of mine told me about adding 8-10 drops each of tea tree and eucalyptus EO to 1 tsp of a carrier oil (olive oil b/c I've got it on hand) and use that on the chest, back and feet instead of the vicks. I did that on my dd tonight before bed with the GOOT in all the same places. She started with a cold this morning. Last time she had a cold I didn't have GOOT yet, but I still did the oil after a garlic poultice. She was 75% better by the next morning and her bedroom smelled like a pizzeria  :D.
My 4 yods, "Mama, do mommy cows have rutters?"

Offline Lauralee

• Adept
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2007, 01:18:41 AM »
I have been using GOOT for chest congestion (lots of coughing) I have had for a week. I put it on 2-3 times per day for three days and on my feet at night. It doesn't seem to be helping much. Is there something I am missing? Should I have used it the first signs of congestion?
My dh won't come near me because I stink! :D

YoopreMama

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2007, 01:54:57 AM »
GOOT is really helping fight off infection w/ DD's motorcycle muffler burn...applying it around the burn (it had been red and swollen), as well as on feet.

Has anyone ever tried GOOT when "healthy" just to see what happens?   :o  ;D

Offline threeblessings

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:55 AM »
Hi everyone.  I am new at this and was wanting to make some GOOT.  My question is where do you get Coconut oil??  Our health food store did not have it.  What is it?  Is it a liquid or a suave??  They had it at the drug store, but it was in capsule  form.  I went to Wal-mart and found imitation Coconut oil (in the spice aisle).  I used it, made the GOOT, but it didn't turn out like a suave.  It was a little runny.  My son is complaining with his ear, so I wanted to try this before going to the Doc.

I would appreciate anyone's help.

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2007, 06:18:32 AM »
We get our coconut oil from our local co-op. It is completely unrefined and is eather runny or solid depending on if you have it above or below the 75 degree temperature. If I want a salve I refridgerate it after soaking selected herbs in it, but if you want it to stay a salve above the 75 degree range you could easily warm some if it up with a little beeswax in it I'd think. Just some thoughts :).Here's the web address off our jar: www.nonipacific.com

Offline threeblessings

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2007, 06:27:48 AM »
Thank you I never thought about the Co-op.  We have two close by I'm going to give them a call.

Thanks again.

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2007, 04:41:08 AM »
I am making some GOOT for a friend. Does anyone know if you can use it while you are pregnant? She needs to do something natural for chest cold. Or any other ideas?

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2007, 04:42:28 AM »
Yes you can use it while pregnant.And if she can eat or swallow a few cloves that would help a lot.

Em